3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~August Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/285536-%7E%7Eaugust-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Cajunlady165 08-21-2013 10:26 AM

Good morning Goldie's,
Haven't been on in awhile. I've crawled into a hole. Never thought I would have family drama in our family. It's not my boys. It's sisters child but it feels like mine. So much pain and I'm helpless to help. There is nothing I can do to fix this. Just pray for them. I've been doing a lot of emotional eating. I'm out of control. I went to the dollar store last night to pick up a few things for sons house and I went to McDonald's. you think. I hid it too from my husband. I never do that anymore. I sat down to watch tv and what was playing but extreme weight loss show with Chris Powell. I knew I needed to do something or I would be right back to where I was. This morning I got up at 6 and jogged for 20 minutes. I felt so much better. Hopefully I can get back on track.
Oldest son signs papers on his house tomorrow and will be moving out not this weekend but the next. Both my boys will have moved out within 2 months. Hating the empty nest syndrome. I will get over it I know but I'm not liking it so much. We are finished with 2nd sons roof and now are forming up for his concrete.
Not up to personals but hello to all of you. I have been reading post but that's about it. Thinking of all of you.
Hugs
Cajun

maryea 08-21-2013 03:08 PM

Not much (really nothing!) going on this am. I slept in ...I was SO tired yesterday after the kids left!...but dh got up early and went fishing. Our son and his gf came over for dinner last night. I had marinated some steaks and dh grilled them. I sauteed some green beans (garden) and spinach to go with them plus we had rice which I had precooked in broth and we had cantaloupe for dessert. It was all good. The kiddos will be over again this afternoon for a short time as mama has a hair appt. They can also pickup the things they forgot yesterday.;)

We have yellow jackets and wasps everywhere in our yard! Our son found a new nest in the garbage container last night. We have two traps set up...one is working the other not, they are in some plants (ground), the mail box, there was a hive in the rafters of our patio cover and even in a hole in the exterior siding we had already found. Besides the trap we are spraying them. We have had some problems in the past but never this bad. I can hardly work outside and I don't even get the mail anymore as I have already been stung 4 times this summer. They don't bother dh much usually but even he has been stung once this summer. Earlier in the summer we hung plastic bags of water with a penny in them (as we heard about on FB) and it seemed to help keep the flies and bees away while when we had a BBQ but even those aren't working as well recently. Guess they get used to them maybe.:?:

No time for personals this morning as I got up late and my house is a mess from having the kids.

Karen3 08-22-2013 12:50 PM

Hi...just about to leave for last appt this month. I have been checked, prodded, poked, fried, and tested. The joys of old age. Everything so far is negative and don't expect anymore from cardiologist but Rx renewal.

Lynn...anything help? I need the same advise.

Bobbi....Grand plan for car money, but bet you find something else. We never do for ourselves, do we!!!!!

Karen...How is Ginger? Dash is still worried. They can start their own over 50 web site. "Golden Canines"

Cajun.....sighhhh girl what can we tell you, but you can't solve anyone's problems and must stay focused on our own. We understand empty nest and time will heal that and with Grandkids which are much sweeter than kids. You have to get back on track so you can get down and play on the floor. Say a prayer for your niece and leave it in God's hands. Take care of You!

Mary...You are babying sitting and learning the old reason why we had kids when we were young. Love my kids but love when they go home.

Sassy...When will we be coming for your new house party. This a partying bunch!

OMG...have to leave forgot appt....k3

glynne 08-22-2013 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good afternoon GG's,

It is a nice sunny day out today ~ love that sunshine.

I ran some errands, then ran out of energy :o

Had an EGD Tuesday (upper GI endoscope). They found some polyps in my stomach ~ took some out, biopsied a large one. The dr told my husband ~ nothing to worry about, but when they start talking biopsy ~ I can't help but be a little apprehensive.

Stomach is upset a lot of the time. Not sure if it is my stomach med that is not working well, or the new med they started me on for the new diagnosis of Rheumatoid arthritis.

Got to swim yesterday ~ love being in the water.

I escaped for a while ~ pinning on Pinterest.

I saw this one Bobbi ~ and thought of you ~ and your denim creations.

Hope you all are having a good day.

Karen31 08-22-2013 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good Afternoon! It has been awhile since I have been here I guess...Sorry! Everything seems to be busy! We went and bought the paneling for our sunroon this past week. Tim has been busy and got all the siding off the walls inside (that would have been the outside of the house) He put in a couple electrical outlets to use on the outside, one for the pool pump and one for the storage building. I went ahead and took a picture of the paneling before we left Lowes and I think it will look nice in there. It will be verticle. And we are going to paint the ceiling white and with the wood grain in it, it should match up pretty good! Hoping so! I enclosed a pic.

We were supposed to take my Aunt over for more shots today but there was a mix up from the insurance company, plus the Dr. is moving his office so they are going to reschedule that in the next few days.

Ginger is still doing pretty good, she has her ups and downs!! She took her last prednisone this morning. Now she is just taking the Theophylline and Hydrocodone twice a day. I'm just glad that she isn't gasping for air anymore! She will still get short of breath every once in awhile but so much better. Tell Dash, Thanks for asking! And if I set up a Facebook page for "Golden Pets" do you think I would get any takers??? That would be fun. Ginger and Sissy already have their own Facebook page...I could edit it to a new name!

Lynn, warm(room temp) Dr. Pepper and cold pizza always worked for me!!

Cajun, Keep your head up! I just about drove myself crazy, along with a few others here, with my sons problems. Then I finally just said, I gave my advice, you either take it or not, but there is no reason to keep banging my head on the wall!!! Funny thing is--- I feel much better and he is doing much better!! Hard for Moms to realize they aren't in grade school anymore!!

Mary, my grandkids are all in Colorado.... Hug them now while you can. We just had a kidnapping/murder in a town close by us 3 days ago. Family friend picked this little 12 year old girl up in his truck from the park a 1/2 block from her house. Her friends saw it and ran to her Dad who reported it right away. Police picked up the man 90 minutes later, she wasn't with him. They found her body yesterday!! So hug them tighter today!

Sassy, we are anxious to see pictures of your new home!

Better get busy, Just got out of the shower and thought that I would check the computer--- that was an hour ago!!!

Catch you all later

maryea 08-22-2013 05:16 PM

It seems like after babysitting the gc I have to have a while to recover. I'm still very tired plus I didn't sleep well last night. Made up for it somewhat by sleeping in this morning but I still feel tired, stiff and sore. Sometimes after sitting I can hardly move! Dh went to the gym but of course I didn't due to sleeping in. The weather is sure showing signs that summer is almost over. It's still warm...supposed to get to 86 today...but it's just nice outside right now. But most days start out being overcast and I notice it is getting darker sooner now. I enjoyed this summer so much and would like it to go on (except for the yellow jackets!). I still see them flying around but not as many. The gc were with us less than an hour last night but they at least got to pickup the things they'd left here. We will have them again at the end of the month for a night or two.

I spent my morning watching the old Dark Shadows episodes on my computer.
So slow and corny but I still enjoy them and I do other things while I'm watching. Even if I miss a little bit now and then it's no big deal since they are so slow. ;)

Last night we had leftover steak and zucchini (garden) stir-fry. I enjoyed the steak this way even more than I did off the grill! Looks like we will do the same tonight except I'll probably use green beans and tomatoes. Usually I chop up the tomatoes and scatter them over the top after the dish is cooked as dh doesn't like the tomatoes cooked. Both the beans and tomatoes are from our garden. I have so much produce to use up from the garden even with giving away a lot. Dh took a lot over to some friends last night and plans to take more over tonight. I thought about making salsa but then I'll buy chips and eat too many.

Karen31 - You are fixing up your house so nice! I wish we could do more, but somehow I can't get myself to even plan a project as something else always turns up just when I think I'll get it done. Now the other side of our roof needs repair as it has so much dry rot. We only did one side last year as this one wasn't so bad but now it is. We have to have our two Sat dishes moved to the other side of roof because of it. We had also planned to get a security door this month but that may wait. I want a really nice one and so far haven't found the one I want for sure anyway. So glad Ginger is stable. Her gasping for air has to be traumatizing to her and you! Yes our children/grandchildren are so precious and esp today it has become a dangerous world for them. So sad as they should be the ones that are most protected by society.

Glynne - I hope things turn out well with the biopsies...sounds like it is ok though. I understand though...I feel that way too when I hear that word!

Karen3 - I agree..for sure, God knew what he was doing in making an end to the reproductive years! They wear me out and these two are very good children actually.

Cajunlady165 08-23-2013 09:17 AM

Good morning Goldie's

My alarm didn't go off this morning so I didn't get to do my morning jog. I'm hoping to get it in on a little while. Yesterday I saw oldest sons house for the first time. I love it. It's very pretty. He closed on the house so it's officially his. He wasn't supposed to move in until 2 more weeks but informed me that he's off Sunday night so he will move Sunday. Sigh. 2 more days and my nest will be empty. Happy and sad and proud. I'm very thankful we've raised 2 fine young men. They both work hard and manage their money very well. I have a lot to be thankful for in this world we live in today. So many kids today go on the wrong road.
We live out of town in a rural area and have been break ins all around us. They are breaking in during the day. Stealing mostly cash and jewelry. We had a prowler in our autos about a year and a half ago. Since then dh doesn't sleep good at all. We camp every weekend from October to march but usually one or the other boys were home. Now that they are in their own homes the house will be empty on weekends. I worry a lot. We are thinking about getting one of those heavy gun safes to put on to put valuables in but they cost about 1200.00 for a big one. Our friends were robbed twice recently and she was telling me they put in a security system about 600.00. I thought they cost 3500.00. I'm thinking very hard about putting one in our home instead if the safe.

Have a happy weekend ladies.

Hugs
Cajun

maryea 08-23-2013 05:09 PM

Guess I picked up a bug some how...not sure if its food poisoning for some kind of flu but I've not felt right today. I've been very tired but just thought it was from babysitting but maybe it was this. I got a good night sleep last night, woke up early and went to the gym, but before I got there I realized all was not well. I did all my usual except didn't do any weight machines. Then we did some grocery shopping...and I got so sick I ask dh to check out and went to the car, and threw up on the way, right in the parking lot! Very unusual for me. Still had more shopping (another store) to do but wasn't up for it so came home to rest. Despite not feeling well, I was still hungry. My bs was pretty good so I ate 1/4 of a mini-peach pie, dh had bought and it actually helped, but I am still kinda nauseous, achy and very tired. Tonight's dinner will be vegetable soup, celery with pb and maybe a little chicken. At least that's MY plan, not sure whether dh will go for it.

Cajun, sounds like you've raised great sons...now's the time for them to be on their own. That's the way it is, we raise them to be independent then feel sad when they are. You're are lucky they will still be nearby. This has been the best summer every since our son has moved nearby!

Karen3 08-23-2013 06:32 PM

Cajun....we have both a gun safe and alarm system. Alarm system first and it wasn't until we got the safe that I felt better. We want to travel I put my jewelry and stuff in there. Only thing is it doesn't float so hurricanes means packing up the stuff. k3

maryea 08-24-2013 01:38 PM

Got another good nights sleep and feeling better this morning. Dh got up early and went to the men's breakfast at church and I got up about the time he got home.;) He's already bought gas and is now mowing the lawn. What an energetic guy! I hope to get more done today than I did yesterday which was really nothing except for the gym. The sun is out and it's looks like a nice, warm day.
A few more days of summer.

Cajun/Karen3 - We have a security system...we got it when we started traveling down south for three months a year and even though we are no longer doing that I would never want to not have it now. We had a few times when someone rang our doorbell at night and disappeared...may have just been a prank but we thought they may have been trying to draw us out. I have always hated guns but when our son heard about it, he insisted we take one of his guns and dh seems to feel better having it, so now we are thinking about getting a gun safe. I'd prefer one that you can open only with your finger print. Then I would feel better about keeping the gun handy. I still hate/fear guns but crime is getting so bad and esp against the elderly. My dh also always keeps a baseball bat and pepper spray near the bed...he didn't tell me but I found them when cleaning...so I know now that he is older and weaker he feels a need for more ways to protect us and I understand even though personally I have never felt that need. I realize though that to a great extent this is because I have depended on him too.

akrosey49 08-24-2013 02:11 PM

Morning every one. a beautiful sunny day here,however when i was up early i felt frost in the air. sheeesh not ready for winter yet :( :(its been a busy few days. trying to get every thing orgainized befor we leave for anch next week. also dealing with steves mom. the assisted living shes at is closing and we need to move her. she really needs 24 nursing care so we have spot in a local nursing home. however shes run out of funds and we are trying to wade thru the montains of paperwork to get her qualified for assistance. and her dementia is worse every day.

maryea.sry you have been feeling ugh,hope todays better

cajun,i was an un happy empty nester when my girls left home,it got easier but now im an empty grand kid nester :dizzy: and it feels the same,i know how you feel :hug:

K3 we have 357 security :dizzy: we live in a rural area but our road get lots of traffic,i never used to lock my doors but do so now.

Bobbie your house looks so nice,i envey the newness

K 31 glad ginger is some better we love our fur babys

lynn did you try the sf candy?

glynn hows the job hunting going? by the way that dress you made for maddie was really cute

Jess :hug: to you you are a good listner ;)

sassy i want pictures too:)

well should stir my stumps and do something constructive today,hope your weekends peaceful and low calorie :hug: rosey :wave:

jess1 08-24-2013 03:41 PM

Quick Hola, Goldens!

I had the urge to make homemade chickie soup, so it's simmering on the stove, smells good. I guess Fall must be in the air here, too!

Had a lovely day so far. My JackOfAllTrades nephew came over at 9 and did a couple of light bulb electrical things and then rolled my car out of the garage. It took him approximately 8 seconds to diagnose the problem and approximately another 12 seconds to fix it! This is the car that spent 3 days at the CarDoc's (and cost me $250 for a rental!), and they couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from... (it was apparently just my female insanity). I'm so glad it's fixed! I prayed every time I got in and heard it grinding away!!

I'm reading today. Got Barb's house closed on Wednesday, so my weekends are MINE, all MINE, again! It's pretty nice, dontcha know?

Rosey - I'll be thinking very good thoughts for you... and for your travails with MIL, too! The timing sucks, doesn't it? Good thoughts, good thoughts!

Everyone - I'm heading back to my book. Hope you're all well (Lynn - any luck????) and that you're enjoying your weekend. Later, lovelies!

Karen3 08-24-2013 08:06 PM

Evening all...just passing thru...When they installed the safe we choose not to bolt to the floor. So if you see anyone lugging an 800 lb safe out of our garage please call the police and an ambo!

Rosey...hope you get everything taken care of so you can just focus on YOU. Is the 29th the actually OR day?

ice is calling me...achy joints...night k3

akrosey49 08-24-2013 10:17 PM

Hi everyone steve and his brother went fishing this aftnoon and we are having fresh salmon for dinner yummy :D K3 my surg is on the 30th but need a preop on the 29th in anchorage. thankyou all for the good wishes. im nervous and excited at the same time. ttfn rosey :wave:

Bobbolink 08-25-2013 04:10 PM

The blue jean place mats are cute Glynne!

Thinking and praying Rosey!

:wave: :wave: :wave: