Old 09-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #61  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Glad everything went well for you Rosey
Old 09-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Wow Rosey....can't believe you had that as OP.....so much better out of the hospital for recoup. Safer and cleaner. Lov'ya k3

Last edited by Karen3; 09-07-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Rosey, so happy to hear from you!! Glad all went well.. now will continue our prayers for a speedy recovery!! God Is Good!!
Old 09-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #64  

Rytre, we have been to Springfield several times but I like the small town feel of our little town. Springfield is BIG CITY to me! LOL!! Whenever we head that way we always like to stop at Lamberts-- the Home of the Throwed Roll!!! Fantastic café and always lots of fun!!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #65  
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Height: 5'2"

REALLY, REALLY happy for you, Rosey!!

Last edited by Sassafras; 09-07-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #66  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Wonderful news Rosey, 25 pounds gone? Awesome!
Old 09-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #67  

Height: 5'3"

Rosey - Oh so glad it's over with Rosey and that you are ok! Twenty-five pounds gone? That's amazing! Don't want to have surgery but wish I could lose that much that fast.. Will continue to pray for complete recovery.

Very quiet day here. Cloudy and coolish, supposed to get to 80 but the sun is just now coming out. Dh gave up waiting for more warmth and got started working outside. I need to get started in here. I got up late as usual...seems like all I want to do is sleep these days, I am sleeping better and it feels so good, but I'm still really achy and sleep doesn't seem to help.

I just finished a book ...sort of a ghost story I guess you could call it, but not really horror...called Stillwell. I enjoyed it and reviewed it on Amazon.

Overate 3 days in a row (calories) and weight is creeping up today. Gotta get control today...so far I'm good. I can overeat a bit and still be ok with my carbs if I select my foods carefully but when I binge I forget my restraints on carbs and my bs goes up again. I have to be really careful.

Dh's eye is healing well per doctor but his pressure was up to 13 and doc doesn't know why. The stitches (which are supposed to just melt away) were bothering him so doctor took some of them out. Hopefully that will help reduce the pressure too..

Well wishing you all a good weekend. Tomorrow is the big fall kickoff for our church, so looking forward to it. With a new pastor lots of new things going on.

Last edited by maryea; 09-07-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #68  

This was posted by an administrator ------ "For those users of the AVG anti-virus software who have received a warning when visiting this site, our tech team is actively monitoring your reports. We encourage you to update your AVG virus definition to the latest version as soon as you can.

At this time it appears that the warning is due to a faulty virus definition set in the previous AVG release. AVG released a patch today that should relieve the warning. Please update accordingly. If you continue to receive this warning, please let us know.

NOTE: This warning has *only* appeared for users of the AVG program."
Old 09-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #69  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

I talked to Rosey a while ago. She sounds GREAT, said the only discomfort is from the staples, not from pain. She'll be at her DD in Wassilla for about a week.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Rytre, we have been to Springfield several times but I like the small town feel of our little town. Springfield is BIG CITY to me! LOL!! Whenever we head that way we always like to stop at Lamberts-- the Home of the Throwed Roll!!! Fantastic café and always lots of fun!!

I agree, Karen, Springfield is too big for me too. Did you know that Sikeston, a small town in Southeast Missouri, is the home of the original Lambert's? It's always packed when we drive over there.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #71  

I'm pretty sure that is the one we go to. Love the food there
Old 09-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hey....just came in from the lanai...It is so hot right now it feels like you have your face in a pizza oven. No rain scheduled for today. Not that rain is cooling things down. DH's newest lemon tree bite the dirt. Pool is staying at 85. Wet the body and everything feels cooler until you come into the a/c. Think we're going up the road for fried oysters tonight. Not diet friendly but so worth the cheat.

I am bored with all the books I've downloaded lately. I need a grab you storyline and page burner???????? help please

So glad Rosey let us know she was Aokay. A few years ago she disappeared and we worried for months. Of course now we have Donna in charge.

So Donna, where is Isabella? Baby sitting more grands?

Saw something weird today and can't explain. Van in front of me at the gas station had a big sign saying Sepsis.com and a huge lady bug next to the sign as a logo???? Old guy came back to the van and I asked (I know big mouth!) what a lady bug had to do with sepsis? AND after his explaination I still don't know. He ask if I knew what sepsis was (said yes) and he praised me for being one very few....huh? He runs a organization to help sepsis????? Hey all I could image was a wee farm full of sick pathogenic microorganisms. Home for misplaced germs. Money for them to reproduce....Sighhhh My world stays wonkie!

k3

Last edited by Karen3; 09-08-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #73  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

KarenFL - weird van, weird site, weird logo.... very weird graphic images!!! I think the guy is in FAVOR of sepsis and wants the world to have more of it! (geez, my world is wonkie, too!)... The site isn't operational.

I emailed Isabella about a month ago and got no response. She did say, didn't she, that one of the DIL is preggers again? I'm sure she's busy helping out.

Nothing going on today. My nephew replaced the water pump in my swamp cooler yesterday, so the new kitty and I are reveling in being nekkid in front of the cool air flow! (sorry for THAT graphic image!...)

Last edited by jess1; 09-08-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 250/240/160

Height: 5'5

Hello friends,
Just dropping by to say I hope everyone has a wonderful, productive week. I'm going to continue my new habit of eating small amounts several times a day, concentrating on fruits, vegetables, chicken, and fish. Thank you all for extending your hand of friendship.

Ree
Old 09-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #75  

Height: 5'3"

Finally getting here today...my keyboard stopped on me last night. Thought for a while something was wrong with my computer too but after discharging the energy it is working fine...it's just the keyboard. So I dug out an old one and it's fine. It's not wireless but that's ok, I can live with it. Saves on the batteries at least. Had a hard time getting to sleep last night and was so tired this morning in church. Glad I went even though. There was a BBQ after 2nd service and dh went back for it but I was too tired...laid down and fell asleep immediately. Slept a little over an hour I think. And I'm STILL tired!! I took Tylenol PM and didn't get enough time to sleep it off last night and think that's part of it, but I sure am tired a lot anymore...this being 70 is not easy.

On the weight issue....I am spinning my wheels...lost last week and this week gained back almost all of what I lost! Sometimes I think my body likes this weight but I sure don't...Ryte, your eating plans sound good. I try to do that but don't stick to it Good luck, I really hope you can cause I think it's the best way to eat.

So glad you are doing ok, Rosey. Take care of yourself so you heal well. So happy for you!
Closed Thread