Sorry K3 (((hugs)) rosey
Old 10-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Sending prayers Karen
Old 10-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Darn, it's 3 am and I'm on the goldies page. Can't y'all tell I think of y'all often. I don't know what's going on with my sleepless nights. Just about when it's time to get up for work is when I can really sleep.

I will return with more later this morning.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #19  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning GG's

The weather has finally cooled down here. Hottest summer I can remember. I was a slug. I hate heat. Someone told me this was supposed to be a cold winter. If that means a cooler summer, i'm all for it. I love to walk outiside in the spring/summer time and look at all the flowers and talk to the neighbors.

Karen, sorry to hear about your brother. When my mom brought my youngest brother home my sister couldn't say him name so she tried to call him boy. Came out BO and that is what is called today. I watched the midwife show too. I can still remember the enema's with the "high, hot and quite a lot". The pill really did change the world, didn't it?

Rie, for that price I wouldn't try to do the winterizing myself either. I can see you are getting really excited about getting little Gabe closer.

Gayle, Hope you don't re-catch that cold. I hate using my sick days actually being sick!

Mary, I can't stand fat meat either. But my grandma used to save the fattier pieces of meat for my grandpa. But things were so different then. People really worked. Nothing is fattening if you burn it off. We still try to eat like that without working like that.

Carbie, Hello, haven't met you. I don't especially care for deer meat but I love buffalo. You can buy it here but it's hard to find.

Cajun, cleaning is a never ending thing. Clean it today and you just have to clean it again next year. Kidding. seems like the next time comes up all too quickly. My bedroom furniture is dark wood and I have to dust it almost every day. Doesn't help that I keep the window open and it's been a dry summer. the house has been really dusty this year. Soon i'm going to look like my mom, who seemed to have a dust cloth in her hand all the time.

Bobbi, Girl, you need some rest. So much going on there. Well, wherther you move or stay there, that is one big problem taken care of.

Rosie, when our last dog died we cried for months. It took almost a year before we could get another one. But sometimes they find you. You will know when it's time.

Freda
Old 10-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #20  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Back to work today.

Cajun ~ I can identify with the crazy sleep. Some nights I sleep better than others ~ even if I follow the same routine ~ there is just no rhyme nor reason to it. Used to be that I would sleep really good if I was gonna be off the next day ~ like somehow because I knew I didn't have to get up at any special time ~ I could just really let go and relax and sleep better. But now that doesn't even seem to hold true. And yea ~ that is so aggravating to toss and turn and when you finally start sleeping really good ~ it is time to get up.

Freda ~ glad to see you. I hadn't seen you for a while and was beginning to worry. Glad the weather is starting to be a little cooler for you.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #21  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

We're about to run our well dry with all the watering we do on the new grass. Grass? what grass. The septic guys took out 5 trees to put in the new system. We gave all the large stumps to one of the workers for his log burning stove and now we have to burn all the brush/small branches. It'll take a long time to burn that much and right now we have a NO BURN in our area due to the drought. The farmer did take all the corn out yesterday so we won't have to worry about the corn catching fire, that would have burnt up from one spark. (fire ring right next to the field) Hi Freda...haven't heard from you for awhile, you and Donna both hate the hot weather huh? We're due for some 40 degree nights in a couple of days, good bye summer.
I found a recipe for dinner rolls using butternut squash, guess I better get started on that since it calls for yeast.

prayers coming your way K3 for your brother and family.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #22  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Day off... I have to do laundry and then I'm meeting a friend for an early dinner. I haven't seen her since Christmas, so this will be fun.

Bobbi - I hope this septic system turns out okay. I trust no one to do competent work, anymore. I hope this puts your house into the "sell quickly" category!

KarenFL - I'm so sorry about your brother. I hope his passing is calm and painless. Are you planning a trip to see him?

Nothing going on here. WE MIGHT HAVE SNOW THIS WEEK! I'm agog and acquiver! It shouldn't amount to much, and I hope that's true, because my LilyTree hasn't turned burgundy yet!

Domestic drudgery awaits. Later, lovelies!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

Last night I dumped the tanks on the trailer for the first time. I get so excited when I accomplish each new step without help. I took it to the shop. It was really funny watching the repair guys stare at me as I backed it in the spot where they wanted me to put it in just one try... Tee Hee. They had actually asked me if I needed them to park it for me. I guess they didn't expect a little grandma to be able to do that.

K3 I am so sorry about your brother. Has he been ill for a while? Will you get out to see him? Anyway.... thinking of you.

Freda, we are having cold weather today and expecting snow this week. I gleefully pulled sweaters out of my closet and tossed them into a rinse cycle this morning. I can't wait to pull one on and head out to face the day!

Donna, I am seeing the weather in Denver on all the news reports and it looks nice there. DU campus looks beautiful. I forgot how pretty it is.

Well, sorry all... I am out of time. Pool league tonight. Later!

Rie
Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Goldens -

OMG! I’ve missed you all. I am spending so much time with the DM and DF, that I am so tired and aggravated. DM is getting better - enough that she is back to her old crabby self. My dad still can’t find his way to her room which is in the nursing wing so someone has to walk him there. One night he decided he wanted to stay there and started taking off his clothes to get in bed. DM’s roommate objected. LOL. They are both confused. And now DM is jealous of the nice woman that I hired to help her with her showers and laundry before she got sick. The lady takes DF down to visit DM. I told DM that the woman , who is around my age, is happily married and doesn’t want a poopin’ old guy like my dad! Sheesh.

My shoulder is still sore. Doc said very normal with all the bone he had to shave off and the shredded stuff. He added celebrex to my pain meds. My insurance co. is being a pain about paying for it.
I’m trying to get caught up with posts but think I will post in installments.

Karen FL - Sorry about your brother. Prayers for him and you. Lol about giving the old couple privacy twice a week!! Great idea. Twice a week? Good for them! And bravo on your bridge wins. I play enough bridge (but not lately) that I know you are awesome!

Rie - congrats on your races. And backing up the trailer in front of those guys! Good luck with your tournaments.

Mary - Very sad about the dying woman that hadn’t had the big O. Nice of you to say you were sorry… I’m doing lousy on my diet too.

Carbie - I decided wine wasn’t enough. I had to pull out the big guns. Yes. Chocolate.

Isabella - glad your back is getting better.

Carole Sue - LOL about Rie on a bender! I’ve decided to try to cut out the chocolate…not the wine yet! I used to get red in the face. It got better with hrt and age. And LOL about the butter - at least it was no carbs!

Gayle - I sure envy you having little Maddie ask you to come out to play. I want that!
Hugs to all!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #25  

Hi everyone. another day puttering around,i finished the embroidery on my quilt squares,just need to sew it together now. and i made stuffed bell peppers for dinner, and also jalepeno cheese fro snacking recipes to follow. dh helped his friends split wood today. i had 3 old coots for coffee and they crack me up. one is 72,one is 92, and my dh is 64. the bull *&&*(() was flying. the guy who is 92 is a spry old coot with all his marbels and so much fun to talk too. they split 2 picksups full of wood. and now its raining again at least its not snow. tomorrow we get our alaskan perm fund check. we use it to pay our taxes. but its nice to have it. hoping your evenings peaceful rosey

This is a biggest looser recipe
stuffed bell peppers
2 peppers cut in half seeded and washed
1 pkg ground turkey,1/2 sm onion browned
mix 1 cup pizza sauce with meat
stuff peppers, put handful mozarella cheese on top
cover with foil bake 350 for 1 hr

jalepeno cheese dip
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
chopped jalepeno pickel slices to taste ( i use about 5 rings)
1/4 tsp paprika
1 capful liquid smoke
1/2 cup mayo
mix and use with corn chips, vegies or doritos, or crackers

salmon spread
1 can salmon drained
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1/2 tsp horse raddish
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1 T dried parsely or chives
salt and pepper to taste
mix together and shape into a ball and roll in chopped pecans chill and serve with crackers or chips

Last edited by akrosey49; 10-03-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #26  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I heard snow is on the radar in North Dakota, not ready for that yet, we desperately need rain around here. We noticed both outside facets dripping this summer when watering the plants. This fall the back facet got so bad that it was literately running, not dripping out when the hose was running. We called the plumber to fix them, can't wait to get that bill, he was here about 2 hours.
I paid our 2nd half of the taxes yesterday and it was almost fun paying them. Since I started budgeting, we had the money. Each month I subtracted a portion of the taxes off my check registry but didn't actually write the check. Yesterday I just deleted all the subtractions and wrote a check for the full amount of taxes. I'm feeling so smug.
Nothing going on around here today, DH wanted tuna melts for supper tonight, easy peasy. Yesterday I baked the butternut squash dinner rolls on a cookie sheet instead of the prescribed 13 x 9 cake pan. They turned out like hamburger buns and we'll have the tuna melts on them.
Anybody watch the debates last night? We got bored with them and turned on something else.
You all have a great day..
.p.s. Rosey, your stuffed peppers look good. We usually grow peppers but missed buying them this year, grocery store peppers are very expensive around here.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-04-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #27  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Just stopping in to say hi. One day down ~ two more to go. Oh how I would love to just tip back in my chair right about now and take a nice little snooze
Oh well. At least my throat is not sore this morning and I'm feeling a little better.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Take care
Old 10-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! We have walked everyday for the last three days. This morning my sister had another appointment and we plan to walk this afternoon. I had planned on getting some house work done this morning since I haven't done much in the last three days but Gayle, I think I have got your sore throat and a runny nose to boot! I started this last night and before I went to bed I took a cold tablet to dry up my nose so I could at least get to sleep. But I can't take those and get anything done so we'll see how this day goes!

My sister and I were looking at the yoga exercises on the Wii yesterday... has anyone tried them? Do they seem to help or would be wasting our time trying them? I don't want to join a yoga class because I just don't think I would go...maybe this would be a good start???

Well, need to get some breakfast- I slept in until about 8:30 this morning but I still want to try to get something done in between blowing my nose!

Have a good day!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello goldies,
Washing, mopping, vacuuming, dusting.........never ends. Going to start packing for our trip tomorrow. I'm very excited! There is a cold front coming thru tomorrow over there so it should be cool and sunny. My kinda day. I can't wait to just sit around the camp fire and relax. October is my favorite month. I love when it's sunny and cool.

Gayle~ I'm glad your throat is feeling better. It's miserable to have a sore throat. hoping your two days go by fast.

Bobbi~I pay my homeowners insurance every three months and that's exactly what I do. Subtract in my register but write it when due and the money's there. I've been doing that or years. We also watched it for only a little while.

Rosy~there are some old men at our hunting club and they have some stories to tell. We are always amazed at those old coots. A couple of them are in their 80's and still climb in their deer stands. Not to mention hauling butt on their 4 wheelers. Lol. My dh always says, I hope I can live to be in my 80's and do that.

Dee~ missed you. Glad to hear from you. I think its heartbreaking to have old folks separated in the nursing home especially if they still know they are married and want to be together. My bil mom was in the nursing home for 3 months and thought some old man was her husband, but the funny thing was she was divorced from her husband and hated him and acted like she loved this man dearly. She had seizures and must have not remembered. Lol

Rie~ lol. You are winterizing and we are opening our winter camp. I also pull our boat and know how to back it up to launch it. I'm slow but I can do it. My dh taught me how because he has to get in the boat and move it to the side. My sister in law was mad at my brother one day cuz he wouldn't cut the grass. She got out there with the push mower and was cutting and so mad. The whole time she was fussing"who needs a man, I don't need a man". So that's a standing joke in our family when we are upset with our dh. So about them guys watching you. " who needs a man, you don't need a man". Lol.

Donna~ did you get snow yet. Is winter coming early for y'all?

Freda~ I know about dust too. It never stops. I'm glad y'all cooled off. We are still pretty warm. They are saying we will have an early and cold winter. I know we had a scorching summer and no winter last year.

Clothes are calling for dryer. Gotta go. Hello to all I missed!!

Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all.....Snow?! gesssh.....leaves turning and falling ...wow. It's summer here.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Rosie...Your boys sounded like the boys here Sunday.

Bobbi...Recipe for dinner rolls???? please

Karen and Gayle....Allergies? instead of cold systoms?

Rie....when does the GS move in? He's so beautiful!

Carol Sue...just keep your sense of humor, it will save your sanity.

Cajun...happy hunting.

Freda...There is a new PBS show from the BBC on tv called Call the Midwife. Check it out....I really enjoyed the first show.

Ladies...yahoo again....doing my silly happy dance. Played again yesterday and came in 1st again. With an over 65% game. 4 Games with 4 different partners and 4 Firsts. ACBL big game tonight with the same hands played all over the country at the same time and a book on how you should have played by Mike Lawrence that you get afterwards. Suspect that my run is over!

k3
Closed Thread