3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   I'm back!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/255862-im-back.html)

maryea 04-06-2012 04:14 PM

Probably 15 miles or so.

Wannabehealthy 04-07-2012 07:16 AM

Hey Jude! (I just had to say that, LOL) Like Marie, I was shocked to see your 300 calorie goal. At first I thought you wanted to cut 300 calories per day. I don't think I could go that low unless I was in a position where food was not available to me. Like after surgery when I was not allowed a morsel for 6 days and my body got used to it. I understand your reasoning, that a low calorie goal at least keeps you under 1200. But I'm blown away by your comment that you save most of your calories for after dinner. If you're saving most of 300 calories for after dinner, you can't be eating more than a lettuce leaf for meals! I am by no means being critical. I am actually a little jealous that you have such good control over your eating!

My thinking on exercise is not about weight loss. It is about blood sugar and blood pressure, cholesterol, heart and lung capacity etc. Because of a life of inactivity and poor diet I have quite a few health problems. Although they are also hereditary, I think being more active would have prevented them from getting so bad. I feel so much better when I'm exercising regularly. Having an active lifestyle works, too. I don't think it has to be a regimented exercise program.

I am interested in hearing about your program as you go along.

gracewriter 04-13-2012 08:36 AM

Wow Maryea, we live really close!

I had a terrible week. Drank two beers last Friday night and gained 3.5lbs. I would have never thought that physically possible. But it was...I just got that weight off and am back on track and down, 1lb from where I left off last Thursday!

NO MORE BEER FOR ME!

I'm still trying to work everything out. It looks like around 500-600 calories for now is the magic number. I can lose anywhere from .5 to .1lbs in a day. I think my average is around .4lbs though. Definitely mega minerals and other types of nutrition supplements is also key as I just added them back on and it seems to be accelerating the weight loss.

Also an herbal laxative, cascara, is important because with low food you have slow-to-come BMs and it's not healthy to have anything less than at least 1 BM a day or 3 if you are eating normally.

Since I added back my herbs & minerals, things seem to be moving along quicker. I feel great, no dizziness, weakness, etc. The first few days I felt a little off but now I feel back to normal.

I did 300 calories a day when I was 31 and lost 75lbs in about 3 months. I'm sticking with 500 this time around as I don't see much difference in weight loss. Sometimes I can lose a pound doing 800 calories in a day too. But sometimes I gain. I stay more consistent at 500.

I'm not loosing as fast as the people on the HCG diet, but I'm good with that as I don't want to spend the money or put hormones in my body that don't belong there.

It might seem like I don't care about my health while eating so few calories, I do. I've been dabbling in natural medicine for 20 years with great successes.

It's good to be here. Again, it was a terrible week but things are looking up.

Thanks to everyone for chiming in. It really helps to have support and people to share my experiences with.