3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/288569-25-30-pound-goal-lets-do-together-thread2.html)

Renee3 12-02-2013 05:31 PM

Corinna, your plan sounds good...I need to stop the mindless snacking...it's hard to purge the house of snacks when you have a husband and son that are always asking for them.

Corinna T 12-03-2013 07:36 AM

Lizzie, I don't think you should feel guilty for eating food. Food is something good and nourishing for your body. But too much of a good thing can be bad. Is a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with blueberries too many carbs for you? If so, perhaps 1/3 cup may meet your requirements and satisfy your cravings instead.

Deelou, you are welcome here. We enjoy sharing with you. Unfortunately, my diet situation is a bit different than yours. I am more of an emotional eater and tend to overeat. Still need to lose weight like you, so we do have that in common.

Oh Renee, that would be hard. Too many temptations. Do they try to support you on your diet efforts? Or is it just that you know the food is there and you feel it is calling your name. If I know the food is there, like a luscious piece of cake, I will have to eat it. It lingers on my mind until it is gone.

Renee3 12-03-2013 01:52 PM

Corinna, they totally support me, but I love to cook and bake for them and always have temptations around...I just need to have more will power

Corinna T 12-04-2013 05:30 AM

Renee, you sound look a great mother and wife.

:dust: for everyone. I think we are all a bit low on it right now. :)

Renee3 12-04-2013 06:13 AM

Love the will power dust ...thanks Corinna! :hug:

Corinna T 12-05-2013 05:59 AM

Will Power Dust.....It's fun to share with friends. :)

Today I did okay diet wise. I didn't walk in the morning because I had to go to work early. But the yard work in the evening more than made up for it. I gave my dog exercise by throwing the ball, and I was busy pulling/trimming the weeds around the yards edge. Would have got the mowing done too if I hadn't been low on gas in the lawn mower. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

I thought about getting an ice cream bar today, but once I looked down at my tummy, I realized that I already had a few to many from previous days. So no ice cream. Sometimes I use food as a comfort when things are not going my way, or just for a reward. It helps me feel better, but I need to realize it doesn't make me look better in the long run.

I am trying to get in the Christmas spirit. It is hard when there is only hot weather. I put up our Christmas trees (one on the inside, one on the outside) on Sunday. Been watching a few Christmas shows too in the evenings. My favorite is the "The Little Drummer Boy"

Hope the sun smiles warmly on your hearts today, and brings you a breath of fresh air to push all you worries away. Think thin to win!

Renee3 12-05-2013 11:05 AM

We're supposed to have some snow on Sunday...all the outside decorations are up:tree: I have a huge nutcracker collection and Christmas village that still need to get displayed. I love Christmas, especially the Church services on Christmas eve. My husband is Italian, so we have the 7 fishes for Christmas eve dinner.

Corinna T 12-06-2013 06:48 AM

Your nutcrackers and Christmas village decorations sound wonderful. I am not familiar with the 7 fishes. Do you prepare 7 different types of fish for a meal?

I hope you have a light snowfall to bring in the Christmas spirit, and one that is not too much work for shoveling or impacting the care of your animals.
:snowglo:

I need to come up with a good dessert for our Christmas party at work next week. Do you have any favorites?

Renee3 12-06-2013 09:01 AM

The fish are : tuna and anchovies on an antipasto, clams in chowder, baccala soup, shrimp cocktail, fried smelts, and calamari in red sauce for the pasta. This is a traditional menu for us...been doing it for over 30 years!

For your party how about a buche de noel or trifle? Neither are hard to make and they look very festive

Now I've made myself hungry!

Corinna T 12-07-2013 06:42 AM

Renee, thanks for the suggestions. I haven't made a buche de Noel yet. I may consider making one. After your suggestions, I found a recipe on the internet for one with meringue mushrooms too. Very interesting.

What a nice tradition! Traditions are what make the holidays special.

I did okay this week. I went down 2 lbs, and that wasn't because I was trying. It really just happened. Wish it would happen more often like that. LOL :elf: :wreath:

Renee3 12-07-2013 07:00 AM

You did good Corinna :carrot: I still stayed the same :( I have 2 Christmas parties this week, so I'm not looking for anything new at the next weigh-in, but come 2014 I am really going to put more effort into my diet.....

Have a wonderful week! We are expecting a bit of snow, which will be welcome...everything here is a dull brown until Spring.

Corinna T 12-08-2013 06:50 AM

Wishing you some cheerful enchanting snow to bring in the Christmas Holiday period. Have a good week.

darius 12-08-2013 09:46 PM

I just found this thread. I am 53 and I need to lose more than 30, and I have already lost 22, so I may I join now and I will start at last Friday's weigh-in and track my progress for 30 lbs on this thread.

Friday weigh-in
12/06.....-0 lb (start)
12/13.....
12/20.....

Corinna T 12-09-2013 06:25 AM

Hi Darius!! Welcome to the group! We are glad to have you here too. Congratulations on your 10kg loss. Wow, that is great. What a boost of inspiration you will be for this group. I hope we can inspire you too to reach your goal. We look forward to seeing your progress as you lose the 30 kg.

What helped you lose the 10kg? Was it a long process or do you have some type of daily routine that is slowly melting away that extra weight?

Renee3 12-09-2013 06:52 AM

Glad to meet you Darius :wave: Please tell us how you are managing your diet....