Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Too BIG!

Reminding myself that I was barely fitting in a 4X a year ago. I just ordered some shirts from Kohls in a 2X and they are TOO BIG!! I have to reorder in a 1X...how exciting is that! : )

Happy Donna
Old 08-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

WOW! Donna2 CONGRATS!!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #123  

Rie-- Hope you feel better real soon!
Old 08-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #124  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

I copied this from my post on the Challenge thread and decided you all might get a giggle. Mary and Am2, you can skip this part... I walked the 3 non-injured huskies this morning. For your enjoyment, I'll give you a story of the end of it. We're coming down the big hill and I see a truck coming (it's 5:30 am so slightly dark and I saw the headlights). So as the truck gets to the corner to turn where I am, I see a dog trotting in front. My Kodiak is very protective of the pack and I and this dog runs at us. Kody doesn't like that. The truck follows and stops away from his dog. The idiot gets out and calls his dog, the one that Kody is lunging at as the dog tries to get around him to me. BTW, all my dogs are on very short leashes at that point, longer leashes while we walk. So the idiot keeps calling and slowly finally walks to his dog. Tells his dog to come when he's about a foot away and of course the untrained dog just ignores him. Finally grabs the collar and scolds/yells at his dog and brings him back to his truck. Keep in mind, I'm just standing there and my dogs are just watching him. The guy then drives away with his dog without an apology. Idiot was breaking the leash laws. So I finger saluted him, not my scale today. So there's a MAN's way of taking a dog for a walk. Drive behind the dog in his gas guzzling truck. Idiot. I admit, next time I might not shorten Kody's leash.
Rie, at the progress to Depends. I'm hoping you have an answer from your doctor today. BTW, is there such a thing as a non-shedding dog? I personally find the fur rolling across the floor sort of entertaining.
Cajun, what a great NSV getting the hunting clothes on. You should be proud. Great job.
Carol Sue, on the breakfast issue, I think you should do whatever works for you. If the experts really knew what worked easiest, we'd all be thin.
Donna2, I'd say the re-order is very exciting.
Other than my morning's walk snafu with a neighbor (BTW I have only about 20 neighbors spread over a couple miles), the day has been fine. I plan to elliptical after work and then swim. My friend (she's the one that housesat while we were gone) is coming over to have my DH fit one of his bikes for her so we can ride on Saturday. I told her to bring one of her dogs since her doggie misses her new friends (my pups).
Marie
Old 08-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #125  

I have a question--- I have been with AT&T for my cell phone forever (since 1995) my contract is now over and I am thinking about switching to Sprint. For just about the same amount I'm paying I can get unlimited Data and text and 450 talk minutes with unlimited mobile to mobile. With AT&T I get 450 anytime minutes with roll overs.. but only 3 GB of data...What do you think of Sprint? Verizon is way too much money!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #126  

Hey everyone---- this is a picture that Mary wanted to share with everyone.. And I agree with her --- it really fits us!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Never give up.jpg (21.2 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Karen31; 08-08-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Marie - All the dogs I have ever had have been non-shedding. They are the little fluffy dogs, like Poodles, Shih-tzu, Maltese, Cockapoo, Peekapoo, etc. Their hair grows longer and gets matted if not brushed constantly, and have to go to a groomer for a haircut, unless you know how to do it yourself. We get ours cut really short and it lasts about 4 months til it starts getting tangled and matted again. They are supposed to be hypo-allergenic because you don't have to deal with the shedded hair, but there is still the pet dander. I think bathing them often will help with that, but it's not a guarantee. I know my cough got worse after we got our Maltese.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #128  

Height: 5'3"

Nice still cooler day today. Went to the gym and did my usual stuff but a little longer on the bike than some days. Love the new hamstring weight machine. This time I got it adjusted to fit me. I had some phone calls to make when I got home and now am going clean up and go shopping. Thinking about buying new clothes ..I'm not much of a shopper...so will see how long I can stay out there. My bs was still high this am but better and after breakfast and workout it was quite good. My weight is down a bit more too, so hopefully I can keep both going that direction.

Marie - Wow what an experience! Glad your dogs are so well-trained and protective. And at least the scale didn't get the abuse today.

Love that you are all having fun with the graphics!!

Cajun - Congrats on the pants zipping up! Also glad your friends are noticing now. That's such a good feeling and a reward for all your hard work. Your camouflage pants made me think of how when my kids were little the boys liked camouflage pants and when they wore them, I'd make them giggle by saying...where are you, I can't see you, you are so camoufaloged!

Slmn11 - One of the books I've been reading says that it is important to eat breakfast esp if it starts your hunger as you describe because in time it will be what will actually help you. You don't have to eat a lot and it will take time for your body to correct it's self. I'm putting this is my own words. I have not had this experience though because one of the first things I think of in the morning is eating. LOL I don't eat much though in fact these days mostly all I have is my mocha frappe. Then a couple hours later I have a little more and that is healthier...like ww toast and fruit etc. Today it was yogurt and fruit. I like a lot of variety so it really varies. I do know that eating is what gets your metabolism started so that is why it is good to eat a little something in the morning. Esp for a diabetic I think this is important. So that is the one time I eat even if my bs is high. I just don't eat much. Good luck with however you decide to handle it.

Rose - Welcome to our group! I'm glad you liked the book excerpts. These two books have been so helpful to me...I haven't put all their ideas into practice yet but I find much of it stays in my head as I go about my day. It also fits into my more spiritual approach to weightloss. I know I have inside me everything I need to lose weight, I just have to keep my priorities straight and follow through on what I need to do.

Last edited by maryea; 08-08-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #129  

Rie, have you heard anymore from you Dr? Anxious to hear what they have found out. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

"Karenmo, don't you have to change disks to log your other workouts into the wii? Of course, I don't use it for a scale because I only have carpeting and it is sooooo off."

Rie, on the wii fitplus when you click on your graph-- you can see at the top where it says "Wii Credits" and you can log in outside activity there. Also like with Walk It Out-- You can add in your steps at the top of the wii graph.
I just finished doing 31 minutes of the Wii-- I divided it between the Basic Step and the Free Step which is why it came out to 31 minutes. Guess I just hated to get started --- but I did it now! Going to start out with just the 30 minutes right now and just the walking until my legs and hips decide this is really happening!!! LOL!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Reporting in....Finally Doc was in and I got in there after bridge. Got hugh shot in my knee and supposed to get all better in a few days. But it is hurting right now....biggggggg timmmmme

One question when and how did Kia get hurt? I looked back and missed that...Dash is so upset......k3
Old 08-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #131  

Karen, hope that shot helps you in a hurry!! You must be hurting really bad.. Sorry

I also must have missed the part about Kai getting hurt--- How did that happen and what happened?

Be back later...
Old 08-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #132  

From 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle
If not food, then what?

I'm making this short...the gist of this reading is to make a list of 10 other non-food items that are important to you...people (name them), things, activities. Be specific. Now start thinking and planniing ways to give these items more attention. The more time you spend on these items, the easier it will be to keep food less important.

From If I'm So Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight by Brooke Castillo
Don't Ever, Ever, Ever Give Up!
"Do or do not, there is no try,: Yoda

Accept yourself, love yourself, don't judge your body too harshly but you don't have to accept being fat. Discover the reasons you eat, change your habits and live in a happy and comfortable way. When you are happy and in line with your own guidance you have no need ot use food as an emotional tool.

Taking care of yourself physically is our way of loving ourselves and our bodies. Connecting with your body and emotional tools to cope, instead of food, are steps toward a peaceful kind of wholeness. Eating food that truly feeds our body and exercising in a way that promotes health are essential. We can have a body that is comfortable and a life that is free from obsession with food and weight. She also thinks we can live in the world and have a piece of cake and go to a a party that has food without panicking.

Loving your body now, as it is, and wanting it to be fit and thin do not have to be mutually exclusive.

Our bodies and the way we carry them are a reflection of our inner life and our beliefs about who we are and what we deserve. We don't have to be movie star thin to be happy. When we eat according to our body's wisdom and not in order to cope with our lives, we will arrive at a natural weight that works for us. It will be comfortable and won't take too much effort to maintain. Cooperating with your body frees you up to be comfortable in the world and to use your energy on something more productive than trying to look like magazine cover.

Me - this last reading is great...informative, interesting, inspiring and motivating. This is just a little bit of it.

Last edited by maryea; 08-08-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello goldies
How is everyone today? The survey company just came on ds lot and shot elevation. So I guess the pad will be next. . Exercise done for the day. Instead of jogging today I did my zumba DVD. It's a high intence workout. I was sweating. Yuk. Last night I was put in a situation where I ate something I shouldn't have. But I didn't pig out on it. But I do feel bad for doing it. Oh well today is another day. That's behind me and I will move forward.
It's been a busy week for me. I have somewhere to go after everyday this week. The grass is steady growing and I can't get to it. Maybe tomorrow. If I'm lucky dh might do it. He usually does but I've been helping him since he been working on mil house. We have that about done. I'm so glad. I would love to go camping but we have so much to do. The fishing is not that good right now. Water is so low and hot. Can't wait for October.

Donna~ congrats on the new sizes. I know you are excited. I am too when I get in a new size. Throw out all big clothes is my advise to you.

Marie~ they have some weirdos in this world. Lol

Karen ms~ I'm sure sprint is as good as any. Just make sure they have towers in the areas you are using your phone. All the areas around here are AT&T. At the camp everybody was talking on the phones and ours were dead signal. At that time we were centennial. They had a better package but no service.

Maryea~ congrats on the dropped weight. You are doing really well. I'm sure its a daily struggle with the diabetes. I watched my mom do that for years. She cut back on her eating and about 2 years later she has really lost a lot of weight the doctor was able to cut back on her meds.

Karen fl~ I hope you can get some relief with this shot.

Rie~ did you get your results back yet. Praying for you.

Hello to all
Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #134  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Karen3, I hear you on that knee trouble. I had water on the knee a couple of years ago and had 2 shots, one in December and one the following April. The one in December didn't help a lot but I could feel a difference in pain level. The one in April hit the spot and I've been virtually pain free since. Hope you have good success with your particular knee trouble.

So much for sitting and staring out into space. I've been doing some painting with DH. We stained the back deck and the front doorsteps in the heat of the day. The sun was shining and reflecting off the white house like a mirror. We're just sitting resting for awhile now and I'm wondering what we'll have for dinner, hmmmm....

We took the kids out for supper last night and I must say I'm less and less happy with restaurant food. We ordered pasta and pizza with salad and everything was so salty (except for the salad) I even commented on it. I like salt but this was overpowering. It's a chain restaurant and we've eaten there before in various places and don't remember everything so salty...maybe it was this particular place. Anyways, I put in a complaint on their online site so we'll see what comes of that.

Have a nice unsalty day, ladies.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hi Goldens,

I was up early this morning after a short night due to pool league last night running late. My team is doing well and is currently in second place with a good chance at first. It is a really competitive league so I am pleased.

My biopsy results came back yesterday with the good news that it isn't any of the scarier possibilities and the bad news of no more clarity about what it is. My PCP saw me yesterday on a routine visit and he took over my care in this area after consulting with the other doc. I have new antibiotics and a new plan.I feel hopeful about it - he is very caring and very good.

On another note: he was actually thinking of taking me off one of my diabetes meds because my bs is so stable and controlled. We elected to leave things alone for now - why fix something that isn't broken. And, If I go off it, then I might have trouble getting the insurance to pay in the future if I need to go back on it. I am happy with that.

For those wondering about Kai, she broke her ankle while Marie was on vacation. On her second cast right now Marie can fill in the details later.

Marie, what a shmuck! You should be so proud of your pack and especially Kodiak - his instinct was to kick butt to protect the rest of you. LOL my family always had Lhasa's and other dogs like that for house dogs. They don't shed in the way that your huskies do. My cat has been gone for 3 years and I still find the stray cat hair here and there. Probably a comment on my housekeeping abilities

Donna Thanks so much for the love and support! I hope that you have a really great day at work today.... I am truly glad that you have landed with such nice people.

Isabella, oh, darlin! You were out staining things yesterday when I was imagining you staring off into space? Hmmmmph! Here's hoping for a restful day for you.

Cajun, so cool that you plan to be camping in October... Up here, that is prime hunting only time and my camper will be winterized and stored for the winter by then. I will be traveling around to pool tourneys then also. Of course, I bet that you don't ever get freezing temps and snow in October like we do! Tee Hee

Karenmo, in our area sprint has terrible and non-existent service. I have AT&T. I think it really comes down to a decision of whether or not that you are able to stay within the data limits. Some of our work phones had data packages and it was often hard for people to stay within the limits when sending pictures. So proud of you for working out. And yes, stay with 30 minutes a day until you get used to it again. Don't risk an injury.

Karenfl. I suppose that was a cortisone shot? Some folks get almost immediate relief and some get a "cortisone burn". This is really painful and lasts a couple days. It is your body reacting to the shot. Fortunately, the longer term pain relief is often worth it. I get a shot 1 or two times a year. It is worth the bad pain after the shot to get the function for several months. I hope that is true for you. Ice, Ibuprofen and pain pills if you have them.

Donna2, congrats on the new sizes! You are the rapidly shrinking woman!

Mary, I am wondering if your morning readings are the Morning Effect? Have you tried a small carb+protein snack at bedtime?

Well, I know that I am missing people but I am running out of time. I am loving all the graphcs. Later!

Rie

Closed Thread