Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all...We took a ride up to Cedar Key. A wee town that wants to be Key West, but keep it's redneck roots. My favorite wildlife artist winters there. Art LaMay.

We had lunch/supper at a small restaurant in Rosemont. Dansel Washington made a movie about the lynchings that happened there years ago. When I say small it was SMall. 6 tables...but OMG the fish was just about to swim off the plate it was so fresh. Am not weighing in tomorrow. Think it was the best seafood I have had in Fl even the stuff I cook at home....

Beesparkle think of this site as your kitchen table where you pull up a chair with soft cushion, sip out of your own mug and all your best friends in the world are gathered to cheer you up, scold you, or help you keep on going when it gets tough. Some one here has lived thru what ever pain/hurt/rage/joy/grief/ problem you are facing and if they don't have the answers they will still be here to support you. Or send out the GG posse to handle it. Donna is the posse manager. The weigh ins are usually posted at the bottom of your page, but you need about 20 posts before you can get a scale. I hated mine it was always wrong and at my age I said "begone!". It's in time out mode.

Now ladies about my chip licking...you all do realize that 2-3 licked chips will ruin an entire bag. That isn't enough salt to blew my ankles up on 3 chips!

Carol Sue...Sorry about the bras. But what happened to me is I stockpiled 10 fab underwire bras in all colors and lost 60 lbs and not only went down 3 sizes but a cup size,too. Okay I again stock piled in my new size and after having open heart surgery in June can't stand to wear underwires. duhhhhhhhhhhh

So in my next life I'm coming back either as a dog or tall and flat chested!

Rosey...How is Steve?

Did I tell you all that we have been in a bind about Dash's medication. Dash is our million dollar dog who is allergic to chicken,soy, human dander, cedar etc. He was so bad at one time we're knew he should be put down. He hurt/itched/bled 24/7. Vet found that cyclosporine which was used originally for heart transplants to keep from rejection....and he was been well for over 2 yrs. Anyway US pharmacutics are having government regs problems with making it and they can't get more. Long short story is Canada can get it and we found it. Amen!

Off to facebook and see how DGD did in her ski race today. Would to love to be able to ski but can't get up the mountain to ski down. 2nd rung of a stepladder scares me.....in my next life tall, flat chested skier! k3

Last edited by Karen3; 01-29-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Talk about a SENIOR moment!

Several days ago as I left a meeting at our church, I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down. I was looking for my keys. They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing. Suddenly I realized, I must have left them in the car.
Frantically I headed for the parking lot. My wife, Diane, has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition. My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them. Her theory is that the car will be stolen. As I burst through the doors of the church, I came to a terrifying conclusion. Her theory was right. The parking lot was empty. I immediately call the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.
Then I made the most difficult call of all, “Honey,” I stammered. I always call her “honey” in times like these. “I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen.” There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard Diane’s voice, “Ken,” she barked, “I dropped you off!”
Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, “Well, come and get me.”
Diane retorted, “I will, as soon as I convince this policeman I have not stolen your car!”
Old 01-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #108  

Hi everyone. im the picture of a stressed out old lady like i stuck my finger in an electrical sockett.. my grizzly bear is now home but no diagnosis. they said it looked like he had a twisted bowel but it corrected it self and we have to cont to be the food detectives to figure out what he can have and not to top it off we let sadie out and she was gone far to long till we got a phone call she was quite a ways from our house and the lady was angry becuz sadie had jumped up on her daughter and scratched her yikes,so dh had to go and get her. shes on my doodoo list right now.on abetter note usually when im stressed i want to eat sweets and there was stuff her i could have had howver i decided to make some protein ice cream it was really good so if you have an electric ice cream maker make a batch very yummy! rosey

peanut butter ice cream
1 cup almond milk (or reg milk)
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
2T sf Torani syrup
1/4 cup pbll
blend in the bullet till fluffy
por into ice cream maker
it took about 10 min for soft serve

i put about 1/2 t choc syrup drizzeled over the top and ate it in a crystal icecream sunday dish

breakfast
coffee
1/2 banana

lunch
slice turkey
1/2 apple

dinner
hamb steak,grilled onions
sliced cukes and grape tomatoes

Last edited by akrosey49; 01-29-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Goldens!

I am back from the tourney. My buddies lost out and got 3rd place. It was a heartbreaker! On a positive note, I bought one of the teams in the championship match in the calcutta so I stand to make $2/300, depending on the outcome.

Karen, I am glad that you found Dash's medication.

Isabella, I actually eat potatoes several times per week. If prepared correctly, they are a cheap and low calorie starch. As a diabetic, I do better with potatoes than bread or rice. Maybe the fiber??

I LOVE the original fiber one! Good stuff, although some of the goldens - like Marie think it tastes like cardboard.

Lucinda, for the first year, I weighed only once a month at my dr office. (I would just go there and ask to use the scale.) Now that my loss has slowed, I have a scale at home. Remember, this is a long term process. Whatever works for you. BTW, I got a bottle of Patron silver for my birthday. Yum!

Rosey, how is Steve?

Chris, I am sure sorry that I don't have to be around cakes and frostings every day! You are doing a great job with joining in here.

Bobbi, I am glad that your instincts were right with the quilt. Binding is the last part of finishing a quilt. We always did our tied quilts with yarn knots but Grandma and her friends quilted lots of quilts by hand with thousands of tiny stitches.

To the newbies..... What ever you want to talk about here is good with us. Menus, weight, family, recreation... whatever!

Gotta go, supper is almost ready and I still have to log my food for the day. Later girlies!

Rie

Old 01-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #110  

Hello everyone. We had a real good day today. And I was afraid the way it started that it wasn't going to be..... I woke up at 6:15 this morning with a MONSTER headache!! I felt sick to my stomach and didn't even want to walk into the kitchen to get some ibuprofin. As it is I had to put my hands on the wall to walk down the hallway to get to the kitchen. I took 3 and then went back to the bed, I had my alarm set for 7:30 and I just shut it off cause I wasn't sure I was going to feel like even getting up for church. Then I got a cold cloth and put it on my head, I remember my Dad doing that years ago, but even that hurt! I got up at 8:45 and got some juice and drank it then got ready for church. I took 2 more ibuprofins before I left and before church was over i felt a lot better. WHEW!! I don't get those head aches often and I'm so glad that i don't!

After church we met the rest of the family at a restaurant called "Grannie Schaeffers". it was very good. I wouldn't mind just making that the place we go to every Sunday instead of something different everytime. I threw that out there but don't know for sure if anybody was in agreement on that. My Aunt rode with us back to her house after lunch and we helped her get her aquarium back together. She cleaned it good yesterday and just has a little trouble putting it all back together. She did buy a small fish bowl to put her fish in while she cleans it. It is only a 3 gallon round tank and she only has a couple gold fish but she really enjoys them. She had also bought a "swivel sweeper" the other day. It is battery operated and she wanted something very light weight to use. It is very hard for her to move the regular vacuum cleaner. So Tim went ahead and put that together for her while we were there and plugged it in so it would charge overnight. She was happy to get that done too.So that was pretty much our afternoon.

Donna, how are you feeling now? How is GM doing? Did you see the pics of the flowers that I have starting in the yard now? Spring is coming!!

Rosey, I sure hope that Steve starts feeling better real soon. It is so hard to try to get all this figured out and probably just as frustrating for him too. (((HUGS)))

Karen-- glad you were able to get Dashs meds! Thatwould be scary to all of a sudden not be able to get it! Ginger and Sissy send hugs!!

Bobbi, I'm looking forward to seeing your finished quilt! I'll bet it is beautiful!

I've read all the posts and I will have to apologize for not getting to everyone. I just seem kid of tired. Think I will check and see what is happening over on FB and do a few other things and just sit back and GORK!!
Old 01-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #111  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

Well, I didn’t get the room done, but got quite a bit done and it is better than when I started. Now, I will have to work on the rest a little at a time on my days off. I had brought all these piles of papers to the kitchen table to sort through. I got that done and can see my table again. That was it for today, except kind of making the remaining boxes in a neat pile. Have just kind of rested then ~ back to work tomorrow.

Weigh in today ~ went up a little ~ but not as bad as I feared it would be. I wasn’t as careful as I should have been this week. I enjoyed my time off, but it will be good to get back to my normal routine. I have my routine down for my work days ~ now I need to work on one for my days off, so I don’t mess up my hard work of the other days.

K3 ~ sounds like you had a nice day ~ the meal sounded wonderful.

Rosey ~ hope Steve is feeling better. Good for you ~ avoiding snacking during this stressful time

Lucinda ~ way to go on the walk today

Rie ~ Maddie told me I didn’t have to work, so after I get done with my house, maybe I can come to your house ~ LOL. Don’t wait on me though ~ as I get one area cleaned, it seems to spill over into another area. I’ve got drawers and closets that need working on too. Any flat surface is at risk for clutter. Sometimes, I feel like I will never be done. Maybe once I retire, I can get caught up.

Bobbi ~ your quilt will be beautiful when it is all done

Isabella and Mary ~ I have the same problem as you do with the snacking.

Freda ~ hope you have had a good weekend at work.

CK and Zoe ~ you both probably have had a nice time with your families.

Lynn ~ hope you are feeling better.

Lyn ~ enjoy your trip and the time with your daughter

Carol Sue ~ let the healing continue

Marie ~ yea ~ halfway through the year

Donna ~ have you gotten to “Gork” this weekend? How is SamCat?

Sorry, I am running out of steam already ~ so hello Deelee, BeeSparkle, Daylily/Chris and Jenye ~ hope you all have had a nice weekend.

Take care
Old 01-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Sound familiar?

Several days ago as I left a meeting at our church, I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down. I was looking for my keys. They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.

Suddenly I realized, I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My wife, Diane, has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition. My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them. Her theory is that the car will be stolen. As I burst through the doors of the church, I came to a terrifying conclusion. Her theory was right. The parking lot was empty.

I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen. Then I made the most difficult call of all, “Honey,” I stammered. (I always call her “honey” in times like these.) “I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen.”

There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard Diane’s voice. “Ken” she barked, “I dropped you off!” Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, “Well, come and get me.” Diane retorted, “I will, as soon as I convince this policeman I have not stolen your car!”
Old 01-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #113  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Okay ladyin weighting and karen 31 whats w/ the church parking lot repeating story? Is there some subtext I am missing. The story sounded vaugely familiar to me also, as I think I heard this joke told some where in the catskills when i was a kid.
But who knows, maybe stuff like this does happen to more than one person.
Anyway i got side tracked wondering who was married to who but then I figured it out.
So Karen31, you outed yourself. way to go girl! No harsh judgments from me. I'm a New Yorker.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Good Morning GG's,

I'm still busy putting baseboards back up after the new hardwood floors were laid. It seems to take forever, but at least I'm seeing some progress. I feel like I've dusted every inch of the floor with my butt as I work...

Last week I lost 1 1/2 pound but had hoped to do a little better. I blame the DBF and the pizza he brought over on Saturday, but it was good. ;-)

Yesterday when I was flossing my teeth one of them chipped, so I'll need to get that taken care of this week. It's always $omething...

Have a good day!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

Karen, sorry, I did not read yesterday's posts and I submitted the same story that you did. Definitely a Senior Moment!

Accountability -

Wt. - 149
Exercise - 30 min - 15 bike; 15 treadmill

Breakfast = protein bar

Morning snack - sesame flatbread; laughing cow lite wedge

Lunch - 1/2 whole wheat pita; hummus; Amy's veggie soup

Afternoon snack - SF pudding w SF Cool Whip

Dinner - "breakfast" pie; applesauce

Night snack - Lo-carb yogurt w prunes

LATE night snack - SF pudding; mini Glucerna bar

Total - 1160 calories

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-31-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #116  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm gobbling down my breakfast as fast as I can, DH is waiting for me. We're going to tear down DD's kitchen cupboards today, new ones from Home Depot will be arriving. later gators
P.S. Lynn....happy to see your smiling face posting weight and exercising!

Quote:
Keep me Accountable menu 845 calories + 443grams fiber

Breakfast - Fiber One, Caramel Cinnamon yogurt , Flax & Chia seeds,
3oz. Chunky Cinnamon applesauce

Lunch - I skipped lunch because of a planned cheat at nursing home dessert table with MIL...but we both stayed home, I had the sniffles.

Snack - Apple with peanut butter (PB2)

Supper - Grilled Cheese and tomato soup

Butterscotch pudding sugar free cool whip ˝ serving dry fiber one on top

Sunflower seeds
Orange
Old 01-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 180 / 177 / 160

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Good Morning All

Karen 3 that was a real simple post in there for me. really enjoyed that as you said. Think of this as a kitchen and you pull up a chair and join it. I liked that.

Bob6olink. I think you mentioned we are all in here with different problems being a health isue or other things. Right. We are. So knowone is better then the other. Correct. Some lose weight faster then others and some just inches and others stay the same.

The gal who wrote about Bra's. Karen. I agree. Next to nothing size fitting. I think the ones I tried on have cut have the size out to the boob fitting in sides. More flesh showing now. WHAT. then enclosed like it was. . I tried bigger size and I float in it front and side. Either the straps nearly stangle you or too short you can hang yourself. Do they not think of us Golden girls. Come on. One breast goes North the other goes South. Most golden girls are like a top drawer dropping down to the second drawer. I do complain like you gals do. Some elderly chick designer needs to get in there and lift us gals up proper. The natural way. You agree??? I know some one will say. I am afriad we are nautural down . It would be nice to have a wee bit of help. They say as you lose. Boy you look 10 years younger. Then let us be lifted up to match our ages when people give us that quote. You look so good now. I wonder really what they though of us before. I hate to think.
Lucindaarowspark thank you for your note to me

Deeler like wise

retiredone much appreciate

Thank you all for your inputs and encouragements.

I have to be in here 20 days posting. Okay. To get my counter in here and I think Karen said it has it wrong anyway. So there you go. Some you win some you lose.

Well I was up same weight this week as I was last week. Hmmmmmmm

First weeks I did exercise alot of minutes and then slowed down mid way to a hault after Friday house work. I have been getting in like 7 water at beginning of this week and slowed down to 5 as I really find water hard to drink. Does anyone else count other drinks like tea accoutable for water?

I put lemon in the water but it is not my fav. I have tried that flav stuff. Yuks. In the summer it seems I can drink water and if I sweat doing my dancing that id o. I love the Bee Gee's. Some fast and some slow. Poor Robin has not long to live. He has liver problems. So then Barry will be left all alone. How terrible for those men losing their brothers so early. I do enjoy dancing and looking like a golden girl fool. Ha.ha. . I have sciatic in left leg so I cannot over do my exercising and dancing is less weight on my body. Hard to believe but it does make me feel good but it tires me somelater.. I am golden alright.

I do use my extra points every day in week unless something comes up in the wekend. So far not yet. . I still stayed the same this week

One thinks maybe IF I used 3 only of my extra points I would of been down. Or maybe IF.

I guess if you get all the If's. It can blow your mind.

The gal's sister who loss 70 pounds got on the scale once a month. That sounds good.

I know my clothes are loser in wear now. My face my hubby and a friend said she noticed it thinner. That is nice.

I know your body will do what it wants. One gal wrote in a post I seen on another group while browsing but I did write a comment. It was a real good post. . She said. After your trip to the bathroom having your #2 Pardon the graphic here. You count that. She is right for me it is. Every little bit helps or will I say every bigger helps.

So I have weighed in once a week on Mondays I may consider to weigh in every month. Seeing what I just read about the gal who loss 70 pounds.

I started 183 before coming in here. Then went to 180. Then I was 177
last Monday. Today still 177.

So today is another day and I will proceed.

Have a good day all and a great night. Catch you later.

Call me Bee
We need all the short forms we can get. I do.

Last edited by beesparkle; 01-30-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Good Morning GG!

Today I am starting tracking my food and stats again. I have not been doing that since surgery in December. I have a little notebook where I record my BP, BS, daily weight, exercise minutes and food. Then I transfer the food and weight into Fitday once a week. I am pretty sure my weight has gone up with the way I've been carbing lately, but I already ate today so I will get weighed tomorrow morning and see how much damage I've done. Daily weighing works well for me. I don't get too upset over fluctuations and seeing the ups daily helps me keep my eating in line because I'm constantly trying to get back down. If I weigh weekly or monthly, I might not know that I'm going upward until I've gained several pounds. It effects us all differently.

Karen3 - I agree with your synopsis of this group. It is the best group I have ever run into on the web, and I have participated in many. The thing I like best is there is no fighting and namecalling. I have run into that in several past groups and it's very disheartening. We all get along so well here.

I bought a bra at Kmart a year or so ago and I really liked it. When I went back to get more they didn't have anymore, but they had one similar so I bought the only one they had in my size. That is the one that is now discontinued. I saw an ad in the paper that they have their bras on sale again this week so I will go there and see what else they have. I have been to Kohls, Target, and Sears and tried on several at each place but none are as comfortable. The one I like is underwire, the bottom of the cup is the bottom of the bra....no band at the bottom. I am surprised that you can't wear underwires after heart surgery, as I have no problem with that. The Playtex seem to hold up well for a lower priced bra. I have bought some cheap ones that the underwire starts to come out after several washings. Ouch!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #119  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Good morning, everybody! What a weekend! DS & his lovely bride moved into their new home on Saturday, and everybody has been involved in one way or another – either helping with the physical move, watching the babies (me) while others helped with the physical move, cooking for the tired but happy crew (me) and helping to unpack at the new house (all of us at one point or another). That, plus dh & I had to run out and do some grocery shopping on Sunday morning in between it all – and, thanks to some sniffly, cold-coming-down-with twins who gave me some sloppy (but fabulous) kisses goodbye, I am here in the office fighting a cold myself this morning. And, I need to fight pretty hard since I have to drive up to Vermont (4 hours) on Thursday for meetings for my consulting gig and don’t want to be sick when I do it. I’ve been drinking down Airborne tabs, sipping green tea and took a dose of DayQuil this morning. I slept kind of erratically last night – kept waking up with a scratchy throat and runny nose. Were those kisses worth it? You betcha! I’m going to buy some Nyquil to take tonight – that usually lets me sleep through the night even with the worst cold, so hopefully with some good restful sleep, tea and medicine, I’ll be pretty close to 100% for the trip on Thursday.

As per usual, I have dropped way behind with posting again…it seems like I’m always so busy at home on the weekends, and I hardly have a minute to myself until I’m back in my office on Monday mornings! I usually check in, though, and read everybody else’s posts, so I’m not totally out of the loop once I DO get back to post something myself.

Lynn, I actually thought that little story that you and CaddyK both posted was amusing enough to read twice…Amusing, but, crap! Could that be one of us in another few years? Sounded like early onset Alzheimers to me. I’m hoping that the fact that I have to use my brain pretty regularly – which is what the experts seem to be recommending – will be enough to avoid that. Actually, I think all of us GG’s are pretty mentally active, right?

Gayle, I have my work week routine – eating, that is – down to a science. Weekends, not so much. I guess you and I are in the same boat, needing to figure out how to handle our off time.

CaddyK, I think it’s really nice the way you and Tim look after your elder relatives. You are such caring people. I don’t have any elder relatives. Isn’t that odd? My parents were in their 40’s when I was born, and their brothers and sisters have all passed on with them. I have some older cousins, but none who live anywhere nearby, and they all have families – their children and grandchildren – who evidently look after them. Oh….my sister, of course, is 14 years or so older than me, so she qualifies as an elder in my immediate family, but she lives so far away that I only see her a few times a year.

Ooooh, good luck on the ongoing pool tourneys, Rie….I didn’t realize that there was prize money involved! Have you found a new comfort zone yet with all the changes in body shape and size? What is Patron Silver?

Rosey, that recipe for high protein ice cream (with that awesome PB2!) sounded so yummy that I’m now thinking I maybe should get myself an ice cream maker… I hope Steve is feeling a little better today.

Omigosh, K3….I’m glad you were able to locate another source for Dash’s medicine! How awful if he’d had to go without it! I’m wondering if your little seafood restaurant in Rosemont is as good as the seafood joints we have along the coasts here in new England…I know that the seafood in Cali isn’t nearly as good. Didn’t you like in New Jersey at one point? (Maybe I’m wrong, here). But if you did, then you’ve probably had a New England shore dinner at one time or another. How do you think they compare?

Isabella, try as I do, I have never been able to completely eliminate potatoes from my diet. Over the past several years, tho, we’ve begun eating more sweet potatoes than white potatoes, and I just LOVE sweet potato fries! Plain ole’ baked is fine with me, though.

Bobbi, I’ve found that besides the original Fiber One, I will eat too much of the others – and subsequently negate whatever benefit I may have gained from the extra fiber. So I stick to the original, too. There are a million ways to eat it, after all. I use it to make a high fiber apple crisp, and it’s really, really yummy and SO much healthier than the traditional version.

Omigosh, Chris….decorating cakes would have me breaking the scales for sure! I have SUCH a sweet tooth, and don’t bring many sweets into the house because I practically inhale them.

Carol Sue and Deelee….ditto here with the darned disappearing bras! Are we so unusually shaped that a bra that fits us won’t sell to the rest of the population?

Lucinda, I agree with your sister about only weighing once a month….it seems to me that there are too many fluctuations on a day-to-day basis because of fluid retention – or not – and a whole variety of other factors. But there are those here who swear by weighing daily, so I guess it’s just an individual preference.

Good for you, Bee, on changing your eating habits for the better. That’s not an easy thing to do – and stick to.

Oh, Isabella, It would do me no good at all to have a server whisk the food away as soon as the meal is over….I do all of my picking and tasting before it’s even served!

Mary, I hate how easy it is to GAIN weight, and how difficult it is to lose! It just seems so grossly unfair!

What’s up, PT? Busy weekend? Where you be? Oh, yes about the vacay & sick time. I was out *sick* for two days the week before last, and have two vacay days this week and three the week after next. Of course, most of the vacay days – well, 3 out of 5, anyway – I will be working at my consulting gig, but that’s better than my regular job by a long shot!

Jenye – be sure to report back in on your appointment with the doctor, okay?

Marie & Rie – I have a feeling that a few of these so-called “geniuses” at work are on their way out. Scuttlebut has it that their reviews were less that glowing. I’m glad that these things have a way of working themselves out, but I wish it could be worked out with less stress on those around them.

G’morning, Freda!

Later, Gators! Happy Monday!

Z
Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #120  

So good morning again! Another beautiful day here in MO!! It is already 57 degrees and that just is alright with me for the last few days of January!!! I haven't got much done today... I was lazy and slept in. I do need to get busy and get some stuff done though.

The other day I bought a floor lamp to put over by keyboard so I have better lighting over there. Now when there is a show on TV that Tim wants to see but I don't-- I can plug in my headphones and be able to see the music and play. Or at least try!! LOL!!

That little story I posted I got in an email that I thought was cute-- and it would be cute to post here. Lynn, I'm sure you pretty much did the same. I thought it was funny. It wasn't pointed at anyone.

Lucinda, I am trying to figure out what you were talking about. I'm not from New York--

Well, need to get busy or the day will be completely gone before I get started. I hope everyone has a really good day!
Closed Thread