3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/288569-25-30-pound-goal-lets-do-together-thread2.html)

Crimzon 11-05-2013 11:48 AM

Welcome back Corinna. Morning Jillie. Yeah - I kinda feel bad that I joined you guys and, evidently, just have not been up to the challenge. I really need to lose. I'm down to one pair of jeans. Jillie seems to be our best loser - sticking to 1200 a day. I'm a carb watcher but maybe have to tweak it. I keep thinking I'll try IF twice a week but I've failed to do it. I'm off of any type of routine exercise since moving but the bedroom is cleared of boxes and I can start with some regular yoga. I've seriously injured one foot during this move and not up to much else. See you guys later......

Deelou 11-05-2013 01:48 PM

I probably should not even be here as my thyroid has blown my metabolism...getting better but still no loss. I am hoping for a rise in energy so I can exercise, now doing what I have to to care for my family is all I can do. My doc said, yes thyroid is most likely why I am not losing, and that one of his patients went to between 800-900 and was able to lose! I aim for 1100, but do not lose...the few days I dropped it I felt terrible, not enough food!

Renee3 11-05-2013 05:32 PM

Welcome back Corinna :wave: Glad you had a good vacation! I am really in a rut....can't seem to get motivated and I love to bake this time of the year.....

Corinna T 11-06-2013 06:36 AM

Renee-I think you may have just brought an idea to my mind. Why don't we all look for low calorie good recipes to share with each other that we like to make for special occasions. Some type of low calorie cookie or meal that is great for the holidays. I will have to look for something this weekend to share with everyone.

Deelou-If you eat too little, then your body will not have enough energy to function. You may hurt yourself more by doing that. That is why your body doesn't feel good. Also, you do belong here too. We look forward to sharing with you, and want you here too. Don't give up yet lady! Have you tried drinking some type of vitamin drink to get you going. That may help you some.

Crimzon-hang in there. Sorry to hear about your foot. What is IF? I forgot what it is.

Deelou 11-06-2013 08:45 AM

Corrina, what type of vitamin drink? I take multi, fish oil, vit D everyday would this be in addition? Looking for anything.

It like pumpkin pudding
A box of sugar free vanilla or butterscotch, I like vanilla
1/2-2/3 C pumpkin
Pumpkin spices as you like!
Mix and eat! Good!

I also like to heat v-8 in a mug, tastes like tomato soup

Crimzon 11-06-2013 01:06 PM

Corrina - IF = intermittent fasting. I watched Dr. Mosley's video on youtube and picked up his book at the library - The Fast Diet. It's not really a full fast. His variation is dropping your calories to very low levels - about 500 for women and 600 for men - twice a week.

Yes, let's post some recipes.

Deelou - maybe some B-complex? I don't know. But definitely stay with us. We'd miss ya. You can see by my earlier post I'm not exactly happy with myself - thyroid is a problem as is menopause. I get encouraged on this board when I read the success stories of women who are about my age.

I sometimes make a pumpkin spice smoothie. Yogurt, canned pumpkin, stevia and pumpkin pie spice. Yum.

Deelou 11-06-2013 03:30 PM

I take B complex every other day...I did IF for three weeks....0 lost, I have messed up my metabolism and have tried everything except vegan as I have to MAKE myself eat veggies because they are good for me not because I like them...but hanging in here trying to eat healthy 90% of the time....

Corinna T 11-07-2013 06:28 AM

Here is one of my favorite recipes called Pumpkin/Black Bean Soup. I tend to add different vegetable ingredients to it sometimes. I told my husband, who doesn't like pumpkin, that it had a secret ingredient. He loved the soup. Eventually I told him what it was (pumpkin) and he was surprised. Hope you will like it too. This one is a healthy meal. :)

Ingredients include
1 TBSP Olive Oil
5 Green Onions (thinly slice white and green parts, save some for topping)
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 1/2 Tsp ground Cumin
1/2 Tsp dried Thyme
2 cans (15oz each) Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
1 can (14.5 oz) no salt diced tomatoes
1 can (14 oz) vegetable broth
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cayene pepper

Directions:
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
Add onions, red pepper, garlic and cook until soft, approx 4-5 minutes.
Stir in Cumin and Thyme, cook for 1 minute.
Add beans, pumpkin, tomatoes, broth, water, and bring to boil.
Reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes.
Stir in salt, cayenne pepper to taste.
Top each serving with dark green onion tops.
Makes 8 (1 cup) servings.

Corinna T 11-07-2013 06:39 AM

There are several different types of vitamin drinks at the stores. I understand that you can take them to lose weight, gain weight, or maintain weight. Some are Ensure, Slim Fast, or other diet loss mixes. I like naturoPATHICA Fat Blaster Weight Loss Shake. I don't know if that is carried in the USA. It has all the vitamins and minerals that I need for a meal. However, I am sure you can find something similar in a vitamin/health food shop. I am going to be trying a new one soon called Zija. It also is suppose to provide me with more energy.

Renee3 11-07-2013 08:19 AM

Corinna, that soup recipe sounds yummy...going to make it this week! We're getting cold weather here and it will sure taste good on a cold night....thanks!

Corinna T 11-08-2013 06:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
How are you all doing this week. Here is something I found about portion control for dieting:

Corinna T 11-09-2013 05:58 AM

Quiet here this weekend.

Renee3 11-09-2013 06:38 AM

Well, the scale stayed the same for me again....really need someone to give me a pep-talk....help!

Renee3 11-09-2013 06:43 AM

Corinna, I just read the article you posted. Makes a lot of sense to me. I do tend to eat too fast. I think if I would drink a glass of water before my meal and eat slower that I might be on the right track...I'll give it a try this week

Crimzon 11-09-2013 10:33 AM

I'm happy to report the scale finally moved. I'm done two pounds which makes me very happy. I have to keep it moving in that direction, and hopefully it is a true loss and not just a minor fluctuation. I'm going to change my stats!!

Renee - I know you can do this! I really want to be a "success story" on this board. There are so many - it gives me encouragement.

Corinna - Good post. I can totally relate to spending way too much time thinking about my weight. Especially reading about diet books of all kinds in search for the magic bullet. Too much time on Amazon for sure.

How's everyone doing today?