Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I got back from FL this week. Gained only .8 lb. I think my knee is a little better. Still doing PT. I am in the middle of teaching one of my courses. Have a REALLY nice group of students.

Hope everyone has a good day,

Lynn

Hi Bobbi, LOVE the pics of your house. GREAT furniture & I LOVE the blue on the walls.

Hi Change, I am so sorry to read about all of your son's problems. TOO much for one little guy! Two of my great nephews have type 1 and my daughter has thyroid disease (Graves). I know how difficult these things are to handle. I am so sorry he has to bear all of this.

Hi Cajun, I took a 5-year break!!!! Now I too am on "part 2" - trying to lose another 20. During the 5 years of maintenance, I got out of the habit of daily weighing. Now I actually forget to weigh myself in the mornings.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies. Dh left for his business meeting this morning. He will be back tomorrow after lunch. We have a wedding this Saturday. Remember the guy who fell and broke his neck. It's his son getting married.
Diet is still going good. Feels great to be in this frame of mind. I can and I will do this. Part 2. Lol.

Lynn you've done an awesome job of keeping the weight off for 5 years. I don't care how long it takes me as long as I don't quit the fight. Because I know keeping it off is way harder than losing it. I think your 20 lb goal is very doable. Sometimes when we have a lot to lose the number can be overwhelming. Taking it in small doses is much better. Good luck to you my friend. We can do this!!!!

Sorry I'm out of time. Hi to everybody
Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #18  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning...I'm meeting Tiffany and Max (Weimaraner dog) at the trails with Charlie in a few minutes. He's not good on a leash since he was born in the country and never had a collar on before. But the exercise will do us both good plus catching up with daughters life.
Lynn...as to the pictures I posted of my dining room, the walls aren't blue. I have a large picture over the dining room hutch that has a pretty dark mint green border. I matched that color up to some paint strip samples and painted to match. I had to go back and look at the pictures and it does look blue.

Momma turkey and her two babies were just out at the feeder eating breakfast, they are spooky birds. Spooky as in very alert and watching for predators/people all the time.

I'm off to the trails!
Old 08-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Where is everybody? Board is quiet this week. Just finished making 2 crawfish pies for ds's gf. I had promised her a couple months ago to make her some. They are bringing the unit down tonight so ds has the night off. Dh is back from his trip. I'm glad he's home. I had a really good week with the diet. Hopefully I can have another good weekend. We do have a wedding tomorrow night. I will do my best to choose my supper wisely.
I have a couple more hours of work and then it's off for the weekend!!! It's 97 degrees here. Hot!!!! Horrible.
Gotta do a few things.
Have a good weekend.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

So far this week, my printer broke and my dishwasher overflowed. Does anyone know if Mercury is in retrograde?

I am trying to increase my exercise this week. I did 90 minutes this morning - had been doing 60 minutes. Hopefully, it will result in another pound down on Tuesday - my weigh-in day at JC.

Hi Cajun, Nice to have a partner on "phase 2." For me, it is a LOT tougher than was phase 1.
My goal is to lose 1 pound/week for 20 weeks. So far, I have almost done that. Messed up a little at last weigh-in after vacation.

Hi Bobbi, "dark mint green!" - I would never have guessed. Do you think it is the 3FC site?

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 08-02-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Our printer died too!! We bought a new one on Tuesday and now they are having a "tax free" weekend here for back to school!!! Of course we already have it installed!!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #22  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone...finally getting here. Don't know why but it felt like a busy day even though I really didn't accomplish much. A lot of yesterday afternoon ended up being filled with family issues which I tried to help with. Today after the gym, I got to watching some Indiflix. I got a free subscription which is almost over and I haven't watched many so I was trying to play catch up. So between household chores I watched several shorts. Many are just 5-10 min long. I was cleaning some glass in the family room and decided since it was an overcast day to clean the outside windows on the backside. Hard to carry the ladder around but didn't want dh doing it (he was also gone at the time) and I managed it. The front-side still needs to be done though. I also got two loads of towels and sheets taken care of. But the rest of the housework didn't get done.

Cajun, so glad you are back on track! I'm doing better and my weight I recentl y gained is slowly dropping off but I'm still up 2# from my sick. So easy to gain, but so slow to lose it. I wish I could get to the point where changes of schedule like with having family here wouldn't cause me to go off track.

Change, I did remember your son is autistic but didn't realize remember he already had hair loss. I wonder what causes it. I hope it grows in again. Feel for him. I'd hate to lose hair now but can imagine how hard it would be on a kid his age.

As most of you old-timers know I have a hobby of entering sweepstakes. Forgot to mention my July wins:
7/1 M-Edge Incline Jacket Apple iPad 2/3/4 Folio Case in Carbon Fiber Black. From tablet2cases $45 Received 7/19
7/1 a prize from Writerspace. Writer will contact me with details. book? Rec'd a paperback romance novel I think is probably this prize on 7/22
7/11 Realbeauty.com win -Aveda After Sun Hair Masque - UPS surprise - Ninja win - gave to my dd.
7/20 $100 GC for CircleK - a Sweeties win - to be shipped in 6-8 weeks
7/25 Christian book Store - book - surprise win by mail

Last edited by maryea; 08-02-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hey all....Have had weird week of almost caught up and then everything rockets away. Dh has been trying to get part for his reloader, part came and immediately broke, HD sold us 2 belts for his mower and both are wrong, ordered 2 pair of glasses and only one pair came in, after 6 trips the plumber finally fixed the drain out thru the seawall (of course hasn't rain hard enough since to check if it works). Postponed my knees shots yesterday and woke up today barely able to walk....Surprised me no end...did you know a possible TS is off Palm Beach??? Looks like it is gonna head due North(I hope). Yup Cajun it's hot here, too. Get out of car a/c and groan when the heat wall hits you! I'll be back tomorrow with personals. k3
Old 08-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #24  
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Hi all -- My week has been busy, still getting ready to move. I signed the final documents today and should have the keys on Monday. I think things have changed since I bought my last house -- thought we used to get the keys and access at the same time we turned over the check and signed the closing papers. I expect to have the boxes and large items moved on Wednesday and stay in the new house on Wednesday night. I am looking forward to being in -- even more to reaching the point that everything is put away and organized and I can explore my new community. I have some deliveries or installations scheduled for pretty much every day this coming week and the following week, some type of appointment every day -- hair, doctor, dentist, etc. I guess I should be all put together in good working order and looking fine by the end of that week.

My eating is a little disorganized, but am holding my own -- may be down a couple of pounds from my last entry, but will update weight at a later date.

I took some time off from packing on Wednesday night and went on a ride along with my son in law, who is a police Sargent. He has been on the force 24 years and will be retiring next spring and I always meant to go out with him, but I was working too many hours and after I retired, I had both knees replaced, etc., so the timing was never good. I enjoyed seeing what goes on, but it was a pretty quiet night and not a lot happened. I was happy there were no bullets flying, but it would have been nice to have a few more things happening. I joined him a couple of hours after he started and left a few hours before the end (he works 10's) but we went out on 3 calls -- a drunk trespassing, a domestic dispute and a 14 year old who said her step dad said things about her body that made her feel uncomfortable. She was at her dad's for a visit and didn't want to go with her mother and step father when they came to pick her up. It is kind of depressing to see the seemier side of life. I tend to think I am safe and people are good and my son in law sees danger around every corner. The truth is somewhere in the middle, but I kind of like to trust people.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 215/215/134

Height: 5'3.5""

Post Glad to be a Golden Girl

I Just joined this community today! I'm glad to be 50. I'm thrilled to be focused on taking care of my body and soul, now that my kids are grown. YaY me!

Last week, I weighed 222. I started South Beach on July 29 and now I weigh 215. I hope to lose 8-10 lbs this month. My long term goal is to weigh 133, my weight when I became pregnant 23 years ago!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome Calavera! Pull up a chair and let us get to know you and you us! I'm sure you will find this one of the (mabe the best) best groups on here! Everyone is very thoughtful and caring about everyone. Glad to have you with us.

Sassy, I would be terrified to go on a ride along!! Kudos to you! I guess I have watched to many episodes of cops!! Congrats on the house. Yeah, we got our keys the day we signed the papers and that was a little over a year ago. I would think that should be the way it works. Hope things go well for you and don't work to hard trying to get it all done NOW!! Shoot we still have boxes packed up that we moved from Colorado almost 5 years ago!! Hmmmmm.... maybe time to do some rethinking on those boxes!

Have to get to the vet this morning and pick up another Rx. for Ginger. Going to try something else for her cough that is about half the price. It has codene in it so it is still pricy. Hope it helps her AND me sleep through the nights.

Hello to everyone and I think of you all. Just seems like I'm busier than usual with Ginger not feeling so good and then my Aunt being sick with bronchitis so running her to the Dr. and then going to the grocery store for her too. But I love her her and wouldn't have it any other way!

Take care and have a Great Weekend if I don't get back here later on.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #27  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISSY GAYLE........
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

I hope it's a good one!!!

Old 08-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #28  

Height: 5'3"

No plans for today other than some housework so I slept in. I'm pretty behind on my housework. It's still nice and cool this morning.

Gayle - Hope you have a great day!!

Calavera and Sassafras - Welcome!
Old 08-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #29  

Happy weekend everyone and Happy Birthday Gayle rosey
Old 08-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Birthday,Gayle
Closed Thread