Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

About This Recipe -This is similar to the recipe I had.
"I have tried several variations of low calorie crustless pumpkin pies and this is by far my favorite. Very rich and creamy. Even my picky husband likes it."
Ingredients
1 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin 1 (12 ounce) cans evaporated skim milk 3/4 cup egg substitute 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 -2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice ( I like mine spicier) 1 teaspoon vanilla 2/3 cup splenda sugar substitute Directions
Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.
Pour into 9-inch pie pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes; reduce temperature to 325 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes more.
Pie is done when knife inserted into center comes out clean
You can add some fat free Cool Whip.

Last edited by deelee10; 10-11-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #92  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks for the lowcal pumpkin recipe, will try it but must pick up some egg beaters.
I posted 6 items for sale on ebay last Saturday, one of the items was an old duck call. Unbelievable the interest, we have 20 people watching it and the bid is up to $66.00 today. The auction ends tomorrow and I think it'll probably sell for about $100.00.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:37 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 245/241/140

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Goldies,
Bobbi, your post about the duck call reminded me of something my one sisters father-in-law did.
He was getting up in age, probably in his 60's but "up in age" to me, a teenager at the time.
He ran a bait shop and one day a lady came in and wanted some crappy minnows and a couple other things, and when he went in the back to get one of the items she ordered, she stole a pkg of fish hooks. So, he came out and totaled everything up, naming each thing as he added it and at the end he said, " and that pkg of fish hooks in your pocket is ninety five cents". She denied taking anything and paid the full amount anyway, but she was very flustered. On her way to the door she stuffed her change in her pocket and when she pulled her hand out of her pocket the fish hooks fell on the floor. By then she was almost in tears and quickly bent over to pick up the hooks and as she did so she passed gas. My sisters FIL said, " And that duck call will be two dollars and fifty cents".
I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll be gone for the weekend, up to Lakeville. ..... Carbie
Old 10-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello goldens
I'm a crabby pattie this week. Perimenopause is giving me a hard time. Diet is going on by the hardest. We finished ds's lot. Went to walmart last night and spent 200.00 stocking up the camp for the winter. We had already spent 150.00 at SAMs. Not including meat. We bring that when we go. We are leaving today for the weekend. It's supposed to be hot. Wishin it would be cooler. As yall can see I'm back up 1.5 lbs this week. I have done well so hoping to get that off by Tuesday. I bought no snacks for the camp. That should help. Dh said he would eat what I ate for snacks so that will be yogurt. He is such a wonderful support system. Sunday will be 35 years that we met. It was my junior and his senior year in high school. We will be married 29 years this march. I alway think of October 14 as a special day in our lives. Where has the time gone. Seems like just yesterday.

I have a lot of things to pack so I don't have time or personals. Y'all have a happy weekend. Hugs to all.

Cajun
Old 10-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi goldens,

Like Karen, I have been battling a pretty bad cold for the last couple of days. I feel a little better today. tonight I have my first pool tourney of the season and I am hoping that I will be feeling better. This is a tourney that I run so if I don't feel better, I will just run the tourney and not play.

By tomorrow night, my youngest ds, dil and gs Gabriel will be in Montana, living just down the road from me. I am so excited!

Bobbi, thanks for that video. When I do huge amounts of potatoes, I always use that method. It really saves on waste and is so much easier.

Karenfl, you crack me up. Search party indeed....

Cajun, stuff happens, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Congrats on the special day and the supportive hubby.

Carbie, cute story...

DeeLee, thanks for the recipe. I am not all that fond of crust so I make just about any pie without the crust to control carbs. I make pumkin mouse by whipping cream with a little pumpkin, splenda and spice. It is really good and easy. Of course, I am counting carbs - not calories

Carol, glad that WW is working for you. That is great. How are you feeling? did you get an appointment?

Donna, has Samcat been good this week? No more deep sleeps? I worry about him.

Gayle, hope that everything went well at work this week.

Hugs to those I am missing.

Rie
Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #96  

Height: 5'1"

Hi GG's,

Baby it's cold outside! Beautiful football weather. DGS's homecomming is tomorrow, I'm just hoping I don't have to sit out in the cold and rain! Yelp. it's supposed to rain too. What we do for these kids.

I had a pt. Thursday with shingles. They can be mild or really bad. They can last just a couple of weeks or years. If you ever see anyone with a really bad case of shingles you'll RUN to get the shot. My friend had them and her Dr. told her to get a shot as soon as the symptoms cleared. Others say a couple of months. And you can usually get the shot much cheaper at a drug store, rather than a Dr. office. Not only do you have to pay for a Dr. visit, they are much higher. They are about 65 $ around here, so if you can get one for 35 it's a real deal.

Rie, I hope you feel better in time for the tourney tonight. I know you are so excited waiting on the kids.

Dee, the recipe sounds good. I love pumpkin and I also like that it's so healthy.

Bobbi, I've never heard of pealing potatoes like that! How easy! I'm sure to remember that. The duck call probably got a big boost from "Duck Man". A lot of people are watching that.

Gayle, Hope work is good for you this weekend. We have oposite weekends. I had a really good day the last time I worked.

Cajun, Weight is funny. It doesn't always come off like it's supposed to. You do all the right things and it's still there. BUT, if you continue to do the right things, they will work. Hard to be patient, isn't it? I try to remember that every day I eat well and exercise i'm making myself healthier, and the weight loss will come.

Carbie, Have fun this weekend.

Freda
Old 10-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - If you shop at WalMart, get your egg substitute there. I have tried them all, and the best tasting ones are Great Value at WalMart. I almost can't tell the difference when I scramble them. Of course, if you're just going to use them for baking, the taste won't matter much.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #98  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

Rosey ~ glad you had a nice time out with your girlfriends. So happy for you that you are able to do more stuff and enjoy things again

Isabella ~ how are you doing? Don’t disappear on us again.

CK ~ how are you doing? Hope you are feeling better.

Bobbi ~ thank you for taking the time to share the yummy recipes.

Lynn ~ hope things are going ok for you. How is your daughter doing? Miss you.

Donna ~ glad your day off was a nice one. I love that picture of SamCat ~ he looks so peaceful and snuggy napping there.

Freda ~ enjoy the homecoming/football and your weekend off ~ hope the rain stays away. Work will be interesting. We had had a couple weeks of low census. It is back up now, but we have several patients that keep trying to get up without help and keep us running trying to prevent them from falling. Sometimes in hurrying to try to keep them from falling ~ the staff ends up falling. Not fun.

Rie ~ hope you are starting to feel better. I bet you are so excited you can hardly stand it ~ to have your son, DIL and little Gabriel almost there.

Carol Sue ~ glad the weight watchers is working for you ~ congratulations on two more pounds gone

K3 ~ did you survive the cleaning of your fridge? What other treasures did you find there? I am in hot water because I snuk (is that a word?) several out dated cans of refrigerator biscuits out to the trash in the middle of the night last night. DH insisted they were still good to use. NOT!!! They taste horrible when they have “gone by”. He hates to waste stuff, I get that, but come on ~ there is a point where it is……..nutty.

Mary ~ how are you doing? Hope all is well with you.

Cajun ~ enjoy your camping weekend. Maybe that will help the crabbiness pass. Congratulations on the anniversary of the meeting of your DH.

Deelee ~ hope the stress you are having is letting up some. How is your shoulder doing?

Carbie ~ You said ~ You've sure got a good plan going there for exercise. I'm embarrassed to say I have no plan.
Yes, it sounds good ~ would be good if I had follow through. That is where I fall apart. In my defense though ~ a lot of times, my work hours mess it up. Sometimes I get out too late to be able to do the evening part. And when I am real late getting home, it makes it hard to get up earlier in the morning to do the morning part. I didn’t get out until 10:10 pm Wednesday night, and was there until almost 1:00 am last night (my shift ends at 6 pm). Don’t feel embarrassed then about not getting in your exercising. From all the other stuff you do ~ you do a lot. I don’t think I could keep up with you

Welcome Chewy/Maria ~ sounds like you are doing great. Keep it up

Forgive me ~ I know I have probably missed someone ~ running out of steam.

Back to work tomorrow. Almost bed time. The last two nights at work were late ones ~ hopefully I will rest well tonight and maybe the weekend will be a little quieter.

Last edited by glynne; 10-12-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #99  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

Hello
Can I be a Goldie too? I'll be 49 in Jan.
Nice to meet you all!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 256/234/180

Height: 5'5'

Hi Girls, Been kind of a disappointing week. I managed to get 2 days of work out in this week but yesterday was spent in the yard hauling brick as well as today. I don't feel like I burned the cals I would have had I walked the treadmill. Maybe I did and it just took longer. Calorie intake has been good surprisingly enough considering all the stuff happening around me. Have a good weekend girls. Can't wait for it to start raining.......
Old 10-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #101  
Bobbi

Happy week-end and welcome Angela, 49 huh. You're a spring chicken!
Funny story Carbie about the fish hook lady.
Thanks for the Walmart egg beater tip, yes...I do shop at Walmart, we have a super center about 6 miles from our home.
It's finally raining, really raining. Thank you Jesus! We've been in a drought all summer and fall. This will help germinate all the grass seed DH put in a couple of weeks ago.
Speaking of DH, he siphoned out all the old gas in the '32 chevy and put fresh in. He spilled some on his jeans, dummy me threw them in the washer and added a few more dark clothes. Now they all smell like gasoline. I googled it, they suggested soaking them in baby oil. The odor sticks to the baby oil, I'm thinking that's a dumb idea. I took the wet jeans out and soaked them overnight in Borax, vinegar and some laundry detergent. I just took them out and I can still smell gas on them but not as bad. The other clothes I washed separately and those don't smell at all. If anybody has experience with gas on clothes, what did you do? Maybe his jeans will eventually release the smell with a few more washing and hanging them out in the fresh air and sun.
I have to make a side dish to bring to church tomorrow, It's harvest festival. Since I have so many frozen apples and lots of squash, I'm making a dish I found on allrecipe.com and it's really good. It has layers of apples on the bottom of the casserole, topped with mashed cooked squash and some spices and brown sugar topping. I'm going to make it again for our Thanksgiving meal, it's that good.
Later Gators.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #102  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Bobbi ~ if you have a chance sometime ~ could you share that apple/squash recipe ~ it sounds delicious.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #103  
Bobbi

Gayle...I just dug out the recipe and I lied. It's not from allrecipe.com but from the president of our local farmers market. dang, thought I could do a quick copy/paste.
You can substitute Splenda or Stevia for the white sugar, blend for brown to cut calories. You might want to skim down the butter too if it's just for yourselves. I'll put the real thing in for Thanksgiving.

Quote:
Apple Butternut Bake
1 large butternut squash (2-3 pounds)
¼ cup butter
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ quart apples, peeled and sliced
¼ cup sugar

Bake squash until tender, scrape out pulp and mash.
Add ¼ cup butter, brown sugar and salt. Set aside.

Heat other ¼ cup butter in skillet, add apples and ½ cup sugar, simmering until tender. Spread apples in large flat casserole, spoon squash on top.
Top with following topping. Mix 3 cups crushed cornflakes, ½ cup chopped pecans, two tablespoons melted butter and one cup brown sugar. Bake 350 degrees until heated through and light brown on top.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-13-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #104  

Hi everyone and happy weekend. Bobbie my dh worked at an oil refinery and used to get crude oil on his clothes, i was told to get it out to put 2 cans of coke in the wash. i was skeptical but it worked. you might try that. weird huh! ttfn rosey
Old 10-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Girls! No time to post much but I want to second Rosey's idea with the coke. We used to soak our pants in a large bucket with two cans of coke and fill the rest with water. Let soak and then hang outside to dry before you wash. Works every time.

I dug up the garden (14 x 14') with a shovel and then used my little tiller to turn in the manure, fertilizer and conditioner. My back and legs are aching! Things to do today before the kids get here. My eating is really on track and I am just not hungry.

Have a good weekend.

Rie
Closed Thread