Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Hi GGs,
I am doing diet + exercise for 1 year and now got bored with it. I lost 24 lbs and now weight loss has slowed down. I do not feel like doing IP.
Is anybody 55+ losing weight?
Old 03-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #302  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

I made my corned beef and cabbage yesterday. Today I am making Irish brown bread - want it warm out of the oven at dinner.

My DD & SIL got home this morning. They are coming here for St. Patrick's Day dinner.

Have a GREAT day & enjoy the LUCK O' THE IRISH,

Lynn
thanks for the Irish wishes ! sure hope your DD and SIL had a great time on their trip to alaska.

Marie I LOVE TO shop online ! you go girl

Last edited by ladysheets; 03-17-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #303  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning, just a quick check in before showering. Why are some words double underlined on this site? Is that happening to all of you or just my new computer?
Quote:
Puneri...we all get sick and tired of dieting, counting calories, measuring our food, blah, blah, blah. You asked if we were still losing after 55? Yes and no. I've lost my weight only to put back a few pounds once I go back to eating normal. Normal as in no counting calories. In my case, I'll have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life. Many gals on here can just have a small bite of something and be satisfied, not me. What camp are you in? All or nothing like me? If you can just maintain for awhile then go back to watching your calorie intake, it might re-energize you.
I'll be gone most of the day like most of you, family visiting day for one. Maybe we can take MIL outside today for a change, it's really beautiful here.
Have a great Sunday.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #304  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I see calorie and calorie intake were both underlined in my post, I clicked on them and went directly to ads.
Lynn...Marie's on line shopping note from you went to another ad.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Puneri - I CAN lose at 66 years, but only if I a very diligent with my food. When I was younger, in my 20's I could wish and the weight would fall off. It's a change, but not impossible. After a big loss, like your 24 lbs, it does have a tendancy to slow down. Your body wants to hold on to that security blanket.

Bobbi - I do not see the words underlined when I read your post, but I have seen that in a lot of articles where they are directing you to a site that explains the subject in more detail. It wonder if it has something to do with the way you have your new computer set up? Does anyone else besides you see it?

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 03-18-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Lynn - There was a typo in my story about DH. We re-connected in 1977, not 1997. Twenty years makes a big difference! LOL I was not still out disco dancing in 1997!

DH and I notice something else that is eerie. If we are watching TV or listening to the radio and also carrying on a conversation, we will say a word in our conversation, such as "party" and within seconds the person on TV or the radio will say that same word. DH noticed it first and then I started noticing it too. It happens at least once or twice a week. It's always a word that we say first, not one that we hear them say, and something just said in casual conversation, not something said purposely to see if they will say it.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello goldens!

Today is a Sunday with bright blue skies. Temperature in the mid 60's this morning? Is this really March? I am worried about the lack of rain and snow here. The farmers have started burning off weeds and ditches. Yesterday their was a "burn warning" - no burning because it is too dangerous. In March???

I plan to go out for a walk today to join the walking challenge. I am going to baby the knee by walking slow but I MUST move!

Marie, LOL on the chemical filling in oreos. It tastes just awful to me and coats my tongue.... bleck! I also laughed about you shopping from your couch - that's where I do my best shopping!

Carol, I loved your story. Wonderful!

Bobbi, I don't know anything about underlined words. They aren't showing up here that way when I read the post.

Puneri, I have been on a plateau for a while. It takes a while to lose when you get close to goal weight. Most of the people that I know on IP have put the weight back on. I consider this to be a lifestyle change - not a diet. I keep hoping that the scale will reward me in the end...

Brenda, did you celebrate last night?

Lynn, that was a great story about your student. Some things are meant to happen. Did you enjoy your supper last night?

Rosey, I always think that it must be such a joy to go to "Aunt Rosey's house". Those girls will always remember their times with you.

Donna (hope GM is ok), Zoe (hoping Micah is better), Nancy () Gayle (glad that you joined the challenge - I will see you in CO) and to anyone that I missed..... Have a lovely Sunday.

Rie

Old 03-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Thank you guys,
For me also it is life long change. But, today I ate 80 cal fudge after my lunch,
And I feel terrible now.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #309  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Brenda, I think my DH would like you to chant “stop Marie stop”. I spent another couple hundred yesterday. Although he wants yesterday’s purchase to arrive asap. I found wedge tables for between our recliner couch and recliners. I bought two and he really liked them. But since I’ve been on a spending spree (a sure sign of my bipolar) he’d like me to stop. I will not buy anything today.

Bobbi, I don’t have underlined words either. I do when I read my yahoo email and other sites’ articles.

Rie, I so understand “I must MOVE”. I keep putting music on that just makes me dance around the house. So I keep dancing and causing problems.

We had a wonderful time with my DS, DIL and DGD last night. Kody was a bad doggie and got sent outside with a scolding when he rumbled (not a growl in the least but not nice) at DGD. I don’t think I’ve moved that fast since the surgery. He was out the door in seconds. This morning, my DD and I skyped and she had my DGS read Go Dog Go to me. He’s a kindergartener and the book is 64 pages long. DD discovered he knew how to read on Friday and he read me a book yesterday too. I recorded itthe reading today and will put a video clip on FB. It is really awesome (says the proud grandma). I made strawberry cheese blintzes for breakfast. I’m thinking I won’t be losing weight this weekend. But oh me, they were divine. Topped them with our home grown strawberries that I froze last summer.
Marie
Old 03-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 200/183/150

Height: 5'7

I'm new here.Some about me.Stuggle with weight most of my life.i stugggle with compulsive eating.I'm trying to eat healthier and exercise daily 30 mins.I do good until I'm arouind sweets,and than junkfoods.It blows the whole propose of trying to lose weight.I've been binge free since 3/9 so over a week.My weight yo-yo from binging.Right now I'm 200lbs.Was 216lbs after last binge.Does anyone else have binging problems?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #311  

Height: 5'3"

Happy Birthday Nancy!! Sorry I'm late. This morning I didn't go to church as I got very little sleep and was tired and achy but I didn't get any more sleep staying home so kinda wish I'd gone now. But it gives me a little time to chat here with you all. Yesterday we went to Costco hoping to talk to the Leaf Guard man there but he wasn't there, so we just picked up a brochure and my mocha mix, shared pizza and left. Have any of you had any experience with the Leaf Guard gutter sytem? Is there a better one? We are thinking about getting it as I don't want dh to have to use a ladder to clean the gutters. Also on one side of our house dh says the gutter is in really bad shape and the water is running down which supposedly is not good for the house foundation. Dh has put in a filter (made himself) but the acorns and pine needles from the trees get on it and block it from working well. There are so many things that need redoing on our old house, I want to remodel the main bathroom and the kitchen but think the gutters may be our next priority. Hopefully the other house will be done with so I asked dh what he wanted to do next month and he chose to fix the gutters. So if we have enough cash we will do that, or at least save for it.

Mrslosingit - Welcome, so glad to have you here! I think I probably qualify as a binger. Sometimes worse than others, and I am generally eating less when I binge now than I used to, but I still go crazy every now and then in the evenings with my snacking. I'm usually fine at other times. I have a hard time losing because it just depends on how often I do this in a week. Lately it's been about every other day. I lost 1.6# this week but if I binge tonight I could be up that much tomorrow.. I'm a little OCD I think in regard to other habits (good and bad) and I beginning to think that has something to do with my eating issues too. But I never ever give up trying, and I hope you won't either. This group is very good at encouraging and inspiring, so you are in a good, safe place.

Marie - I think one of the things that keeps me from gaining even more when I over snack is that I do tend to move a lot at night. I often do stretches or lift weights while watching TV (at least I did pre-iPad!) and during commercials I do aerobic type exercises ..sometimes while getting my snacks but at least I'm moving. Your strawberry blintzes sound good!

Puneri - I hope the fudge didn't make you sick but if it's just the calories, 80 doesn't sound very bad to me.

Slmn11/Puneri/Bobbi - I have that happen a lot when watching TV...saying a word, then someone on TV says the same word. Guess just a coincidence but it does seem wierd at the time. I too was able to lose weight very easily when I was younger...just moved a little more or dropped sugar in tea or something and the weight fell off. I was that way for a very long time actually. Wish it were that easy now! I am 69. I can still lose weight but I have to eat no more than 1500 cal consistently, exercise doesn't seem to help me much with weight loss and I lose much more slowly, yet if I eat more the pounds just seem to fly back on me! Bobbi I only see underlined words like Slmn11 described.

Rie, I think I missed you, I hope you have a good day! I'm sure I missed others too...so hi to anyone else, oh Lynn, just remembered you. Hope you are doing well. Are you over the UTI symptoms? Take care Golden Girls, you are all important to me.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #312  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Lovely Ladies,

I've read all the posts I've missed in the few days I didn't get on here. Took awhile, we are a chatty group, thank goodness. I've seen some of the other groups wither and die. Worked Friday, and that is usually a busy day, but we only got one admission, which was good. Saturday I took DGD and her friend to see Disney on Ice. Saw some very talented skaters, and the girls had a good time. Dropped DGD off at home and picked up DGS to spend the night, and then this morning took him to soccer practice. I can't believe it's that time already! But then, we did indoor soccer, so it hasn't been that long. Went shopping for tennies and didn't find anything. I wear a size 5 and they are hard to find. Kids shoes have no support, and I have to have good shoes. Came home and did a load of launery (sheets) and hung it out side on the line, and scrubbed down the patio while I was out there. Ok, my back is sore....

Marie, Add me to the list of people who doesn't like Oreo's. Love lots of other cookies, but oreo's just aren't in the list. I don't shop online often, but DH just told me that he had seen an add for a Jasmine plant that he wanted to try. Any of you ever grown a jasmine vine?

Rosie, I know you are looking forward to seeing your daughter and her family home again. Wish them luck on finding work. Work is actually picking up here. We've seen signs out advertising for workers. Rare site, and so welcome.

Isabella, I hope your back is feeling better. Sometimes I just get so annoyed at mine.

Karen, Can't believe you are alrady moved. You can move fast girl. I would probably still be packing.

Rie, Be careful with that knee. But I know how you feel, I can only go so long and not move. I get sluggish and just feel bad.

Lynn, Isn't it amazing how some things just work out? I am a firm believer in fate.

Mrslosing it, I think most of us have the same problem. If it were easy, we wouldn't be here. But it's a struggle we all think is worth it.

Puneri, most of us are 55 and old and are losing it. It's takes work but I can't imagine myself stopping. I know where I would be in just a matter of months, and I don't want to go back there.

Bobbi, Almost done with DD's house? Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Donna, I have problems with the site sometimes too, and get very annoyed with it. How many days a week do you work? Keep up those exercisers.

Carol Sue, sound a little like Twilight Zone, doesn't it?

Gayle, Haven't hear from you lately. I hope you are ok and just busy and out riding that bike or walking.

Freda
Old 03-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #313  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Freda, I'm a big fan of Zappos for my shoes. They are fast and pay shipping both ways. Maybe that would help with the shoe buying dilemma.

MrsL, welcome to the group. I admit I'm not a binger. I am a muncher. When I am not controlling my eating, I munch all day, never feeling one pang of hunger.

Mary, keep your DH off the ladders. You don't want him hurt and the vision problem might make him off balance.

Marie

Last edited by Marie; 03-18-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Another beautiful day here in PA. My North Jersey friend and I went down to Long Beach Island (Jersey shore) and reserved a room for a couple of days in May – just before the seasonal rates kick in.

I had a BAD sleeping night last night – could not fall asleep until after 2 am. So, I got up too late to get to gym before I met my DF.

I start teaching again on Tuesday. While I am teaching, my plan is to post my food and exercise here every day.

Hope everyone has a GREAT Sunday,

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneri View Post
Hi GGs,
I am doing diet + exercise for 1 year and now got bored with it. I lost 24 lbs and now weight loss has slowed down. I do not feel like doing IP.
Hi Puneri,

I lose and gain. Basically, I have been doing diet and exercise since I was 15 (I am 66 now). If you are getting bored, pick a new diet and new exercises. Doing this will also probably give you a weight loss jump-start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysheets View Post
thanks for the Irish wishes ! sure hope your DD and SIL had a great time on their trip to alaska.
Hi Lady,

They LOVED Alaska. My DD ran with the reindeer, they saw the beginning of the Iditarod, they saw the Northern Lights, they went to Homer (bar where some TV fishermen drink), saw ice carvings, and saw MANY different kinds of animals including moose, otters, eagles, and bear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning, just a quick check in before showering. Why are some words double underlined on this site? Is that happening to all of you or just my new computer?
Hi Bobbi,

I do not have double lines (links to ads). I suspect that it is related to my security settings. You might want to call tech support for whatever security program you are using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmn11 View Post
Lynn - There was a typo in my story about DH. We re-connected in 1977, not 1997. Twenty years makes a big difference! LOL I was not still out disco dancing in 1997!

DH and I notice something else that is eerie. If we are watching TV or listening to the radio and also carrying on a conversation, we will say a word in our conversation, such as "party" and within seconds the person on TV or the radio will say that same word. DH noticed it first and then I started noticing it too. It happens at least once or twice a week. It's always a word that we say first, not one that we hear them say, and something just said in casual conversation, not something said purposely to see if they will say it.
Hi Carol Sue,

I wish I could insert the old noise that they used to play Twilight Zone – doo-doo-doo-doo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
I plan to go out for a walk today to join the walking challenge. I am going to baby the knee by walking slow but I MUST move!

Lynn, that was a great story about your student. Some things are meant to happen. Did you enjoy your supper last night?
Hi Rie,

We were wondering where you were on our journey to Colorado Springs. Move slowly – you don’t want to aggravate it.

I enjoyed being with my DD & SIL. Corned beef & cabbage & potatoes is not one of my favorite meals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneri View Post
Thank you guys,
For me also it is life long change. But, today I ate 80 cal fudge after my lunch,
And I feel terrible now.
Hi Puneri,

80 calories is a drop in the bucket! NOT enough to worry about. A little treat now and then can actually help you stick to your diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
We had a wonderful time with my DS, DIL and DGD last night. Kody was a bad doggie and got sent outside with a scolding when he rumbled (not a growl in the least but not nice) at DGD. I don’t think I’ve moved that fast since the surgery. He was out the door in seconds. This morning, my DD and I skyped and she had my DGS read Go Dog Go to me. He’s a kindergartener and the book is 64 pages long. DD discovered he knew how to read on Friday and he read me a book yesterday too. I recorded itthe reading today and will put a video clip on FB. It is really awesome (says the proud grandma). I made strawberry cheese blintzes for breakfast. I’m thinking I won’t be losing weight this weekend. But oh me, they were divine. Topped them with our home grown strawberries that I froze last summer.
Marie
Hi Marie,

One of my greatest regrets in my life is losing an audio tape of my DD reading a golden book when she was about 6. At the time, she had a Jersey accent and pronounced “Tigers” as “Tigahs.” Every time I think about losing that I am sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslosingit View Post
I'm new here.Some about me.Stuggle with weight most of my life.i stugggle with compulsive eating.I'm trying to eat healthier and exercise daily 30 mins.I do good until I'm arouind sweets,and than junkfoods.It blows the whole propose of trying to lose weight.I've been binge free since 3/9 so over a week.My weight yo-yo from binging.Right now I'm 200lbs.Was 216lbs after last binge.Does anyone else have binging problems?
Hi Mrs.

First, WELCOME! So HAPPY you came to join us. You will LOVE it here. Everyone is VERY nice and VERY supportive. CONGRATULATIONS on being binge free since 3/9. I wish I could say the same. My bet is that most of us have problems with binging sometimes. If I can get away from carbs, I get away from cravings. However, once I eat white bread, rice, potatoes or sweets, the “CHEW” attacks me and I am on my way to a binge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Are you over the UTI symptoms?
Hi Mary,

Since I cut back on my cholesterol meds (taking 1 now instead of 2), I have no more UTI symptoms. I am still taking the Vesicare (chicken to stop). I started taking “crill oil” when I cut back on the meds – I am hoping my numbers do not raise too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
I've read all the posts I've missed in the few days I didn't get on here. Took awhile, we are a chatty group, thank goodness. I've seen some of the other groups wither and die.
Went shopping for tennies and didn't find anything. I wear a size 5 and they are hard to find. Kids shoes have no support, and I have to have good shoes.
Lynn, Isn't it amazing how some things just work out? I am a firm believer in fate. Freda
Hi Freda,

I think that our group thrives because we love it when new folks join us. I think there is always an ebb and flow with online groups and we don’t “die off” when members take a break bc there are others to take the place.

My DD has the same problem as you. She goes to Stride Rite. Got a kid’s pair of Uggs just before she left for AK. Says they did fine.

Is is fate or is it coincidence? I am not sure, but some things seem just too coincidental to be coincidence!

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 03-18-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #315  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Hi All,
No celebrating for me lastnight. The dear lady i take care of who is 90 got very ill and had to have emergency surgery lastnight. She is on a ventalater this morning. Had a huge hole in her stomach. They say she is doing good and should be able to breath on her own later today.She has been like a mother or grandmother here to me. Hope you all will send good wishes,thoughts and prayers her way.

Have a great sunday everyone
Closed Thread