May Golden Girls

You're on Page 9 of 14
Go to
  • another quiet day,i worked on the prayer shawl, read my book A woman of Substance by Barbara Taylor Bradford a reread for me but do like the story. did the dishes and made a nice dinner. steve's cont to be grouchy,i swear if i could drive i'd run away. grrrr. tomorrow another fresh day. rosey

breakfast
    coffee
    1 egg,slice of ham

lunch
    turkey rolled in lettuce leaves with alittle mayo
    iced tea

snack
    coffee mocha
    protein bar

dinner
    baked chix
    brocollii rice cassarole
  • Good morning goldies
    I'm still at war. Scale is not budging. But neither am I.
    Either today or tomorrow the electric company is finally coming to put poles and transformer for power. Saturday bil is coming to hook up wires to panel box. The are coming today to shoot elevation of house or flood insurance and power. Ds seems to be in no hurry to get in his house. Hmmm.

Gotta run
    Back later for personals.
    Hugs
    Cajun
  • Just checking in... foul mood.

Later, lovelies!
  • Just got home from the gym a few minutes ago. For breakfast I had a basic whey smoothie from the book I'm reading. Wasn't sure I could drink it as it has one tablespoon of coconut oil in it, but it actually wasn't bad. I added some sweetener to it. Another option is to add egg yolk...decided to try that another day.. It is suppose to be energizing and also a good protein replenisher after a workout and I think I did feel more energized and less tired after workout.

Yesterday's meals are kind of wierd. I know my meals are usually wierd for a "diet" but as you know I'm on a quest for a "diet" I can live on and still lose weight even if slowly. I am tired of eating what so called experts tell me...I will continue to try new recipes etc, and try suggestions but I'm not going to eat a bunch of stuff I don't like anymore. I didn't gain this morning so guess I did ok. My net calories were est 1597.

breakfast
    fruit (blueberries and strawberries) smoothie made with nf milk and added protein
    1 sl whole grain bread with 1 t. whipped butter

Physical therapy

lunch/snack
    jolly rancher - 1 at PT (I didn't have time for lunch before going to PT)

afternoon snack/lunch
    4 samples at grocery store - one was only 1 blueberry, but others a little larger
    2 protein bars - one small, other larger but shared it with dh
    sunflower seeds

dinner
    chicken and asparagus pasta dish - about 1/3 serv
    1/2 banana

eve snack
    1/2 sticky bun
    sunflower seeds
    4 pcs chocolate
  • Sheeesh i woke up to see it snowing the middle of May really. it didnt stick tho thank goodness. sounded like a good day for a yummy beef stew. it smells wonderful. steve is some better. i researched all the meds hes on and some cause mood swings. that explains a lot and im trying to not take all his ranting so personal. but words said sometimes are hard to forget, i wont say what he called me but it hurt my heart.sry for the rant on personal stuff but its good to get it out amongst friends. thanks some of my cabbage patch dolls came in the mail today,the plan is to refurbish them,make a wardrobe,and a cradel wrap them up in cellophane and try and sell them at the bazzars,i want a catchy phrase like "gramma gales second chance babys" im a kid at heart cuz i like toys jess a big for you why so glum? Maryea i admire your going to the gym,i haqvent even been to the pool lately and feel guilty. good job. cajun sry the scales not moving,mines not either,my dr says my body like where its at. hoping your day is peaceful rosey

breakfast
    coffee

lunch
    greek yogurt
    1/2 banana

snack
    coffee mocha
    pretzels with choc cream cheese for a dip

dinner
    beef stew
  • Sorry Rosey for the mean words from mr cranky pants

Sorry Donna for the foul mood.

Sorry everyone else ~ out of time for tonight. Got out or work on time (6pm) but had a computer class I had to stay for ~ was supposed to be from 7-8 ~ but ran over ~ out at 8:45.

Two days down ~ one more to go then off the weekend. Yippee
  • Hola, Lovelies....

Almost time for bed, although I fell asleep almost immediately after I got home from work and MamaDear's, and I slept for about 3 hours! So I mixed up a meat loaf which is baking and smells good. It'll be yummy for many meals. I can stay up a little later tonight, thanks to the nap.

I was just downright testy today, Rosey, for no good reason. Everything just kind of went to crap, dontcha know? I got over it I'm usually pretty even keeled, but sometimes.... NOT.

I had to chuckle a little about your body liking where it is, weight-wise. I think that about mine, too... this weight, give or take 5#, has been steady for years. It doesn't seem to make much difference what I do. Since I generally feel good, I don't fight this too much. I do wish I could get rid of a little more, though, to help with the hips. I figure I'll get scrawny when I get to full cronehood, yes?

Sorry Mr. CP is being poopy again. WE love you and would never say anything hurtful to you... just remember that he's just, sigh, a MAN, and they get away with behaving badly, I think...

Gayle - posting at the same time... how did the kids do with SBDaddy tonight? I hope BETTER! How's your wrist?

Nothing to report. I hope you're all doing well. I think Bobbi's cabinets and counters are going in this week, so I'm looking forward to PICTURES.... PICTURES, Missy Bobbi!

Everyone, later!
  • Today is weigh in day! 210.5. Actually up 1/2 lb. grrrr
    I'm getting so disgusted. I'm trying so hard. Doing all the right things. I refuse to believe my body is comfortable at this weight. I'm not.

Hi to all. Have a nice weekend!

Hugs
    Cajun
  • We went to my old circuit training class today. It is a senior class but I still get quite a work out. We just don't do as many reps at a time but we do them over and over, so I get my heart rate up and sweat, plus I like the stretching and balance work. Then we went to Kohls and I picked up some new tops and another pair of stretch capris. Jeans are no longer comfortable...I am no larger now than I was when I bought most of my jeans, but it seems like every pound of fat is in my belly. Hopefully I can get back to wearing them if I lose even a few more pounds.

My weight is stable so far this week. Going to try and lower my calories. I got a lot yesterday mainly because we had lunch out and a packaged (from frozen) food for dinner.

yesterday's meals - 1829 calories!
    breakfast
    basic whey smoothie

lunch
    Shared slice of pizza with dh
    4 samples at Costco

afternoon snack
    sunflower seeds and 2 or 3? (forgot)pcs chocolate

dinner
    beef & bean burrito
    salad
    v-8 juice
    frappa 1/2 serv

eve snack
    sunflower seeds
    frappa

Cajun - well 1/2 lb isn't much but I understand and feel your pain. My body has a ten pound range it seems to like. Breaking out of that quickly requires I stick to about 1200 calories, but I'm not willing to do that right now I guess. It is rare for me to eat as much as I am right now (when actively dieting), and I have decided I'm going to have to cut back to see a little faster progress. Hope I can do it.
  • Evening Ladies. Cajun, I feel your pain. My scale has been stuck between 174 and 175 for almost 3 weeks now. Due to some dental work a few days back, it's very painful for me to eat right now. As a result, for the past two days, my calorie count has been below 1,000. Yet the darn scales still aren't moving...most annoying. However, we must keep the faith. Eventually something has to happen. I shall keep my fingers crossed that we both see some downward movement on our next weigh-in.

A great weekend to all!
  • Happy weekend everyone. sheesh i woke up to over an inch of snow on the ground.no green or growing flowers yet rosey

breakfast
    coffee

lunch
    sm bowl beef stew

snack
    coffee mocha
    apple slices with pb

dinner
    spam boats 1 ww slice bread(chopped spam,celery,onion,green pepper and cheese.mixed with alittle mayo,pile on rolls or bread and broil till bubbly)
    sm green salad lite ranch dressing
  • Hope you are all enjoying your saturday! We got up late and just finished breakfast. Dh is taking a large amount of yard debris to the dump because he's had to cut out a lot of our shrubs...that darn red spider got to them too badly.
    In the middle of the bare space he planted the little tree our son gave me for Mothers Day. It is very pretty and could grow to take up the space in time, but we probably will plant some flowers in the meantime. Our son was here for dinner last night and we sure enjoyed spending time with him. He took our old car home so dh can use his pickup to take the debris to the dump.

My scale was kind to me today and I dropped a pound but will it hold til next week? That is the question.

Here's what I ate yesterday: est 2192 net calories - I'm very suprised I lost weight!!

breakfast
    Oatmeal with blueberries and milk

circuit training class - 45 min.

lunch
    frappa
    peanuts
    cantaloupe

snack
    sunflower seeds
    fruit bar

dinner
    tilapia filet fried in olive oil, then I scraped up the bits in the pan, added a little butter and garlic, and drizzled over the fish.
    asparagus sauteed in a bit of olive oil
    fried rice - abt 1/2 cup. I even put bacon and egg in it...rarely do that when it's just us.

eve snack - lots!
    sunflower seeds
    4 pc chocolate
    pb mocha
    mixed nuts

PT exercises
  • I am still not in the mood to be productive. Gorking for the entire week. But I did something special for a friend. I recieved a call that Judy was going back into the Mayo Clinic for more surgery. Outlook is not good, but her kids begged for her to do it. So yesterday I took a card to bridge and everyone who knows her wrote a loving note. The messages would make your heart weep. Went the post office this morning and mailed it overnight to Minnesota. She'll get it Monday. Best $20 I ever spent.

So say a prayer for my friend Judy....she is a sweetie and retired nurse so she really understands my black humor.

thanks, k3
  • I'll keep your friend in my thoughts, Karen...sounds like a sad situation.

Over an inch of snow! Let's keep our fingers crossed for some better weather soon, Rosey...

And, Mary, I hope the one lb you lost stays lost.

My diet was restricted yesterday, since my mouth was still sore and there are only so many things I can eat without incurring pain. I ate a small individual serving of Greek yoghurt for breakfast; baked salmon and another Greek yoghurt for lunch; and yet more baked salmon and Greek yoghurt, plus a small ceasar salad for supper. I'm pleased to say that the scales co-operated this morning, as they dropped to 172.75. I hope they stay below 173 and that I can finally say goodbye to the 174/175 range that I've been fighting for the past three weeks.

Enjoy your day!
  • Just about to leave for church so this will be brief. I was able to cut back a little on the calories yesterday but my weight flucuated up .6#. Still not bad though.
    yesterdays meals: 1561 cal
    breakfast
    pb mocha and 1/2 banana

lunch
    bacon sandwich - 3 sl bacon, 3 pickle slices, no mayo, on 2 sl low cal multi-grain bread
    small salad, no dressing
    frappa

dinner
    beef & bean burrito (from frozen)
    little over 1/2 cup cantaloupe

snack
    pb mocha
    4 pc chocolate