Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

* the middle of. Not Theodore. Spell check doesn't get it right sometimes. Lol.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #137  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

What a busy person you are Cajun, you obviously enjoy living out of a suitcase. I'm envious of the rabbits your family plan on bagging. My SIL is Czech like my hubby and loves rabbit stew, I think she calls it Hausenfeffer. Rabbits are very expensive per pound around here, she has to travel out of town to get it.
We looked at a new house yesterday and it has everything we want in a house, 4 bedrooms too. Now only if our house would sell.

My menu for yesterday, and I worked hard at getting my calories up. Thanks Donna for alerting me to the nutritional aspect of my diet. I never pay much attention to the graphs. I'm consistently short in my protein and a couple of minerals. I ate some sunflower seeds last night and I finally reach 100% of my protein.

Carol Sue...I don't have a clue how many points in Weight Watchers I eat. I don't have a W.W. point book. Sorry!

Quote:
Breakfast:
Fiber One, Flax & Chia seeds
Applesauce
Yogurt
Vitamins

Lunch:
Kale veggie soup
2 Wasa breads with Laughing Cow Blue Cheese & sliced radish, pepper.

Supper:
Chicken Soup
Homemade lime jello with pineapple
4 large romaine leaves smeared with Laughing Cow Blue cheese wedge and rolled up.

Evening snack:

Lemon Custard with sf/ff cool whip
Romaine roll up was so tasty that I made another one except I rolled the leaves around an orange, YUM!

Sunflower seeds

calories: 1,049 and 45 grams of fiber

Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 245/241/140

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Goldies!
Geez, there has been so much going on with so many of you I wouldn't have time to do personals on everything.
Bobbi, I admire you for the way you do everything from scratch. I too like to do that, and HAD to do it when my kids were at home.

Karen, belated Happy Birthday! Cajun, congrats on your losses. Those holidays really do a number on a lot of us, don't they?

WELCOME to the new Goldies!

I've finally gotten back to where I was before I got sick and was put on that blasted Prednisone. In fact, I'm a pound lower than that, so I've lost a total of 23 lbs now. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I can tell now, in my fingers. Isn't that just the craziest thing ever? It would be nice if it REALLY showed up in my stomach or butt or face, but, not me! I lose it in my fat little short fingers first! Ha! I can tell a little bit in my clothes though, so maybe it is working on my belly and butt too.

I use SparkPeople religiously. It's soooo very easy to use, and what I really like about it is that you can make a list of favorites, and even enter new foods. For instance I made some homemade Honey/Mustard dip and just made a new nutrition facts page and put it into my Favorites.
I keep track of my blood glucose on there, and my weight and all my other measurements like waist, hips, neck etc, and it also keeps track of the fats, carbs, vitamins, cholesterol etc in my foods. You can make new things to keep track of too, like exercise, etc.

The guys have the insulation and moisture barrier up and one just left so I think he's going to the lumber yard to order the sheetrock etc.
I think it'll be going faster now.

Hope you all have a great day. More later, .....
Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Happy birthday, Karen. Sounds like you had a nice day.

AKRosey49, Congratulations on your swimming experience. Indeed, the snow on the dome sounds awesome.

Cajun Lady, Theodore of April really made me laugh. All I could think of before I went to the next page, where you explained, was that "Theodore" was some special hunters or Cajun celebration. I also thought of Beaver Cleaver. Anyway, thanks for the laugh...

I have been wandering in the wilderness for a couple of weeks now. Today, I decided I needed to find myself a new home on 3FC, so here I am, all 70 years of me. I have been eating all kinds of weird stuff and my DH gave me candy for Valentines.

The good news is, that in spite of eating indiscretions, no weight has been gained.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thanks for the Birthday wishes..

Cajun-- I was trying to figure that out too.... LOL!!

Welcome Gail42! Pull up a chair and jump in.. we look forward to getting to know you.

Gosh, it seems like it has been a whirwind week for sure! But has been fun!

Bobbi, good luck on the house deals.. It is so exciting when you find the "perfect" house but frustrating when you are still waiting for one to sell.. Makes the emotions go all over the place.. Stand back and take a deep breath and everthing will work out.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #141  
Susanjean

S/C/G: 186/170/130

Height: 5'2

Default Thanks for the welcome

Hi,all ! So nice to be here.I appreciate all the nice welcomes. It is pretty cold here in Iowa,but a nice,sunny day. I have walked the last few days,which felt amazing. Winter seems long here. So excited for spring.
I went to my WW meeting on Wed. and was a little disappointed. I lost 1.6 lbs.,and thought I would lose more. I even fasted for 2 days.I am eating more on target points this week,to hopefully,see a better loss.Guess I need to be patient and happy with my 13 lb.loss in 6 weeks. Have a great weekend,everyone!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #142  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

I went over and was looking at the blogs I have not been their in a while and people left some pretty rude things on my page so I wont be using that again. So I hope you guys dont mind if I write a little and you dont have to read it if you dont want to but It might help to get this out. I have been thinking about this alot. This may be my main problem and if you have any ideas how to help please do.

When I was born I only weighed 4 and 1/2 pounds I was two months early I was in and out of the hospital most of my 1st year of life the Dr's told my mom I would be lucky to live and if I did have a normal life with out some delays or mental problems I would be lucky. As you can see I am alive and well and the one problem I know I have is that I am FAT and it is because I kinda hoard food. But I dont have a self or a hide out I eat it. So i guess u could say that my stomach is the hide out or storage where I keep it all.

As growing up we never had food I could never go into the kitchen and open a cabinet and jest get some food out and cook it. from the time I was able to remember I would go to school I would eat breakfast at school a and then I would eat lunch when I got home their would be no telling if we had dinner. Summer time was the worst . I was number 8 in 12 children the first 5 was grown up and then their was the 5 of us that was from my dad and then 2 from a step dad. When summer rolled around we would be home with at the time taking care of the younger kids we did all we could to make sure they were feed. my mom decided that she didn't feel like paying rent so she moved us to a camp ground . Me as the oldest at home and my 3 younger sisters and a brother . We had no food but the potato's and corn they went and made us pick up out of the fields in town. so leave it to me as I was like 8 to start a fire and cook corn on the cob and potato's for the kids. My mom would get up when she woke up and she didnt come home till wee hours in the night.

When my brother in law got stationed here in SC he told my mom as long as she could pay to bring us with. We stayed their a year with them 9 people in a trailor. she finally got a place of our own and we still never had food even though she got food stamps and a check she seemed to buy some grocries and then sold the rest. It got to the point where me and my two sisters would rake leaves and stuff for money to go buy food for the little brother and sister. As I got older and in middle school I was being teased by kids for not wearing the up to date clothes and stuff. So I go embarrassed and stop going to lunch so I would spend all day in school and not eat when I got home I would hunt for food and eat till I couldnt eat any more. As I got to meet my hubby I got to where when I was around food I would eat cause I was so scared that their would be none tomorrow . I started packing on the pounds and when I got pregnant I only used that as a excuse to eat more. I see it now that when their is food and especially something sweet I would eat it like I couldnt let no one else have it I jest eat the whole thing. I couldn't stop it the urge to eat and eat till their was nothing left. I find that I still do that now. I am so sick of it I know I will have food in my house tomorrow but for some reason I can get it to click into place I shouldn't have to hide food from people jest so I can have it all . I don't know what to do I jest feel so hopeless any more. I jest don't know how much longer my body can endure this.

Thank you guys for letting me write this it helps so much to tell someone something..
Old 02-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Thanks for the welcome! Hi Butterfly 50. It sounds like you have made a pretty good analysis of what's going on with your weight. Good luck on your journey.

Bobbi, you are channeling Martha Stewart with your homemade jello. Here is how she does it:

Ingredients
4 C fruit juice - Martha says no Mango, Papaya or pineapple - I think it won't gel.
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin

Directions
Sprinkle Gelatin over 1 C fruit juice

Bring remaining juice to a boil. Pour boiling juice over gelatin-juice mixture, and stir until gelatin dissolves completely. chill. Serves 8.

I was a little off jello for the reasons Bobbi mentions. I tried this with one of the pomegranate juice combinations and it was good. It definitely doesn't have that "chemical-y" taste that some people like [me raising hand - love me some chemicals], but I am trying to learn not to be seduced by things I can't pronounce.

Last edited by gailr42; 02-15-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Add a sentence
Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #144  
Bobbi

Bonnie...your story brought tears to my eyes, I'm so sorry for your tragic childhood. It's no wonder you hoard food.
I wonder if you should seek out a professional for your food hoarding and we'll help you lose the weight. Keep you on track, that we can do. We all help each other with our weight loss, do a little whining, share our triumphs. As to the blog you spoke about, I don't even know where that is as I've never poked around over there. Ignore the cruel, thoughtless people.

Gail...I never knew how delicious real homemade jello was until I made the lime jello. I did put canned pineapple in it, I think it's just fresh you can't use.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #145  

Hi everyone. 1st of all Bonnie a for you today,i encourage you to vent your feelings here,but also like Bobbie said maybe some professional help to deal with those feelings. you are not alone, food is my drug of choice too. We had a late night phone call from mil's care givers,she was really waka-doodle and they needed steve to calm her down,poor thing,so steve stayed with her till she fell asleep. her dementia is geeting worse and laasting longer. im glad we are only about 2 miles from where shes at. we went to the pool again today and i increased my pool walking so today i did 3 miles (thats 27 laps) and also did some upper body work using the floaties as hand wgts. im pooped but feel good at the same time. still therapy crocheting hey it works lol busy hands keep me from eating. hoping you all are having a great day rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
1 cup bean soup
4 crackers with pb2 and sf jam

snack
coffee mocha
1 c grapes

dinner
baked pork chop
green salad
1/2 c rice
Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Bonnie-- Hugs to you!! Like Bobbie i was teary eyed too. t sounds like you have pretty good head on your shoulders and have faced this... be strong an of course, you can come here to vent, wine or jump for joy!! We will be her with you and for you!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #147  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah, GGs! Just saying hi to all, edited to make this a little shorter! Woot! Have a great Sunday!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 02-17-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #148  
Bobbi

Good Morning, we have a lovely snow coming down. Our cross country skis are still up in the rafters of the garage, normally we'd have skied by now. Things are just too much in the air to settle down until we sell our house.
Amaran, welcome back. Know what I remember about you? WOOT! It looks like you're only a few pounds away from your goal. You're right about our Golden Girls group, we have stuck together for a long time. We fall off our diet and don't post for awhile, then get some sense knocked into us and come back for accountability and re-enforcements. Sometimes it seems like we don't talk much about diet plans, more about our personal lives. But we all love to whine a bit, it's like having my best friend next to me. That's how I feel about the Golden Girls, all my best friends.
Yesterday's menu, I weighed and counted calories until supper time. After spending most of the day in the basement sewing, I was too tired to feed the food and portion size into Fitday so I won't post my calores.

Quote:
Breakfast:
Fiber One, Flax & Chia seeds
Applesauce
Yogurt
Vitamins

Lunch:
Banana, Ginger & pineapple skim milk shake

Supper:
Romaine salad
2 Flour tortillas with beef, lettuce, tomato, cheese, ffsour cream, green onion, salsa and refried beans.

Evening snack:
Lemon Custard with sf/ff cool whip. Since I wasn't counting calories, I put my sugar free custard on top of the lemon cake I made for DH. I scraped off the frosting and replaced it with my custard. I shouldn't have because I wanted another piece. Using all my inner strength, I didn't go back for a 2nd piece. (I darn near broke my arm patting myself on the back)
Old 02-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #149  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Saturday, all…

Can’t tell yet if it’s going to be a pretty day or not. I think the WF said it would be in the 50’s; therefore, we might have a snowstorm!

Rosey – have you gone back to the pool? Is this helping Steve’s booboos, too? Email me a picture of your dishcloths… fun, yes?

CK – glad you had a good birthday! How much are you being punished for all the celebratory meals out this week? Don’t fret! You’ll be back on track Monday!

Mary – glad you had a good birthday!

Did everyone have a romantic Valentine’s Day? Lots of candy and flowers and cuddles?

Cajun – your year of weight loss has been inspiring! What a good job you’ve done! Congrats…. And it sounds like both boys are doing well. Congrats on raising them so well, too!

Bobbi – I wasn’t the one who said you were low on your nutritional intake, but I’m glad you fixed it, if you were! And what news, re: housing? You’re right that this group talks more about personals than diets… as far as diets, mine is “blah, blah, blah, and blah” and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t ! And that all depends on how cooperative my mind is, at the time!

Speaking of which, but not at all… my brother and his wife are on the General Motors diet, supposedly put together with health care and nutritionist help, to keep the fat cats from stroking out. It’s pretty extreme. Bananas make me gag, so I don’t know if I could hack this, but here’s the link, if anyone is interested: http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/~jajoo/gmdiet.html

Carbie – yo! I’m always glad to see your posts, and I’m glad you’re feeling better.

Gail and SusanJean – welcome!

Looking forward to the weekend. I’m having a quickie Wendy’s lunch with a friend before she has both knees replaced next week (ouch!) and then it’s the usual domestic drudgery (sigh). Better get rolling! Hope you all have a good Saturday! Later, lovelies!

Old 02-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - You don't need to have a WW food list to figure out your points because all the information comes up on Fitday. I am just curious about it because you keep your calories the same so consistently.

Here are the calculators to figure it all out. This one will tell you how many points you are allowed to have daily.

http://gnomes22.tripod.com/dailypptarget.html

On this one you enter your fat, carbs, protein and fiber and it will tell you how many points you've had for the day.

http://www.webmilhouse.com/pointcalc.php Use the top one because the bottom one is for the old points system and doesn't coincide with the allowable points you calculated in the first one.

I hope things work out for you to get the house you like!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-16-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Closed Thread