Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #31  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Welcome Brunett, we'll help you lose those pounds. What kind of plan are you on?
Donna...Thanks for checking on Isabella, we don't mind when the 3FC's don't check in when too busy. But missing in action for a month or so gets us worried.
We have a house showing on Saturday so today I have to get some projects finished up in the sewing room. DD has some curtains she wanted me to hem for her.
Later Gators.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #32  
Bobbi

KarenMo...thanks for the email from the computer tech. I always break the chain when I receive those request to add names and email addresses to pass on. I also caught Andy Rooney's suggestion to put junk mail in the prepaid envelopes that they come in and send it back. I do!
Bu
t mostly I wanted to pass on what was said about the phone ringing and no answers.
Thanks for the tips Karen.

Quote:

(2) Do you ever get those annoying phone calls with no one on the other end?
This is a telemarketing technique where a machine makes phone calls and records the time of day when a person answers the phone.

This technique is used to determine the best time of day for a 'real' sales person to call back and get someone at home.

What you can do after answering, if you notice there is no one there, is to immediately start hitting your # button on the phone, 6 or 7 times as quickly as possible. This confuses the machine that dialed the call, and it kicks your number out of their system.. Gosh, what a shame not to have your name in their system any longer!!!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-03-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #33  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi - the only problem with the phone thing is that those companies have multiple phone lines, and this might block one of them, but not all of them....it will, however, make you feel better to pound the keys!

I'm tired today and would like to be retired. It's early, though, so all will improve shortly!

Later, lovelies!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #34  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Gals,
I won't bore you with the details, but I've been really busy with stuff--Christmas and other things. I don't know if it is me (getting older) or there were more things piled up this year. Anyway, I didn't even get dressed New Year's Day. I just lay around the house recovering and January 2nd wasn't much different. Today, I got dressed early and did a few things around the house. Oh, and did I mention, I've been on a four month binge!!!!

Two new grandbabies on the way--one in February and another in July! They all promise to be here next Christmas so I've started planning yesterday. Don't want to go through another December like this one next year.

Love and Kisses
Isabella
xoxoxoxoxo
Old 01-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #35  
Grandmaof2

S/C/G: 157/157/130

Height: 5' 4"

Bobbi, in response to your interest in Diet Direct. I found them online and ordered their catalog. They have a great selection of low carb/high protein items from Wonderslim, ProtiDiet and BariWise. I had ordered the variety pack ($19.99) with free shipping just to try their items. It was a great value and I really liked most items, especially the pudding/shakes. I decided to buy the 4-week "kit" as it was on sale from $289 down to $255. They also have a program where you get a percentage of your net purchase toward the next purchase so I wound up only paiying about $238. I've looked at other sites and found theirs to be cheapest and I love free shipping.

I'm not affiliated with them but just like that they are cheaper, ship quickly, have great customer service and give credit toward future orders. As with all diet foods, I certainly have favorites and dislike some of the foods.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #36  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Day off ~ yippee. No sunshine ~ no yippee. My dose of sunshine will come this afternoon (Maddie).

Gotta work on the CPR (online part) today. They say it takes about 2 hours. Just the way I wanted to spend my day off ~ NOT. Oh well. Thankful to have a job.

The picture is a Christmas card Maddie found when she and Grandpa were out and about ~ thought it was cute.

Hope you all have a good day.

Take care

Oh and thank you again Isabella and Donna for the instructions how to put the picture in the post.

Last edited by glynne; 01-04-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #37  

Howdy, y'all!

Tabbycat here.... a Native Texan.

I've been doing the walk to Colorado Springs with some of you. I don't post much because I use an ancient webTV from the 1990's that is so very slow. But I love reading your posts.

I'm on the Texas coast (alomost) between Houston and Galveston. I teach third grade and school starts again on Monday.

I also play violin in two church orchestras and a buegrass group that plays at nursing homes and assisted living facilities.

I started jogging last spring and I can run 3 miles at a time now. I can tell you it takes a few months before you start enjoying it. But I did lose about 20 pounds and I like that.

I hope I can keep the weight off the whole school year. Usually I lose weight in the summer, but long about February it finds me again.

Annie in Texas
Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

This thread is hoppin', lots of new posters! Welcome all!

Bobbi - Here's a hint to try with your cooked vegetables. Buy a bottle of Can't Believe It's Not Butter SPRAY. You just spritz a little on your veggies. It give the taste of having butter on them, but adds very little in fat or calories. There are others beside the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, but that's the one I have on hand right now. I got that idea from a woman at work who used to spray it on toast.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-04-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Hi,
I'm back - I failed and gained back all but 10 pounds, 2012 was a year of such loss and sorrow - I'll start over, and maybe with all of your help I can do it again.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome back Teagranny! I thought about you just the other day! I think we are all pretty much starting over on the same level this year.. Now if I can get rid of this cold maybe I can get myself back on track! Right now I don't feel like eating, or moving or anything! I'm on day 4 so I'm sure I have a while to go!!

Hello to everyone---be back later
Old 01-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #41  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Annie and glad to see you back Tea Granny ~ so sorry for your loss and sorrows of the past year.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

This seems to be a lively group. Have been peeking in on some others, but this one seems most talkative. Hope to be an active partner here.

Kathy
Old 01-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome Kathy! Just jump in and pull up a chair. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:11 PM   #44  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Karen, Hope your cold is better by now. I'll be on the 1,000 miles in 2013 thread also. I started a 10,000 steps a day challenge so I don't just sit on lazy days.

akrosey. Your quilting project sounds lovely and sure to keep your fingers busy - congrats on 2 pound loss!

Gayle, Jan is sorta blue, lack of sun, but as you mentioned will pass. Thanks for your upbeat ending, "one day at a time, never give up!!"

betsy/bobbi- great way to start 2013(and focus on what works).

bobbi- you are soooo lucky to have a hubby that cooks! Congrats on the 4 lb loss, good food choices=success. Also thanks for that phone tip, will try.

Welcome brunette, so cool you have a twin.

Isabella, so exciting to have grandbabies on the way!

Annie, thanks for the running tip, I haven't kept it up long enough for sure!

Hi to Everyone, will try to check in more regularly, this is an active group, lovely!
Diana
Old 01-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #45  
Bobbi

Happy Week-end everyone....we're having a huge salad with romaine and fresh kale, cubes turkey breast, shredded carrots, onion and radishes. I can fill up real easy eating these, but I need popcorn later because it's like eating Chinese food, you're hungry in an hour. We had an open house today with the realtor so my house is nice and clean for the week-end.
Have a good one.
Diana...yes, hubby like to cook and I'm lucky.
Welcome back teagranny.
Carol Sue, I used to use that all the time until I googled it. (I can't believe it's not butter) Lots of chemicals in it so I purchased some light olive oil spread at the grocery store today. 50 calories in 1 Tablespoon.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-05-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Closed Thread