Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Today is a sad day for us. They lay to rest a dear lil boy. I'm praying so hard for those 2 parents to have strength to get thru this day and each and every day from now. Thanks for all y'all prayers.
Saturday afternoon right before dark dh and I had gone fishing for awoke and were coming home and there was a guy walking with a backpack on his back. He was so messed up he could barely walk. Staggering all over the road. He was approaching the highway. Dh said probably mess up on drugs and liquor. I thought a minute. You know the law picking him up and sobering him up would do no good because he would do it again BUT some innocent person could hit himand would have to live with himself. I then got my cell and called the sheriffs office and they were sending a unit to get him. I felt a whole lot better. That might be the way he chooses to live his life but doesn't mean an innocent person has to should they hit him.
We just about finished with ds's roof. We just have the flashing left. Then we move on to forming up to pour his concrete.
Saturday morning ds's gf picked me up in her new auto and we went shopping. She was hit from behind last week at a red light. The girl was testing and was looking down and didn't see her stop for the light. The air bag sprang her wrist and that's about all. She was very lucky he didn't shove her into the truck in front of her. Her car was a little bug is what we call them. I guess it's really called volts wagon. It's time for things to settle down here. Phew.
Ok as for the weekend I stayed on plan. Very proud of myself. I had a lot of temptations but stuck to it. Yay me.

Karen3 happy happy birthday to you. Your dh too. Hope your day was wonderful. Now to the nagging posse. I don't think it's fair that Mary gets away with her overeating and I can't. Hmm I see favoritism. Mary you're very lucky. Lol. Karen we have 2 4 wheelers here and we ride them here on the farm and we use them for hunting but we ride them very careful. Never on the road. Our ds's have always used then too but with sense. We know even driving them in the pasture there could be holes in the grass that you can't see and you will flip in a heartbeat. Dh's brother was killed in an auto accident at 18 and dh has preached to our sons about speed and safety all their lives and they knew the 4 wheeler would be taken from them until they learned their lesson if they were caught driving fast.
Hope you are feeling better. Don't mean to sound inconsiderate but Just remember there are people worse off than us. I feel like my life has passed me by always being fat and why didn't I do something earlier when it would have been easier to do.

Donna good luck with the inspection. I would love to take that bed off your hands. Just beautiful.

Karen31 I hope your Ginger gets to feeling better. Pets become part of the family and it's hard to see them sick.

Sassy I'm looking forward to getting to know you. These ladies are awesome. Even though they don't let you get away with messing up on your diet. They start hollering and gettin out that Rollin pin. Watch out. I'm glad you are getting better from your mouth ordeal. You have a lot on your plate right now with moving and starting a new life without your dd next to you it will be a big change but we are hear for you when you need. We rant and rave laugh and cry. Sometimes brag too. Nothing we've never heard. It's what makes this group so special. Welcome!!!!

Rosey we have thunderstorms all the time. I hate the lightening that come with the thunder. Very strange to me that y'all never get thunderstorms. It's funny how things that happen around you don't happen to different parts of the US.

Be back later........
Hugs
Cajun
Old 07-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #137  
Sassy

S/C/G: 220/188/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy birthday, Karen, and thanks to all for the warm welcome.

I worked hard packing yesterday -- still have quite a bit to get thru, but have another week, so should be a piece of cake.

This morning, I have an appt. with the dentist who made my original obturator and is in the process of doing the final one. I was in last week to fit the basic framework and it feels so much less cumbersome than the current one. I am still probably 2-3 weeks away from getting it, but can't wait.

I am so sorry about your neighbor, Cajun. We had a bad run here a month or two ago. My youngest grandson was out with friends and decided he was tired and had to work the next morning, so had them drop him off. The two boys were in separate cars and were best friends and started racing about a half mile from our house and one of them lost control, crashed and died. My grandson was devastated, but I am so glad he came home before. About the same time, an old friend that I had worked with for 40 years died of pancreatic cancer, another younger work friend lost her college aged daughter to a diabetic coma, while she was away at school and my ex brother in law died from a long bout with cancer. Most of my life had been relatively charmed with very little death or serious illness around. This all came just after my cancer issue, so made me feel luckier with mine and like I really can't complain.

My daughter's boyfriend is moving in here as soon as I am gone. He isn't sure whether he will try to rent or sell his house. They have been dating for 4-5 years and have known each other since they were about 8 or 9. He was my nephew's best friend -- lived two house away from my sister's family, but claims that he though she was a little blond boy until she grew boobs. They were around each other off and on into young adulthood, but things didn't take off until they were almost 40.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #138  

Height: 5'3"

We will be going back to the doctor in a little bit for dh's second post-op visit. He seems to be doing well. He says he can even read better but yet his peripheral vision doesn't seem to have changed (it's not supposed to, and actually is expected to decline for 2-3 years before the benefits of surgery kick in), but he swears he can see better since the surgery otherwise. I am trying to keep an eye on him because he wants to get back to bending over etc. He tries to be good but I worry about him.

Our dd and her bf came this morning to pick up our grandson. We have sure enjoyed him even though it was a brief visit. We were glad our son got to do things with him that we couldn't. And Sat was a fun day with everyone here.

We got up early as our dd expected to get here by 8...it was more like 9 but they visited with us for a few minutes at least. I had the family room dusted and vacuumed before they got here, but didn't get to the glass cleaning/dusting. I did the bathrooms when I first got up. Also got the kitchen quickly vacuumed and watered the back yard. Will have to do the rest of my "home blessing" when we get back from the doctors.

My hair is long enough for rollers now (although some parts are a little short and escape). Not sure how long I'll be able to stand it but I'm using the sticky rollers with no clips so it's pretty easy. I tend to get this big fluffy head of hair though and I'm not used to it!

Ok, gotta go turn off the sprinkler and water a few plants before we leave for the doctors. You all have a good day. Supposed to be 81 today but so far it's just pleasant out there.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #139  

Quiet peaceful sunny day here. hope your's is too. Rosey
Old 07-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #140  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good bye July....hello August.

I posted the August thread just now in case I forget later today. The crows in the woods wake us up so early every day, I can hear them cawing right now. Where's my BB gun.

I need to get a birthday card made next, MIL's 93rd birthday today. I think I'll just buy her a birthday cupcake to take over, too hot to bake.

I posted some pictures on the August thread of our dining room. Can't remember if I posted them before. August 18th we'll get our hardwood floor installed upstairs in the loft, can't wait.

Bruce runs the dust mop over all the floors daily, unbelievable how much of Charlie's hair accumulates every day. I could knit a sweater! He loves not vacuuming anymore, no carpet anywhere in the house except for rugs by front and back doors.

Bruce purchased another Harley Davidson motorcycle, the rat. That's the last thing he's going to buy. But we're in our Golden years and if that makes him happy, so be it.

See ya in August.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #141  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Closed Thread