Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Rosey,

My best wishes are with you at this sad time.

Lynn
Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #62  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Well, I fell into the pit of funeral food yesterday so today I pay penance by eating small portions. The scales were up this morning to goad me on to a higher plane of goodness than yesterday's decent into the dark abyss of food induced surges of serotonin.

I didn't have to cook dinner today as we had enough Funeral Soup left over for 2 servings along with a few left overs from yesterday's dinner that I hashed up on the frying pan. DH is so easy to feed.

Marie, you may kick the bucket in my town if you wish. But of course you must realize I may have to skip that event as I'll be much too old by then to make a good pot of soup and may have had one served at my own funeral by then. I'll leave the recipe to some trusted younger friend so your family can be well fed.

Lynn & Carol Sue, I used to watch several reality shows but kind of lost interest. TBL comes on late here and I always fall asleep watching it and never see the weigh in. The one reality show I do like is The Apprentice, not because I like Donald Trump but I like the play. The Celebrity Apprentice is not as good but I watch that now and then, too.

Rosey, my deepest condolences to you and your friend's family. You are a good friend.

Rie, hope I didn't resurrect too many bad memories of hysterical cleaning in your childhood. DH was spared and went to bed totally unaware of the cleaning that may take place. He just went back to work without a cross word between us so the cleaning may get delayed. Hahahaha. I did, however, get up early and clean the church. DH dropped in and washed the basement floor. Everything smells of lemon and bleach.

Karen31, somehow I missed your post with the pretty doggies. They look lovely.

The rest of you Gals have a good day and I'll catch you all later.

Last edited by retiredone; 05-04-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good morning! Just a quick post. going to get some lunch and then on to pick up the 5th wheel we bought.

Marie, so sorry that Kai had another seizure. They are so scary. Ginger and Sissy send Hugs.

Got the Wii out since I have a bedroom set up now where I think I will be able to use it. Have the batteries on the charger now. Not sure how accurate the balance board will be now since it is sitting on carpet. May have to go and invest in new scales. I am one that just has to see the numbers pretty regular. Also talked Tim into going and looking at an electric lawnmower... I really don't mind mowing but I hate using the gas mower.... so usually Tim does it but I think I would really like to do it. I know I used to and it is some good exercise too. The guy is supposed to call us back-- he has Black and Decker 19" electric mower for $50.. I know call me crazy!!

Have a good day and will catch y'all later.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #64  

Hi GG's,

I started this post this morning and I lost it. I just got frustrated and quit, but i'm back again. When I went to Kenzie's soccer game Monday I was wearing a winter coat and gloves and hat and wrapped in a heavy blanket and wore winter boots. And still froze. Yesterday we went to DGS's first tract meet and I got a sunburn. Didn't even think about taking lotion.

Rosie, so sorry to hear about your friend. I know you will miss her.

Marie, I was getting worried about you! We hadn't heard from you in a bit and I'm such a worry wart. But I knew you had just went back to work and was probably swamped. Sorry to hear that your darling Kai had another seizure.

Rie, Have fun fishing. I love trout. And family reunions. so important to stay close with family.

Karen, the girls are looking good. they look like little fluffy dust mops. You can just let them run around and clean your wood floors.

Lynn, I always say that if I really like a show it's the kiss of death for it. It always gets axed.

Carol Sue, Glad that the BP is looking better. I do the same thing when I'm cooking for a crowd. I make the dinner and them I keep adding things to it, untill I end up with enough for an army. It comes from my mom worrying that there wouldn't be enough.

Isabella, Every day is a new beginning. we all mess up. the important thing is to make sure it's just one day. It's easy to over eat with so much stuff around that you don't normally have. And what, exactally, is your funeral soup?

Deb, glad to hear that you are doing well with the nose surgery. And as far as the over eating, read above.

Got to go for a walk before it starts raining. Have a good day,

Freda
Old 05-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy all...Both of us are still hacking and blowing. Can't blame each other as we came down at the same time....yuck

New pc is driving me insane and get something up and running and then can't figure out what happened to something else. I can not find the web page for our Wed game....just checking to prove am still here well sorta...k3

PS Oh Rosey, I'm so sorry you lost your friend. Love hurts sometime. k

Last edited by Karen3; 05-04-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #66  

Thankyou everyone for the kind words it means so much to me. I'm kinda dsiconboobelated today. i plan to do nothing we had snow last nite yikes even the dogs objected. hope your day is awsome rosey
Old 05-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Just quick note....am kinda tearful. I just got an advance copy of DS new book that will be release july 1st and he dedicated to me....awwwwwww k3
Old 05-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

That is so Fantastic!! And you deserve those "Proud and Happy Tears"!! I'm anxious to be able to read it! So Awesome!!
Old 05-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #69  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

K3... You must have been a good mama and still are #1 in son's memories.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #70  

How wonderful. You must be a terribly proud mama
Old 05-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #71  

Hi everyone. im feeling a little better,naps help ive been reclined gorking with 3 dogs and a cat on my lap,they help too. K3 thats so awsome for your son to do.whats the name of his new book? i'll try and catch up on all your news. in the mean time hope your weekends awsome. i managed to loose another 2 #'s must have been all that walking at the hosp. ttfn rosey

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt with kashi cereal

lunch
tomatoe cuke salad

snack
coffee mocha
trail mix

dinner
pork cutlet
1/2c noodely stuff (lipton side dish parmesan noodles)
fresh steamed asparagus
ps. i just had alittle teeny tiny container of ben and jerrys cherry garcia ice cream. it was exactly 1/2 cup and tasted like heaven lol sometimes a girl just has to have her ice cream

Last edited by akrosey49; 05-05-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Goldens!

Well, I am in the midst of my trip preparations. I got my hair highlighted today and picked up some shirts that will meet the dress code for the tournament. Players must wear a shirt with a collar and I don't have any that would be good for playing. I also bought a new sun protective shirt for fishing. I am so looking forward to the trip tomorrow. Sean and Kenny are my favorite fishing buddies.

I thought you might be interested in my pool practice as I am getting ready for the tourney. Every night I shoot 5 racks (75 balls total). Then, I pick a certain shot and I shoot that same shot for 3 racks (60 balls). That is my practice routine. It takes me about an hour and 15 minutes.

Rosey, I am so glad that you took the comfort of your furry friends today. I lost my best friend a few years ago and it was so hard. I hope you find some comfort.

Lynn, how are you? Is this a good group of students that you have this time?

Marie, I fully expect to see a new tat or piercing tomorrow! You wild thing, you

Donna, I think you were just recovering. You are sharp as a tack!

Karenfl, what a great honor! I can't wait to read his book.

Caddyk, still on the rv hunt in my world. I was tickled when we were talking about range of towns and the search. You get lots of options within 150 miles. I have to go at least 150 miles to reach another town....

Zoe, I hope that you are back home from the vermont gig.

Freda, I am glad that you are feeling better. I was laughing at the winter clothing and then the sunburn. We routinely use a heater and an air conditioner in the same day.

Isabella, I also want to hear about what is in funeral soup.

Carol, in farm culture, a good farm wife can feed any army or crew that shows up for the meal. I have always had a hard time cooking just for a couple. My ds is much better at judging portions.

I know I am missing people but I am kind of fried. Last night I had coffee at the meeting and was awake most of the night. As we leave at 0530 in the morning, I hope that I sleep well tonight.

Have a great Saturday.

Rie

Old 05-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #73  

Height: 5'3"

Finally getting here...even though I've been online a lot today...I found a site called trippy.com and I got addicted to it. LOL It's like Pinterest only for travel. You can put pictures of places you've been or want to go and organize them into categories. Many may be there so I learned to search for them first and just click I've been or want to go in that case. I have put a lot of places in there I've been but there are a lot more places still I want to enter. I spent way too much time doing that today!

Went to the gym as usual and go a good workout. It's another cool, mostly cloudy (sun came out briefly at times), quiet day in the neighborhood. I put out a bunch of stuff, books, clothing and household items for ARC pickup. I finished up the laundry and did a little housework. Tonight I had a sm can of V-8 juice (original vegetable kind) for an appetizer.. dh grilled steaks and I made some hash browns (Simply Potatoes kind) and stir-fried some broccoli seasoned with a little soy sauce and lemon and I had 1/2 apple for dessert. Dh had a little wine with his meal. We decided next time we would just buy one steak and we will share it, we eat so little anymore. Both of us always end up putting 1/2 in the fridge. I try to use the leftovers (or dh does) but we do waste some. I buy organic meat and it is too expensive to waste!

Rosey - Sorry about your friend. Glad you had these last few days with her and good memories. And congrats on the 2# loss but that's not a good way to do it.

Karen3 - Too late for this time, but I use an online backup service to back up my computer files, so when I get a new computer I can just download the files again. Very helpful. If you don't want to back up a lot, many are free. I pay $5.99 a month with Mozy They may still have a free plan too. Just wasn't enough for me. I keep a lot on my computer.

Freda - Sunburn? Amazing! It's going to be a while up here before I could get a sunburn! I still wear some light sunscreen in my moisturizer most days though.

Karen3 - What's the name of your son's book? Having a writer in the family is pretty cool! I just found out that an acquaintance of mine has written a book. I tried to find it on Amazon today (she said it's there), but am going to have to get the name better I guess as I couldn't find it.

Marie - Yes we enjoy the coast, both WA and OR. You reminded me I should put places on the coast and also Las Vegas in trippy.com. Thanks!

Gotta run as dh calling. Have a good evening everyone!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #74  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning...since we had such a mild winter, our Orioles and Hummingbirds are back early. May 1st we saw the first male Oriole. I'm on my second batch of sugar water, last nights storm swung all the juice out of both feeders.
Deb...glad the doc got it all and like someone else said, "lots of sun block".

Lynn...remember when you told me to put a bar of Irish Spring soap in bed with me for charlie horses? I wrote the date on my calendar and updated it this morning with a 5:30 Charlie Horse in my right calf that woke me up. Ouch! I haven't had one for 40 days/nights. So I'll mark the calendar again with NO SOAP between the sheets and see how long I can go without the cramping in my calves/feet. That should give me some idea if it's an old wives tale or really works.

Rie...why do you need collars on your shirts for the pool tournament? My mind is going wild thinking about it... no distraction of opponent looking at your boobs,? Does it have to be buttoned up? Good luck and that's a whole lot of practice.

Mary...I've been using only 8 oz. of ground meat with TVP lately for our meals. The thought of pink slime got to me so I made and froze my own burger. I purchased a chuck roast and a family pack of pork chops. I cut all the fat off the beef roast and the pork chops, ground up the meat and mixed together in 8 oz package to freeze. Then I cook up some TVP with beef broth, mix it in the 8 oz thawed burger for some really good, fat free hamburgers. DH knows the TVP is in there but can't tell the difference. Have you ever used TVP? (It's textured vegetable protein for anybody that doesn't know) This frugal living really is a fun challenge.
Quote:
We decided next time we would just buy one steak and we will share it, we eat so little anymore. Both of us always end up putting 1/2 in the fridge. I try to use the leftovers (or dh does) but we do waste some. I buy organic meat and it is too expensive to waste!

Isabella...I'm thinking you probably use TVP since you don't eat meat. And BTW, you should be fat with all the church meals/funerals and baking you do.
Rosey...congrats on the two pound loss.

Freda...we haven't been to soccer games yet this year, I'm not sure my gs is even playing. But the last game we went to last fall was cold too. Brrrrrrrrrr, I can still remember freezing my butt off but hanging in there anyway. The support we give our grand kids will never be forgotten by them so take comfort by that.

Marie...sorry about Kai, hope the seizure don't hurt your sweetie. My mom had seizures years ago before they had meds for it and she used to get banged up a bit.

Carol Sue...I'm with you on making lots of food. You can always send it home/freeze it or use it for future meals. But.....not much you can do if it's not enough.

K2...what's happening with the critters in your yard, really gone? How does fried Armadillo taste?

KarenMo...love the fluffy fur-babies new do.

Donna...it dawned on me after replying to your last frugal email that it wasn't your granny that was frugal, I think it was Rie's granny. Sometimes I get really confused. I got a email from a friend that lives in British Colombia and it was all Maxine jokes. I should have pasted them on facebook like you.
Hi to anyone I missed, I'm hungry and cold. I put jean shorts on and I need to change into long jeans..brrr

Last edited by Bobbolink; 05-05-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #75  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Isabella, that is an excellent way to describe comfort eating. Dark abyss of food induced surges of serotonin. It is beyond a perfect description.

KarenMO, Kai appreciates Gingers and Sissy’s hugs. She is doing well now. She averages a seizure about every 8 weeks. The last time it had been 10 weeks, this time 6 weeks. So the average sticks but most of the time it is every 8 weeks. At that rate, she doesn’t have to be on meds. So I like that because she’s horrendous to give meds to. Doesn’t matter how much food you hide it in, she spits it out.

Freda, cold then hot days are the definitions of spring. I hope the sunburn wasn’t bad. Love the idea that Sissy and Ginger clean Karen’s floors. My dogs just shed everywhere and track dirt in. I have a cool little plaque that says “A dog and its housekeeper live here”.

KarenFL, how awesome that your son dedicated his book to you. That’s such a beautiful pat on the back.

Rosey, on the eradication of 2 more pounds. You are just amazing.

Rie, I bet the highlights look awesome. Why, oh, why do you have to wear a shirt with a collar for the tournament. I never wear collar shirts. I hate them! Good job on getting a shirt to protect your skin while fishing and I hope you’re having a great time today. Catch lots and toss ‘em back. Fishies must swim.

Mary, DH and I always share one steak. Very few places sell a 4 oz steak and that’s the recommended serving size. But then that would be tiny and if you’re going to splurge, I want more than a couple bites. We usually get a 12-14 oz steak and split it. Usually 1/3 and 2/3. DH still like to eat lots.

Bobbi, we have quite a few Anna hummingbirds. I have two feeders up and have gone through their food several times. I saw one this morning and thought it was nuts to be out already. It’s only 27 degrees. Bet his wings were flying because he was trying to stay warm. I started a fire this morning because my house was cold. 70’s this afternoon. The swing of temps in the mountains is always amazing.

I think I’m still going shopping with my friends. One is having trouble with her ex. Nothing new there but its involving her children as well. So it might get canceled. I’ll know later. Just gorking the early morning in front of the fireplace with my sleeping huskies. They’re all so darn cute.
Marie
Closed Thread