2013 Challenge - The Rest of the Story

You're on Page 19 of 28
Go to
  • Hi All,

My calories are still within my 1700 allotment and I've exercised every day. Could I do more? Without a doubt. I could exercise more, put the calorie range in a more losing range but I'm staying on track with this. That is a good thing. That said, it is a good thing I didn't have chocolate in my office this morning. The munchies invaded and all I had were graham crackers. Four grahams. later (and 240 calories later) the munchies ended. So there's a possibility I'll be about 1940 cals. DH started day shift today. The first since Jan 2013. So tonight starts my 1700 cals with a nearly mandatory dinner time. That could make it harder.
    Marie
  • cals-1310 (160), exerc-step class at the Y. F&V: orange, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, cauliflower and carrots. Very good results today. Of course, I am still stuffed from the weekend but hey, at least I am staying away from the leftovers for a change.

Marie-Good Job Girl! Your calories are great. I understand the challenge of sharing dinner with DH. I can never convince my husband to eat light dinners and to make it worse, he likes to go out to eat. When I get motivated enough, I can make it work but it can be difficult.
  • Good evening,

Had a nice bike ride on Friday ~ beautiful day. Rode for almost 2 hours ~ not all in one chunk ~ stopping off at some parks along the way for Maddie to play a while. Did not get any exercise in on Sunday or today. Saturday was errands, so I guess maybe I could count that ~ an all day undertaking with walking at each stop.

Eating ~ some days pretty good, other days ~ not as good. Up and down that same 2 or 3 pounds.

Today, gave in to stress eating. Don't even really know why I felt stressed. Maddie was a little wound up when she came home from school, but eventually settled down and we had fun. It was a wonderful day with her compared to some we've had. But even though it was a good day, I can't explain it ~ why I felt so on edge and nervous. I ate a few things I would have been better off not to have, but not as bad as I have been sometimes.

Tomorrow is another day.
  • cals-1830 (710),exer-body sculpt class at the Y, F&V:grapefruit, carrot, lettuce. So-so day. I was weak in the office coffee room due to a home baked goodie.

Gayle-Pat yourself on the back for all the things you are doing right. WooHoo!
  • Hi all,

Gayle, if you're going up and down the same 3 pounds, you aren't gaining. That is good. Very good.

Tera, good job on the calories. You are getting those vege/fruits in. Break room tasty treats are so hard to resist during a whole day of work.

I was at 1765 cals yesterday. I thought it was 1708 and I was pleased but when I added one of the same foods to LoseIt today, I noticed the serving size was wrong. I figured it was wrong yesterday too and poof, my on target day changed. Not bad, but still... I thought I stayed where I set my goal. I've been walking the dogs and not wanting to do other exercise. Today we hiked up a big hill around my house with no breaks. Huffing and puffing but we did it. Fruits/Veges are good. I made a big salad for lunch and put turkey breast from the freezer on it. It was so good.
    Marie
  • cals-2890 (1080), ex-body sculpt at the Y. Whoa, kinda ridiculous calories but easy for me to do-lunch at a Mexican restaurant with son (1000 cals), wine with dinner (200)and I made cookies (300) to take to work tomorrow plus a reasonable breakfast and dinner. I do not see things improving this weekend but maybe if I keep posting I can convince myself this is not a good idea.

Marie-I think walking is great exercise for both the mind and spirit.
  • Happy Easter! Hope yours was fun.

Cals-2100 (850), exerc-short walk. I only ate one meal today and I am still stuffed. Great meal though.
  • Good evening,

Hope you all have had a nice Easter Sunday.

It was a nice weekend. Ran errands yesterday. Today, got a surprise visit from DGS Corbin, then later DD Sara invited us over for supper. I didn't do too badly with the foods. Had a bowl of ice cream, one chocolate chip cookie and 5 of those bite size little candy bars (one of each flavor). Might sound like a lot, but considering what I am capable of, that wasn't so bad.

Exercise ~ for yesterday, I counted the walking while shopping ~ often we would park at one end of the parking lot, then walk to the stores we wanted to go to in that shopping center without getting in the car each time and moving to the next one. Then today ~ short little bike ride to Sara's and back. It was a beautiful evening.
  • cals-2115 (450), exerc-long walk. F&V: spinach, strawberries, carrot. I will need to keep working on lowering the calorie total.

Gayle-One chocolate chip cookie-excellent restraint! That's not easy.
  • Tera ~ confession here. I wish I did have such good self control. Truth is ~ I do ok when other people are around ~ it is when I am alone that me and food get into trouble
  • cals-2160 (310) ex-body sculpt at the Y. F&V: blueberries, carrots, mushrooms, squash, onion, green pepper. I am like a broken record here. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Gayle-I hear you on behaving in front of other people but not so well when you are left to your own devices. I am trying to keep less goodies in the house to avoid that problem however I have been weak at the store lately, plus I love to bake. However, I would also love to lose a few pounds. What strategies do you try to use to try to improve your eating habits?
  • Hi Everyone! Survived another long work weekend and a 2.4-pound gain to show for it.....all water weight. UGH! Half of it is gone today though, so hopefully the other half will leave soon. Was so close to breaking into the next decade too but my scale was having fun taunting me....for a week I saw 160.6, 160.4, 160.4, 160.2, 160.0 (really scale??? Can't just give me 0.2 to be nice?LOL), 160.8, and then 160.2......and then the weekend hit. So.....we'll see how much more I can bounce around this week.

No exercise to report...one of these days I'll figure out how to work that component into the mix. Still hanging around 1100-1200 calories a day. F&V - so far banana and apple today, sweet potatoes and green beans tonight (leftover Easter dinner).

Good to hear everyone is doing well and keeping that forward momentum going!
  • Ah it is Monday again. I'm still in the fight but the munchies and baking love (Tera we share that) have been my downfall. I'm still doing well on the F&V but I need to make the other foods go away to make up fro the F&V cals. I also need to put the elliptical back into my exercising. Clearly it needs to go after work since the pups love and need their morning hike. So her'e my one day goal: I will elliptical after work. It will replace my afternoon mocha because I found a Heath bar this morning and munched it before I even thought about it. Mindless munching is bad.
    Marie
  • cals-2100 (540), ex-body sculpt class at the Y, F&V-grapefruit, carrot, cucumber, celery, lettuce, pear, mushrooms, broccoli, onion, peppers. I am doing slightly better these days. I have managed to take off a few pounds in the last two months. I hope I can ramp that up a bit.

Darcy-Good luck with the new decade. You are almost there.

Marie-Yumm, baking. My latest weakness is blueberry muffins. I like the one goal at a time idea. It does make progress a bit slower but eventually it all comes together. I am glad you are able to get back on the elliptical.
  • cals-1790 (610), ex-step class at the Y. F&V: grapefruit, lettuce, celery, carrot, cucumber, pepper, onions, mushrooms. I am thinking of restricting my menus during the week as a way to get my total calories down. I have two different menus for each meal that are simple to prepare, low in cals, high in vegetables and I like them. I also need to work on that second number. It is ridiculous. I am averaging 32% of my total calories in junk food. My goal is 10%. I have a long way to go!