3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   Where do you buy your plus size clothing? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/285924-where-do-you-buy-your-plus-size-clothing.html)

Wannabehealthy 04-16-2015 02:32 PM

Several years ago, our local JC Penneys moved their full figure department into the basement with household items. That's when I quit shopping there. I felt that they were trying to hide us.

Now the same thing has happened at Bonton. I shop there a lot because they have good coupon sales. Right now I wear a misses bottom but a 1X top. Sometimes they have the same separates in both departments, and I can get a matching outfit buying the top in the full figure dept and the bottom in misses. Now I have to go to another floor to find the full figure. They could have moved dresses to the other floor if they needed more room. That is a completely different department.

Sometimes I find that the full figure clothing is made with the ugliest fabric they can find! I always wondered why they can't just make the full figure clothing the same as misses, but just bigger. What makes them thing we want to look fat AND ugly?

2feelbetter 04-17-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy (Post 5154220)
Several years ago, our local JC Penneys moved their full figure department into the basement with household items. That's when I quit shopping there. I felt that they were trying to hide us.

Now the same thing has happened at Bonton. I shop there a lot because they have good coupon sales. Right now I wear a misses bottom but a 1X top. Sometimes they have the same separates in both departments, and I can get a matching outfit buying the top in the full figure dept and the bottom in misses. Now I have to go to another floor to find the full figure. They could have moved dresses to the other floor if they needed more room. That is a completely different department.

Sometimes I find that the full figure clothing is made with the ugliest fabric they can find! I always wondered why they can't just make the full figure clothing the same as misses, but just bigger. What makes them thing we want to look fat AND ugly?

I have a Bonton near me. The last time I was there they moved the pluse size to the middle of the store. They don't have a great selection Of clothing. I just found out recently that target took their plus-size department completely out of the store and now you can only buy it online.

My new place to shop is Lord and Taylor they have excellent clothing and as a matter of fact I was just talking to my sister-in-law the other day and she happen to be in Lord and Taylor shopping and she was saying the exact same thing it's much better then Macy's. they carry designers like Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Jessica Simpson, Michael Kors, and it's a very large department . Take a look online. There clearance racks have great sales.

blue_meets_green 06-01-2015 07:16 PM

My favorite place for clothing used to be at Chicos but they moved from our area a few years ago. I don't really have a favorite place but I do like to shop at consignment shops for vintage clothing.

2feelbetter 06-04-2015 09:33 AM

liz claiborne

If you have a JC penny near you I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Liz Claiborne clothes. I use to go to the Liz outlet store. I still have tee shirts that I wear from years ago. If you don't have a JC Penny near you they also sell her clothing on HSN OR QVC I forget which one it is.

Another designer I like for nice tops is Karen Scott - sold at Macy's

kaplods 06-05-2015 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamTam (Post 4811079)
Where do you buy your plus size clothing? I am in a 3x and am having the hardest time finding nice blouses and shirts. I am BIG, I do not want shirts with BIG flowers, prints, etc. I am almost 55, I do not want to dress like I am 25! I am FAT I do not want a shirt that is short, I do no want my cleavage showing either! Really who designs these clothes?! Any help would be greatly appreciated. God Bless.:hug:

I love fullbeauty.com and their clearance outlet store outlet.com

They have a huge range of sizes and styles. You will see a lot of styles you hate, because they do have the slutty,short stuff and the big-flower print mumus, but they have everything in between too - trendy, classic, conservative, artsy, sporty, youthful, mature....

There sales and coupon codes are awesome too.