May Golden Girls

You're on Page 8 of 14
Go to
  • Ok, this can't be me, so there must be another Mary. Sorry I've forgotten. Anyway it's not my birthday.
  • I was telling Mary Fitch Happy Birthday! Hers is today.
  • Hello...It's been a long time..
    Hello Everyone:

I have been gone for a long time. I don't even remember the last time I posted. I didn't have a computer for almost a year and spent all my free time with my brother who died of cancer a few months ago. My son has been ill for a long time and I take care of him, work full time, and help at my church when I can. I need to lose weight and get healthy so I have more energy to do what I need to do.

So, I joined again today. I'm a vegetarian and saw a forum for vegetarians but enjoyed the 50+ forum before and thought I'd join you ladies again.

I'll be 63 next month and need to get a handle on my health. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and hope not only to be inspired but to be an inspiration to others.

Lin
  • Lin-- Welcome back! I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. It sounds like you have many busy days! Just come back here anytime and we look forward to hearing more from you.
  • I KNEW there was another Mary just couldn't remember the username or last name!! How could I forget you Mary Fitch, guess you need to post more as you know I'm very forgetful esp with names but I had not forgotten your posts. Glad it's NOT my birthday....I'm old enough!

Another eating out day!! Had lunch with our youngest daughter as it's her birthday. That's three meals out in a row! Hard to diet that way as it's so tempting to eat stuff you shouldn't. As you will see with my meals yesterday below. This morning I had to run get a card for my daughter so only walked/jogged the track and didn't get to the other stuff.

yesterday's meals - estimated 1861 net calories

breakfast
    chocolate frappa

Good workout at the gym

snack/lunch
    Plain Greek yogurt
    blueberries

lunch/snack
    baby carrots
    1 T pb
    later
    sunflower seeds

little more than an hour of exercise at PT

dinner - out
    chicken fried steak
    mashed potatoes/country gravy
    corn - very little
    ice cream brownie sundae!- shared with dh (I was very tired and hurting which made it hard to resist...at least that's my excuse..and it did taste very good!)
  • Thank you Karen. I appreciate the welcome.
  • Hola, Goldens!
    Nothing much to report... status quo or, as I like to describe it, "serene"!

Work was fine, pretty mellow, even for a first day of the week. Got about 27 drops of rain, which is better than no rain... obviously, I have no news!

Hope you're all doing well... Lin - you're welcome here!
  • Hey...I did nothing and it took me all day. k3
  • Me Too karen3.. a quiet day of nothingness steve was in anch for his nerve block,he called and it went well and hes feeling better. hes been really out of sorts lately and it was nice to have aday to not walk on eggshells. as for my eating old habits die hard. when im stressed i eat tomorrow is a new day right. hope your evenings great rosey

breakfast
    coffee
    protein bar

lunch
    pizza

snack
    greek yogurt banana flavored with crushed up grham cracker and 1/2 banana in it Yummy
    coffee mocha

dinner
    grilled moose burger
    tomtoe cuke salad
    1/2 c mac and cheese

snack
    popcorn
    iced tea
    carmel apple sucker

sheesh
  • Good evening GG’s,

Sorry I haven’t been around much to check on you all, cheer you on, welcome you etc.

It is a little quieter at our house now ~ scum boy is out of the house (Sara’s) and Sara and the kids have been able to go back home.

Even though home is quieter now, I haven’t been able to use computer much ~ had been having bad pain in my wrist. I missed work most of last week because of it. I wasn’t able to get an appointment with the Dr. until Thursday. They did an xray and examined it and said I had tendonitis and some other kind of “itis” ~ and gave me a cortisone shot in my wrist. That helped a lot. It still hurts some, but is way better. I went back to work and have to wear splint/brace things. I have to be careful and think about what I am doing ~ not get in a hurry and lift things one handed. Some of those charts are heavy and the reams of paper too.

So, I read here, but haven’t been posting as much. Maybe that is a good thing for you all ~ not to have to read my long sagas.

Hope you all are having a good week.

Take care
  • Lin

Kitchen cabinets and new windows going in today!

Mary, happy b'day.
  • Hey Karen! I did the same thing yesterday and I hope I can finish today!!
  • Just a quick drop in. Diet is going well but the scale and I are at a war. It will be interesting to see how long the showdown will last. ( meaning scale won't budge no matter how well I'm doing).

Gotta go
    Hugs
    Cajun.
  • I didn't go to the gym, slept in as I didn't get much sleep last night and I have PT this afternoon. I don't like PT in the afternoons as it is much more tiring. I have SO many exercises now! This morning so far all I've done is call an insurance co that didn't receive a payment...luckily I was able to see when the check processed my CU so hopefully they'll track it down.

I lost .8# this week. Realistically I'm lucky to have lost anything because of all the meals out and my eating desserts!

yesterday's meals - estimated 1734 net calories
    breakfast
    chocolate frappa

walked/jogged one mile

lunch
    birthday lunch out with our dd
    Asian buffet - ate small amounts of everything I liked but I did get dessert

afternoon snack
    1/2 banana
    sunflower seeds
    2 pcs chocolate

dinner (alone)
    pb mocha frappe
    more sunflower seeds

eve snack
    1/2 banana

Cajun - Do you use My Fitness Pal? If you do at the bottom of the food diary, there is a link to see where if you eat that same way every day where you will be in five weeks. It may sound silly but that is kinda helping me. Not that I'm losing in any big way, but it is helping me not to gain for sure. Before I eat my last food for the day, I check that and if it is higher than I want to be I don't eat so much. Just a little trick that seems to help me.

Rosey - Glad Steve is being helped...easier on both of you.

Karen3 - And I'm proud of what you accomplished too! I have days like that.
  • Still working hard and getting no where...gesh...played bridge today and figured that we'd be dead last. Imagine the surprise when it was posted on the web site that we were 1st. I usually enjoy the competition and winning is fun, but didn't have a hint about doing well....Guess I need a brain transplant???

Do you all get tired of meal planning/cooking? I'd give anything for someone else to plan meals and cook them. Heck I'd settle for a peanut butter'n jelly sandwich if I didn't make it. Just for a few days....hint think I need a vacation.

Knock on wood but my knees are good. No pain, walking is woobly but NO pain unless I move ackwardly. That sends a message for sure. Hopefully the medication will last the 3 months.....please.....

Any good books? I need a new series.....Be back tomorrow for personals. Prayers for Lynn's sister being offered. k3