Old 04-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #76  

Hi everyone. we woke up to snow again,big fluffy flakes coming down,if i wasnt longing for green stuff it would have been beautiful. it stopped and the sun came out. K3 maybe we shoule pattent our crone chair my dd called late yesterday aft noon and asked to meet them at the pool. so we went at 6pm and stayed till closing. we had fun and got a bit of needed exercise too. on the way home i was backing up to the car with my walker to sit down and my foot slipped and twisted my knee. ouchie. guess who is hobbling around as little as possible today and ice is my best friend. sheeeesh ia always something. hope it heals soon . nothing new to report. hope your day was swell rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
green salad with chix strips
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha
2 oreo cookies

dinner
pork cutlet
1/2 sweet potatoe baked with apricot sf jam and cinnamon
cukes and tomatoes
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #77  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Making plans, measuring, new windows, paint, etc. Oh what fun this is, I love it. I think I was born 60 years too early, I would love to have been a carpenter/interior decorator. Girls didn't do that back in the olden days. Do you see me kicking Bruce's butt? The family room has beautiful dark paneling which he was going to tear out and replace. DUH.Yesterday he told me he was going to leave it since they did such a beautiful job of installing it. Then he tried to talk me into put wainscoting up in the dining room. I hate wainscoting! I want elegant, not something that looks like a hunting retreat? He wanted to replace all the interior doors in the house. Another duh, they are all painted white but have the original door knobs/handles. If anything I could refinish them to the original stain, what else do I have to do? Gotta run, later gators.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 04-12-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday. This morning ds closes on his house loan. They can move to property anytime but it's wet from the rain we got yesterday. They are giving more Saturday night. . After he closes the loan dh and ds are going get water pipe and connections. It's happening. This afternoon I need to go to walmart. My list is getting longer every day I put off going. Tomorrow morning I get to paint again. Yay me! but on the bright side I get to stop early afternoon because we have a wedding to go to at 6. Then Sunday it's back to painting again. . I'm trying to get everything done in the house today so I won't have to worry about that while I'm painting. I don't know what I would do if I had nothing to do.
My eating has been good and bad. I'm always sabotaging myself. But I'll keep trying. I won't give up. After I eat something I shouldn't I always feel bad and can't undo it.

Bobbi~ your days are like mine. Busy busy! Ds and I tackle a lot of projects ourselves too. It saves money. It might take us twice as long but it usually comes out nice.

Rosy~ Hows the knee today?

Gotta run. (looks like that's all I ever do)

Hey to all I missed. Have a good weekend!!!!!

Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #79  

Height: 5'3"

So far it's been a lazy morning. I couldn't sleep last night, took some Tyl PM, still couldn't sleep, so finally got up and online for a couple hours then back to bed and finally got some sleep. My dh apparently slept well and was up and going to the gym but I just couldn't get myself up that early. If he'd waited about an hour I'd would have gone as I didn't sleep much longer, but was just too hungover. Even though I'm up I still feel sleepy. I've started my PT exercises and will do them as I putter around here. We also plan to go to Costco later today.

I had a wierd computer thing happen the other day, couldn't figure it out and finally called my tech support. So I'll pass it on in case it happens to one of you someday. I don't remember what I did but suddenly my whole desktop was upside down! I realize you can move the task bar around but I did not know the whole screen/desktop could move! I kept thinking I could just swipe the screen and bring it back in place but except for the task bar it wouldn't and even when I got the task bar back where I wanted it (at the bottom), the icons were still all upside down! Anyway tech told me to do this and it worked: hold down control and alt keys and at the same time press the up arrow. Voila, everything is right side up now! Everytime I think I know all about computers, I learn something new...

Cajun - You are sure busy...I'm surprised you find time to eat, but all the work could make you hungry too. At least you are not giving up. I'm the same way I sabotage myself frequently but never give up trying.

Bobbi - You're another busy gal! I'm sure your new home will be beautiful! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Rosey - Ouch, Rosey, your poor ankle! Hope it heals quickly, take care of yourself. Been meaning to ask...how do you handle evenings..you never seem to snack ...don't you get hungry before bedtime? Do you go to bed early? Sometimes I think I should go to bed right after dinner!
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #80  

Hi everyone and happy weekend,i finally got to sit in the sun today amongst the snow banks but it was warm and i enjoyed it. its been quite the week for me,i posted on facebook about my 3 strikes,my old body sure is sore and ive got some nice colorful bruises but im ok. i never put a roast in the oven like that befor,as i lost my balance and tried to regain it that roast got tossed in the oven like i was slinging a basketball. gee whiz it turned out good tho lol. nothing exciting planned for the weekend,hope yours is fun peaceful and on plan. maryea,i do snack usually in the afternoon,rarely at nite tho, i made it a practice to not eat after 8pm. it was really hard at 1st but i got used to it. i try and eat more protein at nite and we eat after 6 pm so it stays with me longer, sometimes i'll have a coffee mocha tho. it does help that i cant eat alot becuz of the size of my stomach, but i did find out during the holidays that i can graze alot rosey

breakfast
cinnamon coffee
larabar

lunch
tuna hot dish 1 cup
cukes and tomatoes
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha
pretzels

dinner
slice of beef roast
carrotts and potatoes
Old 04-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #81  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

It’s been a nice day off. Beautiful sun shine, nice temperature.

Maddie did something else real sweet that I was gonna share, but I’ll be darned if I can remember now what it was. One of those senior moments I guess ~ LOL.

Rosey ~ I’m sorry for all your mishaps this week. You are one of my inspirations ~ no matter what happens, you have such an awesome attitude. I think your ability to find humor in situations helps you make it through. I found myself thinking of you several times this week ~ and thinking ~ Rosey would be smiling despite……what ever it was.

Mary ~ sorry you did not rest well last night ~ hope tonight is better for you.

Cajun ~ are your muscles a little less sore now. How much more painting do you have to go before you are done?

Bobbi ~ your plans for your new place sound nice. Exciting to get to fix it up how you want. We had wainscoting in the dining room of one house we lived in (75 year old home). Wainscoting on the lower wall, and pretty flowered wall paper on the upper half. I thought it was pretty. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say ~ I guess. It was a medium brown color wood ~ I called it the peanut butter cookie wall ~ why do I relate things to food ~ LOL.

K3 ~ hope that pollen goes away soon. Loved your bubble idea for Rosey. Glad your new bridge player is doing a good job.

K31 ~ did the storms pass you by? The spring time on Broadway thing in your town sounds like a fun time. Did the weather cooperate for that?

Donna ~ are you feeling better yet? Hope so. Did SamCat take good care of you?

Well, almost time for bed. Back to work tomorrow. At least I don’t have to get up as early as I have been lately. I have been getting up earlier than I usually would to make sure Corbin gets up in time and doesn’t miss the bus.

Hope you all have a nice weekend. Hello to anyone I missed.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #82  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

It's going to be pretty today! My cousin's son will be over later to finish up the raking. He's slow but thorough! Today's the first day of the Health Fair, but I think I'll wait until next week and give the crud time to go completely away.

Rosey - I hope you don't have any more mishaps to report this week! Take CARE of yourself.... although I do enjoy the undignified guffaws I produce from reading your adventures!

Mary - thanks for the computer tip! That would be startling, to say the least!! Do you know how it happened? It used to be a "fun" thing to turn on animation on an unsuspecting coworker's computer, back in the olden days. It was source of much immature jocularity!

Bobbi - I do hope you're doing daily pictures of the before so we can compare with the after! You sound so energized and excited! Do you have a time table in mind for moving into the CatHouse? And I definitely can see you running rings around Bruce! Let us know when CatHouse becomes an offensive name, rather than a descriptive name!

Gayle - how go the battles at your house? I hope things are calm, at least for the moment. During this process, any calm day is a good day!

Thanks for asking... yes, I'm MUCH better and think I'm about 94% today, up a point and 1/2 from yesterday. I went back to work on Thursday, thought I'd pass out, but Friday was such an improvement. Thursday knocked me off dead center toward quick progress. Nasty, nasty bug!

My brain just died! I know I'm forgetting lots of you, and I apologize! I think a cup of coffee would be a good idea!

Hope this is a good Saturday! Are there lingering storms out there? Today would be a good day for early spring, yes? Later, lovelies!
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

OMG what happen to today? I have found that it takes me awhile to get going in the morning then my knees are okay for a few hours before they get back to super creaky. So I do everything I can in that window. What used to take a few hours is now spread out over 3 days.....sighhhhhh. Between that and my full switch is broken. I am not hungry until I eat and then I could eat nonstop for hours...grazing and never full. Ain't old age fun!

Donna...just got Kingdom and will watch later. Dr Pol is on the wildNG cannel and tomorrow night is the midwives.

Yesterday a sweet lady who had heard Willma and I talking about the "Blue Bells of Scotland" told me she, her DD and a librarian couldn't find the trilogy. Nowhere no how! Online or library sources!! I had to listen careful she was looking for the blue berries of scotland.

Frequently when I open 3fc the ad in the right column is for flea meds and the dog scratching the door looks exactly like our Dash.
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #84  
Donna

KarenFL - I'm THOROUGHLY enjoying "Kingdom", and I'm not getting tired of it. I'm well into season 2. Enjoy, enjoy! Did you read the Blue Bells of Scotland? I wonder if it's like Outlander?

Spent the day crocheting, reading (2 books!), and watching "Kingdom"... my butt is numb!

Last edited by jess1; 04-13-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Donna....sort like Outlander but swapping characters...loved the story line and can't wait for last book...out this summer!
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #86  

Hi everyone. a nice day,even got to sit outside for awhile and the sun was soooo warm did some needed house work and gorked alot. rosey

breakfast
coffee
granola bar

lunch
roast beef sand 1 slice bread
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha
100 cal popcorn bag
grapes

rice hamburger helper
(made with moose and extra vegies)
chow mein noodles
Old 04-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #87  
Donna

I know that a lot of you watched the eagle cam last summer, the Decorah Eagles. Apparently, they (or the camera) have moved, but here's a new link to a family living on the Catalina Islands in CA. There are 3 babies (oh, so curious!!), Mom, and Dad. Dad can be identified by the red marks at his wing joint, maybe an injury? Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

http://www.pawnation.com/2013/03/28/...eggs-hatching/
Old 04-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #88  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Two days down ~ one more to go. It was kind of a quiet weekend at work. Shhhhhh ~ nobody heard me say that. Hope I haven't jinxed anything and we get paid back with a horrible day tomorrow.

I remembered finally the cute thing Maddie said the other day. She said she wished she could make a magic potion that would make me be able to run fast even though I am old. I hope you guys aren't sick of me blathering on about my grandkids. I just can't help myself.

It was a beautiful day out today ~ got to enjoy it as I walked in and out of work. Oh well ~ maybe it will be nice on Tuesday ~ my day off.

Hope you all have had a nice weekend.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Gayle, That is so cute that Maddie said-- I hope you are writing all these things down in a book to give her later when she grows up!! So cute!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #90  

thats so cute what Maddie said. you should write them down cuz you will forget.good idea Karen31. nice quiet day, coffee and the sunday paper, sitting in the sun, a visit to see steves mom,then a car ride for an wild berry smoothie. hope yours was nice too. rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
1 egg,fried potatoes,small slice of ham
grapes
more coffee

snack
wild berry smoothie with w. cream

dinner
baked pork chop
1/2 baked sweet potatoe
brussell sprouts
applesauce

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-15-2013 at 12:35 PM.