Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #16  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

KarenFL - apparently it's "bashing" if we talk about a celebrity... but since we're close, personal friends, and since we are NOT bashing, I guess it's okay? Our is strictly objective observation....

Good for you on the cappuccino... maybe you could even tell her that you'd share if she'd ever share (sweetly and then bless her!)?

Got laundry done, folded, and put away. I like to do laundry, and I hate to put it away! Same with dishes...

Enjoying my day............ hope you're all enjoying yours!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Is it really afternoon. Cold and dreary here temps still in the 40's. Birds are feeding like mad. I spent all morning getting my share of the tax stuff organized. Appt is Tuesday with CPA. Think my eyes will be crossed permanently. So much stuff was fine tiny print. Cleaned the kitchen and as I finished DH was standing there asking for a task....after they were all done!!!! I know Dee trying is wortha hug...gesh

Made omelets this am with the turkey crumbles. They were really good and Dash who doesn't like eggs wanted my whole plate. I was getting more coffee and came back to find him with his nose pressed against the bottom of the plate. Not touching just inhaling.

DD has her surgery Tues. They have be at the hospital at 5am. Would you believe she lost a cap yesterday. Left a pleading phone call with denist!

Dinner is leftovers and so I can spent the rest of the day with feet up reading. Now that's a plan! BBL k3

ps do we have spell check police? I misspelled organized and when I clicked preview it was starred?????

Last edited by Karen3; 03-03-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #18  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosey and Glynne...I thought of you when I saw these eggs, looks like something you'd make your grandkids.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 230/170/125

Height: 5' 1"

Default I have been reading your posts.....sounds like you

all are a GREAT group!!! Mind if I join ya? I love to be online and looking for a group that is "busy". Currently I am on another board here of a great bunch and looking for a few more friends to support and be supportive of in our weight loss journey. I live in a "BRRR" cold climate and every winter I pack on the pounds as I just can't get out to exercise having Raynauds disease. Today it was warm enough to get out. I did a 3 mile power walk. Back to work tomorrow but I am hoping I can start walking after work. My diet of choice is South Beach though my Italian heritage causes me to eat "I swear" LOL! I love food and it is a constant struggle! I am also an idle snacker and I have to break that! HELP!!! Shar
Old 03-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #20  

Hi everyone. here it is 5pm and i just got home. we went to church today. i love going to church,it sets my week right. steve hated going to church as akid and as an adult (family issues) and out of the blue he decided he wanted to go to church,very puzzeling to me,however God plants little seeds sometimes. i was happy to go with him.its a nondenomination church,small,very casual and friendly folks. i liked it very much. then went to a baby shower and just got home. im pooped. hope your weekend been awesome and yes Bobbie I'd make those cute eggs lol. welcome shar,tell us a bit about yourself and dive in we are a great bunch if i do say so and i do rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
baby shower snacks,ham roll ups,macaroni salad,vegie sticks and dip
1 small piece of cake ( my dd made it yummy)

dinner
ham and cheese sand in apocket pita
about 10 p chips
coffee mocha
Old 03-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bobbi--got to find out about the eggs-----what are the eyes and nose made of? I sent this picture to my sister and she thinks it is great and would like to make some for her grandkids...

Welcome Shar! Just jump in. Let us know more about you and how things are going in your neck of the woods.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #22  

Height: 5'3"

Hope you have all had a good Sunday. It was a beautiful day here, the sun was shining and no rain although it was chilly. We went to church, it was our pastors last full sermon (he will share Easter) as Sr pastor, so it was kind of a special service. We have a new young Sr pastor now ...they have been transitioning into this. We love them both and he will continue to be around, just in a different capacity. I feel very blessed as I am part of a good local church with good teaching.

After church we went to Costco for gas so decided to have lunch there. We shared a pizza and I took the smallest half. Another NSV too...I bought a mocha freeze...I know, I should never never...but this time it was too sweet/rich to me and I kept getting brain freeze so I only drank 1/2 of it!! That's unheard of! So I am changing I guess even if slowly and only a little at a time! I told dh if I even consider getting a mocha freeze again, remind of today...they always upset my tummy anyway even the little bit I drank today and way too many calories and carbs.

Still having pain in my left shoulder/arm so going to the doctor tomorrow. I do think it's better and is probably on the mend but it is still bothersome and feel it's lasted long enough that I should get it checked. I can't imagine it could be fractured or I'd have been forced to go in long before this. Dh said maybe it's dislocated..hmm..never thought of that...but would it even get a little better if it were? I also have one of those "old age" growths for the doctor to remove so have another reason to go in too.

Dh's bp has been up. He had a bad dizzy spell a 2-3 weeks ago, and his bp was 201/117! I wanted to call the doc but he remembered he'd not taken his meds. So I got them for him and then he discovered when we got back from the trip, he hadn't taken them for a week, or almost a week! I know that can cause the BP to rebound. He started taking them and gradually it came down some but still has remained too high so I called the doc and he doubled his dose and asked him to come in this week. So not sure if it's just a temporary thing still due to not taking his meds for a while or what's going on.

Are you guys posting today's meals or yesterdays? I forgot how we used to do that. I have been thinking I would post mine but most days I goof up in the evening and then I hate to post EVERY snack I eat!! I have been eating lower cal snacks though. Popcorn has been my worst snack recently as I eat too much of it. I ran out of mocha mix (I'm sad but know it's for the best at least for a little while) and dh is no longer storing chocolate bars and sunflower seeds for me. I'm still not strong enough to have my favorite goodies around me...hopefully I will be one day. LOL I'm ONLY 70 years old, after all..... Well at least I can laugh at myself.

Here's what I've eaten so far today but I will likely eat more this evening. If I'm not too embarassed and have time, I'll perhaps edit this.
Breakfast
Two frozen whole grain waffles with 1 t Smart Balance and 1 t. powdered sugar on each one
cup NF milk

Lunch
Small slice of Combo pizza
1/2 mocha freeze

PM snack
cup NF milk with 1 T chocolate syrup

Dinner?
Salad of lettuce and celery (no dressing)
1/2 banana
Chai Tea Latte (1/2 c nf milk)

Rosey - Glad your dh is going to church now. I too reread my favorite books. I haven't read Into the Wilderness...I'll check it out. I really liked the Alaska one and I think you recommended it, didn't you?

Shar - Welcome to our group!

Karen3- We are having someone else do our tax return for the very first time, I have always done it before! Not sure if I'll do it again next year but this year it was a little more complicated and I just didn't want to do it.

Last edited by maryea; 03-03-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 230/170/125

Height: 5' 1"

Default Good Morning Ladies!!

Oh those little chicky eggs are so cute!! I will have to make em for my grandkids too! I have 2....a girl who is 11 and a boy--5.
Well it is snowing llike crazy here this am.....off to work and then will do my power walk...3 miles....hope the roads are cleared....I will NOT let anything stop me!!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #24  
Bobbi

Good Morning girls and welcome Shar

KarenMo...I found the picture of the eggs on facebook but no recipe. I think you just need to cut up a black olive for the eyes and looks like a carrot for the beak. That would work.

Rosey...My dh doesn't ever go to church after having a bad experience there. I read my Bible every morning along with a daily booklet that talks about the Bible verses. About two years ago I talked DH into at least doing the daily lesson and Bible reading. I told him since he doesn't do church, he could give God 15 minutes a day. So far, he's never missed, I'm waiting for that seed to sprout into attending church again. I get impatient with God but it's all about HIS timing, not mine. (Sorry, didn't mean to get off on this subject.)
How's the wall hangings?
Mary...yes, please post your menu's. I do mine from the day after since I don't plan a day ahead. I have a pain in my right arm from playing too many Scrabble games on the computer. If I lay off for a day, it gets better. Weird!
Donna...so you get a little talking to from the monitor of Golden Girls? That mad me giggle. I didn't know we couldn't talk about celebrities.
I have to take a shower and clean up for the day. We did have a 10 am appointment to look at a house but all schools are closed and it's a total white-out in the country. When I let Charlie out this morning, the wind whipped the door open and I had all I could do to hold it. Geeezzz, thats the one thing I hate about getting old. Little by little my strength is leaving this old body.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #25  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Goodmorning GG's,

Bobbi ~ thank you for sharing the chickie eggs idea ~ they are so cute.

Welcome Shar ~ and way to go with the determination ("I will NOT let anything stop me!!!!")

Hello to everyone else. Off to work ~ last day of a 3 day stretch then off tomorrow. Yippee. Sun is shining today ~ love that sunshine.

Hope you all have a great day.

Take care
Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #26  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All….

First Monday off. I hope I like this new schedule and don’t get too wiped out working 4 days in a row! We’ll see! And there are big, fluffy snowflakes coming down! The WF didn’t predict it… big surprise!

Sounds like you all had a good weekend.

Bobbi – the deviled eggs are really cute… and the little urchins will love them! Kids like deviled eggs, don’t they? Speaking of which, but not at all… I recently rewatched “March of the Penguins”, and these eggs reminded me of the wee baby penguins.

And, yes, I did get a little talking to, but it was a long time ago… I mind, though, and so I remembered!

KarenFL – depending on which browser you use, you should be able to highlight the word that you think might be misspelled, right click on it, and the correct spelling will be listed.

Shar – welcome! We ALL love food here, I think It looks like you’re making excellent progress, though, if your weight squiggly is true. (Mine is purely for decoration, sigh…)

Rosey – glad you had a good Sunday! How is Steve feeling? Nice that he wants to go to church and that you want to go with him… Was the baby shower fun and did you do lots of goofy games (like the melted candy bars in diapers? Good grief!!) Do you have pictures of the wall hangings yet?

CK – yo!

Mary – good to hear from you. Hope your booboos are little, and that you’re feeling better soon!

Gayle – is your life calm? When will you hear anything about getting some help at work? How is your DD doing?

Nothing exciting on the agenda. I saw some Canadian geese out pooping on the lawn, so I threw them some stale biscuits. They’re beautiful birds! When Sabrino was alive, he told all his cronies about me, and I had raccoons, squirrels, skunk, and all his buddy stray cats, hanging out in the yard; since he died, I don’t see any of them. No, I do NOT put food out, anymore, except for the birdseed and stale bread.

I think I’ll go turn up the thermostat and then do something productive and/or constructive!

Have a good day, all!
Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #27  

Hello everyone! Just a minute here this morning to say Hello!! I want to attack the rest of the house this morning before we decide to do something else. I got the bathroom floors and kitchen floor cleaned yesterday--- I really do LOVE my H20 mop but need to use it more often... it always looks so nice afterwards. Now I want to finish a couple loads of laundry and get the rest of the house caught up.

Bobbi, thanks so much for getting back to me on the eggs.. She thought it might be pepper for the eyes-- I was thinking that would be a little much for the grand kids but black olives make more sense... Already let her know and she plans on making these for her grandkids.

Donna, I forgot you started a new schedule today... good luck on the new schedule. How is everything else going on at the job now? Hope things have settled down for you.

Rosey-- would love to see pictures of the wall hangings. And I love starting my Sunday out with church! Then we usually do "brunch" somewhere afterwards with the family. It just seems to start your week off right!

Karen-- how are you doing and how is your DD? I can't believe you are already starting to talk about jumping in the pool! I need to start thinking of that too and see if I can't find a decent "cheap" above ground pool. I still want something that is a good size but don't want to spend a fortune. I really miss the pool we had but we sure don't need anything that big. BTW, the people that bought it almost ruined it the first year! GRRRRR!!! My neighbor over there keeps me updated..

OK--- got to go and get busy!! Have a great day everyone!

Gayle, hope things are working out for you at your job too.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #28  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Girls Today is my lucky day to have found you'all here. I'm a March b-day girl (23rd) so I decided to look for a thread for +50's & saw March & read your page of wonderful, caring posts.

If you'all have room for another girl, I'd love to join U here. I need support & ideas to maintain my goal size/weight because I don't diet, I read labels & try to eat healthy & seldom binge eat. To b on a thread w friends my age group w common interests would b really great

Sooo let me know if your thread is topped-off or if there is 'room for me here'. I'll drop by on Tuesday to get your answer
Old 03-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #29  

Welcome Minidoodles---Glad to have you join us and feel free to jump in and tell us more about you. We always have room at the table for more.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #30  
Bobbi

Yesterday's menu. I don't usually track the calories on Sunday, my day off.

Quote:
Breakfast:
Fiber One, Flax & Chia seeds
Applesauce with cinnamon/Splenda
Yogurt
Vitamins

Lunch:

Sweet Soup Cabbage & Apple soup

Supper:
Pineapple Chicken stir fry
Brown rice
Chow mein noodles

Evening snack:
Gigantic piece of apple pie with cool whip. I thawed out some raw apples I froze last fall. I didn't know if I should have incorporated the thawing juices or not. I didn't and it turned out very good.

Bedtime snack:
Didn't track my stats today, I never do on Sundays.
Fat % (should be 20-35% range)
Carbs % (should be 45-60% range)
Protein % (should be 10-35% range)
Calories
Fiber grams
Closed Thread