Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - I don't think I have ever seen Old Dutch Corn Puffs in our stores locally. We have something called Hullless Popcorn. I wonder if that could be used?
Old 11-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #107  

Gayle - Evie is so cute!!!!! I'm glad you stuck to your guns and spent your time with your daughter and granddaughter. That's what you were there for, after all.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #108  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Carol Sue, maybe the hullless is the same? They are big puffy kernels with no hulls, all pure white. The original recipe is to melt some almond bark and pour over the kernels. I tried that recipe first, add some crushed peanuts to it. DH couldn't leave it alone. The next batch I made caramel corn with peanuts...to die for. One thing I hate about caramel corn made with popped corn is the hard hulls. This is hull free.
Have a great week-end everyone.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #109  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG’s,

A beautiful sunny Saturday here. Kind of a little chilly ~ 37* right now ~ supposed to get up to 70* later. Christmas music has started playing on the radio (I know ~ it is early, but I love it ~ it makes me feel happy). And it’s my day off ~ perfect

Bobbi ~ I think I happened on a pack of the popcorn you described, yesterday when I was at the Hobby Lobby. Made in Topeka, Indiana. The package had a website that showed pictures of it. It was yummy It is gone

Carol Sue ~ exactly ~ that is why I went there ~ to visit and get a chance to spend time with my daughter and little granddaughter.

Donna mentioned about the Kielbasa and sauerkraut. It sounded so good, but I was too impatient to spend much time cooking, so I came up with a sort of quickie version along those lines. I took some cabbage and cut up in pieces and steamed it. Then cut up a piece of the kielbasa added that and heated it a little, then added some Ken’s vinegar and olive oil salad dressing. Very tasty, quick and easy. My kind of recipe

Cajun ~ enjoy your weekend at camp.

Welcome Misti ~ I agree with the others ~ you don’t look your age.

K3 ~ how is your knee doing? Hope it is feeling better. Hope your DH is ok too after his fall off that ladder.

Rosey ~ sorry for the fall ~ are your sore spots a little less sore by now?

Hello Donna ~ is it cold where you are? Snow? Hope you are having a nice weekend. How is GM doing? Ear rubs to SamCat and Sabrino.

Mary ~ hope your back is feeling better. Glad you got to enjoy your grandchildren.

CK ~ how are you doing? How are Tim and the Sissy and Ginger. Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Deelee ~ how are you doing? Are mom and dad getting settled into their new place? Hope you are hanging in there ok.

Carbie ~ busy as always. Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Well, I guess I’d better get off here. Gotta check in with Mom and Dad (by phone ~ in Ohio) and visit them a little. Forgive me, I know I haven’t gotten to everyone with the personals. I could sit here all day and fool around, but have some things I hope to get done. And never know when DD Sara and the kids or DS Jason will pop in and then poof ~ there goes the time for any projects. But I wouldn’t trade that time with them for anything.

Pictures are of ~ carmel corn puffs (I think like what Bobbi made) and the salad dressing I used with the cabbage and kielbasa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carmel corn puffs.jpg (26.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ken's salad dressing.jpg (22.1 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by glynne; 11-17-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

quicky note Don't know why put water in the Bog,,,it's chicken stock....dah k3
Old 11-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #111  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick Good Morning, all...

Gayle - I use cabbage a LOT, too. Sausage and salad dressing added is always good and is, as you say, a quick and cheap meal! After everyone started talking about kielbasa the other day, I fixed a big ol' batch and have been enjoying it for a couple of days now.

Thanks for asking about GM (doing pretty well, except for her knee) and about SamCat (purely purrrfect) and Sabrino (fat, sassy, grateful, and sweet). All the critters in my life are good, I think. My brother and his wife got back just yesterday from a trip to Israel. Luckily, they left the day before the firing started and headed to the Rome leg of the trip. How scary is the Middle East now... scarier than it was, that's for sure!

Rosey - are you all better? Did you ever get the link I sent you on the mini aussie dogs? I tried to send it twice. You haven't responded, and I expected you to love the pups!

Bobbi - good luck with the next house showing. I'm sure you'll have your house decorated beautifully!

KarenFL - if I'm very, very lucky, I won't have to go anywhere for Thanksgiving this year! GM just wants to do tv dinners for me and my sister (!!!), and I can do that at home. No one is planning anything big, I guess. I'd rather sit around in my jams, anyway! Yes, I'm a social humbugger.

Before I forget, here are some soup recipes from Recipe Lion (LOVE this site!): http://www.recipelion.com/Soups

Nothing much to report. I need to get the Thanksgiving cards addressed so the MailGod can pick them up. Everyone, have a good Saturday!

Last edited by jess1; 11-17-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #112  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello Gals. I've had a super busy week and have hardly been on the computer for fun. I was at the Goodwill and foodbank this past week and I'm so tired. I think it's the standing on the hard floors. Anyway, thought I'd pop in and say, "Hi!" BTW, I may have to drop in on you all on Thanksgiving and have a taste of all that yummy sounding food, lol. Our Canadian Thanksgiving was on October 8th and I can't even remember what we had!!! I don't think we had a big dinner because we were home by ourselves. But I could be wrong--just don't have much memory of that auspicious occasion.

Anyhoo, have a nice evening.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 242/230.5/155

Height: 5'9"

Hello,
Glynne invited me over from the Bio/introduction page. Hi Glynne! I’m very happy to meet you all and I hope that I will have something to share and also be a source of support as we all go down this path together. Today I have been Hooping. My husband Rob helped me build a hula hoop out of irrigation hose. It’s huge! But it actually works!. For years now I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t get a kids hula hoop to go around anymore. I could remember the movement but it would fall down as soon as I spun it and tried to keep in going. Turns out adults need adult sized hoops. Who’d of thunk it? So now I have one that it a proper size and I’ve been giving it a go for about ten minutes a day for the last few days. I’m starting to get the hang of it again. I discovered that if I suck my stomach up so that It feels like I am trying to touch my spine with it that I stand straighter and the hoop stays up better. I think from the way my core and thighs feel today after this very simple posture adjustment that the workout is even more effective too. It’s going to be some time before I can count on this as a meaningful workout as I don’t have the stamina to support it. I do think that as an addition to stationary biking it should have some positive effects in the long run. I really need to develop core strength.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #114  

Signey - I didn't realize that the size mattered when it came to hula hoops. I bought them for the kids at my grandson's birthday party and I couldn't do them at all. Now I know why!

Welcome aboard!

Isabella - I have cooked turkey dinner for just DH and I a few times because we really like it. I buy the smallest turkey I can find. It's a lot of leftover turkey, but we eat leftovers, I make some turkey salad for sandwiches and I freeze some.

Bobbi - I am going to look for the corn puffs you use because our hulless popcorn has a lot of salt and butter on it.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 11-18-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #115  
Want to feel better

Welcome Signey ~ you found us Way to go with the hoola hooping. You are moving ~ that is what is important. I have to remind myself of that when I get to feeling like I am not doing as much as I feel I should ~ that even a few minutes is that many more minutes that I am not just sitting on a chair.

Hello to everyone else ~ still working on trying to finish the project I started yesterday. I got part of the things I wanted to do done. Onward!!

Glad you popped in Isabella

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Last edited by glynne; 11-18-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome Signey! WOW!! I already learned something new-- I didn't know you had to have the right size either! And as a kid I would get 3 around my waist, one around my neck and one one around one arm and get them all going at the same time.... Oh those were the days!!! Now I couldn't even hold one up. I did see there is a site on the internet that tells you how to build your own and weight it too. In fact, I think there is a youtube about it... hmmmm think I may have to check that out! Anyway, Welcome aboard and we look forward to getting to know you.

A beautiful day here today and getting ready for church then who knows where the family will meet for lunch..... thank goodness for iphones and texting!!

Gayle, good to hear from you. Enjoy hearing from you always. Did I miss a project that you are working on? Guess I need to go back and reread some posts.

Hello to everyone and have a great day!

Last edited by Karen31; 11-18-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #117  
Want to feel better

CK ~ my projects were fixing over Maddie's and my cooking aprons so that the neck strap was adjustable instead of having to tie a knot in it to make it so it hung at the right place on us. The knot made it hard to get it off over our heads afterward. I got the idea after seeing Evie's little apron when I visited at her house.

The other project was making a piece to attach to my scrub that would fasten on with velcro, so I could have inter-changable pieces for different holidays. I had made one for halloween, but didn't like the way it turned out, so made one for Thanksgiving. Made the pattern piece a little smaller and like it better.

Since we can only wear the black scrubs now, I was looking for a way and any chance I could get to wear something with a little color on it. They do allow us to wear holiday scrubs, but there are only a very few holidays that they allow us to do that. I didn't want to spend the money for a whole scrub outfit that I was allowed to wear only once a year. Some of my coworkers already had quite a few holiday themed scrubs from before the company made the change to only allowing black. I had wanted to do that, but never got around to it.

They say "trim" is ok. So, I am calling these inter-changable pieces ~ trim. I might be stretching what is allowed a bit. We'll see rather I get in trouble for it. The quiet rebel

So, I got the Thanksgiving one done. Here are a couple pics ~ they didn't come out very good, but maybe you can sort of get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scrub top bodice 2.jpg (13.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg scrub top bodice.jpg (22.7 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by glynne; 11-18-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

That is really a neat idea! And it looks very nice I hope you are able to continue to wear these--- I know I would love to see something a little more cheery thant black if I was in the Hospital!!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello goldies
We had a good time this weekend at the camp. I got alot of campfire time. Just what I like. I saw the prettied young buck deer on my stand Saturday afternoon. Really enjoyed watching him. Dh missed a wild hog. Crazy man don't check to see if his rifle was sighted in and it wasn't. Way off. Oh well now it is. Youngest ds and I came home yesterday evening. Dh and oldest son stayed another night to hunt today. They'll be back this afternoon. Lucky guys didn't have to work today. Going to be a short week. 3 days of work. Well be going bank to the camp after lunch Thursday until Friday. . Not going to see this girl shopping black Friday. Not my idea of fun fighting crowds. This week is going to be a busy one. I have lots of dishes to make and bring to my sisters.

Don't have times for personals this morning. I will try to get to that later.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 11-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

shhhhhhh I have 17 hrs until I get my knee shot.......k3
Closed Thread