Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #226  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning...just reading the post, no time to gab.

Glynne...thanks for the info on the fabric printer sheets. I'll look for it next time I get to JoAnn's Fabric. I have to go out of town, we lost our fabric store...not enough business in our small town.

Quote:

Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1 lettuce wrap • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 102.7 • Fat: 3.1 g • Carb: 9.6 g • Fiber: 0.9 g • Protein: 8.4 g • Sugar: 4.6 g
Sodium: 344.1 mg

Ingredients:

8 oz skinless, boneless chicken thighs, ground
1/4 cup water chestnuts, chopped fine
1/4 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
1 tbsp soy sauce (I used reduced sodium)
1/4 tsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp oyster sauce
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
1⁄2 tsp sugar
freshly ground white pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
6 iceberg lettuce leaves, rinsed (careful not to break)
2 tbsp diced scallions

For the Spicy Hoisin Dipping Sauces:

4 tbsp hoisin sauce
1/2 tsp chili sauce, I used Sriracha
1 tbsp warm water

Directions:

Place mushrooms in hot water to soften a few minutes. Remove stems and chop fine.
Combine soy sauces, oyster sauce, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, rice wine, sugar, and pepper in a bowl.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning goldens. HUNTING SEASON IS OVER!!!!!!!!! Can you see my joy. Dh and I are going visit a cousin and her husband in north louisiana. About 3.5 hours from here. They are leaving on a six month or more pipe land job so we will spend the weekend with them. The following weekend we go back to the camp and close it up until the fall.
Now maybe I won't have such a hard time on weekends with my diet.
It's cloudy and dreary here this morning. Expecting more rain tomorrow. I'm thinking we will have a wet spring.
Nothing too much going on.
Hi to all. Work calls.
Hugs
Cajun.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #228  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Lucinda ~ I don't know what things you can do with your phone. What I do to get pictures from mine is to send the picture to my e-mail, then when it gets in my email on my computer, I save it to my pictures folder on my computer. It is on the computer then and when I want to put it in a post on 3FC, I can get it from the folder on my computer. There may be some simpler/less complicated way to do it, but I don't know how, so I do it this way. Maybe someone else will be able to tell you an easier way to do it.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm leaving on a Jet Plane....

Hi there peeps!

I'm getting ready to fly out of here in a week! Laundry and cleaning house (or trying to) today. Getting everything ready for my 10 day jaunt to Orlando. Part of me is excited and part of me is terrified.

Hopefully my guys will still be alive when I get home!!

Made my hubby a visual calendar of things he has to do for Jonathan each day. He's so clueless sometimes. It really helped over the weekend. My goal is for him to "practice" for when Mama's away. (Jonathan has Type 1 Diabetes and autism among other things.)

The retreat is for Moms of "extra" special needs kids. Honestly cannot believe I'm dong this!!

I'll be here occasionally, when I take a break.

(Not weighing for a few days. Hope to see the 220's by FRIDAY!!)
Old 02-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #230  

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens! Yesterday was Day 2 on the 1-1-1 plan. I didn't do it perfectly because I forgot I wasn't supposed to eat in the evenings...gee since it was such a big thing to me the other day, I don't know how I forgot. I guess I got to thinking that my diabetic plan says I'm to have a carb snack in the evening and I was actually excited because my bs was finally low enough to have a bedtime snack. I even planned it out to fit the 1-1-2 plan. Crazy..but other than that I did well. My calories weren't as low as the first day because I ate three meals plus that snack but on this plan you are actually supposed to eat 3 meals plus 2 snacks a day, just no snack at night. The cals were also higher because we ate out even though I kept to salad (with dressing for once as that's allowed) and soup and NO breadsticks (another NSV!) I may actually have calculated a little too high. I also had a frozen entree for dinner since I don't cook on Sunday evenings. But I still should be able to lose for a while at this.

Here are my stats:
Calories 1469
Carbs 178
Fat 61 H
Sodium 3284 H! (due to restaurant food and frozen entree)
Fiber 31

My bs were good most of the time yesterday, but still high in the ams. Doesn't seem to matter whether I eat a bedtime snack or not. They are coming down though. I'm experiementing with this diet plan and my bs. We went to the gym and worked out a little bit over an hour. The author says not to wait long to have a snack after your workout. Usually at that time of day my bs is high, but the snacks are very small so I tried it this morning to see what will happen. Dh discovered his headset was missing when he got home, figured he left it at the gym. Sure hope he finds it, I have lost a couple things there.

Change4Life - I'm sure your family will do fine and it will be a nice break for you.

Lucinda - Sorry you're having trouble...you have to remember where you uploaded the photo to. You can do it again and this time write it down. You can save them whereever you want. Most people save them to their picture folder. Then when you select the photo, the address will pop in the box automatically. If you keep things on your phone...pictures or data, anything you don't want to lose, you should be backing them up someway every now and then anyway. As glynne said you can even do it to your email. I back mine up to the cloud and drop box, If you back them up to an online source, you will always have your pictures online unless its a new one that you just haven't backed up yet. It's just easier if you can just plug in your phone to a usb port on your computer and let them upload. My phone reminds me if it's been more than a month since I've done this. But I guess whether you can do that will depend on your phone. If you have a smartphone you can make sure it is set up in the settings app. If you don't have a smart phone it might be easier to do it as Glynne does.

Rosey - I am really liking the 1-1-1 plan! It just fits the way I eat but yet keeps me from overeating. I've made a few mistakes (see above), but think I'm getting it. It is a very very easy plan. My only problem is I have to think about my diabetes as well but think if my bs continues to come down it will probably mesh better. The meals actually are great for my bs, it's just the two snacks I'm not sure about. So far I've only had one snack a day. Surprisingly in some ways I actually eat more even though it's only 1 carb, 1 pro, 1 fat a meal/snack. Grains and proteins must be cut in 1/2 for snacks but other things stay the same. You do not have to track or measure anything other than cutting back on the serving for snacks. As a diabetic though i have to count my carbs and I like to track the calories and other things at least until I know I'm on the right track. So for now I'm enjoying this plan. I'm on the slow losing plan, but there is an accelerated way to do it if you want to lose faster and don't normally eat a great deal. The author shows you how to decide. It was an easy choice for me since I'm typically a big eater!

Cajun - Can hear the relief in your voice! Well you've done a lot of hunting and camping. Seems like so many are traveling somewhere right now. My dd and her dh are in the Cayman Is. Dh and I would like to travel but can't decide where we want to go. Probably will wait until summer now.

Last edited by maryea; 02-24-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Looking great, Liana!! You're good inspiration! Doesn't look like your DH needs to lose an ounce! He's very thin already!
Thanks! Randy looks skinny in the photo because he had to get a bigger suit (42 chest) to get bigger pants (34 waist) lol. The pants fit but the jacket is a little big thru the chest & shoulder area. Soon he will be back to his 32's with a 40 inch chest then all will be in proportion.
Liana
Old 02-25-2014, 01:10 AM   #232  

Tam- one thing I don't understand abt 1-1-1.....what abt when yu get to yur goal weight ? She says it's a life plan but won't we keep losing if we eat the same way after we r at goal? I know it's a long time before I'll need to worry abt it, but I'm curious. With other diets there is always a maintenance plan but this seems to be abt eating in 1-1-1 balance for life.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #233  
Bobbi

Good Morning...I have the day for myself...finally. I finished all the painting in the basement, we have leftover roast beef with carrots and spuds for supper and no YMCA today. I started a quilt for ME and hope to finish it. I'm guessing about 4 hours worth of sewing if I have no interruptions.
Levi, the little 3 month old Yorkie is so sweet. He sleeps on my pillow every night. I gave him his own pillow but he needs to be next to something breathing. When Bruce is on the couch, he has to be laying on him or touching him. If we're not available, he's trying to sleep next to Charlie (Our English Setter). Rosey...I think your pooch's do the same thing.

I'm burning sunlight...ta ta

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-25-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:22 AM   #234  
Bobbi

This was in my emails this morning.

Quote:
Skinny Chicken Scarpariello
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 piece chicken, 1 cup vegetables • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 7 pts
Calories: 283 • Fat: 12 g • Carb: 9 g • Fiber: 3 g • Protein: 32 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 465 mg • Cholesterol: 83 mg
Ingredients:
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 large chicken breast halves, bone in, skin removed
kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 link cooked sweet Italian chicken sausage, sliced thinly on a bias (I used Aidells)
1/2 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
I would blanch the cauliflower for about 5 minutes in boiling salted water before adding it to the pan since boneless chicken would take a little less time to cook. This was written by another reviewer, check out skinnytaste.com for other reviews.
1 medium onion, sliced thinly
4 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
4 jarred hot cherry peppers, sliced plus 1 tbsp liquid (optional for extra heat)
1/3 cup dry white wine (I used Louis Jadot Macon Villages)
1 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
1 sprig rosemary, needles removed and roughly chopped, plus additional for garnish
Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Cut chicken in half to make 4 pieces, leaving the bone on.
Heat oil in a large, oven safe sauté pan with straight sides over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown 2-3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside.
Lower heat to medium and add onion, chicken sausage, cauliflower florets, garlic and cherry peppers. Sauté, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes until vegetables and sausage start to brown.
Add the white wine, cherry peppers and additional optional liquid. Raise heat and allow to boil for about 2 minutes before adding chicken stock. Add chicken breasts back into pan, bone side down, sprinkle rosemary on top, bring to a boil and then place the pan in the oven, uncovered.
Cook for 20-25 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning golden girls. Another day another dollar. Making plans to go to cousins house this weekend 3.5 hours away. We love to go there. They are do much fun. Lots of laughs.
I'm still dieting but I'm not getting on the scale. It just depresses me. I'm going to go by the way my jeans fit.
I'm looking at things to do not too far from home for our 30 year anniversary march 24. We are going to take off for the weekend and go somewhere. Finally convinced dh to wear his wedding band again. He took it off years ago because it was dangerous with the work he was doing. Now he's is sales and consultant work so no danger. Butttt.... It's too small so we will have to get it sized.
I stuffed a beef rusts with garlic this morning and will cook that later. Our summer camp is on leased land so I mailed our new lease this morning. We are supposed to get lots of rain today. That's about all in my neck of the woods.

Bobbi what kind of quilt are you making?

Liana great pic of the both of you!!!

Mary we just got back from the smokey mountains in October and dh wants to go to Arkansas mountains next but it won't be this summer. I'm ripping the carpet out my living room this summer and will take time off for that. We will take some weekend mini vacations and spent a lot if time fishing at the summer camp.

Tn Donna good luck on your trip. I'm sure dh and son will do fine. You would be surprised how much they know how to do when you can't. Lol.

Karen3 how's the therapy going? The pain? Hope all is well.

Hi Tam, Gayle, Rosey and all my brain can't think of now.

Gotta skoot.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 02-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #236  

Hello everyone! Just got home from the gym and a stop for a few groceries.
Yesterday was day 3 on 1-1-1 and I did well. The calories are more like I had with Medifast but now I'm enjoying real food. I don't like diets that make me give up any foods or that make me eat their food! So far I'm liking this one and that's one reason. So far I'm only missing fruit but I can have it, it's just that I have to choose only one carb so often choose something else that seems more substantial like cereal, bread or rice. I'm hoping my bs will improve even more so I can have fruit between meals. I did get one snack yesterday but dh had some chocolate macadamian clusters so I chose one of them instead. Got pretty hungry last night but I pushed through it. Mostly though I'm not really hungry.

Here are my stats for yesterday:
Cals - 933
Fat - 31
Sodium - 1594
Fiber - 32

Cajun - I would like to explore your area of the country.

Cana - You are looking so nice! Congrats!
Old 02-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #237  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Went food shopping right after work. I bought purple cabbage, brussel sprouts zucchini, and food for the family too. I did not buy all the vegan cheese, meat substitutes and whole wheat breads because all those foods convert to SUGAR. So As long as I stick with whole foods, no grains and nothing made in a lab,(except for my morning spiru-tein) I think I got this eating/weight debacle under control.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #238  

OMGosh, just when I thought I'd heard of everything:
http://www.dietbites.com/article0008.html
Old 02-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #239  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

mega gross cotton balls?!
Old 02-26-2014, 01:12 AM   #240  

Hi everyone.. sunny day so beautiful out. longing for spring and sitting on the deck. I spent the day doing bills ugh I hate POOF day,poof its there and poof its gone also had all the tax stuff together so did that too. by the time I was done I had a raging headache. but glad that's done. this sat we are having a bday party for my grdd. she wanted her gram to make her her bday dinner. the only problem is our house is under renovations and most of the bck bedrooms is in the living room and there will be about 20 for dinner.. yikes my dd is going to help..my dh is making her a shadow box to put her grama gale baby quilt in with a few other memories. all my grkids got a baby quilt,then a few yrs later a big kid quilt and then I told them when they get married id make them one more. and if im lucky I can make great grkid quilts that's why I NEED a craft room. Maryea I have never heard such a diet..yikes. while paying bills I made a beef stew for dinner. long day and my head still aches.. all those numbers sleep well rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
egg salad sandwich
iced tea

snack
fruit smoothie

dinner
1 c beef stew
Closed Thread