Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Lordy is it still morning.....Our cowboy friends from Colorado are coming sometime today. Gonna call when they are close....what does that mean, they were 2 hours from here yesterday? So Dh and I have been up for hours and even Dash has had a shower/shampoo. Baked chocolate chip cookies and oatmeat cookies last night and candy dish is refreshed. Made 2 trips to Lowes yesterday to replace the broken blind in the bedroom. Linens changed and breakfasts planned for 4 days. I am not doing anymore cleaning/dusting my girls come Thurs....hope they don't mind dog hair getting braided between their toes!

Rosey...ouch! So there is a good side to neuropathy!

Can't imagine paying for cigarettes now. Even down here they are $49 a carton and know they are more up North. I stopped Jan 20th 2000.

You all worked you magic on me again. Baked all those cookies without crawling face first in the cookie jar. Knowing I would have to force myself to own up kept me away.

We are still having such warm weather. My door to the lania stays open 24/7. WF say thunderstorms this afternoon. Dash will have on his thundershirt for company. He feels handsome in it!

We will take the guests out for dinner all week...So just have to do breakfasts and make your own lunch. apple omlets,sausage and biscuits, BLTs, western omlets......TaDa!

I'll try an post a picture of these 2.....so funny. He has embraced the life of a mountain man. She has become an Indian pricess. I find it hard to call him Howdy instead of Kenny!!!!!!!

Life is really grand when you can laugh....BBL...hugs k3
Old 02-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Welcome newbie from Neveda!

I'm on my way to church! Day off from carpentry.
Carol Sue..those few cupboards you see in the picture are part of the new ones. I didn't get pictures of the kitchen completely stripped. The small cabinet off to the left is the cabinet that Home Depot measured wrong. The old cabinets that we pulled out were old painted ones.
Oh, Bobbi, so they WERE the new cabinets. I wondered why they looked too nice to be torn down. LOL Now I have to go back and take another look!
Old 02-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 158/153/128

Howdy to you all!!!

You guys are excellent acknowledging other members in your posts here...Since I am 3FC newbie, I would need time to make a habit of acknowledging you all soon...

I am so looking forward to Super Bowl game!!! Go Patriots!!! My fave is actually GBP... at least they won SB last year... Lots of people are surprised to learn that I am hardly a fan of Dallas Cowboys...

The pant I hang up on my door? It finally fit me this morn but it is tight but it let me know that what I am doing is working past few days...

I use nutrition tracker that helps me: Calories: 1200-1550; Fat: 32-56g; Sodium 500-2300mg; Carb 163-236g; Protein: 60-127g... I use food journal to do this...my math is being practiced every day...

I have not yet found that red body tape measurement...I forget where I put it...so no idea how many inches I have lost...at least I know my current pant size...have not used scale since second day...I hide it...I know from experience that scale lies... best weekly...which is Wednesdays for me...

Hope some of you feel better soon; congrats on those who have lost weight lately; have fun watching Super Bowl; welcome newbies!!

Happy Sunday to you all!

Cinnamonie
Old 02-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #94  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

I'm going to try again (again and again) to see if 3FC will accept posts....

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday! Onward, Goldens!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I spent the last 2 hours out in front of our local beer store keeping my DD company while she collected for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I gave up & abandoned her bc I was too cold.

Today was a good day for collecting in front of beer store! LOTS of people going in there.

Lynn
Old 02-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #96  

Hi everyone hope your sunday is awsome.i'm finaly feeling better except for the tetnus shot arm.Lynn im so sry about your friend,its sad isnt it. steves mom is that way now.i admire your loyalty. dh is watching the super bowl,i like the commercials and half time zoe im reading that pat conroy book, i'd forgotton how flowery his writing is. My dh is taking good care of me.rubbed my feet with lotion and painted my toes pink for no reason i guess the rolling pin go's back in the drawer for now anyways ttfn "GG" rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 006.jpg (20.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 02-05-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #97  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Lynn, so sorry about your friend. There were a couple of teachers I knew who developed Alzheimer's Disease shortly after retiring. It was so sad to see them. One in particular, whom I worked with, was happy to see me but I knew she didn't know who I was. She was holding on to her husband's hand like a little girl. It's such a horrible disease for everyone involved with the individual. Oh, yes, what a day to collect money in front of a beer store. I'll bet your daughter got a good haul today.

Marie, I think that tomato tart would be fine in a phyllo pastry case. You would have to use a little oil or butter between the layers to keep it crisp or I have also read about spraying butter flavoured pan spray between the layers. Don't know how that would be. But with the phyllo you can keep the layers to a minimum and still have a tasty treat. Any cheese should work nicely, too. Rie mentioned making individual tarts and that would work well with the phyllo pastry as well. The pieces of pastry sticking out over the tart pans would get all golden and crispy. Oh my, now I want to make it again. Haha. How wonderful you'll have your DGD with you for at least a few hours.

Oh, my, Rosey, so glad you got that needle out of your foot. I'm always afraid of doing that. I have stepped on needles but never drove them all the way in or broken them off. I just about always wear slippers or shoes as I have "delicate" feet. BTW, I just love that picture of Steve applying the nail polish to your toenails. How sweet!

You know Donna, that turkey meat loaf mixture just about put me off my food. Who makes up these recipes, anyway? Any type of slaw should definitely be a side dish. But, like you, I'd eat it because I paid for the ingredients, and the starving children, etc, and DH will eat anything even if he doesn't like it. He won't have seconds, though.
So glad you didn't have to resort to wrist slitting today. We'd have to send a posse after you. I cleaned out my bathroom sink drain a few weeks ago because it wasn't draining well. DH had said he'd look into it but I got tired of waiting. Oh, the gunk I pulled out of that.

Lucinda, this seems to be a weird winter in many areas. We have lots of snow now but it seemed to be later this year. You'll have to sell those boots.

Welcome Linda. This is the place for you indeed! Jump in and start chatting.

Mary, sometimes a body just needs a bit of extra sleep. Every now and then I get so tired I hit the bed right after supper. DH thinks something is drastically wrong as I'm usually a night owl.

Rie, tomatoes tartlettes would be splendid for sure! That cheesecake sounds so good. One of my favourites and it likes me too. Sticks closer than a brother.

Carol Sue, glad you found your stuffing bowl. I take showers more often than baths but I do like a bath every now and then. Your mother literally cut out smoking. Were you still at home when she did?

Gayle, you didn't offend me one bit talking about the phone. I don't think you could offend anyone. I understood what you were saying. My sister usually tells me she's falling asleep on the phone and we'd better say our good byes. I hope your back doesn't get sore or tired sitting on those chairs. Hopefully, they'll break now and then and let you all stretch.

Bobbi, hope you had a lovely, restful Sunday. I guess you'll be ready to go at it again tomorrow.

Karen3, sounds like your company will have a nice time visiting with you. Looking forward to pictures.

Cinnamonie, don't worry about not doing personals. That will eventually happen as you get to know us better. Not everyone has time or even the desire to do them so what you're doing is just fine. Congratulations on fitting into the pants even if they are a tight fit yet. Give them a few more weeks. The pants will just have to take the place of your tape measure until you find it.

I had a very nice weekend. DS and DIL were suppose to come and stay overnight but we ended up with some nasty weather on Saturday so they stayed home. We were all going bowling with our church on Saturday night so they were going to stay so they wouldn't have to drive home late at night. They seem to get worse weather than we do even though they are only about 90 kilometres away from us. DH and I rarely go out at night, especially in the winter but we ventured out Saturday night as the snow was only lightly falling. We had a great time bowling. Haven't done that in several years. I got a higher score than DH the first game (hahahahahaha) but by the second game my arm was getting tired and he made great strides in getting his ego back where it was before we played. After bowling we dropped in on friends for about an hour and headed home. Today the weather was clear and cold so we decided to drive to DS's and do some shopping at the same time. We had lots of left overs so I took them there and we had dinner. They have a Wii and DH said he'd like to play bowling. He bowled one game by himself and then we went against each other. May I announce that I won 2 out of 3 games. It was a friendly enough competition. Then I tried the boxing. I knocked out that poor little fellow on the Wii several times and won the bout. Following my blaze of glory we said good bye and headed home.

We're going to paint our kitchen cupboards. They are birch cabinets from the early 1980s and in good shape but look dated so they need a face lift. I'm going to do them in an antique white, replace the hinges and handles, replace the counter-tops and hopefully the sink and lay new flooring. I say I but it will be DH doing most of the hard labour as soon as I can get him all enthused about this renovation. I would gladly move out while this was being done but alas I will be there as his Girl Friday. I was talking to one of the sales persons at Kent (like Home Depot) who had done the same thing to his cabinets and he said they turned out really nice. He even had the same colour paint. I'd love to lay cork flooring but it's kind of pricey but I'm going to see how much it would cost for the kitchen as it's not a large area. I don't want to lay ceramic or stone tile because of my "delicate" feet. I spend a lot of time in that kitchen. Now, if I could only find some way to make that kitchen bigger.....

I'm not posting anything for Saturday as it's my treat day. I didn't even get on the bike. I ate light today to counteract some of yesterday's indulgences (and I enjoyed every one of them). So for today here are my eats and exercise.

Quote:
Breakfast: 1/2 a very large tangelo

Dinner: 1 medium piece veggie roast, 1/3 cup mashed potatoes, ff gravy, turnip, carrots & peas, cabbage, sweet onion casserole, 1/2 cup apple juice, 1 oatmeal cookie, 5 dark chocolate covered cranberries

Supper: 1 apple

Exercise: 14.07 km on exercise bike, 51 minutes
See you all tomorrow.

Last edited by retiredone; 02-06-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #98  

Hi everyone i loved clint eastwoods add the best on the super bowl. we are off to visit steves mom. they lost one of the people there yesterday and poor thing shes really rattled,cant say as i blame her. so extra hugs and kindness for her today. rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
1/2 roast beef sandwhich
grapes

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
1/2 c spaghetti meat sauce
6 noodles
small green salad

Last edited by akrosey49; 02-05-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Nanannananana...The Giants just won! k3
Old 02-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Isabella - I was around 9 or10 when my mother quit smoking. My father got sick and had to take early disability. The cash flow went down drastically. This was in the 1950's so you can imagine how cheap cigarettes were then compared to now. But she had to cut out anything that wasn't a dire necessity. I remember how common smoking was back then. And you smoked anywhere. Nowdays, smokers are treated as if they have the plague.

Marie - I love turkey, too. I usually cook a turkey once during the middle of winter. Also, we have a Bob Evans restaurant that serves a Turkey Knife and Fork Sandwich. A piece of toast, topped with mashed potatoes, stuffing and turkey, all covered with gravy. They will even give you a little cup of cranberry sauce if you ask. And if you go during the week, it's only $6. Old retired people find out about bargains like that! LOL

And I'm with you on not eating things that don't taste good. Part of the reason that my weight loss is so slow is because I won't give up the foods that I like. I try to keep my portions smaller to make up for it. It makes for a slower weight loss, but I will never have a craving for something that is not on my food plan. Everything is on my plan, just in smaller amounts.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-06-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #101  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning,All...

I think the "bad" weather is over for a few days, although we're due for a wee bit more white tomorrow or Wednesday. I have to figure that because we had NO winter last year and a normal winter this year, that the average is quite tolerable! I don't mind it, anyway...

I put a chuck roast and veggies in the crock pot (sorry, slow cooker) before I left. It makes me a little nervous to have things plugged in when I'm not home... but I'm sure all will be okay, and I can already anticipate that yummy dinner I'll have waiting for me.

Other than the plumbing saga, there was nothing exciting over the weekend. I did watch "127 hours (or 128?)"... given the total jerk James Franco was when he co-hosted the Oscars last year, I was leery of a movie with him but was impressed by the job he did.

Did anyone have a favorite SB commercial? I liked Clint's too... but pure fun were the two dog commercials. Loved Weego! Oh, the expressions on that little mutt's face!

Stay warm, everyone! Rosey - I, too, thought the picture of Steve pampering you was so sweet. You're BOTH keepers!!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #102  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

My car picked up a nail at DD's house on friday, had the tire patched. Yesterday I was dressed for church and went out to start the car, flat tire again. Today I took it back and they found another small leak in the tire by the rim, couldn't patch it. They finally put an inner tube in it since the tire had lots of tread left on it. Anyway, I didn't get into town to help DH paint the ceilings. Just as well since I'm kind of short and my neck would have given me problems tonight. I have lots of house work to catch up on, laundry to do, make more diet soup for my lunches so I'll be busy the rest of the day.
KarenFla...I had a nice surprise today on our potted peach tree. It has a couple dozen pink buds on the tree. I think I'm more excited about that than normal, it's budding 2 months early due to our heat wave in January.
Rosey...you really should have rigged up your camera for pictures of steve painting your toenails!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1195 (640x480) (640x480).jpg (26.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-06-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #103  

My fave SB commercial is Doritos where the dog bribed its own master with the snack because it was seen burying the family cat...that was funny!!! but glad it did not happen in real life...
Old 02-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #104  

I lost another pound today...
Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #105  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

KarenFL, if you back your guests cookies and you take them out for dinner every day AND prepare their other meals, I'm coming to your house for a visit. I'd love to be treated like royalty.

Cinnamonie, you and I will cheer for the same team the next time the Packers reach the Super Bowl. For now, I'm happy that the Patriots lost. Would have been better if the Giants and Patriots lost.

Rosey, I know your DH has been grouchy but now we all know that he brings you flowers and paints your toenails. He's a keeper.

Isabella, I think I'm going to find the little pastry shells Hungry Girl talks about and make the tomato tartlets. That sounds so yummy. With a nice big glass of iced tea.

Carol Sue, definitely sounds like you and I share the same eating plan. I will never cut out all the tasties that I love. And it's possible to lose weight like that. I lost 77 pounds. Sadly my maintain the last 2 years resulted in the 20 pound gain that I'm losing again. 13 to go and I won't give up my goodies and I like eating healthy foods too. It definitely works as I look at your ticker too.

Donna, your dinner from the crockpot (that's what I've always called them) sounds yummy. Much better than turkey meatloaf.

It's Monday again and I'm ok with being at work. That's a first lately on a Monday. I admit I did go to Starbucks this am - only because I had my free tall survey coupon thing. 110 cals and I skipped my Greek yogurt. No calorie damage but about 4 grams less protein. Oh well. It was yummy. I'm not sure I mentioned it to Lucinda and I'm too lazy to go back and look, but I took her advice and bought Starbucks stock. DH, the one that HATES coffee, just rolled his eyes at me. No one said I was normal.
Marie
Closed Thread