Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #256  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Isabella - that is one VERY handsome little man! I loved the cake and cupcakes and think that it was well worth the $$$.

Everyone, onward!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I got Tim home!! YAY!! I left at the same time his plane left Dallas BUT I stopped at Shakes and had me a Butterscotch Concrete!!! OH YES I DID!!! That was my supper!! Then got to the airport about 15 minutes before his plane landed. He said the funeral services for his Dad were very nice, saw a lot of family and they took his Mom's ashes and scattered them behind their old house in Mass! So I've decided that he can do all the fretting and worrying now about the house---I'm too tired to worry anymore!! Next week this should all be a nightmare memory!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! A little cool (64) and cloudy here this morning! Got a busy day ahead of us today and I am so happy that Tim is back here to help with all this "Stuff"!! Have two closings and a move to get through...Hopefully we will just have showers to deal with and will appreciate the clouds today! Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:11 AM   #259  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Just checking in for a minute, have only skimmed the post. I called our server and set up my email account just now. This new computer HP is so much nicer than my HP that crashed. I've much to learn on it, now I have to set up my printer. Unfortunately I lost my MIL checking account and our checking account plus all my pictures are gone No, I didn't have them backed up. Starting from scratch on everything. I have to pay bills today and need to set up a new account, go online to see what bills are clears, blah, blah, blah.
Marie...I'll go put a word in our game first and you are a fantastic player. I beat Bruce all the time...playing with you really is a challenge. I love it!
Later everyone, KarenMo...happy Tim is back home.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning all....I am so tired of getting error signs etc. Just tried to shrink picture of a box of the new books from DS's editor and getting the message. Then come here and get the message....Take BP and get error 3....gee...have they cancelled the world and forgot to tell me?

Funny thing....Our best friends flew to Fl for their DD's birthday and Dh's buddy was on the same flight. He must have been totally shocked as he keeps his travels secret. Imagine he'll be down to visit them soon. Thanks Zoe....I forgot about his shaved legs....giggled all day after remembering.

Used the new program last night with tv...have to relearn listening to tv as I heard sound effects that have been missing for years. My left ear is so bad I can't hear the beep that says level has changed...so will have that fixed next trip in. Like the remote control but still not sure about tv connection. Still have 3 weeks to decide.

Possible fish fry tonight....iffen they catch the fish! Defrosting anyway....after all these years I never trust the mighty hunter to provide dinner!

Marie...Wish you were reading One Good dog. It was one of the few books that really grabbed me. All the way to the last page.....

Karen...Can't believe how quickly you are getting moved.

Isabella...Cake was great, but DGS is a sweetie. No kissing gramma? Thought that started at 7. When all girls are yucky!

Bobbi...you devil you....I know you were smiling when you told MIL that he was living with you.

Just realized it was on FB that I reported new hearing stuff. Anyway they are digital and actually wireless and the audiologist just sits with cp and changes things. I hear tv with a router and have decided i am now a walking ipod! Old joke about at tpaper that i won't repeat!!!!!!!!

Donna...Is your brother's name Alex? Because you descibed my brother/wife. They only thing he ever did on his own was DM's birth date on headstone...and got it wrong. She was born 1912 and he had 1913 engraved. Can't make a 3 back into a 2.

weather down here is beautiful today afte a booming thunder stowm last night. Yup had aids in...wowzer!

As Bobbi says am burning sunlight....k3
Old 03-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #261  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

good thursday morning,
Sounds like everyone is up and at em this morning. Karen you have a busy time ahead. best of luck on your move. Sister Matty is looking forward to your email when you get settled. you guys will have to go for that walk in the nice weather your having. Im jealous.

I was trying to get some pictures on and i cant seem to get them. pop up says they are too big. anyone know how to reduce the size of pics to put on here. Never had that issue before.

time to get ready to head to town~ wishing you all a great day.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #262  

we had rain here today. will be going out for lunch in a few minutes.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Here are a few pictures of the cake and cupcakes. DGS is sitting by the cake before the party. They had it sitting on top of the freezer. The other two pictures were taken at the party.
Hi Isabella,

BEAUTIFUL! Below is a photo of a cake that did NOT turn out so good.

Lynn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Funny Cake.jpg (28.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 03-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #264  

Morning everyone the older i get the more i realize i hate having my morning routine changed. i love watching my dgrs play basketball but why do they take all my morning shows away for march madness grrr i guess im set in my ways and nope dont want to change lol i watched a huge moose in our yard this morning climb a snow bank to get at the brush to eat. poor things all the snow is making it hard for them to get around this year. im getting ready for my youngest and her family,need to clean bedrooms and wash bedding. i havent seen them in 2 yrs. im so excited. they are leaving sat. pray that they have a good trip and no break downs. Karen31 happy moving,i dont envy the packing tho. Bobbie glad u like your new computer,i want a new one too,but new puppie 1st ((hugs))) for all and i will check in later rosey
Old 03-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Golden Girls -

Made it through last night. Whew. It is showing up on the scale. I’m feeling guilty for not accomplishing anything with my day - but losing weight is an accomplishment.

Lynn - Funny cake!

Isabella - adorable DGS! Cake beautiful.

Marie - Did you know that March 6 was the 100th birthday of Oreos? If I could eat just 3 - and forget about the cake in the freezer - I wouldn’t keep regaining and having to lose the same 10 lbs. I agree that Words on the I Phone is small. I know I would have loved that I Pad. I’ll get one this year. Can you skype on that? I was part of a group skype - with my book club. It was very fun. Of course there are times when I don’t want the person on the phone to see what I look like - probably most times.

Okay - I’m getting bored. I may have to leave my little sanctuary and venture out in the world. I should go to the health club. But I got in the habit of stopping at Mc Donald’s for an Oreo Cookie Mc Flurry on the way home - all that coughing, sore throat - it felt good. This whole thing is a mind game with me.

Well, have a nice day everyone.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #266  

the month of march was a busy month 100 years ago. in addition to oreos first being made in march, it's also been 100 years since the founding of the girl scouts.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #267  

Hi everyone i found out that we are going to a funeral on sat. thus begins the mad dash for appropriate clothes. I dont have any dress clothes and sweats and flannel are a no no. then i remembered i had bought this pretty dusty pink sweater and a tank to go under it but at the time didnt fit. so i tried it on and my dh said i looked great a nsv for sure. im posting a picture. it will look great with black dress pants and shoes. please excuse the mess i was doing laundry ttfn rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HaileyandParker2010.jpg (25.1 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 03-15-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #268  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Very pretty rosey, won't be long until that doesn't fit.

I'm coming up for air, didn't get outside at all today...been putting in programs that I lost on the cp. I have two Hallmark card programs that I use all the time, didn't get those done or my checkbook. I'll be working on those tomorrow, right now I'm crashing.
Promise... I'll read all the post tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #269  
ALASKA

S/C/G: 254/239/195

Height: 5'10

Rosey love your smile !
Old 03-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #270  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Very quick hola... Rosey - that color looks great on you! YOU look great!!!

KarenFL - I'll see what I can do.
Closed Thread