Old 04-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #106  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks everyone and Cajun, nope.....not the lady who had surgery. She sat on the fence too long and lost it. Our realtor told her we had an offer and she wanted us to hold off the sale until she could come down and look at it again. DUH

The couple that purchased it saw it online from Arizona, flew in yesterday to look at it. 50 minutes later they were willing to pay us our full asking price PLUS our riding lawn mower, snow blower, window treatments, both sheds and our brand new black refrigerator and stove. We don't need the riding mower or snow blower in town. The window treatments won't fit our new house and who in their right mind would try to move two sheds off the property? My brand new black appliances to match my new kitchen, no way. We haven 't even paid for them yet plus they don't look good in a kitchen with oak cupboards. The retired couple flew back to Arizona right after they left our house. Our realtor faxed them with the new agreement less the new stove/refrigerator and they agreed. So it's all over except for the chubby lady singing or when I get my hot little hands on the cash.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #107  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi - congratulations!! The house shows really well online, so I'm not surprised that an out-of-stater saw it, liked it, and, poof!, made a decision. We do like those decisive types, yes? I'm so pleased for you!

We got about 9" from the storm yesterday... maybe more tonight? It certainly is cold enough. The 9" is melted already. That's the good thing about these spring storms... lots of water and little inconvenience!

Nothing to report. I'm plumb tuckered! Bobbi, again, I'm so pleased for you!

Last edited by jess1; 04-16-2013 at 07:17 PM.
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #108  

I'm doing the happy dance for you Bobbie thats the best news. today was errand day.went to the dmv to get a current id card as i dont drive anymore and needed it to put our savings acct in my name too. and it was free cuz of my age,free is good. then steve got a haircut while i roamed around walmart.stopped to pick up our meds and came out to a dead battery. friends came to our rescue but ended up buying a new one. came home and toots and i had a nap. she was so excited to see me. we usually take her with us but she's an escape artist so left her home. it wasa beautiful day out all melty,hope your day was good too. by the way not eating carbs is a real battle for me, so far so good. rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
lean cusine asian salad kit
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
chix strip
mixed fresh fruit from the deli

snack
iced tea
protein granola bar

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-16-2013 at 11:13 PM.
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #109  

where is everyone its a beautiful day here sunny and warm rosey

breakfast
coffee
larabar

lunch
chix salad
iced tea
grapes

snack
coffee mocha
100 cal mini bag popcorn

dinner
gr turkey stuffed bell peppers
Old 04-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #110  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

A hot muggy day/evening today. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Still here Rosey ~ but don't get to get on and post or sometimes even read with Sara and the kids living with us now. Hang in there with your battle with the carbs ~ I know you can do it ~ you are one determined lady ~ with such a positive attitude.

Awesome exciting news for you Bobbi ~ on the sale of your house. Will you be able to have your new place fixed up enough to move in by the time the other people are ready to move in to your place?

Donna ~ glad your area got some much needed water.

Cajun ~ sorry you are having trouble with the sciatic thing too. Does a chiropractor help? I've never been to one ~ kind of a little scared to try it ~ fear of the unknown I guess.

Mary ~ hope you are able to find those DVD's of your kids when they were little ~ they've gotta be there somewhere.

Well, I'd better get to bed here soon. I have been getting up early to help Corbin so he doesn't miss the bus, but he won't be here tonight ~ so Grandma gets a little extra sleep. He woke me up one morning ~ and said he had missed the bus ~ would I take him to school. He didn't want his mom to know and get chewed out. So, of course I took him ~ what are Grandma's for?

Hope you all rest well.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hey lil ladies
Rain coming again. Just found out yesterday it's going to cost ds 1100.00 dollars to put electric poles in his yard. They pay the first 3000.00 and the job was bid for 4100.00. Every time he turns around it's more money. Its still too wet to move his house. Mil didn't like the trim so we went back to lowes and got another color. I got back and painted until dark. Today we have to grind to pork meat for sausage. Tomorrow after work we season and stuff them.

What a sad day in USA it is with Boston bombs and now west Texas fertilizer plant exploding. My heart hurts for those affected. All I can do is pray for them.

Gayle~ yes the chiropractor does help because I'm out of align and it's pinching. He straightens me out and I usually feel better. I have bad sleeping and sitting habits that cause that. You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now.

Rosey~ I made a comment earlier about having a small group lately.

Bobbi~ how's the house renovations coming along?

Work calls. Hello to all

Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Just a quick post here this morning. Wanted to say Hello to everyone.

Donna, did you get all that snow? WOW!!

Bobbi, when you go to the store today--- don't forget batteries for your camera....

Need to get going and jump in the shower to get ready for bible study. Was a pretty BUMPY night with lightening, thunder and tornado warning for us until 2:30 am. It was close enough that I got up and put sweats on and shoes and socks, grabbed a flannel jacket and put that on too. Had the dogs leashes already in the closet and then tried to relax... Felt better when the satellite came back on the TV then I knew the clouds had moved.

Gayle, I was worried about you when I heard about the explosion. Is that near you? I sent you a text last night after I heard it but you were probably asleep.

Have a great day everyone.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #113  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All...

CK and Gayle - yes, we got about 9" on Monday and about another 3" on Tuesday... of course, it's long gone. However, we might be getting more on Monday and Tuesday. The good thing is that, at the beginning of April, we were 7' under the standard for snow, and now we're just 3'. We'll still have water restrictions this summer, but things are definitely looking better for the water situation.

Not much going on. I'm feeling well, which makes me happy! Everything's pretty much status quo. GM's on the agenda for this afternoon. I'll take her dinner and will hopefully be able to shower her and head home before the heavy traffic starts. It makes the difference between 40 minutes and 70 minutes for the trip home! I yearn for a small town!

Everyone, be well! I'm anxious to see pictures of Bobbi's projects!
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #114  

another nice day here. steve's a bit grouchy today so im laying low working on a new project,a baby quilt for my niece who is due in june,another baby girl to our family. hoping your day was full of sunshine rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt
banana

lunch
small slice pizza
1/2 apple
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
lean cusine asian chix salad
Old 04-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hey.....me doing my happy dance! Went to cardio doc and he took me off Pradax! AND 48 hrs from now I can have Aleve and already scheduled knee injections. Man alive I feel better already. Look out world here I come! Everything is looking up here on the GGs!

Oh and doctor's scale was kind......Dh was shocked!

Be back tomorrow for personals....k3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies
Cold is back. A front came thru last night with rain again. Today we season and stuff sausage in it's casing. Tomorrow we smoke, paint, and wedding at 7 pm. That's about all going on around here.

Karenfl~ doing the happy dance with you. Now maybe you can get some relief from the pain. My scale is not kind. Wish it was. Too many temptations but I'm still fighting for it.

Rosey~ your lovin the sunshine. Cheery cheery. It's funny how sunshiny weather can affect our moods. It's sunny and cool and 30 knot north winds. Makes it feel colder than 50 degrees

Donna~ wish I could send you the rain if you need it. We are sooo wet. The farmers can't plant the Milo and it's getting late for them.

Karen31~ glad your weather passed over. We have such violent thunderstorms here in the spring. Looks like it's always at night too.

Mary~ did you find the DVDs yet? Do you still have the original copies or they the ones that are saved real good. Hope you find them.

Out of battery on iPad. Hello to all.

Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Karen-- so happy to hear your good news!! I'll do the Happy dance with you!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Golden Girls -

My mother had a mastectomy yesterday morning. She had three rounds of chemo which nearly, literally, killed her. It did shrink the tumor enough that the surgeon could remove it. He did not even have to take the lymph nodes which makes a more comfortable recovery. She handles it quite well. Didn’t have a lot of pain, at least not as much as I was imagining. She said the side of her neck was hurting. I asked, “Which side Mom?” She said, “The other side.” Lol! I laugh every time I think of it. Yesterday was a very long day for us. Left the house to pick her up at 5:45 am and didn’t get home until after 8 pm. We have gotten a lot of rain in the Chicago area. My brother couldn’t get out of his neighborhood to get to the hospital or work yesterday. He was with my mother today. I woke up feeling terrible with a chest cold. I have spent so much time in and out of nursing home, doctors’ offices and hospitals, around all sorts of coughing and illness that I was amazed that I didn’t come down with something before now. Lots of hand washing. I’m not going to see my mother today. I think we’ve both been exposed to the same thing but I just can’t move.

My son’s engagement/housewarming party is tomorrow at his (my!) townhouse. I want to feel well enough to go.

I’ve only read the first page of posts so far but -

Congrats Bobbie!

Karen, I’ve never seen someone so happy to be getting an injection in their knee but I’m happy for you!!!

Cajun - you sure do work hard!

Gayle - You’re such a great grandma. You know exactly what grandma’s are for.

I hope to catch up soon. Hugs to everyone!
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Okay, I'm on page 3.

Mary, I'm impressed that you have your kids pictures on DVD. I've been meaning to do that to my wedding video and kids when they were little.
back then the video camaras were so large had to put them in a suitcase. We need to get a new one now that DS is getting married. I hate when I put something in "a special place" to protect it and then can't find it.

Rosey - I'm sorry you slipped but you managed to get the roast in the oven and it came out great. You really paint a vivid picture in my mind. I picture your kitchen with dark hardwood floors, with a braided oval rug, an oven with character and you with an apron on...Is it just me? quitting the carb thing is tough. One thing that helps me is the sugar free Ricola lemon mint throat drops. They taste like candy. I discovered them last year when I was sick. Good thing I have them now. They do have aspertame unfortunately and I try to avoid that.

Donna - You are a sweet angel for taking such good care of your Grandma. How many people would give their Grandma a shower? Not that I know of. Bless you. I hope I have someone like you in my life someday.

Gayle - I LOVE to hear about Maddie. Your stories warm my heart. We sorely need that.

My heart goes out to the people of Boston. DH from the area. Still has family there but in different part and all are fine. I am very impressed with the way responders and law enforcement handled everything. And the explosion in Texas - such a tragedy.

In the word of Karen FL - later.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #120  

Hi everyone. another nice day here. and im gorking Deelee you made me chuckle with your vivid picture, sry but vinyl floors that look like stone tiles ,log house,pine cabinets, homemade log furniture,no rug( i trip over them) and no apron.reg gas stove. hope i didnt fracture your dream of me working on my baby quilt,reading robert ludlum,and avoiding mr cranky. happy weekend rosey

breakfast
protein bar

lunch
stuffed bell pepper
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
lean cusine salad fixins asian(you supply the lettuce,really quite good)