2013 Challenge - The Rest of the Story

You're on Page 11 of 28
Go to
  • Good Morning Chicks-I am really hoping to make some real, true improvements this week. It has been a very difficult transition from holiday mode to good, healthy food choices and regular exercise. My average calories are running 2400 a day. Yikes. It is so easy though. I still consider myself in a transition phase but I am aiming for closer to an average 2000 a day for this week. Otherwise, I am going to have to pull out my box of big clothes I saved from three years ago! Last year I was very successful taking off the weight by avoiding wheat and most processed foods. However, this year I have been on this baking kick. I made cinnamon rolls yesterday for the first time. Yumm. However, I really need to find a happy medium place.
  • 35 minute bike ride ~ beautiful weather out there today. I really have to buckle down ~ it is so easy to find excuses and talk myself out of doing it. I wish it was the other way around and that I felt like nothing or nobody was gonna get in my way to keep me from doing it. Oh well. One day at a time.
  • cals today-2400, ex-body sculpt at the Y. Still doing AWFUL with the calorie totals but at least I am back to the Y. In fact, I am enjoying it. I do not want to go back to sitting on the couch. I want to get strong again. Perhaps if I spend more time exercising I will find it easier to fix my overeating problem.

Gayle-Well at least you won the battle of wills yesterday-hopefully today also. Never, ever give up!!

Hi Marie and DeeLee. You gals get on here and Post! We need your support.
  • Hi all, we're moving in 2014. Yesterday I used the elliptical for 20 minutes (no arms) without pain. That's a big improvement. This morning I rode my bike for 30 minutes. After I post here, I'm going to log my calories for the day so far. I've had healthy veges and fruits today. That is a good thing. I'm not sure about a few of the veges that were in the carrot cake. But I did have non-baked fruits and veges to counter balance the small (yes, small) piece.
    Marie
  • 30 minute bike ride today. Ate better. Onward!!
  • 30 minute bike ride today. Ate correctly. I have been kind of struggling. Stress eating ~ good one day, not so good the next. Same with the exercise. Scale kind of up and down the same couple pounds. So today, I tried to kind of recommit. I was doing pretty good at one point ~ gotta get back to that.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.
  • 10 minutes on the treadmill then 20 minutes on my bike.

I feel like I am eating ok, wish the scale would go down. Well, at least I feel pretty good.

Hope you all had a nice weekend.
  • Cals-?, Ex-none. Well, at least I am here. I am getting closer to my normal pattern of eating and exercising. I have my homemade soup ready for my lunches for the week and am planning to eat salad for dinner. All the heavy food is starting to bother my tummy so I think this week is going to go better.

Gayle-Good for you for posting and moving in the right direction. Give things time and the weight loss will come around.

Marie-So sorry about the achy, braky ribs. Darn. Fruits and veggies are the way to go.
  • Good evening all,

It was a beautiful day today. We had Maddie all day because of Martin Luther King Day. With the extra time and because it was such a beautiful day, we went on a bike ride. We have a whole network or beautiful bike and hike paths. We went to the children's museum here in our town ~ close enough to be able to get there by bike. Spent a while there, then back on the bikes and went to one of the many little parks that our town has. Spent a while there playing, then back on the bikes and on to another park ~ one Maddie likes because it has ducks, and she is able to catch them and hug on them. Spent a bit there, Maddie had a snack, then we headed home ~ got there just as it was getting dark. 1 hour and 20 minutes approximatley of riding. I am hoping that there will be more opportunities like this before the weather gets too hot.

Eating pretty good, the scale went down a little bit today. So, a wonderful day all around.

Hope you all have had a good day.
  • Hello all,

30 minutes of bike riding today. Eating ~ I felt like I did pretty good.

Hope you all are doing well.
  • Yesterday was terrible. Problems at work led me to work late, miss my Y class and come home and stuff myself silly. Considering this source of stress is not going away any time soon, I better find some better coping skills.

Gayle-Thank you for setting a good example. Feeling pretty good is a good thing.
  • Hi all, Gayle you're doing great! Way to go. Tera, you and I have to find a better method of coping with out work stress. I keep having bad days at work and eating to comfort myself. The irritating part is I know I'm doing it and that voice is say "I don't care" but I do care. I wish I could hear the "angel" voice a lot louder.

I'm getting back into exercising though. The injury is 95% recovered and I've been able to get on track that way.
    Marie
  • Good evening all,

I did not do the bike ride today. DH and I had dentist appointments this morning. Then stopped for a couple errands on the way home. By the time we got home, had lunch and call my mom, the afternoon was pretty well shot. Spent what little there was left getting Maddie's spot ~ blow up air mattress made up into a bed for her in the sewing room ~ ready for her. We have her for the next two nights while mama is out of town for her job. When she is here, it is a little harder to stick to the regular routines.

You guys are not alone on the stress eating. You just happened to catch me on a couple good days. That is why I don't make much progress. When those stressful times come, all I want is to feel better. I know even as I do it that the feeling better is only a brief thing, but that is how desperate I am to feel better. A shame that another person can cause such misery for another.

Tomorrow another dr appointment and Maddie day, so don't know if I will get the bike ride in or not. Hopefully the eating part will go ok.

Tera ~ yes, what you said, since the source of my stress is probably not going away any time soon, I've got to find some other way to deal with it.

Marie ~ glad your injury is almost all better.

Hoping for the both of you ~ less stress.

Take care
  • I just polished off two homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast so you can see I am off to a good start. (I still have two left in the freezer!!) I need to stop baking. However, I also need to resume consistent calorie tracking, exercising and posting here. I am doing a little of everything which I guess is better than nothin', but only a little better. So, from now on---I will at least go through all the motions-tracking, posting and exercising. It is a nearly painless step in the right direction before I take on my real problem-calorie total and poor food choices!

Marie-So happy you posted. We missed you. Sorry work is causing some distress. Keep channeling that inner angel-she is still there for you!

Gayle-You are a busy lady. Have fun with Maddie!
  • Gayle, have a great time with your DGD. How fun that you get some sleepovers. Maybe your DH can play with Maddie while you bike?

Tera, we are so in the same boat. I didn't log today but I know that I was better calorie wise because I had a small bowl of cereal for dinner. I actually chose the tiny one while my hand was aiming for the normal bowl. So my calories aren't nearly as bad because of a 150 cal dinner.

I took the pups for a walk around the big block (1.75 miles) before work. I had their leashes in my right hand so they wouldn't pull my injured arm/shoulder/chest. They were so excite to trot along. Their tails were whipping back and forth. That made it an excellent way to start the day. Sadly, then I had to go to work... the excellence deteriorated quickly after that.
    Marie