June Golden Girls

You're on Page 4 of 12
Go to
  • Rosey - could you expand on your recipe for the egg/veggie muffins? I make an egg casserole every week, and I get tired of the same breakfast. There are (conservatively!) 8,062 recipes when I searched for "egg/veggie muffins from the eggface site". I couldn't find anything ON their site! Thanks....... Of course, duh!, I could just put the casserole mix into a muffin pan, couldn't I? I'd still like your recipe, please.

Busy day yesterday... I'm baking CC cookies for my bro who's heighing off for a 10-day RV trip. He and his wife have been so helpful with the clearing of Barb's house. I couldn't have done it all myself, or, at least, I'd still be at the "OMG, now what???" stage. I verbally hired a realtor yesterday, and she thinks it should move quickly. She thinks (ha!) that we can be ready in a couple of weeks to get it on the market. We really need a truck to haul stuff away; this crap of a couple of bags to the dumpster each trip out there is such a hassle. Plus, the fact that I have NO time for this is making it all more difficult.

I'm looking forward to a day or two to MYSELF! I'm not only going to gork, but I'm going to go incommunicado!

Lynn - just saw your post, as we passed in the night... Good luck with Jenny Craig!

Hope your weekend is going well!
  • Hi golden Girls -

I did slip back into my black hole for a little while. Future DIL managed to stun me with an icy, rude comment to me. Next day I get this email from my sone berating me! He is such I whipped wienie. It's like he's Charlie McCarthy sitting on her lap. He never realizes that things are wrong until they get home and she tells him so. I'm coming out of the black hole. I'm buying dresses and shoes on line for the wedding. They make it very easy to return.

And, I am very committed to losing as much weight as possible. The furture MIL is about a size 2. I want to feel good about myself. I have to lose 10 but am aiming for 20.

On June 5 went down to the American Girl Doll store to buy youngest great niece her doll on her 5th birthday. We had lunch. It was so much fun.

I now wish to avoid DS and his fiancee as much as possible. I just wqnt to get through it with as much dignity as possible. I do think DH and I will have a lot of fun at the rehersal dinner and wedding with all our friends.

Hope all is well with all of you! Hugs!
  • Hi everyone.had a deliteful day garage saleing with my dd and grdd. only got some pot sitter ceramic birds for my kitchen window planters and a lg baggie of small stuffed toys for the dogs. spent atotal of 1.00 lol im a big spender. but had alot of laughs. now im home veging and watching falling sky's premier show. jess, i really dont have arecipe for the egg muffins,i just crack 8 eggs in a bowl and whisk,then add chopped ham,green pepper,onion and cheese. salt and pepper sometimes i add 2 T pancake mix,as the eggface website recipes call for it but not really necessary,spray muffin pan with pam and fill 3/4 full till goop runs out then bake at 350 till set.imagine you could use other vegies and meat combos. i'll bet your egg cassarole would work too. they freeze well. Deelee glad to hear from you i'm sry that your future dil is so mean to you maybe she will a mature in time. hello to allthe rest of you and hope your weekend was deliteful too rosey

breakfast
    coffee
    1/2 c cottage cheese with fruit ( 100 cal)

lunch
    lo carb tortilla wrap with turkey,lettuce and cheese sm amt of ranch dressing

snack
    coffee mocha

dinner
    potatoe,gr pepper onion,ham hash
    1 egg
  • Hi Everyone,

Today, I got back up to 1 hour exercising at the gym. I think I will go back and do an hour of water aerobics later today.

So far, I am eating in a MUCH more healthy manner. Eat salad and fruit everyday.

VERY rainy here today. Hope everyone has a happy and healthy day.

Lynn
  • Quote: sorry...no pictures until we get the kitchen finished. We purchased the back splash yesterday, have to wait for carpenter to put it up. Still have some cabinet pieces missing, mop boards not on yet and painting around new windows yet to do. Thanks for asking and I'll think about the heads hitting Bruce. How much do ya think I can get for those monster mounts?
    Mary...lucky you don't have to look at fish on the wall.
    Cajun...I'm going to make a stink about those heads until he at least puts them in better places. The room is large, he could have put one here, one there. Nope....lined up like they're waiting to use the restrooms. I'll sneak a picture tomorrow if I get a chance and show you what I'm looking at, ugliness.
    Thanks K3
    Hi Bobbi,

Missing you. What's up?

Lynn
  • My weight was up more than 2# after the weekend away eating in restaurants and snacking too much. But now I'm back to my eating plan so hopefully it will drop quickly. Also got back to the gym today finally (after about 3 weeks!). I walked a mile, rode the hand bike 6 min (rotating directions) and rode the stationary bike 15 min at 10. Didn't do weight machines as I felt kinda dizzy after those. Have to work my way back into it yet again..

Dh lost his phone last Friday so today we plan to shop for another one. That plus I need a haircut are my goals for today but may not get them both done. Otherwise I need to clean house. It's the day I change sheets and bless my home with a few min of cleaning in each room.

Breakfast was two fried lightly, then steamed til done eggs. It was ok but I'm not a big egg eater. Felt gassy and uncomfortable all morning. So far I'm not liking the recipes in the THM book. I'll have to adapt my own.

Rosey - Your egg muffins sound very much like the Protein muffins in the THM book. I didn't like them but I maybe I should try them again with your combination of ingredients. They said you can fill them with anything. It's the protein we're after, the other things are just healthy fillers.

Deelee - If you want to lose weight for yourself that's great but don't do it for/because of someone else. You are fine just the way you are and don't need to change for them. I encourage you to be confident in the way you are.
    The older I get the more I realize that to change for someone else only gives them power over me that they shouldn't have. They probably don't even realize it...I am doing it to myself.
  • Evening all...I am bridgeless for a week and bored silly. I have finished 3 of the jigsaw puzzles and after starting the 4th realize I have done this same picture before. Regular partner had oral surgery and won't leave the house until she has a tooth back in place.

Made Rie's cauliflower patties and BQ a loin pork chop for dinner. Plus a salad of fresh tomatoes with lime basil ff/fs dressing. I could lick the plate clean to get every drop of that dressing. Thinks it's the lime that grabs me.

Got DH 2 Marine Corps windsocks for Father's Day. He hangs them up for special holidays and noticed one was getting pink instead of red. Definitely
    not USMC color.

OMG I hate spellcheck....it pops up constantly. Rie's isn't a word....ff/sf blows it's little mind. Ha you know I'm old when here I am yelling at my pc!

Well back to the puzzle or kindle or tv...yawn....personals tomorrow. k3
  • Another great day in alaska,my day was busy with a trip to town. its nice to know the butcher,as she told me she had just put out some reduced meats,30% off is abig savings and we took all of it,pork chops,steak,and a roast. we grilled the steak tonite and it was wonderful. i worked on my 2nd hand dolls today. cut out the cradel for one and started to sew it. did some laundry and played with the dogs on the deck. Pepper has learned to climb onto my lap and boy is she proud lol. i made a diet pizza for lunch,i used locarb ww tortilla for the crust. i figured out the calories for one with chix,ranch dressing,green peppers,onion,1 T bacon bits,black olives and cheese, iwas trying to imatate the ones i bought ready made at wallmart.(chix bacon ranch pizza) anyways the calories are

tortilla 60
    cheese 80
    ranch dressing lite 60
    bacon bits 25
    chix 1/4 c chopped 125
    vegies onion,green pepper and olives( i didnt count as it was such a small amount)
    i sprayed a cookie sheet with pam and baked at 450 till browned even mr cranky liked it. lo carb,lofat and yummy. thought i'd share. hope your day was great too. rosey

breakfast
    coffee
    1/2 c cottage cheese with fruit( it comes in a container allready portioned with the fruit and c cheese in seperate parts)

lunch
    pizza
    iced tea

snack
    nada

dinner
    grilled steak
    salad
    tereaki noodels 1/2 c
  • Hi girls...I finished unpacking the loft and put up pictures yesterday. Floor guy is going to give us an estimate on putting hardwood floors up there. Yesterday the floor guy installed Hickory hardwood floor in the big family room. Beautiful! Today we have to move all the furniture back in, I have laundry to do and banking this morning. The basement is so crammed with unpacked boxes, I'm missing a whole bunch of stuff. Bruce just asked for our furniture oil and dust cloths, where are they?
  • Hi Everyone,

I have been having a LOT of pain in my foot. Saw podiatrist today. I have a really BIG bone spur. She gave me 2 shots of cortisone. Just hanging out today with ice on my toe.

Lynn
  • Had a good workout today. Felt good to be back to my full routine. Seems like we have been so busy recently. I still haven't started the video transfers. Also didn't get any house cleaning done yesterday so it's been since Friday. Yesterday we got dh a new phone and I spent so much time on that...they put the wrong number in his phone..they put mine in...and I just noticed it last night. Then they gave me the wrong instructions, and it ended up deactivating his phone. He was not happy. So today we took it back and got it corrected. Amazing how we depend on these phones!

My weight is dropping back down again but 1# to go to get back to where I was. I have to be more consistent...I let every trip, every restaurant meal etc. get me off-track. Breakfast today was oatmeal, with cinnamon, flax meal and 1 t. nf milk. AM snack was my pb mocha made with almond milk. Dinner will be potato soup with 5 crackers and salad or some other veggie.

Lynn - Oh, the bone spur sounds painful! Hope it's better soon.
    Bobbi - Moving is quite the adventure, isn't it?!! I can't wait to see a picture of that floor...bet it is really beautiful! Happy for you!
    Rosey & Karen3 - Both your meals sound so good, you made me hungry!
  • Quote: Lynn - Oh, the bone spur sounds painful! Hope it's better soon.
    Thank you, Mary. I REALLY hate to always be posting about illnesses, sadness, worry. My favorite saying is "Worse things have happened to nicer people."

My goal for the rest of the week is to post "happy/positive" messages.

Lynn
  • Thank you Lynn for that thought. That is why I have been hardly posting lately. I keep feeling bad when I whine about things, because along the lines of what you said ~ even though things in our family seem like an impossible situation right now ~ others are or have gone through way worse.
  • Quote: Thank you Lynn for that thought. That is why I have been hardly posting lately. I keep feeling bad when I whine about things, because along the lines of what you said ~ even though things in our family seem like an impossible situation right now ~ others are or have gone through way worse.
    Hi Gayle,

You and I have often been in the same place at the same time. Hopefully, things will soon be looking up for both of us.

Lynn
  • Hi,a very quiet day here with steve in anchorage. and its still beautiful out,but boy is this a year for mosquitos. Glynne and Lynn ,am sorry that you have alot on your plate. one of the nicest things about this group is being able to share your thoughts.so if you need to vent or apat on the back or ahuge hug im here and so are the other members.so heres ahuge from me to you rosey

breakfast
    coffee

lunch
    tortilla steak wrap,with salad

snack
    coffee mocha
    1/2 banana,2 T crunchy pbutter 1 graham cracker all smooshed together very yummy

dinner
    moose stew