2013 Challenge - The Rest of the Story

You're on Page 5 of 28
Go to
  • Tera, by the sounds of it, squash soup shouldn't be a calorie killer and will be a healthy choice. Don't you just HATE when work gets in the way of exercise? Tomorrow I have to be at a meeting at 5:45 am. That's just when I usually finish exercising - not when I'm at work....

Gayle, great job on the 35 minute bike ride. You're doing great.

I logged my calories and that's the good part. I ate 1812 cals. I'm sure I could have done lots worse. I did the yoga routine this morning and made some improvs on the knee position like I'd read in my research with knee pain and yoga. Then the pups and I want for a walk. It was still dark out and we're already to go and I walk outside and it is sleeting. If I'd known, I wouldn't have gone. But the pups were excited to go walking so we went walking. Sleeting on a fleece jacket. Luckily it wasn't coming down in sheets so I didn't get soaked.
    Marie
  • 38 minute bike ride today. Made it home just in time ~ the sky got all dark and it started raining shortly after I got home.
  • cals-2120, ex-step class at the Y. I should have done better with the cals today. I get this feeling I am doing better and then think "wow, I have room to add a few more calories". DUH!

Gayle-You are very consistent. You must be getting stronger every day!

Marie-Nice of you to take your dogs for a walk. It is very wise of you to listen to your body when exercising. Hopefully your knee is feeling better.
  • Gayle, great job on the bike ride and even better on the timing. Biking and raining wouldn't be safe.

Tera, at the doing better than bam, not doing better. I've been in that place.

I was at a conference today. Long time in a car. Did a great job with the cals because the restaurant we were going to have lunch at (pretty much the only one once we left the town of the conference and between home) was closed. I grabbed my protein bar and gave my apple to my co-worker. Lunch was a Quest protein bar. I did exercise at four dark fifteen this morning. That is too early. I got a new yoga DVD and did one of the 10 minute routines this evening. I actually liked it. I think that's the trick with yoga. Short and sweet - that way I don't get bored.
    Marie
  • 40 minute bike ride. It is a beautiful day out today. A little chilly ~ I was trying to wait for the temperature to go up a little, but by 11:30 am it was still only in the mid 50's, so I thought I just better get at it.
  • Gayle, excellent job getting it done. Sometimes it's best not to wait until the conditions are perfect. I know with me, if I convince myself I will exercise later in the day on Saturdays, I nearly always have to exercise on Sunday. Sundays are for walking the dogs and a yoga workout.

Not a horrible calorie day but definitely room for improvement. Walked the dogs and yoga today. Now it is a 4 day weekend. I am so excited for that. No working from home for me this weekend either!

Hope all is good Tera!
    Marie
  • 40 minute bike ride today. It was a beautiful day ~ sunny and a tiny bit chilly, but good for bike riding. I need to enjoy it while it lasts ~ it will be Houston hot again.
  • Ah darn, I missed posting yesterday. I didn't mean to, I just got distracted in the evening working on stained glass. Before I knew it, it was way past my bedtime. And I had an elliptical workout that was really good. And then DH and I took the pups for a long walk. Eating was so-so but I moved a lot! I'm bummed I have to start my posting goal again.

Gayle, you're gonna wear off the tires of your bike. You go girl!!!! Excellent job.

Tera, I hope all is well with you.

I did elliptical again this morning and had another good workout. I'm working on Yoda's saying for my elliptical workouts. Not doing a so-so job, doing a good job and getting the most our of it.

Soon I'm going to apply that to food. But for now, I'm going all out on the exercise. If I'm going to spend the time exercising, I'm going to do it powerfully.
    Marie
  • Hi Ladies-Sorry I missed the past few days. I was busy hanging with DH. He travels a lot so my routine changes when he is home. I have been so-so with the calories and usually I do not exercise on the weekends. I went shopping yesterday for some warmer clothes for winter. Nothing like clothes shopping to spur my motivation to lose weight. I am doing much better with the sugary treats but still managing to overeat, mostly on salty stuff and pasta. Well, today I am getting serious. I said no to myself I don't know how many times this weekend. It takes me a lot of practice! I think I am ready now to get to the losing place and take off the extra pounds I put on this fall. I would be very happy if I could manage to even get to and stay in the low 140's. That is less than five pounds-but it makes a difference in how my clothes fit. My goal this week is to post some decent calorie totals this week-hopefully closer to the 1800 mark.

Good job on the bike rides Gayle.

Marie-I do not think you should be bummed about missing a posting day. You are doing a great job getting here and keeping your focus on your goal. It sounds like things are coming together for you and you will be in the losing zone in no time at all.
  • Got in a 40 minute bike ride today. Nothing formal yesterday ~ maybe I could count the brisk walk from the front to the back and back to the front again at Walmart because of a couple grocery items we could not find as Aldi.

My knee hurts a little ~ I think I strained something. Usually, I can make it across the streets without having to stop, but at this one cross walk, I has to stop and to continue on, I had to go up this little incline and I think maybe it was that incident that makes my knee kind of growly now.

Marie ~ like Tera said, don't feel bad about missing one day. You're doing great.

Tera ~ glad you got to spend some time with your DH.

Enjoy your weekend

Take care
  • Gayle it's been a while since I've been in a Walmart but if I recall, they are big. Count the walking as exercise. I feel that way about Costco.

Tera, we're at the same place. I join you in getting serious. I am READY!!! I took a nap and knew that tide had turned and I was ready to be serious about my calorie intake. I will start tomorrow logging and aiming for the 1400-1500 cal range 6 days a week. I think Sundays I will allow 1800. I would say I should start logging today but I think the morning damage isn't worth seeing. Post nap I did great healthy, lo-cal choice. Onward I say.
    Marie
  • Happy Veteran's Day!!! My DH is a veteran and I appreciate him. Currently he's cleaning all 3 of our vehicles. I was going to get my Jeep detailed because it was scummy and he didn't want to pay for that. Hence, he's spent his day off. I think it would have been easier to pay someone else to clean it. Now he's working on my Passat. He's on a roll.

I have been very good today. And EXCELLENT elliptical workout. I haven't hit the speed/distance I did this morning in zillions of workouts. I thought my legs were going to fall off. I'd preceded the workout with my new 10 minute yoga workout. Then I will finish the day at 1400 cals. YAY!!!! Progress finally. Tomorrow I will be happy when the sugar crap headache (just bothersome, not achey) is gone. I'm guessing in all ways I will feel so much more better. Just taking control has achieved some of that today.
    Marie
  • 30 minute bike ride today.

Way to go Marie you're doing great.

Tera ~ glad you were successful staying away from the sugary treats and telling yourself no. Keep up the good work.
  • cals-2010, exerc-step class. Sad to say I did not meet my 1800 goal. I gave in to temptation again. Tomorrow is another opportunity and of course, it could have been worse! I am drinking my hot tea and ignoring my urges to eat more chocolate.

Marie-You are awesome. I want to be you. I will be you tomorrow!

Gayle-Another bike ride done. You are the Queen Biker.
  • It was a nice sunny day, so I don't know why I was dragging my feet about getting my bike ride done. So I packed up my kitty in the stroller thing (Maddie's old stroller with a pet carrier fastened into the seat ~ repurposing
    and walked around the circle we live on. 15 minutes to go around once. I might have gone around again, but it was a little breezy and I worried that because my kitty is an indoor cat that ~ being un-used to that breeze, she might get sick. Also, she wasn't exactly thrilled about this situation. So then to get in my time ~ rode my bike for 20 minutes.