Where's my 50+ newbies? Week 1

You're on Page 7 of 11
Go to
  • Wk 7 WI
    Good Monday morning! Today at WI, I'm down 4 lbs. Feels awesome, My coach pointed out my wt. loss progress, one wk. more lbs. off, the next wk. not as much. Same with inches. I went camping with family this wknd., and had no problem with cheating. I keep thinking about the regret everyone feels when they "slip"! Try to stay strong! Positive. Have a great week everyone, and "2 thumbs up" for everyone's loss this WI.
  • Wi # 6
    Hello all, sorry I forgot to post! Fri was WI # 6 down another 3.4 for a total of 26.8 and 219.75 total inches so far. I fell pretty good overall..some days a little tired but considering I'm off my back meds and anti inflammatory meds I'm doing really good. My BP is way down as well, so I'm really happy about that. I'm due to see my endocrinologist in a few weeks, and I hope she tells me blood work is great and no need for the Metformin. Considering I am not exercising, its amazing I've lost 26+ lbs. Almost half way to goal...
  • WK 8 WI, don't feel like a newbie anymore!
    Good Monday morning! WI was acceptable, -3.6 lbs. Almost to "onederland", I ordered the blueberry cran-granata mix. Hope I like it. Cscape, glad you're feeling better, your loss has been great. I'm only bout 10 pounds behind you! Keep up the good work, has anyone heard from byugal? TTYL
  • Hi, I am on week 3 and was started on the alternate plan on IP for the first 3 weeks because I have type 2 diabetes. I was allowed some fruit and other carbs. I still managed to lose 14 lbs in 3 weeks. So far I love this diet and do not feel hungry most of the time, Pretty good for carboholic! My sugar numbers are so much better too. Hoping to get off or at least lower my meds soon!
  • Welcome Happy :)
    14 lbs. is a great start! I'm pre-diabetic also, and my numbers have been under 100, these past few weeks. I'm so ready to be off those metformin "horse tablets" lol. I go into see my diabetes coach, Friday. She hasn't seen me for 1 1/2 months. Best of luck to you, you're doing great, this plan is by far the best I've ever been on. Keep in touch,
  • Quote: Hello all, sorry I forgot to post! Fri was WI # 6 down another 3.4 for a total of 26.8 and 219.75 total inches so far. I fell pretty good overall..some days a little tired but considering I'm off my back meds and anti inflammatory meds I'm doing really good. My BP is way down as well, so I'm really happy about that. I'm due to see my endocrinologist in a few weeks, and I hope she tells me blood work is great and no need for the Metformin. Considering I am not exercising, its amazing I've lost 26+ lbs. Almost half way to goal...
    quick update cscape, oops, I'm 25 lbs. behind you, not 10 like I thought, math was never my strong point!
  • Heck.I made a HUGE math mistake...I've lost 19.75 inches NOT 219.75!
  • Wk 9 WI
    Back from WI, down 1.7 lb., I knew I shouldn't of ate out last night. Live an learn! This wt. loss has been great, I'm so looking forward to our vacation in Sept., I am going to TRY to stay on point, but I'm not promising anything! What an attitude....Have a great week everyone!
  • Wk 10- WI
    Love Monday's, not. WI was so-so, down 1.8 lbs., but lost 4.5 ". I'll take it! Well this little thread might close down, that's okay, I should be on the IP thread anyway. Have a great week and loss! ShoBan signing out.
  • Quote: Love Monday's, not. WI was so-so, down 1.8 lbs., but lost 4.5 ". I'll take it! Well this little thread might close down, that's okay, I should be on the IP thread anyway. Have a great week and loss! ShoBan signing out.
    Hi Shoban, I haven't been online much and yes, what happened to the other 50+ newbies?? I had a so-so WI #8 on Fri as well. 1.6 lb for total of 33lb. I had extra salt for a few days as I had a headache I couldn't get rid of and thought maybe I was dehydrated (had about 16 glasses of water!) Still, wt loss has averaged 4+ lb/wk and for my age, and no exercise that is really good.
    I'll look for you on the other boards.
  • New 50+ and Ready to Go
    Hi all,

I'm new to the 3FC site and look forward to your insights, knowledge, encouragement, and friendship.

I received my WS products (great service and delivery) and am getting organized for this weight loss journey. My history of being an overweight adult is typical - yo-yo dieting over the last 40 years. Was never overweight until I after I went on my first diet - lol

I am somewhat active - I have a trainer and go to the gym 3x a week. However, my eating and nutrition have to get with the program as well. Funny how the two should go hand in hand!

Hope you all had a great long weekend and talk with you soon.
  • I'm just getting going again..might be week 1 for the 24th time..sigh
    I will probably follow the Sonoma book but I need to stock up again on whole grains.

My pantry just got cleaned out, or in process, mostly for age . But a good time to fill with good healthy food.
  • This is my first week too. I have tried many times before with some success, but I have always gained the weight back as I slipped back into old habits. Calorie counting plus stepped up exercise has worked to some degree in the past, but I can't seem to stay with that long term. I have noticed a few people in my life that have had success on low carb diets. After looking at the Paleo diet, I have decided this might be the one for me. I've also been reading the work of Dr. Jack Kruse, who is a bit of an extremist, bur I feel some of his ideas have merit. He recommends the Paleo or Primal diet plus something called Cold Thermogenisis. I've also looked at the work of Isabel from Beyond Diet. What all these plans have in common is a return to good nutrition though organic foods, grass fed meats, etc. So, I've rid my house of all processed foods, and tried to buy all organic, where possible.

All three of these plans encourage the use of coconut oil. Paleo says no grains or legumes. I know this is all well and good, but I also know I won't lose weight in this plan if i overeat these foods as well. I know from experience that I won't lose weight, no matter how healthy the calories, or how low the calories if I go over 2000 calories a day, and I must exercise.

So, here I go again.
  • ShoBan here, I'm taking a little vacation.
    Hi to everyone! I'm enjoying the OR coast, even if it's a little chilly. Actually looks like a clear and beautiful day out. IP is Ideal Protein, I've had success with this plan, losing 47 lbs. in 3 months. There's a thread to check it out if you're interested. Right now I'm on my own, I'll get back on plan next wk. Some of the other plans you're talking about sound healthy. Good Luck to everyone!
  • Another newbie
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the 3fc site and I'm still learning my way around the place.
    I'm 68 yrs old, retired and a diabetic.
    I'm not on any certain named plan, but have to get down to business with my health.
    My cholesterols have been creeping up, and a month ago my triglycerides were extremely high. I too am on Metformin ER, also a blood pressure med and I'm weaning myself off of Pantoprazole.
    I need to be consistent with my foods. I'm like many others, ... do really well for a while, then start craving the carbs and I'm off to the races for a month.
    Plus, I'm not consistent with my exercising.
    I would LIKE to lose about 105 lbs.
    I'm having some remodeling done on my house starting very soon, and besides what the contractors, electricians and plumber are doing, I'm going to paint every room in my house plus the basement. I'm also going to be finishing new cabinets for my bathroom and I'll be installing them when the plumber and electrician are done. I'm pretty strong for a woman and I love to do heavy work, like yard work and things like installing those cabinets. I'm glad I found this group. I'm hoping to keep up with you all now. You all seem to be doing so well. Congratulations on your successes. Carbie