25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread2

You're on Page 31 of 34
Go to
  • You did good , Corinna! I'm down .5 lbs. Not much, but in the right direction. Have a great week everyone.....Spring is here....lots to do on the farm!
  • Yeah Renee!!! Every little bit counts. Being busy on the farm will help you burn off some of that extra weight. It will keep you out of the snack area more often.. You did good. Go Renee!
  • Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
    3/16 = 216.5 Still moving in the right direction = -6.5
    3/22 = 216.4 Total of -6.6 now!
    3/29 = 216.2 Woohoo! = -6.8
    4/5 = 215.9 I hit 7#! = -7.1
    4/13 = 215.6 = -7.4
  • Wow AAD! That's terrific!! Keep it going. You are doing wonderful.
  • Today's weigh-in....no weight loss this week. I was hoping for at least 1/2 pound.

Well I have done really good since the start of the year. No cake, ice cream, chocolate, or sweets. The plan was to see if I could last until Easter. This is the last day. I do plan on having one small chocolate bunny tomorrow to celebrate. Now that I know I can go without, I will not need to have them so often. Only a little bit on special occasions.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Happy Easter!!

• I stayed the same too The weather has turned beautiful and the garden is soon to be planted. Have a great Easter everyone!

• Stepping in
    I need tools to reach my weight loss goals...one tool being--connecting with others on the same path. Doing it on my own seems to get me so far then I fall back to where I started or further.

I can't coast, it just leads to unhealthy food choices with addictive behaviors. I always need a food plan so I am mindful and avoid the pit falls & temptations.

So here I am, stepping in. Not giving up though I seem to be spinning my wheels getting no where for the past 2 months. This time I'll reach out, not just reaching in.
  • Welcome Julystar!

I think you had made a wise choice. I find sharing with others make me more accountable and think twice before eating bad foods. I feel I need to make the right choices for myself and to not let others down as well. We are all here to support each other to reach our diet and lifestyle goal. There are many different threads on 3fatchicks, so be happy to look and find one that fits your needs.

However, I'm glad you have started out on our thread though. We would love to have you stay and continue to share with us, so we can help you get out of this rut you have been in for the last two months. Each Saturday we have a weigh-in, and during the week we share with others in the group any problems or successes we may be having. Sometimes the post are frequent and sometimes they are light. However, we are all very caring and supportive.

How can we help you get started? Are you trying to lose 23-30 pounds? Is that your final goal or is that a portion of the weight you desire to lose?
  • day 1
    Thanks, Corinna, for the welcome. It was encouraging to know someone is out there who cares. I do have 20 lbs to lose. I put this 20 lbs on about 4 years ago over a year's time. Since then I have repeatedly lost 8-10 lbs then gone right back up to 20 lbs overweight again. The first 8 pounds are the easiest to take off then the harder discipline begins as I start to give myself permission to have foods I like (mainly sweets) then it triggers my food addictive behavior of more sweets and the inability to stop after decent serving size.

I know how how much better I do without sugar, as the cravings stop and I feel like I can sanely be in control of healthy food choices instead of unhealthy food controlling me. How better I feel in every area of my life when I'm eating well!
    I miss the peace of mind & my body's energy when I've been at 118. It is a weight where I'm definitely not too thin (I have a small bone frame)--but where my body rests in a healthy state and I feel great.

I'm hoping here to find encouragement when I feel like eating-in-the-moment instead of eating for a life of physical & mental health.

Today is Easter...and I'm doing fine. Not much family or friends this holiday so I haven't had to spend time in the kitchen or feel pressure to join in a big eating extravaganza. I miss the family closeness today, but am grateful for the simplicity which is probably what I need most today. My kids & grandkids stay close by phone today and I can feel their love even from a distance .

Let the journey begin--I'm in!
  • Welcome Julystar...this is a great place to get motivated...glad you found us!
  • Yeah Julystar!! You are in. We are glad to have you join us.

Moderation is the key and it more than applies when it comes to sweets. My weakness is sweets too. Along with emotional eating. I have recognized my my problem areas and I am working on overpowering them. You have recognized your weaknesses too. That is a great start. Now you need to be strong on daily basis to overcome them and and stick to your new lifestyle. I hope we can support each other over the upcoming months to reach the new people that we have inside of us waiting to blossom into something beautiful, healthy, and happy.

• Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
    3/22 = 216.4 Total of -6.6 now!
    3/29 = 216.2 Woohoo! = -6.8
    4/5 = 215.9 I hit 7#! = -7.1
    4/13 = 215.6 = -7.4
    4/21 = 215.4, -.2 this week = -7.6
  • made it through the firsts
    My first day (yesterday) of being purposeful not to overeat went fairly well until my husband started his evening snacking....it is so easy to join in. But though initially I was trying not to have anything--the truth was I was truly hungry as we had a very early dinner. So I decided to give myself grace and not force my "no-food-after-dinner" attempt, and I had an orange & some pistachios, instead. It helped me forget about food for the rest of the evening as I was no longer trying to ignore being truly hungry. If I had not reached for something healthy I think I would have given in to a sugar binge.

Today I was tempted so much after I got home from work at 3:30pm. The kind of temptation of 'go ahead and eat the sweets you want, you can start being serious about your weight another day....". But then, it came to my mind that I wanted to check in on this blog this evening and I asked myself, "Do you want to write you succeeded today? Or, do you want to write you blew it? Or, do you want to not write at all and pretend you didn't even decide to do better?"
    Hmmm...thankfully I choose to have a successful day to report.

I'm sure I'm going through the sugar withdrawals today which is why the cravings were so strong last evening and this afternoon. I know from experience it just takes a few days of no sugar and the craving significantly subside. I just have to trust it won't always feel this hard, as I know it does get better.
    So for today I took each temptation one at a time and sanely dealt with the insane justifications bombarding my mind to go the opposite direction I'm setting out towards. I thank God for helping me when I let Him.

Thanks to you too, my goal partners!
  • Good job , AAD....you're still headed in the right direction

Julystar, I am exactly like you in my craving sugar and mindless snacking. You just have to take a minute and think about it, before you reach for that unhealthy snack. You did good having a healthier snack...you didn't feel deprived. It's all about making better choices...you can do it!!!!!!!
  • Yeah Julystar!!!! You did great. You came up with some alternate choices to cure your hunger pains. Good for you. Then you were able to battle the sugar temptations when they hit. It won't be the last, but you know that with each small win, the stronger, thinner, and healthier you will be. Thank you Julystar for sharing your struggles and success with us.

Now to tell you how I have been. I allowed myself a few small treats for Easter. Surprisingly, they were not as good as I remembered them to be. A lot of foods lately seem bland to me. Perhaps God is answering my prayers and helping me to overcome this weakness. I am seeking to overcome my sugar temptations by being outdoors in God's beautiful world and gaining pleasure from seeing all his creations that he has given for us to enjoy. Pleasure from beauty rather than from eating. It is a way to focus on something positive rather than hurting myself with poor unnecessary food choices. Pleasure from walking threw a flower garden and having some butterflies glide around me as I pass through their magical world. Hearing birds chirp good morning to the world. I am trying to keep busy doing something different. Yes, I eat when I am hungry. However, I have cut out all the extra unhealthy snacking. That was my weakness. If the snacks were in the house, then they were constantly on my mind. No snacks in the house, and I am doing much better. I can only take it one day at a time, and one temptation at a time. However, small steps add up too. I may take a little longer to reach my goal, but I am moving in the right direction, and I know I will get there. It helps that I have friends to share the journey with me too who understand.