Old 05-21-2014, 07:02 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

cals-1250 (80)-at least so far anyway. That does not seem like very many calories. However, I way, way, waaaaaaay overdid it this weekend in St Louis. I blame Budweiser! Anywhoo-I am trying to be good since my return. I just keep thinking of all my summer clothes I cannot wear. I need to get down to the 142 range for that to happen.

Marie-You are walkin' the walk-both figurative and literal! No doubt there will be a scale victory in your near future.

Gayle-I like your exercise plan. Good for you for thinkin' of new ways to tackle the problem.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:45 PM   #302  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening,

Well, my plan is sort of working. I did it for 3 days in some combination of what I described. Today though, even though I did not walk, water walk or bike ride, I feel like I still did ok. I was cleaning and worked up quite a sweat ~ phew ~ I'm tired tonight. So, even though I didn't follow through with my plan today, I don't feel like I failed.

Eating has been pretty good. Yesterday, I got back to the lowest I had seen recently. Today I was up .2 pounds ~ so not too bad.

I had this clutter pile that was driving me nuts and I was bound and determined to get it taken care of. I didn't get it all done like it needs to be done, but I did a lot and moved the rest of the stuff to other places so it looks better. The other stuff, I can work on a little at a time. Now, I've got some stuff in the kitchen that is bugging me and that is my next project.

I feel like I had sort of a small NSV today. My head was feeling kind of fuzzy and I was kind of achy and not feeling much like working on that pile like I had planned to do. I did however want to eat (of course). I did get off track a little, but before I did too much damage, I went and started on the pile ~ started with a little thing and I guess the stiff achy feelings were forgotten and I just wanted to keep going with my project.

Getting sleepy ~ night night soon. Hope you rest well.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #303  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Gayle, at no point did you fail so I agree with you that you certainly didn't fail. Sometimes I think we are our own worst enemy. I think we should always try to be and even though sometimes we are it just makes us human. We wouldn't be on the thread if we didn't all feel like eating when we're not feeling fab.

Tera, yeah, blame it on the Bud. Good luck with the summer clothes. I know that story - I've lived it over and over all my life.

I'm doing well with the diet and exercise. I was feeling nauseous before lunch and my usual response is to eat the nausea away. Today I went for Tums until my stomach settled, therefore keeping my lunch on track.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:00 PM   #304  

cals-1650 (120), ex-body sculpt class at the Y. First time back to the Y in two weeks! I had another crazy eating weekend. Well, it was fun. Hopefully I can get back on track this week.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #305  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, still on track with the diet. Exercise isn't where I'd like it but some medical issues are making my goals difficult. Tera, I'm glad you got back to the Y. Be on track this week with the food and you'll be golden.
Marie
Old 06-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #306  
Want to feel better

Good evening all,

I'm still here, still hanging in there. My exercise plan ~ well, what can I say ~ I struggle with follow through and self discipline. I have gotten some pool time in though, so all is not lost.

We had Maddie all weekend while Mama did stuff with her older brother Corbin. When she is here, that kind of helps keep me from random snacking.

Even though I haven't been keeping up with the exercise like I had hoped, the weight is still creeping down. 204.2 this am. That is the lowest I have seen it in a while. I didn't make my goal to be under 200 for my dr's appointment, but my weight did show a loss from my last visit. I go back in August, so I should be able to get under 200 by then. Hopefully enough so that even with what the doctor's scale adds to my home weight, it will show it to be under 200.

I did get good news with my labs ~ my A1C is 6.3 now. It has dropped so that I am back in the pre-diabetic range instead of the full blown diabetes range.

I changed my goal weight. I had it set at 130, but that seemed like I would never get there. When I was up home, I saw my mom who was weighing about 150. She looked pretty good, so I set my goal at that. When I get there, I can go lower if I choose.

3 more days of school, then we will have Maddie all day every week day. Hoping for more sweet than sassy days. Mama told her if she behaved while she was with us on the weekend, that she would take her to Chuck E Cheese. She did pretty good ~ a few little wrinkles during that time, but way better than some of the times we have had. Today, she started being kind of sassy and impolite ~ we said that she needed to talk nicely ~ like she had on the weekend. That little stinker ~ she said basically that she had behaved and earned her trip to Chuck E Cheese and now it was over ~ she didn't have to behave anymore. Oh my. Wish us luck. I worry that when I share about her that you all will think she kind of bratty. She isn't a bad kid ~ she is a strong willed one who I think has been affected by her parents divorce and has unfortunately too much negative influence from dear old dad.

Hope things are going well for you all.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 06-03-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #307  
Lifelong Journey Member

Gayle, you do know you can say no of watching Maddie if it is too much on you. I couldn't handle 5 days a week, every week babysitting. And for one that sasses back - that would push me over the edge. Do remember you're not a doormat and you're doing your daughter (and granddaughter) a favor. On the good note, congrats on getting your A1C down. That is great.

I'm still 100% on track with eating. I'm ranging between 1200-1350 cals. If I don't lose, I will be royally mad. But my capris are feeling a bit more comfy so that's a good sign. I go for my monthly dr. appt next Wednesday. Since I'm not weighing, I will just ask if progress is good and let you know. Exercise is still a little hampered by the medical issue. I am walking daily with the pups. Since I wore my heart rate monitor a couple times, I know it is good because I'm in or slightly above what the dr. wanted. I lived in the mountains and some of the hills on the dogs and my route are breathtaking - literally they take my breath. BTW, it is beyond beautiful too...

Hi Tera and Darcy!
Marie
Old 06-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #308  
Want to feel better

Marie ~ We don't feel like door mats. We offered to do it for Sara to help her save money instead of having to pay for day care. DH and I sort of both are involved ~ when one of us needs a break the other one is there. DH has more patience with her than I do and has been at it so long with her, he knows how to handle her pretty well. He often times goes and takes her ~ like to the parks and library and stuff like that, and I opt to stay home ~ that gives me a break from it. And often times, we have her with us, because the other option is her father or her father's parents, and Maddie comes back from time with them even more sassy and impolite. So we figure that we will deal with it and it is maybe better for her than spending time with people who aren't the best influence on her. When it gets rugged ~ I try to remember a couple things I have read (saw on Facebook) which I thought were good thoughts.

Also, I was working up until last August, so this is really my first time to be around her for so many hours and days. I asked DH what percentage of the time he felt like she was disagreeable compared to the pleasant times ~ he said 10% rugged times and 90% pleasant times. I guess it just feels like more when you are going through it. And sometimes it almost seems like she is testing ~ will we still love her even when she is not so pleasant to be around. I don't ever want her to feel like I don't love her. I do talk to her when she isn't behaving nicely and let her know that it is not acceptable. It will be ok
Attached Images
File Type: jpg childrens moods.jpg (20.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg kids who need the most love.jpg (19.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg maddie and zeebee at breakfast.jpg (31.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by glynne; 06-04-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #309  

cals-1880, ex-step class at the Y. I am doing better lately with both calories and exercise. So hopefully my weight will show real true (lasting) improvement soon. I bought some bigger summer clothes this weekend though for the meanwhile.

Marie-I am looking forward to hearing about how things go with the weight doctor. Less tight pants is definitely a good sign. Your doctor is kind of like a weight loss coach. Nice!

Gayle-I hear you on the kid thing. In my experience, some are easy and some are not. We love them all but those non compliant ones can wear you out! Her pic is adorable. Super Congrats on reaching the fabulous A1C results. Way to go!

PS-My daughter found a new teaching assignment for next year. Hallelujah! I sure feel sorry for the kids in the old school though. It is very, very sad for them.

Last edited by TERAPET; 06-04-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:53 PM   #310  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera its great that you're back at the Y and on track. That is good news. I know when my clothes are tight and uncomfortable, it makes me feel worse about myself and depressed, so I eat more. It's a nasty cycle.

Gayle, I love the sayings you posted your Maddie looks adorable. Good for you looking at the 90/10 attitude. That's pretty darn great balanced on the good side.

Another pretty good day. I'm going to log my cals after I leave 3FC but I know I did well. Another doggie hike this morning. And I think I have a combo of stomach soothers to counter a nasty side effect of the med I started last week. I was so nauseous I decided it was worse than the ailment. But yesterday I bought ginger tablets and Gaviscon. Perfect cocktail to settle my stomach.
Marie
Old 06-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #311  
Want to feel better

Good evening,

It was a nice day today. We were invited to an end of school party at Maddie's school. The teacher handed out an award to each kid for something they had done well during the year. Then she had put together a slide show of things the class had done during the year.

Maddie behaved pretty nicely today. I asked my husband for help though ~ because even though she was behaving, it is a long day, and I reach a point where I start to get itchy and feeling stressed ~ I just want to relax and maybe check out 3FC or Facebook ~ and you just can't relax when Maddie is here. It makes me feel like I want to stuff my face (my long time remedy for combating stress) and I don't want to start doing that.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Take care
Old 06-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #312  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, everything is going well here. I'd been so low on my calories yesterday that when DH and I talked about dinner I told him I wanted my favorite pasta. It's not low in calories. I still stayed below 1300 cals and got an amazing dinner. I walked the pups and then I did a bit of yard work. Today is more chores but indoor ones.

Gayle, if you can ask DH to step in when you need a break instead of eating that is a NSV. Good for you.
Marie
Old 06-10-2014, 07:14 AM   #313  

Back off track lately. Whenever I am not posting I am probably overeating I have been getting worked up about some work stuff lately so I am going to attempt to get the emoting under control-mostly by letting all the work stuff go by the wayside. Which is not really a problem since I am so low on the totem pole-just kind of hard to watch the screw ups and deal with the mess. Well, I guess that is what they pay me for. Anyhow, it sure would make me very happy if I could lose about three pounds. Besides working on the not getting stressed about my job, I am going to work on lower calorie total and more nutritious food choices (no more daily doses of ice cream!)
Old 06-10-2014, 07:54 PM   #314  

cals-2050 (560), ex-body sculpt at the Y. I avoided the ice cream today. I would really need to stay under 2000 calories if I am ever going to get anywhere with this.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:58 AM   #315  

cals-2720 (1050), ex-step class at the Y. Waaah! Where o where has my self control gone? You might be wondering how I eat so much...it is not that hard when I go out dinner. Sigh. Well, today I WILL be better. It is a constant battle sometimes.

Last edited by TERAPET; 06-12-2014 at 07:58 AM.