Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #16  

Height: 5'1"

Hi All,

I'm doing well today. Did well yesterday.

Yesterday I ate:
Breakfast was: 2 boiled eggs and a can ov V8.
Lunch was: A tuna sandwitch on light whole wheat bread and 5 green olives. And an orange.
Snack was: One of special K pastry crisps. 100 calories, strawberry tea
Dinner was: BBQ'd chicken legs (2) and cremed spinach and a small piece of corn bread.
After dinner snack: crunch oat bread and 1 tabs peanut butter

Exercise was: 1/2 hour on the treadmill and lifted weights

Off to a good start.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #17  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERAPET View Post
I am working on weaning off the baked goodies from the holidays. Hopefully I will stop craving the high calorie treats soon-today was better than yesterday. Today was the first day of this year when I actually tracked my food. I consider those things progress.
DITTO! Yesterday could have been better, but an improvement from the holidays. I found a new chart on-line that allows me to see the whole week of food journaling, with weekly starting and ending weights I think this will be a good tool for motivating me. I have started to add cinnamon and more fiber to my daily diet, any one else?

Have a great day Challengers! Diana
Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 289/271/189

Height: 5'8"

Okay, maybe someone on here can tell me WHAT Happend to the 2013 Fiesta Challenge?
Last word I got off that line of posting was that the teams were being made up and that we would hear on the 5th...(now its the 7th)...which teams we were put on and the new team links....not heard a word and they "closed" down the last thread on it....so does anyone know where it is at or what happend?
Rhonda
Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #19  

Another good day yesterday. I know it's only been a few days but I can already tell that I am feeling so much better. When I diet I just mostly cut the junk.

Yesterday my eating was good. I didn't have anything that wasn't on my plan. I got my exercise in, 1/2 hour of walking.

It just feels better to be fit! That is incentive enough to continue. That my clothes are again fitting looser is an added bonus!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 289/271/189

Height: 5'8"

Way to go Slim....
You go girl, keep up the good work.
Rhonda
Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Just stopping by to read posts and say hello. I have been doing okay calorie wise. I have been eating a lot of canned soup. It feels so good on my throat. I have gone back to smoothies for breakfast with the great price of grapefruits and oranges these days. Hopefully the vitamin C will help me kick this cold to the curb.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #22  

Hi,

Still doing well. Eating on plan and exercising every day. Terapet, I eat a lot of soup too. Really good for a quick lunch and calorie wise you can't beat it. Campbells has come out with a lot of new flavors. I've only tried a couple, but they are good.

Therapet, hope you feel better soon.

Freda
Old 01-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #23  
DIANA

Hi Ladies,

Terapet, give that cold the heave ho!

the slim me- so good to here you are doing well.

Food journaling, still could improve, but one day at a time. Exercise is going well, "I love exercise - I love exercise". Gotta say it does feel good afterwards!

Have a good day. Diana
Old 01-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #24  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Diana, way to go throwing out the goodies. I'm like you - the nibbling has to stop. I'm glad you found an online tracker you like.

Hi Freda, I've never heard of red palm oil. I'm not sure I buy any of Oz's hype anymore. Actually I don't buy any hype anymore. I guess I'm too skeptical. And WELCOME to our happy little group. Looser fitting clothes is a big NSV.

Am2, I'm with you and Freda on feeding a craving. Most foods I can stop with a couple bits or less, but certain foods leave a taste in my mouth that requires feeding until it is gone. Cheese-Its, animal crackers and milk chocolate. Dark chocolate doesn't do that so I don't have milk chocolate. Cheese-its at home isn't a diet killer but at work - bad bad bad. Heck, animal crackers at home isn't a diet killer. But work, bad bad bad. Literally, work (only in the morning) is a diet killer if I let the munchies free.

Tera, glad you're back safely from moving your DD and I hope you feel better. Keep tracking that food.

Rhonda, sorry, I don't know anything about the Fiest Challenge. I hope you can find it.

OK, so I've been gone since Friday, As we have a couple doggie chicks here, I know you'll understand my hibernation. Sunday I had the sad choice to make with my beloved elder husky. Blizzie passed away on Sunday morning. That was the end of wanting to chat with anyone. I'm getting better and here I am again. Other than my husky pack reducing to three, my life has been mostly trying to cope. I admit I ate 7 oreos on Sunday for lunch. I truly didn't care if I ate the whole sleeve and the cardboard box. Funny thing, since Friday, Sunday was my lowest calorie day. Because even though I was lost, I kept my promise to log every day for three months. Here's my totals:
Saturday: 1568
Sumday: 1388
Monday: 1706
Tuesday: 1650

If I can log my snacking while crying, I know I can do it anywhere. And I'm not crying anymore (just a couple sniffs occasionally) so the logging is easier. And some of you might remember my correlation a few months ago that when I don't log my food, I tend to ignore Quicken. That idea of out of control food-wise equates to out of control money wise ah-ha I'd reached. Yep, I have not been good about it but I've done the math in my head and I know I'm ok. But tonight I will get back on the financial logging train as well.
Marie
Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #25  
Empress/Queen

Marie, I am so sorry about your Blizzie. That is so very hard, I know.

I'll post more tomorrow or the next day. Not feeling well right now, but okay.

Calories way up there at moment lol.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #26  

Marie, I'm so sorry about your Darling Blizzie. So hard to let them go, even when we know it's our last gift to them.

I'm still doing OK. Stayed on tract yesterday. Didn't get to exercise. I was waiting for 4 oclock so I could watch Dr. Oz on TV while I walked on the treadmill. I got a phone call from an old friends and we talked forever, so it got put off. That's why I try to exercise every day. If I have to miss a day here and there, I still get at least 4 days a week in.

I did stray off a little last night. I woke up at 3 and my legs were aching. I got out of bed and took something and decided to read for awhile, giving it time to ease some of the pain. Decided it would help a lot if I had something to eat to take my mind off it. I didn't totally fall off the wagon. I counted out the snack I had, so it wasn't too bad. Could have been much worse. Like grabbing the bag and eating out of that. Bit no-no for me. I can eat half a bag without realizing what I'm doing.

What are some of your tricks for staying on tract?

I hope you feel better Amar

Last edited by the slim me; 01-10-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #27  
DIANA

Marie- So sad to hear of your dear pooch Blizzie. Animals give unconditional love and love us unconditionally too, really a blessing to have in our lives.

Feeling winter blue tonight, will try to check back in soon.

Hugs to All Diana
Old 01-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #28  
Empress/Queen

Finished Day 2 and working on Day 3 of my Good Calorie Level Challenge, which consists of merely staying at a good calorie level as defined by me (meaning 2000 at the highest and as low as I want to go as I calorie cycle). I started this for fun and because I've been down and out and eating too much and I can't for the life of me see why I should gain weight just because I feel a little blue and anxious lately.

But that was where I was headed and hopefully I've started to turn it around.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the weekend!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #29  
Empress/Queen

Ok dokey, back to where I was on January 1 and SO happy ... e.g., lost 1.2 and headed in the right direction.

If it were not 25 degrees outside, I'd go get cake but instead I had a healthy breakfast.

Woot! The GOOD CALORIE LEVEL CHALLENGE is on Day 3, which means there have been three successful days and I'm working on Day 4!
Old 01-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #30  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Am2, WOOTS! on the back to Jan 1 weight. You do so well. I really like your Good Calorie Challenge. That's sort of what my logging every day challenge is but taking it a step farther. You're very inventive with your plans to keep your maintenance/loss on schedule. I like that. I hope you're feeling better and less blue.

Freda, I used to have the exercise daily in my world and have veered from it. I think I need to get back to that. Actually I will mimic you on that and have an Move Daily challenge. I will still have my 4 days a week "structured" aerobics, but adding my PS3 move games would be great. I feel like tackling that today!

Diana, hope the winter blues head away from you. I have my blue Go Light for SADD and need to use it during the winter. I hadn't through December (I usually start in October) and that was dumb on my part. I really feel better with it. Actually it should be on as I type. I guess I will quilt with it on. I actually brought it home from work on Friday because last weekend's sadness was multiplied by the SADD. And you are so right on the doggie's love. It is unconditional. My dogs have definitely made me a much better person. It is hard getting through my mind I have 3 dogs, not 4. I make up doggie songs all the time and some that I sing to them all the time have "I love my 4 dogs". It's really hard to change to 3. I'll get there. I can now look at Blizzie's pictures and smile at her because I loved her as unconditionally as she loved me. She had such a pure heart.

So I wasn't posting my calories because of sadness. Work and home life was beyond busy. So here's the log:
Wednesday: 1366
Thursday: 1544
Friday: 1509
Saturday: 2106 - EEKS!!!!!!!!

Freda, my trick to stay in control is to log. I've tried everything else and logging is the only thing that works for me. I keep my calories in line 99% of the time if I log everything I eat. I figure to not to return to obese, logging is a small price to pay. My motto: I Log, Therefore I'm Not Obese.
Marie
Closed Thread