Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hi
Old 02-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #243  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

When my weight was at it's highest I also had to remove my wedding and engagement rings. And then once I was out and about in my daily activities I felt embarrassed to be seen w/o my jewelry on. Thankfully, my fingers have gone back to being unswollen and I can wear my rings w/o discomfort. NSV!
Old 02-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #244  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

I haven't been on much. My laptop is doing funky things. I worry that it is gonna crash and that I will lose all my pictures and documents. So, I haven't been using it. Have had to use either the desk top ~ which is hard for me to see ~ have to tip my head back to see and end up with pain in my neck, or use this other laptop DH bought ~ it has Windows 8 on it which doesn't work like what we are used to, so he hasn't done much with it ~ says it is frustrating to use.

He said I could use it, but felt that it would be too frustrating for me ~ but desperation for my internet fix (3FC and Facebook, email etc.) has forced me to use it ~ figure out things on it. Also, the touch on the mouse pad was different ~ seemed to be harder to click with those buttons and was hurting my wrists/hands, so I had to hook up a wireless mouse. Wish my laptop would just go back to working.

There seems to be no word processor on it (which I had been using when I made a longer post). I googled and found how to find the notepad thing.

This whole thing started because something happened to Firefox ~ which I had been using for 3FC after that mess a while back when you couldn't get on 3FC via Internet Explorer. Some of you all suggested Firefox, so I had been using that.

So, after what ever happened to Firefox, I had been getting on 3FC with IE or Google Chrome. But, when I made the personals and wanted to change the colors of the names so it was easier for you all to read, it would not do it like it had in Firefox. So, when DH (my Mr. Gadget/tech guru) had time, I asked him for help to fix the Firefox. That didn't go well and I think messed up other stuff ~ no fault of DH. What ever happened, I was no longer able to get on Facebook with any browser. Weird. Then other funky stuff started happening. Stupid me ~ I should have left well enough alone, but no ~ I had to have my colors. What can I say ~ that is what was fun to me.

Hope you all are having a nice day.

Last edited by glynne; 02-26-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #245  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Good to hear from you Karen even just a hi. I am still praying for you and really hoping this most difficult time won't last too long.

Day 4 on 1-1-1 went well. I did get a little hungry last night but again was able to push through it. I think not eating in the evenings may be helping me sleep better and my bs were really good yesterday except for the early morning one. This morning it was still high but better than it has been. My calories were kinda high because of a very fat dinner dh made last night. He promised not to do that again! Of course fat fills you up so it did help me get through the evening without any snack.

Yesterday's stats:
Cals - 1605
Carbs - 152
Fiber - 30
Sodium - 717 (can't believe this!)

Lucinda - We stopped at New Season's Market and I found a spiru-tein shake...is that what you drink? I got two small packets of it to try it...one vanilla and one chocolate. My rings get very lose when I lose weight too. About ten years ago I lost 33 over 2 1/2 months and I lost my wedding ring. Looked everywhere, asked everyone, and thought it was gone for good! Then I found it in the crisper drawer of my fridge!

Gynne - If you are having computer problems and worried about it crashing, you should really back up everything you don't want to lose or send it all to your email as you mentioned the other day. Don't wait too long as you might lose it. I use a service for this, but you can back up to a dvd or flash drive too.

Last edited by maryea; 02-26-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:52 PM   #246  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Default Good Question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Tam- one thing I don't understand abt 1-1-1.....what abt when yu get to yur goal weight ? She says it's a life plan but won't we keep losing if we eat the same way after we r at goal? I know it's a long time before I'll need to worry abt it, but I'm curious. With other diets there is always a maintenance plan but this seems to be abt eating in 1-1-1 balance for life.
You know that is a good question. I am following her on Facebook and will ask when I get a chance.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:57 PM   #247  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Default We are back!!

We are back from Dallas-exhausted but have some nice Christmas items ordered plus everyday as well. It is hard to diet at Market, but you do your best, the Rep takes you eat at nice places you try and snack so as to be able to eat without doing too much damage.

Got back to find out that my ex-business partner died of brain cancer, one of my customer's brother suffered some kind of event and is brain dead-will have to probably make a very difficult decision in a few days, another customer lost her husband. Life can be so hard for some people-all we can do is lift them up in prayer.

But it does feel good to get back to some sort of normalcy!

Will write more later. Have a blessed evening!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:36 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 207/204/157

Height: 5'6"

Default Joining

Is there a special way to join a thread....I am interested in joining a group of women 50+ in an attempt to lose weight. Do I just comment on a thread? Sorry new to this
Old 02-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #249  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Yes 3beachgirls! You just start by joining in!
Glynne, IKWYM about windows 8. I am not a fan of it either, so I still use the computer in the kitchen, which is the family lap top for almost everything. I did pirchase the Word software for the new computer, the one with windows 8 and I also bought a wireless mouse b/c I do not like touching the screen, it gets so filthy!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:32 PM   #250  

Another interesting diet site:
http://www.mydietmealplanner.com/

Tam - Thanks for responding and I hope she answers you. Maybe as we lose our appetites decline? Mine never did in the past though after a diet. I'm enjoying this eating plan and actually think it is something I can could do for the rest of my life. I miss my evening snack but do think I feel better without it. Sorry you came back to such sadness!

3beachgirls - You've done it! Glad to have you with us. Now, who are the 3 beachgirls? You and your dds or you and sisters or friends, I'm curious. What diet are you on? Look forward to getting to know you.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Hey....I survived...at Rehab now and they are kicking my butt. Donna was so tickled when he came to tell me you called
Hi Karen,

Enjoy that PT.

Wishing you a SPEEDY recovery!

Lynn
Old 02-26-2014, 10:42 PM   #252  

Hi Everyone,

Flew back home yesterday. Woke up to snow this morning. Glad to be back with my kitties, miss my DD already.

I have my JC weigh in on Friday. I know I gained while I was in FL. Hopefully, I can lose it by Friday.

Take care,

Lynn
Old 02-27-2014, 08:58 AM   #253  
Bobbi

Good Morning from the deep freezer...Charlie couldn't pee fast enough outside this morning.

TNDonna...I think a little time away from home will refresh you and DH can cope with Jonathan. If he didn't appreciate you before, he will after caring for your little guy all on his own.

Mary...very interesting web you posted about the cotton balls, never heard of such a dumb idea. Can someone's body even digest cotton? As to the other site you posted, I put my data in and I need to eat 1,542 calories per day to lost the 6 pounds I keep losings and putting back on. I would gain weight very fast if I ate that many calories. Lynn, K3 and I all lose on 1,000 or less.

LUcinda...I've purchased some of the fake cheese and meat, I don't think it's worth buying. Especially the cheese, yuk!
I worked at a high end fine china/crystal/jewelry/collectables store and have cut off many rings on peoples fingers. One lady's fingers were so swollen I felt sorry for her. She was about to pass out but managed to get it cut off before she did. I think she was more afraid of the ring grinder that getting it off.

Rosey...you are my kindred spirit, I want to sit out on the deck when the sun comes up too. I can just feel the warmth seeping into my face.
We have poof days here too when paying bills. Thankfully my social security check comes 2 weeks after Bruce's does so we don't have to pay everything once a month.

glynne...yes, do back up your pictures. You can buy one of those little, bitty flash drives that plug right into your pc.

TamTam...I was a buyer for the department store I worked at. I managed the gifts/collectors department and had so much fun going to the buying shows. I know what you mean about vendors buying you lunch as an incentive to purchase their products. One time I saw a bunch of American Indian statues and assorted Indian items. The owner (my boss) didn't think it would sell but trusted me. That was a bit stressful for me until the pieces started selling, it wasn't long before I had to re-order some of the items.

Lynn...glad to see you back safe and sound. Hope your weigh in is your favor.

I've gabbed enough, time to get cracking.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:11 AM   #254  
Bobbi

Cajun...you asked about my quilt, it's just for my single bed. I sleep upstairs in our cottage, it's cooler upstairs then down. (DH didn't want to sleep up there, he has his own bedroom on the main floor) I like it cool at night but sometimes I need an extra blanket. I have a mint green bed spread with red poppy flowers on it. The quilt I made is mint green with red flannel plaid to match my colors. I just have to finish hemming it today and it'll be done. This pattern is so easy, you actually sew the backing on the same time you do the front, then sew all the squares together.

Hi K3...hope you're healing up fast and your sense of humor returns to us. We miss you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1887.jpg (43.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1888.jpg (43.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1889.jpg (26.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-27-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #255  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
As to the other site you posted, I put my data in and I need to eat 1,542 calories per day to lost the 6 pounds I keep losings and putting back on. I would gain weight very fast if I ate that many calories. Lynn, K3 and I all lose on 1,000 or less.
Hi Bobbi,

I ABSOLUTELY gain at anything over 1,200. I can actually lose at 1,100, but I know that everyone tends to underestimate calories (especially me). Therefore, when I want to lose, I keep it at <1,000 (this is with 40 - 90 min of exercise/day).

I am pretty sure that the reason my metabolism is so low is a combination of medications (especially BP ones) and my yo-yo dieting over the years.

Lynn
Closed Thread