Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #46  

Hi everyone. its been crazy at my house,finally had a moment to myself. steve's at the dr office to get his stitches out. he REALLY likes all the special attention he gets when hes under the weather,hmmm now whose fault is that also his mom has been needing us to help calm her down,poor thing is always confused and not in the real world any more. and she gets agressive and angry,her dr wont persrcibe any meds to calm her down. weve made an apt to rediscuss whats best for her. then last nite I lost my balance getting into the shower and fell. nothing like a visit from those good looking paramedics to get me back on my feet,lots of bruises and sore all over today. just when i think i can let the walker go and switch to a cane something happens to remind me thats not going to happen. and then i weighed today and guess what i gained 5 # so all that stress eating this weekend was the result. no more of that.other than that im peachy ,and how are you all sry for the rant just knew you all would understand rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 07-09-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #47  

Height: 5'3"

I'm having a lazy day although I did go to the gym this morning. Just went to bed late last night and I'm tired. Also I'm going with dh to his eye doctor this afternoon and when I feel like I'm going out, I'm reluctant to start anything..sill I guess...but at least that's my excuse. When I got home from the gym I took a pampering bath, felt so good and then lay down for a while, but didn't sleep. It's been really hot here.

Our son came over for his workout with dad but it was really too hot so stopped a little earlier and had dinner with us. I did ok with my eating....ended the day at 1423. I did have some sunflower seeds in the evening and regretted that later...because of the salt and the calories and because it was late in the evening and I knew it was just eating for the taste, but overall I did well. At dinner I didn't eat any rice...just chicken breast (frozen and already seasoned) and my stir-fried veggies and I was fine with that.

Today my bs was a little higher than yesterday, but before lunch it was down to 126 which is really good for me! So I know it's responding to my eating less at least. I was really hungry at the time too...for so long it's been hard for me to know when I'm truly hungry as I lost that feeling a long time ago. When dieting (per a program) now and then it has come back a little but not enough. I notice now when I'm hungry I feel sick...no growling tummy...just feel like I'm going to throw up or pass out. LOL You'd think my bs would be very very low but it never is. But I felt like I was starving and my lunch tasted SO good! I did have another dizzy spell Sunday (you may remember a few months ago I had a couple), figured I just got up too fast but when I took my bp it was fine and my bs was as usual. So not sure what's up with that.

Rosey - You can "rant" all you want...we do understand. Sorry about your fall (must have hurt!) and the weight gain, but it's not too much, and I'm sure as disciplined as you in your eating, you'll lose it again. It does get tiresome though, doesn't it, always having to work at it! Sounds like your dh has had quite enough attention and needs to give you a break.

Cajun - Don't know whether this tip will help or not, but in the Trim Healthy Moms book they say each meal should be either a carb meal or a fat meal. This is to avoid the rush of insulin which they say makes you gain. And each meal should have a lean protein as the core. So either have a carb (up to 45 gm), lean protein, and low fat (1 t.), or have a fat (until full but not stuffed) protein and low carb (7-15 gm). They recommend eating every 21/2 to 3 hours but you are to wait 3 hours between two fat meals or maybe it's 3 hours between a fat and a carb meal...Oh dear, It's a little hard to get the mind around it but it does seem to work, even though I don't stick to it consistently. But it might be worth a try, if you are not already doing it. Also now and then you can have a lean protein meal (almost no carbs or fat)...they call that a protein pull. That's why I was drinking those Fat Eating Frappas a while back. I got sick of them, but have to admit they did help with the weight loss. I think Jess posted the recipes once. As I remember it was just cocoa, unsweetened protein powder and fiber and ice all blended up. You can use Stevia or any sweetener (no sugar) to make it taste better. My PB mocha does not fit their plan and I don't want to give it up. I'm like that about some things.

Last edited by maryea; 07-09-2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: to add more/correct
Old 07-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #48  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Rosey ~ I'm so sorry for your fall. I hope the soreness goes away quickly.

Hello to everyone else.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #49  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick check in...
Rosey - I hope Steve is pampering YOU, since you are bruised and battered! Be careful!

Gayle - how are your wrists and hands? Are you still on for the rheumatologist on the 17th? What about work? Are you on Family Leave or are you trying to work? And did they adjust the hours? How's DD? And? And?

Cajun - hang in there!

Lynn - the same...

Nothing to report. All is status quo. I'm taking a week's vacay next week (and am NOT telling my family!), am planning to get Barb's house listed on Monday, am hoping to get to my own house and lawn... but probably I'll just sit around in a fog of stink... and gork. Maybe not, though!

Be well, all.... later, lovelies!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #50  

Hope you're all having a nice day. We just got home from the gym and are resting now. My bs is really coming down...not "normal normal" yet but I'm seeing many more that are "diabetic normal." I ended yesterday with 1544 cal which should still be ok. I had a bit more dinner than I should have carbwise but otherwise ok. I know I will never be perfect but I'm learning. My goals now are to never go over on carbs at any meals and eat snacks only if I am truly hungry because right now it appears I can't handle them and I feel sure I get enough nutrition from my three meals. I forgot to take my bs this morning but my bs after breakfast and work-out was not bad.

Breakfast was my pb mocha made with almond milk and 1/2 apple. Lunch will be cottage cheese, 2 crackers and fruit. Edited: I ended up having carrots instead of fruit. ;-)

Dh will have surgery for glaucoma on the 25th. They said he has a 90% chance it will work but it will still take 2-3 years before his loss of vision in that eye will stop. Not totally encouraging esp in light of the fact that he has a couple complications left from his cataract surgery but his doctor says he can work with them, he knows what to do and the way it is he has already lost some vision and the meds are not helping, so likely he will lose more vision anyway. Looking at it that way, the sooner the better with the surgery. His age could be a factor too...but hopefully he has many more years...since he is in relatively good health and people are living longer these days. So we hope we are making the right decision. They have found only the brand name drugs (esp with one) really help the healing best to the point that it often has to be redone with people who take the generic! The nurse said the drugs can cost $250 each and he may need 2 or 3 bottles of at least one of them but we were happy to find out with our insurance they will only cost $39 for two bottles. So thankful for good insurance.

Jess - I'm glad you're taking some time off. I know I'd hate to be working at my age and feel sorry for all you who are still working...even though most of you are younger than me.

Last edited by maryea; 07-10-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #51  

Hi everyone. a very pretty day here. i spent some time on the deck reading after i blessed my house with chores steve seems to be some better and my bruises are very colorful,im still sore and moving slow. i made calico beans and macaroni salad and bq meat balls this morning,its nice to have stuff ready as i like to gork in the evenings.Maryea i admire your faithfully exercising,wish i did that too. i have good entensions but there always seems to be a "but" esp with me. Jess hope you get to do some fun things on your vacation too,im sure its still painful for you to deal with your sisters house and such hoping your evenings peaceful, rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
chix breast
1/2 cup grapes

snack
coffee mocha smoothie

dinner
meat balls
beans
sliced cukes and tomatoes
Old 07-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all Just got back from eye doc and after having a bunch of different drops can't see well. You all are blurry! Will check back later for personals when eyes work and 3FC's let me post.....arrrrrrgh! k3
Old 07-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies
Ds is going out to the lake with friends for the weekend so we won't be working on his building. Yesterday we decided we were going to the camp too this weekend. While we were at wal mart getting a few things for the weekend some friends called and invited us to go with them to Toledo bend. It's a huge lake between Texas and Louisiana. About 2 1/2 to 3 hours away. I asked for Friday off so we will be leaving this afternoon after work. We just made this decision last night so I've been busy packing. They don't want us to bring nothing but I would never go without anything. I made a dessert and will pick up a few things. There goes another weekend of temptation. But it will be nice to have a 3 day weekend.

Too much to do for personals but I will be back on Monday. Have a good weekend ladies.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 07-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #54  

I'm kinda lazy today...dh went fishing early this am and still isn't home but should be soon. So I slept in, no gym. And what did I do when I did get up? I watched a movie! Not at all usual for me, but Netflix send me an email about their series...Orange is the New Black....and I was interested since my son works in a prison. It is funny, some bad language although not as bad as many movies...and I have to admit I enjoyed it mainly because of the main character's acting and the idea of her adjusting to prison life. So that has gotten my day off to a very slow start. I was thinking to do some shopping but so far haven't gotten out of the house. Supposed to be about 75 today, so a nice day and I should get out.

My weight continues to go down slowly. I ended yesterday with 1363 calories. My bs was higher this am but still less than it was before I started reining myself in. Still it makes me wonder whether I can eat anything in the evening. I had a sugar free pudding cup 1/2 way through the evening. Or maybe I should have waited until bedtime to have it...(sigh) so many things to think about with diabetes but I feel this time I will never go back to my regular eating like I did in the past. There is simply too much at stake now. I continue to see that timing is extremely important...I ate lunch a little too early today. I hope that doesn't mess me up too badly on my bs this afternoon. Lots to think about as you who are diabetics know...Rie has always been a good example to me and I think I'm beginning to come around to her way of eating how ever slowly it has taken me...;0

Did I tell you all I won an ipad case? I'm happy about it as my kindle screen appears to slowly be going bad on me and I soon may have to switch to using my ipad at the gym. So glassy and I'm afraid might get broken! I have a case right now but it is the kind with a keyboard so I'm hoping the new case will be easier to take to the gym if/when I have to.

Cajun - Good luck with your weekend eating. It is so difficult sometimes I know. We are going to a BBQ Saturday...my first challenge since my doctor visit and my diabetic restart. I think I am taking a tropical fruit salad. I hope to stick with mostly protein and veggies but I figure better to have a little fruit salad than many things that will likely be there.

Well dh just came home and I need to act busy. LOL

Last edited by maryea; 07-11-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #55  
Want to feel better

Good morning GG's,

Hanging in there. I have to survive today and Tuesday (work days) then Wednesday finally is the rheumatologist appointment. I hope she can do something and end this flare up. Hopefully fairly quickly ~ enough is enough of this already.

I had MRI's Wednesday and Thursday of my wrists. I go Monday to the ortho doc to see what was found and what the plan is to help that problem.

Donna ~ I am in pain all the time. It is just that some days the pain is a little less. The hardest days are the ones where I can barely walk. I did get approved for FMLA. I try to work when I can. No news yet on rather the boss was able to get the secretary hours changed.

As far as DD, things have been a little quieter with scum boy. I suspect it is because she is communicating with him even though she is not supposed to be. But by doing so, it has calmed things down so it seems. I have just had to try to work on myself and scold me and remind me that all my worrying doesn't change anything or help anything and the stress from that has put me in this pain mess. I still care about DD, DS and hope things turn out ok, but I have to take care of myself. All the worrying/stressing has made me sick. I just can't do it anymore. What ever happens, happens. I have to let go and let God, and have faith that however it turns out ~ He knows best. A really hard thing for me to do, but I have to if I am gonna survive.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Take care
Old 07-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

JC yesterday - lost 1 of the 2 lbs I had gained last week. Today, my df and I are going to the Phil Art Museum for a special preview presentation of their next exhibit. Because we have hit so much traffic the last few times we went into the city, we decided to take the train this time. I have a station in my town. We will give this a try and see how it goes.

Lynn
Old 07-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #57  

Congrats on losing the pound Lynn, I lost ALMOST a pound this week...LOL..I lost .93#. Well, I'll take it and my sig shows it as a pound down. Now to keep it off. I still have a long way to go to even get down to where I was in Nov (for a brief time) 155 and even longer to get where I was after the Medifast diet..151, but I still hope to get there again. Doc says even a 10# loss could help with the diabetes. I'll admit I'm doubtful about that but I'd still like to lose the weight for other reasons. Yesterday I did ok on calories..1403...and my carbs were fine, but I had two snacks and I think I can't do that. The first snack was a few samples at Costco and I forgot all about them, and had a small snack last night. My bs were high all day (even before the snacking). I keep learning and trying..it could be I need to cut even further back on carbs (I'm still going by what the dietician told me when I was first diagnosed) and eat more like Rie and Lynn. Edited because they both have been good examples to me!

It's a beautiful day again today...suppose to get to 75 but is only 59 per my phone right now...but sunny. Dh went fishing again and I slept in so don't think I'm going to the gym today..i have other things to do and have already started my exercises here at home. Dieting is easier when I get more exercise though. I always try to get 3-5 days at the gym and I did get 3 in this week at least. Dh wants to get as much fishing time in as he can before his surgery.

Glynne - So sorry about your pain! It makes me hurt to think about it. Is it possible for you to work part-time or do you only get benefits if you work full-time?

Take care you all....enjoy summer.

Last edited by maryea; 07-12-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: to correct/add more.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #58  

The public transportation into Philly to the Art Museum was fantastic. One dollar for all-day parking at the train station lot - one dollar each way on the train - free to take the trolley from the train station in Philly to & from the art museum. It was fun - kind of like being on vacation.

Ate at the museum. Had a lobster frittata with veggies & 1/2 a whole wheat roll. VERY good.

Lynn
Old 07-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
I am in pain all the time. It is just that some days the pain is a little less. The hardest days are the ones where I can barely walk. I did get approved for FMLA. I try to work when I can.
Hi Gayle,

My sister had terrible pain from RA. She took something like - methotrexate and it REALLY cut down on the pain. Has anyone talked with you about this option?

Lynn
Old 07-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #60  
Want to feel better

Lynn,

I have never had this before to need to ask anyone. I have an appointment Wednesday with a rheumatologist ~ hopefully she can figure out how to help me.
Closed Thread