3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~August Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/285536-%7E%7Eaugust-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

maryea 08-25-2013 06:17 PM

Just a quick post today. Went to church and then out to lunch with our son and his gf. I'm now watching old Dark Shadows episodes. Soon, I'm going to take a nap. Very quiet day.

Cajunlady165 08-26-2013 09:49 AM

Good morning ladies,
What a weekend. Friday night dh and I and sister and bil youngest son and gf and another couple went to see oldest sons house then out to eat. Saturday dh and I shopped at cabela's. Got home and dressed for a wedding. Sunday morning church and back home to pack up ds and his bedroom furniture. Went to his house and unloaded all that then off to youngest sons house for supper. Back home at about 930 last night to a silent house with no sons home. They are both gone now and we are officially empty nesters. Do I like it? No. But I guess I'll get use to it. This morning I vacuumed the room and I'm fixing to wipe baseboards. He had so much stuff in that room it was impossible to clean it good. I will be unloading my closet in the master bathroom and putting some things in his walk in closet. My closet is huge but pretty full. Dh said that our 2200 square foot house was too big for us after the boys left. So I'll just spread things out. They both took their bedroom sets so we are without a guest bed. I'll have to start thinking about setting up a guest bedroom.
I got up and jogged this morning. Diet didn't go so well this weekend but I'm back on today.

Rosey good thoughts for you and your upcoming surgery.

Mary glad your feeling better after your virus. Those things are horrible and can deplete you in a hurry and can make you drag for a few days after.

Karen3 I think we decided to just go with a home security system. But those safes are nice too. I've heard with help and time they can remove whole safe from home.

Jess I can't wait for the fall. Our summers are brutal with the heat.

Karen31 how is the sunroom coming along? Would love to see the finished project!!!

Hi sassy. How are you?

Gsyle how's the stomach feeling?

Sorry if I forgot someone. Gotta get laundry done and take something out the freezer to cook. How am I ever going to learn how to cook for two people after cooking for 2 sons that I always said I would rather cloth them than feed them.

Hugs
Cajun

maryea 08-26-2013 01:28 PM

Good morning golden ones! Its a beautiful day and is supposed to only get to 75. Fall is very very slowly creeping in but no rain forecasted today. We did a silly thing ...went to the gym and then realized they are closed for maintenance. I knew it but forgot this am. I could have slept in! :( I am tired and yet "up" because I drank my energy drink on the way to the gym. :dizzy: I may try to take a nap anyway. However I have much housework I need to do so between that and the energy drink not sure I'll be able to relax enough to nap.:^:

I had two eggs for breakfast. I don't eat eggs often as they taste so fat to me, but my son was telling me yesterday I should eat them. So I made two over easy and sent him a picture this morning. ;) I had them with a small slice (I use the 45 cal/8 or 9 carbs whole wheat bread) of dry toast. I had cooked the eggs in butter so didn't want to add more richness that early in the am. It tasted good but rich for early in the morning. I gained weight last week but at least even with eating out yesterday, my weight remained stable this morning.

Cajun - Glad you are keeping yourself busy through the transition.

Karen3 08-26-2013 09:57 PM

Hey all....I look at the date and want to plant mums, but in this heat/humidity they'd died fast. DD in NC is picking her pumpkins and locally here they are starting to sell tomato plants. Some body told me it had cooled off Sat night...where not here!!!!

Cajun...They usually bolt the safe to the floor and you have open the safe to cut the bolts. We figure that 800lbs and alarm system is enough. If they get away with the safe we'll check the ER for hernias/heart attacks.

It rained again today....Gesh, Lake is so Ocheechobee is so full that the dike is going to fail. That's a huge wall of water to cover lower half of the state. The repairs aren't scheduled to finish until 2018.

Donna....Are you really getting cooler weather. Have the aspens started to color up?

Karen...When is the next show?

Lynn...Update! How is JC this week?

Mary...I'd rather have eggs for supper. Tell DH wasp spray works better than pepper spray and shots further....and easier to get.

I started using Almond milk this Spring. I can't believe how much it saves me. No dumping outdated milk down the drain. I have used it in cooking, with cereal and in coffee. Has anyone used it for sf pudding?

MBF of 53 yrs in the hospital. They thought it might have been a stroke but turned out to be a maga bladder infection. PHEW......now ladies drink water and drink even more water...now...more

Grocery shopping tomorrow. Refrig is bare....k3

glynne 08-26-2013 10:31 PM

K3 ~ the almond milk doesn't work for pudding. I tried that last night and it made thicker milk, but didn't set up like pudding. I ate one serving of it, but threw the rest of it out. It didn't taste bad or anything, just was like eating thick soup. I felt bad to waste the milk, but.......why take in calories that are unappealing just to not waste.

jess1 08-26-2013 11:01 PM

Quick hola, Goldens...
Had a busy, busy day today, and I'm ready to go to bed!

CK - I sent you a PM with the info you wanted.

Nothing to report! I'll be back later... Be well, lovelies.

Karen31 08-27-2013 11:31 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Got it Donna, Thanks.

Hey Cajun, Here are a couple pics of what we have done with the sunroom. We decided to close it all in and that would make it so much nicer to use year round. We haven't got the paneling up inside yet, the weather decided to turn HOT again and it is to hot to work out there right now. And we have a small gas fireplace we are going to put out there too, which should be nice when we are out in the hot tub on New Years Eve sipping our champagne for our anniversary! I never thought that I would be so Blessed!! Just wanted to post a few pics for you and once we get the paneling up I will post pics then.

I need to get moving here... been lazy this morning and haven't even had brakfast! Think it is going to be a good HOT day to spend some time in the pool..... Fall is around the corner and not many pool days left this year..

Will try to get back for personals later. Have a great day!!

jess1 08-27-2013 12:16 PM

Good Hola, Goldens...

Sad news today. I had to put SamCat down this morning. Those of you who know me know that I loved that kitty more than I can say... he was a month shy of 20 years. This just broke my heart. I've cried more for him than I did for Barb; maybe the two are combining my tears?

glynne 08-27-2013 12:52 PM

Oh ~ Donna ~ so very sorry about SamCat. :hug:

Karen31 08-27-2013 12:55 PM

:hug: Donna, So sorry to hear about SamCat. :cry: My heart hurts for you. Wish I could put my arms around your shoulders right now. :hug:

Cajunlady165 08-27-2013 02:47 PM

Sorry to hear about your beloved pet Donna. I once had a dog I had to put down and it was very hard. She was the last dog I ever got close to. At least your samcat is not suffering anymore. Hugs to you!

Karen3 I loved your sunroom. I like the tall windows. Dh and I are thinking about adding an outdoor kitchen and bar to our patio but its so hot in the summer and the bugs are horrible here. We are thinking about closing one in but making it feel like your still outside. I sure like your idea!!

Karen31 08-27-2013 02:53 PM

Cajun, we did sliding glass doors all around. Was a lot cheaper than windows and you can get more air circulating. Then we put in the top two windows with awning type windows that let the heat out. We thought this was the best way for what we wanted.

maryea 08-27-2013 04:20 PM

Not much going on here still. Our gym is closed for a few days, I took pain meds last night and got a good sleep even though I still feel tired. Maybe it's just laziness. I have to find a way to exercise while the gym is closed. Dh often works hard outside but I don't get much exercise so going to have to figure out a way to get more. My neuropathy is getting worse and is now in my thighs. Last night I told myself I have no more excuses...I have to lose weight and get my bs down. Today so far I've done well on my eating. I'm hungry right now but drinking water. Also took a fish oil capsule between means as I'm told that can help. Yesterday I drank some flax oil, and it did make me full at dinner time but it made my stomach very upset, so decided since I take fish oil anyway and seem to tolerate them ok, to just take them between meals. I also think my diabetes med, Metformin, is upsetting my stomach since I doubled the dose last year. At first I thought it was something I was eating but lately I've watched my diet and really think it is the med. That's another reason I really hate to add another med.

I have a couple loads in the washer/dryer and am trying to get some housework done. I did about 1/2 my weekly cleaning yesterday so need to finish that. We had a guy assess our rotting roof...he did one side last year but other side needs fixing now. We want Directv to move our two sat dishes to the back side of the house first and then we will make an appt with the roofing guy to do the work next month probably.

Karen31 - Really like your sunroom! We've been talking about doing something with our patio. The roof needs to be redone and we are discussing doing something different. Not sure when it will ever get done though.

Karen3 - I use almond milk often in my mocha. Haven't tried it for anything else though. I buy the unsweetened vanilla and it is only 30 cal/cup. It has more calcium than non-fat milk, but it is supplemented calcium and I wonder if it is absorbed the same.:?: I've heard that about wasp spray too but never thought to tell him, so I will right now before I forget. Thanks.

Donna - again, I want to say I am very sorry for the loss of your pet.

maryea 08-28-2013 01:39 PM

Where is everyone? Out enjoying summer I hope, as it is almost over. Dh just got back from a bike ride. Well, nothing much to say, just checking in to say Good Morning!:)

jess1 08-28-2013 05:16 PM

Hola, Goldens!

Quick check in.... busy here at work today!

Rosey - before I forget: PLEASE remind Laura to go online and tell us how you're doing after you have your surgery on the 30th. Do you have to check in tomorrow night? GOOD THOUGHTS, GOOD THOUGHTS, GOOD THOUGHTS!!

Nothing to report. It's hotter than Hades here yesterday and today, but I SWEAR I can smell Fall in the air! It could be the former scent of catbox, but I don't think so!!!

Everyone, be well.... Later, lovelies!