Old 04-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/205.4/125

Height: 5'1.5"

Default Stay on Track? Emotional Eater + Bad Marriage

Its early days yet, but it looks like I finally found an approach to weight loss that works for me! Unfortunately, the way I am choosing to react to my unhappy marriage threatens to knock me off course! I allow him to upset me to the point I feel as if steam is coming out of my ears. Three days in a row now I've taken 1/2 an anti anxiety med with a dark beer just to calm down. I've had these meds since 2010! Been through all kinds of stuff and rarely needed to turn to them. But take away my food and despite knowing all sorts of holistic ways to get a grip I am completely undone! (Obviously I have to get a hold of myself and the situation.)

Can anyone relate? FYI We will be married 40 years end of June. ACK
gittel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #2  
Becoming A Better Me

Yes maam i can! Married 27 yrs to an alcoholic! His years of pushing me and our 3 kids aside for his beer drinking and beer buddies has taught us to not depend on him, not trust him, and not make time for him! His arguments over the dumbest sh*t drive us nuts! And i am a part of the prozac nation for having him in our lives still. Our oldest doesnt talk to us anymore, the 2 still home cant wait to get out on their own cuz he simply wont leave or leave us alone. Its great! I so get where your coming from!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/205.4/125

Height: 5'1.5"

Thank you for taking the time to reply. My mood is unusually low on this beautiful sunny Spring day. I'm ashamed to confess I think I am mourning the loss of my "friend"-- over eating!

I should be feeling jubilant because its been almost a whole week now that I've kept on "track". No night time eating (this is huge). Even stayed clear of cheese and chips!

WTG on your weight loss! Do you feel comfortable sharing how you were able to do it?
gittel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #4  
Becoming A Better Me

Calorie counting and whole foods as much as possible (no white bread, pastas or rice only whole wheat or grain) and walking. Lol yeah i love this beautiful weather but will still have down days just not as often as i do in winter and dreary rainy days that seem to last forever. Feel free to ask me anything its nice having someone to chat with as i dont air my problems to people in my world. Mainly because i dont trust people to put myself out there like that. Oh and i thought i was the only person that ised cheese for my chips instead of regular dips lol! The frito lay cheddar cheese with fritos or munchos YUM! LOL oh ok im back, got lost in thought there for a second!

Last edited by dangerouscurvesahead; 04-28-2013 at 07:49 PM.
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote