Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Thank you both for the reassurances. It is very healing. Marie, you are so funny about the possibility of her screwing up the formulas sans knowledge to correct mistakes. Hopefully! lol

Cals yesterday-very bad. Exer- a long walk with my neighbor. Luckily my weight is still at 138 so I think I am enjoying the benefit of calorie cycling-I barely ate anything for a short while after my mini job disaster. Today will be challenging since we are having the kids over for a cookout and i am trying a new recipe for peanut butter m&m cookies with pretzel pieces. I am not too worried about it though since I am back to my old routine of exercising and making my healthy meals in my own kitchen. I can only eat so much today and I can return to the calorie cycling method later this week to make up for it.

Am2-You are right to be proud of setting a weight goal for yourself, reaching it and maintaining it. Way to go. I guess the bloggers have a different goal in mind. Peace of mind perhaps. That's cool.

Marie-It is great to read about your success with the controlled eating. You are in the zone. Too bad about the knee problem. They can be tricky for people of all ages. I have lower back issues that make many of the abdominal exercises in my Y classes too difficult so I often have to modify there so I think I know how you feel.

Enjoy the holiday!

Last edited by TERAPET; 05-27-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #377  
Empress/Queen

Woot! Good morning all! I need to get out of bed, just very tired this morning.

Tera, congrats on the weight loss front! Woot!

A woot to Marie, too!

I had a sort of stressed out but oddly fun holiday dealing with issues in seeing old friends, one of which old friends was my favorite DQ sundae lol. It is gluten free (although there can never be a guarantee in eating at a fast food place) & I had it twice in two days handled the calories well, left some in the bowl & was not tempted to binge from the sugar later, nor will I want it again for a long time. This was a departure from how I used to be so is a NSV.

Calories for day 1699, 12,000+ steps.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-28-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #378  

I have not been actually tracking my calories lately due to all the drama going on around here but I seem to be doing okay because my weight was actually only 137.5 this morning. I worry it could just be a fluke though but I am beginning to think I might actually be able to stay below 140 now. Cool! Worrying is useless anyway. I am enjoying my day, getting rehearsal dinner stuff done and enjoying my DD's company and watering my flowers. The weather here is fabulous. I have a small vegetable garden and a blueberry bush I am fussing with also. It will be interesting to see if anything really comes to fruition. The herbs are looking much better lately at least.

Marie-The DQ sundaes are a worthwhile splurge. Yum.

Last edited by TERAPET; 05-29-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #379  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Evening Tera and Am2!!! You both sound like you're doing well. WOOTS for Tera staying in the 13X's . Very good indeed. Just a quick question because I am the devious thought and have thought of your maniacal ex-boss - you didn't lock the cells in the spreadsheets, did you? I really, really want her to screw the entire workbook up!

Am2, my favorite DQ sundae is the turtle sundae (with requested hot fudge too because they only do caramel and anyone knows that turtle is caramel and chocolate) in the dipped waffle bowl. I don't even want to consider what those cals are! I love the chico cherry lovers Blizzard and that's what I usually get. The new mini size is fabulous and I don't have to deliberately throw away half of my purchase.

I've been good this week. Today will end at 1430 cals and a good elliptical workout. The knee is recovering nicely. Just a couple twinges occasionally to remind me I can't sit on my heels like a toddler any more. I wore the knee brace again this morning to protect it. Probably on the doggie hike tomorrow morning I will will wear it just to be safe. And it's supposed to be clear so maybe there will be a beautiful sunrise that I can snap a photo of. Yesterday was in the 1400s as well. So I'm doing well.

Funny story - yesterday my undies were snug and I was trying all day to figure out how I gained so much weight overnight that the undies were tight. And I'm not joking, I could believe I'd suddenly outgrew my newer undies in less than 12 hours. Then last night I see that they were slightly different and were an OLD pair from when I was at my lowest weight. A weight I don't want to return to. Can we all say RELIEF!!! I really thought I had a gallon or two of water weight gain.
Marie
Old 05-30-2013, 03:17 AM   #380  
Empress/Queen

Tera, congrats on being under 140! Woot! It's NOT a fluke, sounds like you have been ratcheting down. So nice you are able to get this relaxed time with DD & your garden & berry bush.

Marie, you are doing great with the calories. Lol, that is funny about wearing the wrong undies but I am familiar with the mindset of wondering if I could have gained when clothes feel unexpectedly tight or wondering if my successes are flukes.

I need to get out of a lot of negative mindsets that keep dogging me, actually. I am doing just okay emotionally & that has translated into high cal days too consistently. But I keep losing weight. The scale is paying games with me.

Anyhow, today was 2030 cals, 12,000+ steps & half hour of weights, plus went out & cleared brush around shared fence with my nice neighbor to the back for a while in the glorious sun. We have dropped to double digits this week, triples not expected back until weekend. I wil be glad, though, as heat is why I live in the desert lol.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-30-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #381  

cals-lots, no exercise. Okay, not doing so well on that calorie cycling as previously planned. Tomorrow, really! Actually today is my birthday and had mexican for lunch and Low Country Boil and Chocolate Cake for dinner. It was awesome but I really must get back on track tomorrow.

Marie-Naw, I did not lock the cells. My only thought was to impress the boss and make things better. Oh well. Everyday I feel better and ready to let go of the negativity and embrace whatever lessons there are to be gleaned in such circumstances. I did get to practice my Excel there. Good to hear the knee is coming around. Enjoyed reading your funny undie story. That would be some seriously quick weight gain. Phew!

Am2-Yardwork in the glorious sun sounds refreshing. I hope the sunshine helped lift your spirits a bit. Plus, now and your nice neighbor can enjoy your spruced up landscape.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #382  
Lifelong Journey Member

Am2, I love your description of the glorious sun and heat is the reason you live in the desert. It’s why I love living in the desert. Sadly my heat isn’t anything like yours. I live in the high mountain desert.

Tera, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Chocolate and cake definitely go together on the celebration of one’s birth. You really are doing great. And high cals on the birthday is to be expected and enjoyed.

I had a good day. DH and I are refinancing our house to a lower interest rate and number of years. The scary part was the declining home values. We were worried about enough equity for the loan. Happily the appraisal came back with enough room to spare. Woots! Basically a very nice day. I had my hair trimmed and my stylist can do my hair like no one else. It looks so cute. Too bad DH works swing shift. My doggies think it’s lovely I’m sure. Also I overslept a little this morning and the sun was too high by the time I reached the overlook so no pretty sunrise. Sadly, the prettiest sunrises are when it is wildfire season. Since I don’t want that seaon, we’ll go for missing the prettiest ones. Off to do a little work then bed.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 05-30-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:33 AM   #383  
Empress/Queen

Happy Birthday, Tera! Woot! Love your described meal of low country boil & chocolate cake! Sounds like a summery celebration meal!

Marie, lol, we have a few mountains around here but more the rocky kind that just jut out of the desert. And our city areas are very desert visible where I am. I do really love it so.

Had a nice day with an elder friend who is unexpectedly doing way better than I thought. Was very tired when I came home & figured I would not do the rest of steps as I had loads of them to go but then went ahead & walked a long time & got 12,000+ in! Calories 1450!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-31-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #384  

Hi Ladies-Thank you both for thekind birthday wishes. It was a lovely day. Still not counting calories yet managing to maintain. Phew! I am keeping busy with details for the rehearsal dinner. Getting ready for the wedding and visiting relatives is pretty much top of the to do list everyday now-except for the poor groom who has to worry about finding a job. Oh fate! ha,ha.

Marie-last thought on the Excel sheet. It hit me she will probably not use it. She seemed extremely attached to her own way of doing things. That helps me sleep better. lol. Congrats on mining a new source of wealth with the house refinancing.

Am2-Good for you for perservering through your fatigue. You are doing great.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #385  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning Tera and Am2!!! Summer is supposed to return today and get warmer. 70s today and then tomorrow it's supposed to go up. YAY!!! We finally put all my hanging baskets back outside yesterday. We'd had freezing temps the last week. DH will be putting the pool pump back together now that the parts arrived. The bearings on the motor went out last weekend. So I guess I should be thankful it was cold. We just put the robotic cleaner in to keep the water circulating. I will be relieved when the proper filtering is going! And then we can run the water through the solar panels and get the temp back up. Maybe swimming by Monday again!

Yesterday was a crappy day at work. Things that were out of control went wrong and made me behind on everything. I decided it was Friday the 13th with just the numbers reversed. I ellipticalled in the morning and ended the day at 1550. Without a doubt the frustration factor caused more of an intake. I rode my bike on the fluid trainer this morning and am ready for WEEKEND!!! After yesterday, I think a 9 day weekend would be best.

Tera, when is the wedding? Is it today? You mentioned the rehearsal dinner so I'm thinking close. Have fun and enjoy yourself!

Am2, I'm glad your friend is doing better than expected. That is always a gift. You are the walking queen.

Have a great day!
Marie
Old 06-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #386  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera and Am2 I hope al is going well for you both!

I'm sad that weekend is ending but I'm only working a half day tomorrow. It's supposed to be gorgeous out and DH has the day off. So I decided I'd work in the morning. Then DH and I going for a bike ride from a park to Starbucks and back. Motivation in the form of a frap.
Marie
Old 06-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #387  

Hello Marie! I did not realize I had not posted for a few days. My DD keeps running off with my laptop. The computer she ordered finally arrived but it has to go right back due to problems. She is sorely disappointed. I am happy to read your summer has arrived and with it baskets of flowers and swimming. Sounds lovely and refreshing. I was busy all day today shopping with a friend and planning a pretty centerpiece for the rehearsal dinner tables. I am spending more than planned but I expect it will look quite festive. I am putting together planters with a trailing geranium, pink and green caladium and asparagus ferns. Hopefully they will fill out a bit over the next week and a half with the help of some Miracle Gro. The planters will go in pretty baskets with burlap bows and raffia or something like that. My friend is the real talent for the decorative stuff. I love the plants though. I made it to the Y today and I think my cals were good. I am trying to be careful knowing I want my dress to fit nicely for the big day.

Hi Am2-hope all is well.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #388  
Empress/Queen

Woot to Marie & Tera. I am not totally gone & am reading posts but have a lot going on right now. Wanted to make sure to do a flyby that I assume I will be back at some point & that I have really appreciated your support on this thread.

Am now eating a lot more but consistently maintaining around 125, am wheat & gluten free & exercising, working some, just taking different directions in maintenance now so that I do NOT again have to do it all again. Working as hard on my emotions now as I do on my calorie count lol.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #389  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera and Am2. Sounds like we're all busy, busy. A flyby for me as well. Tera, the rehearsal dinner planning sounds like it will be very pretty. And you're being good so that is great!!!!

Am2, I hope all is well with you. I'm glad you're putting focus on your mental well-being!

I have not tracked since mid-day Monday. I've been pretty good so I'm not worried. I will put todays breakfast and lunch cals in and I'll be caught up for the day. I've been good today but I do feel my poking at me that since I haven't logged.... I can eat.... So I will log because mindless snacking is a big problem for me. The pool broke another part on Monday and the part arrived yesterday. DH was installing it this morning and hopefully the pool is heating. It's in the upper 80s and I want to swim! I had a good elliptical workout this morning. Life is scattered and hectic at the end of a school year. I'm currently waiting for my excel sheet to add the subtotal calculations in a mammoth sheet so I thought I'd do my flyby. I will be back tomorrow!
Marie
Old 06-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #390  

cals-not sure, no exercise although I did have an hour and a half dance lesson with my son.

I am a bit stressed, our refrigerator stopped working although the freezer was working. The repair man came out and replaced a part and left with directions if the fridge did not get cold we needed to turn the whole thing off for six hours. Unfortunately, no cold fridge after the repairman left so I found a neighbor to take a few freezer items for us and everything else went in the trash. Geesh. I am going to be soooo mad if this thing does not start working after the six hours and everything going in the trash. And of course, I tell my DS this story and he says, wow-another coincidence, his fiance smashed his car today. Luckily dear fiancee is safe and sound but again, geesh. On the good side, DS and I had a dance lesson today since we are both out of work and will be dancing a Mother/Son dance next week. DS was very good and received many compliments from the teacher, me-not so good. Ha, ha. That is life and what keeps dance teachers in business right?!

Marie-Hope your pool is in working order fast. I hope to get back to logging soon although probably after the wedding. It is very helpful.

AM2-Glad to hear the maintenance is going smoothly. It will be great to turn that successful winning spirit to your emotional well being.
Closed Thread