Old 04-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #46  

Height: 5'3"

Might as well post todays menu too and I know what I'll be snacking on tonight. Not good, had too much for lunch esp and tonight we just each snacked our dinner as I forgot to thaw out the meat. At least posting it here makes me more cognizant of how I've done and makes me determine to be more careful tonight.

breakfast
pb mocha (added fiber)

lunch (out)
turkey and ham on wheat bread sub, jack cheese, but lite on mayo and lots of veggies
child-size ice cream cone

dinner
spinach (just raw, I like it)
sunflower seeds
strawberries
pb mocha (added fiber)

eve smack
5 baby carrots
tea (no sweetner)

Calories 1667 (higher than I'd like), carbs for day ok, but too many at lunch.

Last edited by maryea; 04-06-2013 at 11:00 PM.
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #47  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Sunday Morning...I'm skipping church today, will listen to sermon on radio instead. (Woke with another migraine) I've had the air purifier turned off for a couple of weeks now, will keep it off until we get our next electric bill. I just want to know if that's the culprit or turning the lights on in broad daylight

Our realty company had 4 open houses yesterday, including ours. Nobody showed up for any of them. People in our area just aren't buying homes right now, it's depressing. BUT, the lady from Minneapolis that showed interest had her agent drive down and look at our home last night, that's encouraging. He said she's still recovering from knee surgery but should hear from her in a couple of weeks. Please pray for us, we need to move this house.

Mary... I can't lose weight if I eat more than 1,000 calories, you do great if you can lose on over 1600. Good for you! I envy your protein choice, nuts! Oh how I love them.

Rosey...Can you send some bean soup our way? Wish I lived next to you, I love bean soup. I made some potato salad yesterday after reading it from your menu. I love celery and onion in it but find it gets watery the next day. (celery and onions sweat). So I skipped the celery and put onion powder in place of the real thing. It's just not as good, maybe I could stir in the celery in our portions only? Does anyone else have problems with watery potato salad the next day?

My menu yesterday:

Quote:
Breakfast:
Fiber One, Flax & Chia seeds
3 oz. Applesauce with Cinnamon/Stevia
Vanilla Yogurt, fat free (homemade)

Lunch:
banana skinny shake

Supper:
Nathan fat free hot dog
light hot dog bun, mustard and dill relish
guamole with chips
potato salad...thanks rosey for making me hungry for it.

Evening snack:
Carob pudding
SF/FF Cool Whip

Last edited by Bobbolink; 04-07-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hello all....geesh Bobbi I was going to ask you what's happening with the electric bill. Sorry about the headache. But to make it worse, our tomato plants have little mators growing. DHGm used to say in Winter they were ToMahToes, Spring tomato and Summer mators! The south Fl fruits and vegies are in season. And some one has reopened my favorite stand.......

I have stuck to my diet plan now for over 3 months and am losing on schedule, BUT I want to change the rules. You should be rewarded with extra weight loss when you don't cheat. I sat watching 3 hrs of Dr. Pol last night and planned everything I wanted to graze on. Chips, Chocolate, Cookies (notice all the Cees). I never left my chair and 11pm felt I should get awarded 2 lb weight loss! RIGHT! Don't give me the bussiness of what I would have gained....I want an award Now!

Mary...Like Bobbi I can't loss weight over 1000-1200 calories. and at 1200 i can stand still. But must get 1000 or again stand still. Love the evenings when I realize I have to eat something more.....Of cours if I had my durthers I'd eat from sundown to 12M nonstop.

Rosey...When will you hear if tuck is on? I'd love to have the apron gone. Been thinking tumbtacks?????

Washer just finished and needs sorting. where do all these dirty clothes come from? A Troll? k3

Last edited by Karen3; 04-07-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 333.5/306.5/200

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

Good afternoon ladies! Last night had snow all through the night and woke to it as well. Yard and deck are once again covered in the stuff. Canadian springs seem to be a bit crazy the last couple of years. Happy spring!
meandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #50  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Meandu...I love Max Lucado, his books, his mini sermons.

K3...WaaaaaaaI want fruits and veggies in season now!! I did plant 44 pots of seeds today. lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, cabbage, basil,
egg plants, cilantro, parsley, dill, oregano, chives and self healing plants.
Quote:
But to make it worse, our tomato plants have little mators growing. DHGm used to say in Winter they were ToMahToes, Spring tomato and Summer mators! The south Fl fruits and vegies are in season. And some one has reopened my favorite stand.......
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #51  

It's been a great day so far. We had a special church service this morning as it was the "official" changing over of senior pastor. We love them both and are also glad that our "old" pastor will still be here as the foundational pastor and leader of the senior group. It is a pretty large church and even the senior group is pretty big. There was a reception afterwards. I saw lots of people that I rarely see, it was really fun! I'm not tracking my eating today, but I tried to be careful.

Meandu - You are another one with snow? Where are you located? I'm glad I'm here in the NW with milder climate..you that get snow are tougher though.

Karen3 & Bobbi - I'm fortunate that if I eat less than 1600 calories I can usually lose weight for a while. If I ever got down to 150 or less or course I'd have to decrease that. I don't expect to lose at 1600...but usually I maintain unless I consume around 1670 or more. When I was younger I had a VERY fast metobolism and that is why I stayed skinny, then thin, then ok, then not bad LOL for so long, I could eat all I wanted and not gain weight but gradually it caught up with me or I should say my metabolism slowed down so I can't do that anymore. I guess it still must be fairly fast though since I can lose if I just eat less than 1600. I think also it is because from my mid-30s- mid-50s, I didn't diet much...I pretty much just allowed the weight come on. I think the more you diet the less you can eat and still lose weight. You'd think that considering I can eat more than many women and lose would make it easy to lose, wouldn't you? But nope, because all through those years of eating, I also developed a very big appetite and my inner child still thinks I should be able to eat all/what I want.

Rosey - I keep forgetting to tell you....I am reading a book called Alaska - one man's dream, one woman's nightmare or something like that. It is the story of a couple, and his dream has always been to go to remote Alaska and build a home there. She is not interested at all! At first I was a little bored because she kept going back and forth about how she didn't want to go then deciding it might be ok etc. I wanted to yell at her, just say NO and stick to it! LOL But gradually as I read I got hooked on the story. They had SO many challenges and it was interesting to see how they came up with solutions to every problem they faced even though they usually suffered a lot before they did. Her feelings would go back and forth...often between real despair and fear (why did I ever agree to this!) and enjoying the rewards of their difficult work. Sometimes I'd get a bit irritated at this, and his stubbornness (made me thankful for my man!) but then I'd realize how often I am up and down in my emotions too. I am almost done with it now and I have often thought of you while reading it. I think you'd probably enjoy it and might be able to relate to some of her ups and downs. I got it free on Amazon for my Kindle.

Last edited by maryea; 04-07-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #52  

Hi everyone. we are having strange weather too. was up early to a beautiful sunrise and sunny skys,about an hr later it clouded over and the wind came up soon it was snowing like a blizzard for an hr,then quit and the sun came out and now is beautiful again but all melty. Maryea that does sound like a book id like and similar to my life here as i didnt want to move either and have had lots of adventures, but now love alaska and happy where im at.Karen3, i have to have 6 months of rash and skin issues checked 1st befor they will submit to ins. so if im approved it will be after august this yr befor i can have my tuck. gives me time to loose some more for a better outcome,however my dr and i were discussing the fact that my body likes where im at now so i dont gain or loose. if i quit all carbs again i bet it would work tho but thats really hard to stick to. i got some new t-shirts and i like to jazz them up,on e-bay you can get iron on transfers, i like the rhinestone ones. well today i was jazzing them and one of the transfers didnt work well.some just wouldnt stick,so i got out my be-jewler and started heat glueing the rhinestones on one at a time. 2 and 1/2 hrs later i managed to make it look like it was suppose to. what ajob,but glad i saved the shirt as it was never worn yet. nothing else planned for today. leftovers for dinner. hope your weekend was blessed rosey

breakfast
coffee
sm piece of mexican corn bread

lunch
1/2 egg salad sand
watermelon
iced tea

snack
coffee mocha
100 cal mini bag popcorn

dinner
bean soup
watermelon

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-07-2013 at 08:12 PM.
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 333.5/306.5/200

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

Good morning ladies. Well it is spring in Canada and there is snow on the ground. I was hoping that the weather would cooperate and bring some sun and warm weather. I can't wait until I can get outside even if it is just out on the deck for a bit of sun.
meandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning goldens,
Didn't know that 1 little old paint brush moving up and down could hurt so bad. When I say hurt I literally hurt from head to toe. We painted mil house Saturday and Sunday. Both ds and 1 of the ds girlfriends helped dh and I. We got all painted 2 coats except under carport and patio and east wall. Then we trim the porch and windows and shutters. We were surprised that we got that far. We thought it would be just dh and I.
Ds went to dr Friday and is feeling much better. He's getting excited. His house should be in either today or tomorrow.
I guess it will be more painting after work at 5:30. Usually it gets dark around 8 so I can get a lot done. I will have to cook supper early today.

Meandu~when do you stop getting snow? Our spring has already started.

Rosey~I would love to see what you did to the tshirts.

Maryea~ I also started writing down everything I ate last week and it really helped me too. I can relate to our babies growing up so fast. My youngest son is getting a new home this week. Yes he's going to be in my back yard but I'm still going to miss him not being here in our home. The mess he leaves behind not so much. Lol

Bobbi~sounds like your lady is still interested in your home. My dh and I also do our own projects if we can. But usually its for our camps. He says he's not a certified carpenter but a satisfied carpenter.

Karenfl~ I admire your courage for sticking to your diet for the last 3 months. I did that last year for 9 months and lost 53 lbs and since then I've been playing. I'm trying so hard to get back on track. I had a couple mess ups this weekend but with painting I did I think I will be ok.

Gotta go. Lots to get done.

Hi to all I missed.

Hugs
Cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Golden Girls-

I'm reading this from my I phone and my vision is not that great for tiny letters. I saw that Karen FL mentioned Rosey's tuck. Then I saw Rosing Talking about looking down and deciding to bejewel them! Adding sequins with hot glue...I um, figured I better enlarge the print and read that section a little closer. Ah, T Shirts are getting the sequins. I really needed a good laugh! I'm sitting at DCA (Washington DC national airport) crying cuz I only got to see DS for a day and a half. I was coming to the golden girls to tell my tail of woe. But I keep smiling when I picture Rosey putting sequins on ...well, I thought she was putting them on her "the girls." I thought you must be serious if you were resorting to hot glue. Lol! DH is asking me what's so funny! Hope you didn't burn yourself with the glue! Hugs!

If you reread the message and skip over the T shirt part, you can see what I thought. The part that said "one at a time," well, I thought , right one, left one.

Last edited by deelee10; 04-08-2013 at 01:42 PM.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Deelee what a laugh I got at your misread post. Sorry about you not seeing your ds for long. When they grow up their time is never enough for us.

Hugs cajun
Cajunlady165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #57  

Just got home from the gym. I felt better today so besides my walking and biking, I did a couple of the other weight machines , one for my back and one for my legs. Gradually working back into my usual routine.
I have made a new friend recently and enjoyed talking with her as we biked. I forgot my PT appt this morning though, they called and we changed it to this afternoon.

Nothing much going on here...continue to hunt for the DVDs I hid from myself How I managed to hide them so well, I don't know...

Deelee - Had a laugh over your misreading about the bejeweling Actually I was a bit confused myself when I read it for a while.

Meandu - Answered my question...you are in Canada. I'm sure it does get cold up there. Dh just informed me that we are suppose to NOT get anymore rain for four days...that will be nice, so hope it holds true, esp for him as he really doesn't like the rain. I figure it's not snow at least. Snow is pretty but not for me.

Last edited by maryea; 04-08-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #58  

Well that sure made my day bejewled tata's, i reread my post and it made perfect sense to me but maybe i should have explained more. maybe i was trying to establish a new style for us "GG" rosey
Old 04-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Now we know why he brings her flowers!
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #60  

rosey

breakfast
coffee
larabar cherry cobler

lunch
tuna salad
iced tea
1/2 apple

snack
coffee mocha
100 cal mini bag popcorn

dinner
1/2 c potatoe salad
3 BQ meatballs ( about ping pong ball size)

snack
cheese stick
10 pretzels( yup i count them)
iced tea