3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   Losing weight at 50 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/270165-losing-weight-50-a.html)

irish51 01-24-2013 11:11 AM

Morning!

Thanks for the welcome, Rob. Cold here in the midwest, also.

Hurry spring.....

A NEW BEGINNING 01-25-2013 04:22 AM

G'day all

G'day everyone :)

You guys are lucky you have cold weather, it is a scorcher her downunder lol,
hope everyone is well, and staying focused, I have had a good day, even though it is my 10th Wedding Anniversary today, I was good and didn't over indulge
Take care, stay safe and be happy :hug:

weight2lose 01-25-2013 07:01 AM

I'm envious, Julie! It's 9 degrees this morning in the northeast of the US. You were VERY good not indulging on your anniversary. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary as well.

How is everyone doing?

Rob

April Snow 01-26-2013 12:48 PM

Hi Everyone!

I turned 50 last spring, and although I'm not a newbie to 3fc, I hadn't been posting here in a while - so last time I was here, I still squeaked into the 40s forum. :( But now I'm back, just got re-started the beginning of the month.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in this group, and hope everyone is having a great weekend!

weight2lose 01-26-2013 01:19 PM

Hi April and welcome back. I'm 52 and just joined this month. I look forward to reading your posts.

Rob

irish51 01-27-2013 07:05 PM

Welcome back April. I am 61,older than most here, but looking for support and trying to lose the weight.
I weighed in this morning and lost .2. Yep, 2/10 of a pound in a week. I have gone over my food journal,and the only thing I can see, is that I don't think I am eating enough calories.

Very discouraging, but I am Not going to quit.

A NEW BEGINNING 01-27-2013 11:34 PM

G'day everyone

Welcome April, you sound like me I am a returner to, I was a member of the 3FC about 2 years ago and went awol for a while and have now returned. I wish you well on this train to weight loss, and I look forward to being there with you on your journey.
It is a lovely day here downunder, we have a nice breeze and some rain today, a break from the heat. I am doing well, and I hope everyone is staying focused and in good spirits.

weight2lose 01-29-2013 07:26 AM

I had a very good day. I was bummed since I only moved .5 lbs,(enough to get me to 220) but not what I was expecting. I got a low carb woosh this morning to 217. My goal is to be at 215 for my progress pics for next week.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Rob

April Snow 01-29-2013 08:18 AM

Good morning everyone! We got a few inches of snow last night and it's now about 20 degrees, so no lunchtime walk for me today!

Hope everyone has a great, on plan day!

weight2lose 01-29-2013 09:06 AM

Hi April... Yep, on plan and getting more motivated each day. I'm going to attempt a game of full court basketball this upcoming Sunday.

A NEW BEGINNING 02-01-2013 05:04 AM

G'day all

How is everyone, staying focused and happy I hope, and hey Rob a loss is a loss no matter how small, every little bit helps to get you closer to your destination on this train bound for weight gone for ever station ;). I have had a good day, stayed on track and down another half a kilo which is about 1lb. Have a nice day, evening or whatever the case may be where you are. :hug:

weight2lose 02-01-2013 07:07 AM

Hi Julie, after losing 3 lbs earlier (the low carb woosh!), I've been stuck. I update my wordpress blog each day, but I check in monthly with progress photos and weight loss posted from the preceding month. I wanted to hit 20 lbs, but it wasn't possible. I still got to my goal of 2 to 2.5 lbs per week for January. I plan on increasing my workout, trying to sustain 45 minutes per night, and adding basketball on weekends. Saying that is the easy part, doing it will be a challenge. LOL!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Rob

indymama 02-01-2013 03:20 PM

Rob, good luck with that basketball! It was 7 degrees this morning and very windy, so there would be no outside basketball for us!

My dog is dying for a walk outside, but not this week! My husband and I are staying with our diet program and he's losing quite well. As for me, I'm still staying off of the scale! In my mind, the pounds are just falling off of me!

indymama 02-01-2013 03:28 PM

I think I forgot to introduce myself. I met Rob earlier in the newbie thread. I'm 59 years old and doing the BistroMD program with my husband. He wants to lose around 60lbs., and I would like to lose around 40lbs.

I have a fear of the scale, and I use my clothes to check my progress. I'm trying to get over that.

I was a skinny-minny until around age 40, seriously, people used to try to feed me when I was younger. I'm not sure what happened, but I think it was a combination of getting older, going out to eat more often after our kids went off to college, and just enjoying life a little bit too much. Now, we're paying the price, I guess. Nice to talk to and help support everyone!

wannaskipandlaugh 02-02-2013 02:37 PM

Rhonda Marie. Thank you for starting this thread and I wonder how you are doing? Have you found a way to help you get to your goal of being healthy? I hope that you have found a painless way too of being able to "work out". I am wishing you good luck on your journey along with everyone else here.

I am 54 and have been overweight my whole life (tho I was born underweight LOL keep telling my Mom that I made up for that!!) and I am tired of not being able to do and go where I want and being worried about sitting on other people's furniture. I have been on A since 1/6 and have lost 14 1/2 lbs which I am so happy with. I had always done well with A and also did really well on that 6 week Body thingy (LOOOWWWW salt). I am in need of a job and am thinking that when I interview people are worried (tho I am very healthy and only have slightly high BP) to hire me with insurance and all. So I am motivated to be the best I can be and to be worry free as to my choices of what I want to do, go too, what Park Rides will fit my tukas and be comfortable meeting eye to eye new people.

Sorry for the story. I wish all of us good luck and I am here to support everyone which will in turn support me..

"The more you challenge yourself, the more you learn to do, the more your self-esteem really shoots up: Hey! I can do this! You are a success." Mary Ann Goff