3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~March Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/293307-%7E%7Emarch-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

maryea 03-17-2014 02:35 AM

It was a busy day. Went to church, then out to lunch, then shopped Burlingtons and I bought a couple skirts and dh got a jacket, a yellow dress shirt and a matching tie. I didn't track today but know I got off plan tonight and ate too much. Tomorrow is another day.

Cajun - Love the idea of living somewhere where you don't have to lock your doors, but can't really imagine it. I do not live in fear, wasn't even afraid the other night but I do feel the need to take precautions. This is not our first strange happening, however we have never had a break-in of our house. We did have someone break into our pickup once though and they stole some things. We think we know who did it but he denied it. Even his dad said he probably did it. It was sad because he was a kid that had even helped dh cut down a tree and they had gotten along fine. Don't know why he did it...there was nothing of great value in the pickup. Oh and many years ago, when we lived in Seattle, someone broke into our detached garage and stole some tools etc. We lived near a high school and suspect it was teenagers.

Wannabe - Yeah thats a nice thing about having a dog. When our last dog died (she had a mass and we think it was probably ca), we said no more because we were traveling a lot. Right now we aren't traveling so much but we still plan to do more so will wait for a dog.

Luncinda - Loved your story about your security system and your son. We've accidentally set ours off several times, once the fire truck was almost to our house before they got it turned around. Don't know why they sent the firetruck anyway as it was the entry alarm that went off. Once the emergency remote went off without our knowing and not our fault and the police came. They were going to make us pay a fine but I appealed to the company and they paid it. And also our smoke detector (part of the system) is extremely sensitive and it goes off every now and then when we are cooking. Very embarrassing.

I'm off to bed now..very tired.

ladyinweighting 03-17-2014 10:03 AM

Hi Everyone,

Been busy. Saturday I went to a genealogy conference in Philly. Proud of myself that I went alone. My preferred way to do activities is with a friend. However, friends are not always available or share my interests.

Yesterday, went into Philly to see Grand Budapest Hotel - a VERY strange movie. Then, last night went to my neighbor's for a corned beef & cabbage St. Patrick's Day Eve dinner.

Today I am meeting my friend for a little shopping & lunch. Tomorrow I start a new course & on Friday, my DD is coming north.

If anyone is interested in receiving a copy of the 1-1-1 book, PM me with your address & I will send. Diet doesn't really work for me.

Take care & have a VERY HAPPY St. Patrick's Day! :cupgold::luck2you::patrick::kissluck::irish::drin kup::goldpot:

Lynn

Wannabehealthy 03-17-2014 12:01 PM

I have been having frequent headaches lately. I don't usually get headaches so I'm hoping it's from the change in the weather rather than something else.

Lynn
, I envy you your corned beef and cabbage dinner. That's right up my alley, but DH doesn't like it.

Maryea - If I ever live alone I will probably get an alarm system of some kind. I would be in trouble with the smoke detector because my battery operated one is constantly going off because of cooking. At least I know it works. My son recently moved into a house with a nice security system but haven't had an accidental incident yet. It's coming though, with a 5 year old who doesn't understand when not to open a door or window.

maryea 03-17-2014 09:25 PM

Hi GGs! I had a busy day here at home. Didn't go to the gym because I knew I was going to get a workout with my carpet cleaner! I cleaned the family room....figured one room at a time was the best I could do, and I made the right decision. Had no trouble pushing it around but between moving furniture, dusting, vacuuming, shampooing carpet and upholstery(changing water 3x) and replacing furniture, I was TIRED and I only moved the easy things. Not all the stains came out of either the carpet or the upholstery but perhaps with a few more cleaning it'll do better and it still looks better than before. I usually have it professionally clean and I'm tired of waiting for them and paying and them trying to upsell me etc. I think this will be better and I'll get a workout too! :D:carrot:
Dh was working outside the whole time. It was pouring but he was undercover most of the time...trying to stay out of my way. LOL

Today's eating
breakfast
pb mocha frappe - protein, carb and fat

lunch
egg sandwich - protein, carb and fat
baby carrots - free

pm snack
pb mocha frappe - forgot to cut the milk in 1/2 for a snack but it is only 1/2 cup - protein, carb and fat

dinner will be:
Swiss steak (beef and veggies) protein, veggies are free
Potato - 1/2 med. - carb
Smart Balance - no more than 1 T - fat
ETA: Also had a salad - free

Gonna really try not to eat tonight. I wish now I'd had fruit for my pm snack.
Sometimes I just don't think and auto go to the frappe.

wannabe - this morning I opened the door to take out the trash and our alarm went off but I got it shut off quickly so no call from company. :o It happens and they have always been kind.

Lynn - so sorry 1-1-1 hasn't worked out for you. was it something you didn't like or you didn't lose weight on it? I haven't lost (up and down) but for me it's enough that I like that my bs as now good and I do enjoy eating this way. Evenings are the only hard part but I was doing fine and think I can do it again. But realize everyone is different. I know how disciplined you are so know you will find a way to lose those last few pounds. Wish that was all I had to lose! :^:

lucindaarrowspark 03-17-2014 10:03 PM

I am also getting ready for bed. I wore green today and felt united with everyone else wearing green, infact 4 other people at my prayer class tonight were also wearing green and "newsflash" none of us are Irish but we all know the value of showing respect to our neighbors and friends.
On a different note, a person who I admire and look up to b/c of his knowledge and teaching style spoke about 12 step programs and over eaters anonymous. He was looking right at me when he spoke and I think he must somehow know that I too struggle with addiction and I too trust in a higher power who for some reason cares about me ....

canadjineh 03-17-2014 11:13 PM

Today I turned 50 and so officially can lurk around on this thread, :D. Not Irish either (Italian plus Canadian back to the 1500's) but I was wearing my Emerald Green boyshort undies. Just couldn't flash them at anybody though!

Today was a major expenses day... Hubby starts his work season tomorrow, so it was work truck insurance, business licence renewal, etc, etc... I cringe when I think about the bank account, but that will soon be refilled. DH said he never realized how much money I made when I was working, until this winter without ANY income. This winter did kinda hurt a little; I might rethink my 'retirement'. Much as I love him, I'll be glad he's back to work as he can be hard to keep occupied. He's always wanting to do something or work on some project or go out for some exercise (admittedly not bad things) but I like to relax with a book once in a while and spend some more time with my gal pals.

Tomorrow I go for a major haircut (just for fun) - something way funky I saw in Elle magazine a few months ago. I haven't had a style revamp for a long time. If I hate it, it'll grow back soon enough :fr: hahahaha

If anyone is on Facebook take a look at BAR Salons after noon (cut is at 9) and my pics before & after should be there. Going for a colour change probably too, but not for a little while. A rich Burgundy is too hard to keep looking fresh - fades fast - maybe back to my natural dark blonde (with root hiding help of course)

Liana

lucindaarrowspark 03-18-2014 07:58 AM

Happy Birthday Liana and welcome to the 5th decade! I will check out your before/after hair cut photos later today.
Going blonde sounds fun, both my adult daughters are now blondes...

ladyinweighting 03-18-2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryea (Post 4965346)
Lynn - so sorry 1-1-1 hasn't worked out for you. was it something you didn't like or you didn't lose weight on it? I haven't lost (up and down) but for me it's enough that I like that my bs as now good and I do enjoy eating this way. Evenings are the only hard part but I was doing fine and think I can do it again. But realize everyone is different. I know how disciplined you are so know you will find a way to lose those last few pounds. Wish that was all I had to lose! :^:

Hi Mary,

I think it is me, not the diet. I am really struggling with my eating. I think that the loss of my sister & my DD's move to FL have thrown me. This has happened in the past when someone I love has died or gotten ill.

The 1-1-1 diet requires more concentration on eating than I can do right now.

I think I will start (at least for this week) posting my meals. Maybe this will keep me from bizarre eating.

Lynn

PS - the book has been requested & is being sent today.

Today's Eating -

Breakfast - Nugo Protein Bar

Snack - Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich

Lunch - brown rice veggie sushi (5) + pineapple chunks

Snack - 4 graham cracker squares w Smart Balance margarine

Dinner - scrambled eggs (2) + English muffin w butter

Snack - SF jello + SF Cool Whip + unsweetened cocoa

junem 03-18-2014 02:23 PM

I wasn't going to post here today. But Canadjeneh's post struck a chord. I have been in on the 40-something's board for a little over a year. And I am still somewhat active there. In the last year I have remained 'stuck' at 10-20 lbs overweight. I turned 50 last week. It is a reality I don't want to face.

Happy 50th Canadjeneh, my fellow pisces.

Cajunlady165 03-18-2014 02:43 PM

Hi ladies. I'm still trying to recuperate from the weekend. We smoked sausage and Tasso all day Saturday and all day Sunday with company and cooking supper both nights for our company. Basically they spent the weekend at our house. But we had a really good time. Saturday morning I went to best buy and bought a new iPad air. It was between a lap top or iPad. Our sons gave me gift cards to get whatever I wanted. At that time I was still undecided. I also bought the wireless printer/ copy machine /scanner.
Once again I'm packing for the weekend. We are renting a cabin in a state park a couple hours from home for our. 30th wedding anniversary. Dh's ring came back from the jewelry store. I'm getting very excited.
Our sons went to Alabama for 3 or 4 days to work. It very strange having them both gone at the same time.

Mary I bought the 1-1-1- book. I've been reading it trying to understand it. A few things are questionable like can I have sugar substitutes like stevia and am I allowed diet coke?
Tam maybe you could help me also understand this diet.

Gotta go do laundry. Be back later.
Hugs
Cajun

TamTam 03-18-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 (Post 4965853)
Hi ladies. I'm still trying to recuperate from the weekend. We smoked sausage and Tasso all day Saturday and all day Sunday with company and cooking supper both nights for our company. Basically they spent the weekend at our house. But we had a really good time. Saturday morning I went to best buy and bought a new iPad air. It was between a lap top or iPad. Our sons gave me gift cards to get whatever I wanted. At that time I was still undecided. I also bought the wireless printer/ copy machine /scanner.
Once again I'm packing for the weekend. We are renting a cabin in a state park a couple hours from home for our. 30th wedding anniversary. Dh's ring came back from the jewelry store. I'm getting very excited.
Our sons went to Alabama for 3 or 4 days to work. It very strange having them both gone at the same time.

Mary I bought the 1-1-1- book. I've been reading it trying to understand it. A few things are questionable like can I have sugar substitutes like stevia and am I allowed diet coke?
Tam maybe you could help me also understand this diet.

Gotta go do laundry. Be back later.
Hugs
Cajun

Yes you can have stevia and as far as I know you can have diet coke. I have not had a diet coke since superbowl sunday been drinking more water with lemon and when I want a carbonated drink I do club soda with lemon. Hubby has not had soda in years and I am trying to do the same, since no more diet coke my heartburn is gone and I do not seem to be retaining as much fluid. The best part is that I do no crave the soda, so I am going to try and not drink it anymore. I think I will re-read the book soon just to make sure I understand it better. If you go on facebook under the author's name she has a page and you can ask questions and she answers them.

maryea 03-18-2014 09:02 PM

Hello GGs! It is another beautiful sunny day here. We went to dh's retiree brunch this morning, but have been home the rest of the day. Dh is chopping wood. I have been very lazy, just very sleepy all day. Not even cooking tonight as we are having leftovers, and each on his own. I am just now feeling like doing something so will try to get somethings done tonight. I have always been an evening person but only problem is I often get distracted by TV. Our son came over last night and we enjoyed talking together. He'd already had dinner though, so didn't join us when we ate. Too bad because the Swiss Steak was yummy!

My eating today:
brunch out
biscuit and gravy - carb and fat (I scooped out the bits of sausage in the gravy) Yuck! Will not order again!
bacon - 1 1/2 sl - protein

am snack - actually shouldn't have eaten this because my bs wasn't down enough but I was "needing" my mocha fix.
pb mocha frappe made with almond milk - protein, carb and fat
fiber supplement

lunch
tangerine - carb
Greek yogurt - protein
pecans - 1 T - fat

afternoon snack/dinner (my meal timing was off today!)
Beef & Bean Chimichanga - protein & carb
large salad - free
cheese 1/2 oz - fat

calories 1354
carbs 134
fiber 16
My fat is still high at 72 but doubt I'll work on that unless my labs force me too, and they may very well do that.

Tam - The author did respond to one of my questions today!

Cajun - Congrats on the ipad air! I enjoy my ipad...for me it doesn't take the place of a laptop though. I use it more for playing games and reading, but do take when I travel and then use it for web. I agree with Tam that you can have Stevia and diet sodas on 1-1-1. Actually you can eat/drink ANYTHING as long as nutrition is balanced. ONE protein, ONE carb and ONE fat at every meal and snack. Only difference between meals and snacks is that for snacks the protein and grains (if any eaten) have to be 1/2 serving. The serving are listed in the book of many foods. I have forgotten the snack rule a couple times. But those and don't eat after dinner unless you save a part of your dinner to eat later if you really have to have something. So just three rules.

Junem - Welcome!

Cana - Hope you like your haircut. I haven't seen it yet but it sounds cute!
Glad you're official now!! :D

Lucinda - I'm right there with you...and thankful for His grace and forgiveness.
I got through most of the day without remembering it was St Pats and didn't wear green, but when I remembered I ran out and pinched my dh. LOL He hadn't thought of it either.

lucindaarrowspark 03-18-2014 09:08 PM

Not really weight related,( but I have not fallen off the wagon NSV!) My DS3 and I had a conversation this morning and it was him trying to articulate how small and insignificant he feels...I tried explaining existential angst and I tried to tell him it is a normal rite of passage to feel this way... Sigh we all have to go through it in order to come out the other side

canadjineh 03-18-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark (Post 4965558)
Happy Birthday Liana and welcome to the 5th decade! I will check out your before/after hair cut photos later today.
Going blonde sounds fun, both my adult daughters are now blondes...

Lucinda: I used to be a platinum blonde, and a light carmel brown, and strawberry blonde, and... Well, you get the picture (a large number of hairstylists are in my extended family). I'll have to do a between colour to get to dark blonde again...

Liana:genie:

Bobbolink 03-19-2014 08:51 AM

Much ado about nothing at my house. :wave: