2013 Challenge - The Rest of the Story

You're on Page 7 of 28
Go to
  • Hi Tera, I'm so sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter how old or how sick, when we lose a loved one, it is hard. And sad. Through it all you exercised and that is wonderful.

at the food scientists knowledge. I hate that the very end of an addicting food, the taste buds are tricked into thinking "just one more". Caramels are that way, so are animal crackers, and milk chocolate. That's why I love dark chocolate, I don't have that pull to eat more when done.

I will end the day at 1500 cals and I rode my bike for 30 minutes this morning.
    Marie
  • cals-1690, exerc-body sculpting. I keep thinking that total must be wrong and I am forgetting something. Tomorrow is T-day holiday celebration at work. Not pretty but it is only once a year. Twice for me this year.

Marie-Thanks for the kind sympathy. I am a huge dark chocolate fan myself. It is about the only sweet I allow myself anymore.
  • Tera ~ sorry for the loss of your aunt. Good on your calories and exercise.

Marie ~ you did well also on your calories and exercise.

I missed yesterday again, but did 10 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the bike today.

People here not feeling well. Maddie has some kind of respiratory thing going on, and DH Steve isn't feeling well either ~ probably getting what ever Maddie has. DS Jason not feeling well either, and DD Sara something ailing her too. Hope they all get to feeling better soon.
  • Gayle, that's never nice when everybody starts getting sick. Tis the season. I hope you stay doing well.

Tera, at lease T-day celebrations can be healthy. Turkey is a good low cal food. Great job on your calories today. I bet you have abs of steel with all the body sculpting.

I'm at 1526 cals today and I did another vigorous elliptical workout. I could still feel it in my legs 7 hours later. I'm up to two weeks of exceeding my minimum speed/distance on the elliptical. I'd been stuck at not reaching it for months. I'm going about .15 miles farther in the same time as I was a few weeks ago. I definitely kicked it up a notch and I now have a streak.

At work, they started a presidential fitness challenge. It's done with groups (buildings) competing with other groups. Have either of you ever used the site? I was thinking maybe we could add a group of us and see how many point we could rack up with our exercise.
    Marie
  • Evening Tera and Gayle. I hope all is well with you both.

Today wasn't a bad eating day - I ended at 1540. This morning I did yoga then walked the dogs on the big route. They sure liked that. It's the hilliest route so I got a little workout.

Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!! Yay. I'm ready for weekend.
    Marie
  • Hi Tera and Gayle, I continue to hope all is well with you.

I had a mediocre day with food. I'll end up at about 1750 but its a guess because I had a cake pop from a bakery. It was yummy but I really don't know the calories. I did have another vigorous elliptical workout. I went .15 miles further in the allotted 30 minutes than I did 3 weeks ago so I'm definitely pushing myself.

I thrilled it is Friday. Work is too much work and stress. Yay for weekend.
    Marie
  • Eeks, this is turning into my blog. Where are you Tera and Gayle???

I didn't log my calories today. Certainly nothing bad but it wasn't great. DH and I went to Redding CA for a bike ride along the Sacramento River. It was gorgeous. The ride was a little over 16 miles. We had a great time. It was 20 degrees when we left and 29 when we just got home. But it was 72 degrees while we rode. A beautiful day!
    Marie
  • Sorry, Marie ~ I am here, but feeling guilty because I haven't walked or biked. I haven't felt very peppy. Felt sort of like a cold coming on. And it has been chilly and rainy and drizzly.

I did feel pretty good today, and had gotten some sewing projects ready to work on the other day, so I started on those and got on a roll and never did get around to walking. And since I was on a roll, messaged my son and said today would be a good day for him to bring me a couple pairs of his work pants that needed a hole patched. Got those done and part of the other things.

My eating though has been pretty good.

Tera ~ hope both you and Marie are having a good weekend.

Take care
  • How did so many days go by so quickly?!! Sorry, I did not mean to ignore you gals. DH and I spent the last few days at our friends weekend mountain home with some other couples. We had a great time but many calories were expended and except for shopping-very little exercise. Hopefully this week I can manage to behave before the big feast on Thursday.

Marie-Good for you for getting your posting in. I admire your steadfastness. The Presidential challenge sounds very motivating. Good luck to your team! Let me know if you want to start another group.

Gayle-Glad to hear you are feeling better. Kuddos on eating well.
  • Yay Tera and Gayle are back. I'm happy to see you both. Gayle, I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather. It's good you were having fun sewing !

Tera, sounds like you had a wonderful little vacation. How about we start the presidential fitness on Jan 1st and do it for all of 2014?

DH and I went to Crater Lake National Park today for a couple mile snowshoe adventure. It was a gorgeous day.
    Marie
  • cals-1490, ex-step class. Todays cals were pretty darn good. If only I could do this well more often.

Marie-I am on for the fitness challenge in January. Your snowshoe adventure sounds awesome. Good for you. I did not even hike in the mountains yesterday because I thought it was too cold. I need to get outdoors more often.

Hi Gayle!
  • on the cals, Tera. That is great. My would be significantly higher if I'd logged them.

No exercise today either. My quads were dead after the biking and the snowshoeing adventures.
    Marie
  • Hi Marie and Tera

I did not walk or bike again today ~ I guess I have turned into a weather woos. It was cold 38 and rainy today. I could have used the treadmill......
    I gotta get back to it.

I did eat pretty good and am working on trying to get the 8 glasses of water in.

We have Maddie here with us all this week ~ thanksgiving vacation from school.

Take care
  • Hi all, plenty of exercise on my part today. I had a really good elliptical workout this morning and I'm not sure my quads were recovered from the weekend. Alas, I just kept going telling myself, 180 more seconds, 157 more seconds, etc. I made it, sweating profusely. After work I took the pups for a 1+ mile walk. It was chilly but gorgeous out. Eating, I at least logged today. I'm at about 1550 cals but it doesn't "feel" right. As though I have forgotten something. C'est la vie. I'll leave it at that.

I decided I would be thankful for LoseIt! and log all my calories over the Thanksgiving weekend because I'll be out of town. I won't sweat the total, just the process of doing it may keep me in control. It certainly can't hurt.

Gayle, find your treadmill. The Endorphins of exercise will help the blues.

Tera, hope all is well.
    Marie
  • Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for y'all at 3fatchicks. You help me keep my weight in line and that makes me happy. Besides, I enjoy your company! Today of course will be an eating fiasco, but a fun one at that. Hopefully the leftovers will not equate to extra inches on the hips.

Marie-I do not know how you are still walking after all that exercise. Today will be a good day for recovery while eating. After the recovery and the carb loading, you will be all set for some more great outdoor activity.

Gayle-I am loving the cold weather. I grew up in Nebraska and actually miss the cold winters.