Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #91  

Height: 5'3"

From 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle (paraphrased)
This reading is about eating with awareness. You can do a lot of unconsious eating and not even realize it's contributing to your weight gain. Remember there are two purposes for eating...for fuel and for flavors. If you are eating for fuel, staying conscious helps you become aware of your fullness and if you are eating for flavor you want to notice and enjoy the taste.

From If I'm So Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight by Brooke Castille (paraphrased)
Belief Too#3
The author goes on about changing false beliefs that are causing us trouble.

The way to get rid of a crappy belief system is to replace it with a good one and take action in your life to prove that one is correct. It will feel awkward and new. We won't be convinced by it until we take it for a test drive and see how much better it makes us feel. Sometimes when you start believing in a new belief, many other illogical ones pop up around it. That is why it is called a Belief System. Usually there are many beliefs that support each other. For instance...if you believe you will always be overweight, it may be because you believe that you are weak, have no will power, lazy, that life is too hard, that you don't deserve success, that your metabolism is messed up, that you are ugly and that it will always be a struggle. EUREKA! Belief system found.

One by one you must dismantle this belief mess. None is true and you need to stop believing them. How would you act if you didn't believe these things? How would your life be different? If all your actions were driven by the exact opposite of each of these beliefs, what results would you have and what would you feel? What would your life look like? How would it be different than it is today? How would you feel on a daily basis? How would you act if you really believed that you were worthy?

The worst that can ever happen is a negative belief that things should be different than they are.

Quote from Wayne Dyer: "I will see it when I BELIEVE it."

It is almost impossible to achieve something if you don't believe you can. You will constantly sabotage yourself to stay in line with your illogical system of beliefs. Change the belief and then you can truly see it manifest in your life.

You are going to believe something...why not believe something that helps you feel good?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - Sorry! I didn't think about the electric bill either, until a couple days ago!

My first ISP was AOL dial up and now I am on Comcast but I still use AOL for my e-mail. I have to sign in. I have had other email addresses, such as Hotmail, Yahoo and Google, but I never use them and if you don't use them they close them after a period of time.

Maryea - When I first got my e-reader I went to the library for help setting it up to download library books. The guy there was going to load the program on my e-reader but instead he told me to download them to my computer and then transfer them to the reader. I like that system, because they stay in my downloads. If ever I'm reading one and my e-reader malfunctions I can finish reading it from my computer. In fact, a person who didn't have an e-reader could download the library books and just read them on the computer. It would work out good if they had a laptop. I use Adobe Digital to transfer them to my e-reader.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 279/223/132

Height: 5'1"

Hi GG's!
I just wanted to post my 10 reasons I want to reach & Maintain my goal I just wrote for 100 day challenge and taped to bottom edge of TV, Pantry door and dashboard of my car. (My biggest danger zone of all - I always want to reward myself-or take advantage of a rare trip to town with fast food take out-esp. pizza). I'll be back later for personals.
1.Garden, garden, garden!
2. Play on floor, swingset, ball park and garden with grandchildren.
3. Be able to walk with ease.
4. Be able to climb stairs.
5. Be able to clean my home properly.
6. Wear what I really want to.
7. Go out to movies, ballet recitals, concerts.
8. Take Penny to the new dog park all by myself.
9. Be able to help others with my Feng Shui and Reiki once again.
10. Join in with Friends & family more, like being able to walk the mall with Katy and the babies.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #94  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG’s,

Yippee ~ a day off. It is nice and sunny here today. Computer weather thingy says 95* right now.

I had hoped to get to go swimming today ~ “H” and Maddie were going. “H” and I could not agree on a time, so instead of argue about it, I said forget it, I will just stay home. When he gets back, I want to try to understand what was the problem with the time I proposed. I did not want to do that in front of Maddie and have her think I am a crabby witchy old grandma. “H” is smart ~ knows me and that I don’t like to argue in front of Maddie, I guess he knows how to manipulate a situation so that it comes out how he wants. My daily dose of Grrrr. Maybe I should start a streak of rolling pins ~ kind of like Am2’s exercise streak. Might as well laugh right? Don’t let the get you down.

Had a dentist appointment today ~ got my permanent crown. It feels nice and smooth ~ better than the temporary one did.

Comments ~

Ginger ~ way to go with the list. You can do it. I can so identify with rewarding yourself with foods. I keep trying to think of other things I can reward myself with or look forward to than food.

Carol Sue & Bobbi ~ yes ~ the AC is costly. That is why “H” is such a and always adjusting/tweaking the setting.

Mary ~ thank you for your kind words. I’m not doing so well yet. Gotta put all that thinking into action. Yes, Rie’s energy is amazing ~ but remember she is one of the “teenagers” among us.

Rie ~ don’t over do ~ take care of yourself. You want to be able to enjoy that camper.

Bobbi ~ we have sbcglobal (I think it is through ATT) ~ my e-mail has a little box you can check to where it will keep you signed in for a couple weeks at a time if you want it to ~ or you can have the option of signing in every time.

Hello to everyone else ~ the dryer just buzzed, so I had better get a move on.

Hope you all are having a nice day.

Take care

Edited to add:

I'm sorry for what seems like my frequent negative posts. I need to try to have a positive attitude ~ maybe it will help me feel happier ~ instead of looking on the down side, look on the up side. So, instead of a streak of rolling pins, I need to make a streak of happiness. Or say something each day I am thankful for.

Here is my moment of happiness for today ~ grandma heaven
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grandma heaven.jpg (25.1 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by glynne; 07-07-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Ginger that is really a good idea with the list!!! I should do that too--- but then I am always afraid that my thoughts will get laughed at! So I usually end up making "mental notes"

Gayle, that is a great picture--- I can just feel the love coming from it.

OK--It seems like this whole week has just flown by and I set down and now I'm pooped!!! Maybe get more posts done tomorrow!!! Have a great weekend
Old 07-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #96  
Want to feel better

I saw a commercial this afternoon for a thing that sounds neat. When you all talk about making smoothies, it sounds so good, but like more trouble and work than I want to go to with a blender and all.

This thing was called slushy magic ~ had these re freezable ~ re usable ice cube things that you put in the container and add liquid and shake and it turns it into a slushy.

They have a whole display aisle at walmart of "as seen on TV" stuff, so I am hoping maybe I can find it there. I thought maybe the kids (Corbin and Maddie) might like them, then thought maybe I would too.

ETA ~ maybe not ~ I forgot that Amazon has reviews of stuff ~ there was one good one, but many that were disappointed with it and said is was a waste of money. Guess I will forget about that idea.

Last edited by glynne; 07-07-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

My biggest problem these days is ice cream. I am craving it EVERY day! I am OK with weight/calories, but NOT with good nutrition. Too many of my calories are from carbs, and too few from fruit/veggies/protein.

I think the heat is affecting my brain and making me crave ice cream!

Lynn
Old 07-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #98  
Want to feel better

Hang in there Lynn
Old 07-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello Lovely goldens!

I slept in again today so I didn't get a workout but I have lots of activity planned today. Gardening and a few chores top the list. LOL at you guys talking about my energy.... I am hoping that tonight we will be headed to the drive-in movie. I love it.

Last night dgs and I headed to our home town baseball game. We have a minor league team here. It was fun. The game was rather boring but the atmosphere was fun. Of course... I can't resist giant baseball hot dogs... I bought the old fashioned kernel popcorn and butter flavored oil for tonight.... Not a good weekend for eating for me.

Mary, I continue to enjoy the tips from your books. Do you and Joe have a wii? It sure is a good way to play lots of games with the gk's. Maybe it would be a good present for you from your kids? I really enjoy it these days with the heat outside...

Bobbi, I am hating the air conditioning bills. I refuse to be uncomfortable, though, so I pay. I just think that it costs a lot to heat my house in winter and a lot (more) to cool it in summer.

Lynn, when I taught statistics, I used to tell my students that ice cream and the murder rate are positively correlated (true). The heat rises and people get crabby.... they also want more ice cream. Consider your current situation to be a public service! It is probably keeping those irritating people in your condo association from mayhem.

Gayle, grandma moments are the best. You have such a sweet face and Maddie shares it! , and sometimes.... I wish you wouldn't worry or say you are sorry for your legitimate feelings. If you can't vent to the goldens..... who can you?

Karen, no one here would DARE to laugh at your lists of any kind!

Ginger, I love your list. Although, I have to say that cleaning my house properly has never been on my list!. I have to say that it is nice to clean the house and still have energy to spare!

CarolSue, I have never even checked on books from our library. I have so many books to read now.....

Well, Donna, Karen, and others I missed.... Have a great day!

Zoe and Marie, if you get a chance to lurk here.... Big

Laters! Rie

Old 07-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #100  

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! We are thinking about going to our local Sat Market. Haven't been yet this year. Maybe get some fruit/veggies there. We usually have lunch there and the food is not so nutritious...like fair food. Will depend on how I feel. I started having back spasms last night. Only had 3 muscle relaxants left. Took two last night and after quite a while they did help. So called the on-call doc and he is sending over a prescription to the pharmacy, thank God. Didn't want to hurt all weekend or have to go into urgency care.

Dh was so sweet this morning. I try not to set my fan where it will blow on him as he is sensitive to cool air which means I sometimes have to really stretch out my arms and legs to reach enough cool air when I have a hot flash. I'm just thankful to at least have the fan, but when he saw me doing this early this morning, he got up and turned the fan more directly on me. No wonder I love this man! LOL

Breakfast this morning was a smoothie made of Silk Protein & Fruit to which I added 1/2 small banana. It was good but very sweet.

Glynne - Loved the picture, so sweet! I was rather slow to enjoy being a grandparent but I'm loving it now too!

Karen31 - Laugh at you?....surely you know we would not do that! Be like me and just tell it all.

You all have a good weekend!!

ETA: Bobbi, I use gmail and I love it. Lots of room...I get lots of email due to sweeping and I have no problem with the inbox filling up with gmail. Right now I have over 11,000 emails in there! Like Glynne mentioned with hers, I can set it to remember my log-in info for a while before I have to log-in again. I also like it because you can carry on and keep a running conversation as it will keep all responses together.

Last edited by maryea; 07-07-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

No, I wasn't talking about anybody here---- just DH and brothers if the should happen to see a list on the refrigerator!! LOL!!
Old 07-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #102  
Want to feel better

From Rie's post ~ (Lynn, when I taught statistics, I used to tell my students that ice cream and the murder rate are positively correlated (true). The heat rises and people get crabby.... they also want more ice cream. Consider your current situation to be a public service! It is probably keeping those irritating people in your condo association from mayhem.)

Oh my gosh Rie ~ love it ~ this is one of those ~ read it and snort and almost choke on your coffee or spew it out onto your computer screen
Old 07-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #103  

Karen31 - Oh I understand now...yeah, I'd probably be that way too.

Rie - I'd love to have a wii! I keep entering sweeps but so far haven't won one. It would be nice esp later on when we can't do things outside.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 279/223/132

HI GG's!

Lost 3 pds this week I just tried to upload a pic. Wants URL> How do you get URL for a pic that is on your computer? I guess I'll have to upload to my website 1st. Someday.

Mary: Hope your back feels better soon. Thank God my hot flashes ended a decade ago. I don't envy you.

Karen: I finally got to where I'm me. Just accept it. On my 57th Bday I wrote all my relatives and introduced who I really am, all my beliefs and stuff they might not approve of. right out there. I just could no longer hide the real me and my real feelings anymore. I believe that did help a lot with that 72 pd loss that time. I still can't figure out what really started me back up again. Feel It's more important what I do now.

Lynn: Yeah... I do stand the longest in front of the ice cream freezer on shopping days- I'm thinking of having my son checking for contraband the next time he takes me shopping before I check out LOL!

Rie: Drive in movies? WOW! It's been over 30 yrs since I've seen one of those. Really brings back a lot of young memories. About the Clean House Goal. I have to divide each room into 4ths to clean 1 fourth each day. Forget the kitchen and tub or shower, My DH &DS have that duty-just can't be done from a wheel chair or walker. They have way do it once a week. I NEVER invite anyone over, If they show up I meet them at door to sit on the front porch. I'm just too embarresed. Hence the great desire to get healthy enough to get and keep my beautiful home clean.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #105  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello Gals. We're packing up to go home today. Actually, we're stopping off at DS#2's place overnight to pick up their old car and get it registered. DH is going to use it going back and forth to work.

For all you smoothie lovers here's a great idea at Lynn's Recipes on YouTube. I thought it was just marvelous.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3pdRFVFaHY&feature=plcp

I'm off to pack up a few more things and get them in the car. Have a great day.
Closed Thread