May Golden Girls

You're on Page 2 of 14
Go to
  • Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Mary: A belated happy birthday for DH, and not to worry about the .6#...it was for a good cause.

Rosey: That's a tough situation with your MIL and I can understand your frustration.

Cajun: Jogging on a trampoline...is that as much fun as it sounds?

Well, I stuck to my diet today, but I didn't exercise as much as I had planned. I did my usual (1.5 mile) jog/power walk plus a short weight-lifting workout...but then I stubbed my baby toe. It is now totally purple, hurts like heck, and I'm limping. That has put an end to any more exercise for today. Hopefully it will improve by morning.

A wonderful evening to all!
  • Evening all....sitting here with hugh desire to graze in the kitchen. Not hungry just wanna chew on stuff. Played bridge today with my summer partner Bob instead of my winter partner the other Bob. Came in 1st which helps my ego a bunch. BUT I wanna graze!

Donna... are you feeling better?

Bobbi....pictures soon or we are all coming to your new house in mass!

Cajun...If I can't graze neither can you! We'll stop by your house and sew your lips shut!

Rosey....Never worry about DMIl. Mine was the gitch from h*ll! Just ask DH and he'll say the same thing. Evil would cover it well.

Mary...is it MSG that did you in? Water Water Water

Ladies don't forget Donna still is in charged of our posse and any screw ups she will be a calling.

I lost this and got it back...phew better post k3
  • Hi everyone,spent some time on the deck,tried to get pictures of all the dogs, haha on me they wouldnt co-operate all i got was blurrs,tails and butts lol
    i finished the baby quilt for my niece. and now am working ona prayer shawl for a lady at church. shes in a wheel chair and appears to be suffering poor thing,i gave her a hug and told her i knew how she felt. after all that was me a few yrs ago. while in the hosp the chaplain gave me a hand knit prayer shawl, bright pink, and i still use it and remember how much i meant to me. when its done i'll ask to have it blessed by the congregation. i love our very informal and humble church. and it makes me feel good to play it forward. thank you for all the support over the mil. im so mad at her,shes been a terrible parent all his life. some people shouldnt have kids but if she hadnt i wouldnt have my wonderful hubby. gee im rereading this and im all sappy today so on that note happy happy happy( duck dynasty ) rosey

breakfast
    coffee

lunch
    barley soup

snack
    coffee mocha
    1/4 c almonds

dinner
    grilled moose burger
    salad

snack
    sf fudgesicle
  • Pictures

• Great pics Rosey ~ Your beautiful smile ~ enjoying your doglett and the sunshine. Your quilt is beautiful also and Steve's smiling eyes
  • Good Morning...We're snowed in today, late spring storm is upon us. I took pictures, very beautiful out. Everything is closed today, schools and businesses both. I took my yard stick out and so far we have 16 1/2" and it's still coming down.
    Rosey...love the design on your baby quilt, fantastic job!

Since we're stuck home, will do more packing today and rest our bodies.

Have a good one.

• Good Morning, All...

Bobbi - lovely to see your lovely face! We got about 6" of snow yesterday, too, according to my backyard bushes. This is ridiculous.... it's MAY, not March! How are all the renovations coming? When did you say you're closing on your present house, meaning when do you have to move out? Looking forward to PICTURES, please!

KarenFL - you're carrying your matriarch role very well!.. or HeadCrone or whatever you want to be called! How about QueenCrone?

Gayle - you sound perky. I loved your description of Rosey's "doglett", too cute! Isn't that little mutt a cutie?? What a personality!! How goes your life, girlie?

Rosey - as always, you did a lovely job on the quilt, and your baby is going to LOVE it and cherish it! Mr. CP looked happy, too... are you both feeling well? And Tootsie is NOT a mutt!!

Tuscany - welcome!

I'm finally down to the dregs in this second bout of the cold/virus/near death. This was much worse than the first time, and CK says she got it THREE times! I don't think I can survive another. I'm back to work, but I also come home and go right to bed. It's been pretty awful, and that's not just me whining. Onward and upward! Thanks for all the good wishes.

I have lost 7# with this crud, though. It'd be nice if I could keep it off! I'm going to try gluten free for a while and hope that that helps the hips. I haven't had but a twinge of pain in a week, and I don't understand that... but I'll take it! My friend said she'd gone wheat free, but wheat is in EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING (even Russell Stovers chocolates, in bbq sauce, EVERYTHING). The gluten-free is pretty popular and easy (but expensive!), and I don't know how one could go wheat free. Anyway, she says she's retired her cane. Worth trying!

Better get rolling, but I wanted to check in.
  • Well, as I figured my weight was down 1.4# today so as Karen3 said it was all about the water. I got a better sleep last night (and without meds) but I'm still tired. About to go to the gym and I have PT this afternoon too. The sun is shining, the squirrels and birds are out competing for the bird seed as usual. All is well.

breakfast
    oatmeal with apple and a bit of brown sugar blend and milk

Dh is calling me, so no time for personals.
  • Good afternoon ladies
    I've been hurting in my hips with burning. I can't sleep on left or right side. I went to the chiropractor yesterday. He said my hips were over rotated. He cracked me back in place but I think I'm out again.
    We are getting more rain. They are saying a cold front will come thru at midnight and it will be cold tomorrow. WHAT we are in May not February. Surey will mess up the fishing. .
    They came this morning in the mud and put ds's water meter. Hopefully the poles will be next.
    I didn't think I would be able to jog this morning but I did. I could have very easily talked myself out of it but I didn't. My eating is going well so far. I think I finally got my head in the right place. I feeling good. Way more energy. I think it's the sugar that makes me feel so tired.

Susan I bought a mini trampoline at wal mart. It cost 35 dollars and the best thing I've ever done. I work at home and it helps me get my exercise in while working. It very forgiving on the joints. I get quiet a workout. When I first got on it I couldn't do 5 minutes. It makes lots of muscles hurt. I stopped for awhile but I'm back at it. When I was doing it 5 days a week with dieting the lbs were falling off my hips. Every six weeks I was dropping a size. I dropped 6 sizes between february and October. It works. How is the toe today?

Karenfl i had to laugh at sewing the lips. It's a good idea. Did you get over your grazing problem.

Rosey I loved your pictures. Baby quilt is darling. The pic of dh holding your quilt caught my eye. From what I could see your home is very rustic. Absolutely gorgeous. Thats our style. Ds is planning to build an outdoor kitchen to look like that. I would love to see more of the room. What's with the rope hanging with the noose? A reminder to dh to not get out of line. Lol. Just kidding. Love the spindles on the stairs.

Bobbi glad you could drop in. I wanted to ask you about your house. Is it closer to town? Less land to care for? Smaller house? Will you be finished with your house by the time you have to get out of your old one.

Donna I'm glad you are feeling better.

Mary congrats on your weight loss. Keep it up.

Hello to all
    Hugs
    Cajun

• a quick fly by i'll be back later, thankyou for the atta girls. jess i said butt not mutt cajun our house is all log anda work in progress, my dh cu the logs and built,including cupboards,furniture and stair case (birch branchs) i love my home and its very comfy and not fancy. the ropes are bungees with toys attached for the dogs lol the big rope on the log beam is an indoor swing for the grands,even tho they are older they still use it and so do some of our adult friends. hope that answers some questions.. ttfn rosey
  • I was a bit depressed today while packing up my dining room dishes and depression glass. Don't know what got into me, lonesomeness for my home before we even move.

Cajun..Our new/old home is in town but on the city limits next to a huge woods. It was built in 1945, has plaster walls and hardwood floors as most of them did back then. We are actually downsizing and the lawn can be mowed in 20 minutes.

We hired a crew to build a new double garage on the lot, they will also pull out all the windows in the house and replace them. He's willing to help Bruce set all the new kitchen cabinets we ordered from Lowe's. Hopefully the cupboards will arrive soon.

We have a plumber replacing all the hot water heating in all the rooms, can't wait for that. Great for people like me with allergies.

We're going to have a bundle of money tied up
    in the house when we're finished but we purchased it sooooooooooooooo cheap. It's a story and 1/2 with a dormer window upstairs, I love it. All knotty pine upstairs and no cat smell up there. Actually, no cat smell on the ground floor either, just a slight smell down in the basement. One more application of bleach and that will be history. Bruce pulled off all the plaster board rooms in the basement and most of the basement smell left with the junk we threw in the dumpster. We're on our 3 large dumpster so you can imagine all the old house we're disposing of.

I've finished painting all the cement walls down there, will do the whole floor when we get the old freezer and vintage double cement sink out. I checked ebay to see if the huge double sink had an value, it does! $100.00 starting bid. I called the historical museum today to see if they want it for free if they come haul it out. Haven't heard back from them yet, everything was closed because of the snow storm. Does anyone remember those cement sinks that has a wash board molded right into them? I think it's pretty cool but Bruce hates it and wants it gone.

No, we won't be finished by the time we move in on May 31st. It'll probably take us all summer to get everything put back together again. Today Bruce called a guy to come over and give us a quote on refinishing the hardwood floors. We were going to do it ourselves but not able to get it done by the time we move in. Waaaaayyyyy too much work for a 67 & 69 year old couple like us.

Pictures? What pictures, I don't even have time to pee.
    My camera batteries were dead when I tried to take pictures of the kitchen before, only have after it was gutted.

Quote:
    Bobbi glad you could drop in. I wanted to ask you about your house. Is it closer to town? Less land to care for? Smaller house? Will you be finished with your house by the time you have to get out of your old one.
  • I just tried to post 5 pictures I did get and they won't upload?
  • Rosey: What a beautiful quilt. I'm useless when it comes to crafts, but you're very talented.

Bobbi & Jess: Snow in May...oh my! We had an ice storm in April and I thought that was bad. I hope you get some good weather soon.

Mary: Glad to hear the weight came off as quick as it went on, and then some.

Cajun: Thanks for the info on the trampoline. You have convinced me to get one this weekend, especially when you said "the lbs were falling off my hips". That's all I needed to hear! I carry most of my weight from the hips down. I can exercise, but I'm useless at anything that involves any sort of jumping motion, including running. So, I will give the trampoline a shot.

I stuck to my diet plan today. My toe is still discoloured, but I'm walking fine today and it doesn't hurt. I walked on my treadmill this morning and then did a 2 mile brisk walk outside this afternoon, plus some squats and "baby" lunges. Still working on the lunges. Getting down is no problem; it's the getting back up part that kills me. The rest of today, I sat in front of a computer working, and I have more of that in store for tonight...story of my life.

Have a great evening ladies!

Susan
  • Hello Ladies,

I have Not been around and not paying attention. I really need help. I'm over 300 lbs again, and i leave Sunday for 15 nights.

I'm doing the Panama Canal Cruise and when i return i need to come back.

The support here is awesome, and i love moving my ticker to a lower number.

I should be back May 21. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

debbie
    TICKER IS WRONG.
  • Hi y'all

52 degrees in may. :/. That's crazy. Supposed to be 43 tonight.
    Exercise done for the week. I did my jogging 5 days in a row. I will not this weekend because I will we doing some yard work. Dh is repairing our well house so we can paint it. I think ds will be able to trench for his water and electrical. Busy weekend
    My freezer alarm keep going off in my utility room. It's still frozen. Repair man said may be simple to fix. Ds has the perfect solution for our problem he said " I'll fix it and you give it to me and buy you a new one". It's perfect he said. Lol. We do want another on that opens in the opposite direction be cause you have to get in the corner to open it and it's hard if you have stuff in your hands. So that's what we may do. What we do for our kids lol.

Bobbi sorry to read that you are sad. I kinda know how you feel. We had lost our home to the hurricane and had to get a new home and when they disposed of our old one I actually cried. Both our sons were raised in that house. We had a lot of good memories. But it all good now. It did take me about a year to feel like home though. I'm sure dh will be glad to cut only 20 minutes.

Rosey your home sounds wonderful and exactly the type of home that's our style. Rustic and simple.

Susan I love the workout the trampoline gives me. I do it 5 days a week. It may take a few weeks to see results but you will. I also jog to music. It makes the time go by fast. Mine has a meter on it. It shows how many calories you burn (don't think it's that accurate) how many times you jump. That is what I go by. I enjoy it. I'm the first to admit I hate exercise. I don't like to sweat. Lol.

Debbie enjoy your vacation and we will see you when you get back. Looking forward to getting to know you and we can help each other along the way.

Hi to all

Hugs
    Cajun