3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~January Golden Girls 2nd thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/251419-%7E%7Ejanuary-golden-girls-2nd-thread.html)

glynne 01-26-2012 06:10 PM

Good afternoon GG’s,

Taking a break from working on that room. It is a tedious process. Who oh why did I hang onto all these little pieces of stuff? I guess maybe I am at heart one of those “green” people. I see things and think ~ surely there must be a use for that. But it is clogging up my house. One thought that came to me today ~ maybe I can get rid of some of the pamphlets and stuff like that ~ I can probably find most anything now-a-days on the internet. The hard stuff is the momentos. Corbin’s band concert programs and things like that ~ but realistically ~ how often am I gonna look at that stuff.

Bobbi ~ the stuff in the bags is the parts of a project to be done, or the parts of one that is started and not finished. The boxes you mentioned would be nice, but DH is happier if I can find a way to do something without having to buy more stuff. This works for me ~ and takes up less room than the the type of boxes you have. Regarding DH and DS ~ DH doesn’t care what anyone thinks ~ so trying to reason with him from that angle would go no where.

Isabella ~ you’re right ~ DH and DS sitting down with a counselor will never happen. DS would probably do it ~ DH is impossible. We were at Cracker Barrel one time and saw a little plaque that said “Be nice to your kids ~ they will be choosing your nursing home” Needless to say ~ DH didn’t find that at all funny.

Dad turned American Idol on again for Mom last night. I haven’t even had to call and remind mom. I don’t know what has happened, but I am thankful for it.

Beesparkle ~ welcome. Your age doesn’t matter. Pull up a chair and join right in. Look forward to getting to know you.

Sorry I haven’t commented to everyone. Gotta get back to work.

Be back later.

Karen3 01-26-2012 06:59 PM

Holy Cow....I stopped in this morning and come back to 2 more pages! No report about the echo...no news is good news....RIGHT!

It is like late Spring down here. Finally found out Colorado friends are still on the East coast of Fl for another week. So no company for about 2 weeks...i hope.

Lynn...you have me so worried. You have been going nonstop forever....between classes,lecturing kids, travel and training. Am not surprised your body is screaming HALT. You worry about everybodyelse and take care of them, but now it's Lynn time. You need to stay home and quietly plan out a fews days meals and cook for Lynn. Plan things you know satisfy the inner man. Practice hugging a cat or at least scratching a cat's ears. We are kids at heart and revert back when ever we let our guard down so craving junk stuff is easy....Solution....since we kinda know where you live and I still have loads of pals in that area, we are getting up a posse of duputy GG thinkalikes that should be galloping into the parking lot with black trash bags to grab the junk...they will do no harm but you may want to lock up the cats.
If you hear something like who is that masked man ...just smile. It's me Tonto!

Gayle.....forget it. You can not even attempt to be a buffer between those 2.
Take from me tried that it doesn't work. It is strictly a male thing. You end up feeling terrible and mad and helpless and then the mouth opens and you try to feed the guilt.....So just walk away sweetie....they have to change themselves.

Welcome to the newbies....jump in we're cooking!

Think I'll change my name to Big Mama and use Donna's cattle probe to get you straight...hear'now......k3

ellabella 01-26-2012 07:25 PM

<sigh> Maybe after I retire, I won't keep getting lost behind all the postings. We sure have become a busy group here lately. I'm going to take this opportunity, though, to complain and whine about the people at work. There have been some changes in administration, and trust me, they are most definitely NOT changes for the better. The morale is so low around the place now that I really dread going into the office. Half of the admin. assistants spend a part of each day crying in the ladies room because one or other of the so-called "movers and shakers" has treated them like pond scum. I. Can't. Wait. To. Get. Out. Of. There. Period. Three more months. I can do it. I'm sure I can do it - so long as I don't up and call one of them one of the names they so richly deserve to be called in one of our meetings. It's getting harder and harder to deal with their arrogance, though. They tip-toe around me, but I'm betting they'll be glad to see the back end of me all the same. I was going to give them a couple month's notice so that they'd have time to do a search to fill my position, but now I've decided I'll give them the month's notice required in the employee manual and not a day sooner. GRRRRRR. I've been coming home in such foul moods that I can barely tolerate my own self. :mad:

Okay enough kvetching.

I've missed so darned much here! But, honestly, as you can see above, I have not been fit company for man nor beast.

Gayle, yes, I have saved all that sort of sentimental stuff, and you're right...when are we ever going to look at it? I should do a clean sweep, as well. As for your DH, I'd give him one swift kick, I swear....grrrrrrrrr.

Bobbi, you are about the farthest person from Miss Piggy that I know! You might nibble at some macaroni & cheese (fat-free cheese, of course) but what you eat on a typical day wouldn't fill my little toe! Enjoy your mac & cheese, girl! As for the chia seeds... I guess I just got sick of bothering with them. They didn't seem to be doing me much good that I could see.

PT, tired and whiney.....guess you're talkin' 'bout ME, huh? They don't call us PT's for nothing!

Welcome, Bee and Daylily ...we're glad to have you!

CaddyK, that video is enough to send me out with a shotgun, I swear! What is WRONG with these nasty little kids these days, anyway?

DeeLee, my nighttime snacks all consist of 2 tbs of PB2 now - 45 calories, and OH, so yummy and satisfying! I've been having it on celery, but last night I splurged a little and had it with apple slices. Soooo good, and still well within my calorie count for the day!

Marie, you are spot on about the allergies and not relying on allergy meds to let you eat stuff that you're allergic to. Absolutely WAY too risky! I'm glad you gave that bit of advice - it could help avoid some really serious outcomes.

Isabella, I sure hope that when I am a bit more aged, there is a wise dil or one of my own kids figures it out - and I get *handled* as nicely as you handle your mom-in-law. And I bet she loves you dearly! "innocent as a dove, wise as a serpent", indeed!

Hope you're enjoying your board retreat, tonight, Rie...sounds like you can use a little relaxation right about now.

OMG, Freda! The dreaded Mammo!!!!! Didn't somebody suggest that if men had to submit to flattening like that on...well, on ANOTHER rather sensitive part of THEIR anatomy, they would be working real hard to find another way to do the screenings?

Lynn, I hope you check out what Marie said....it sure sounds odd that you would keep getting UTIs, and can't shake them. Maybe it IS something else, after all. I know having that kind of thing bothering you all the time must be awfully depressing, and I suspect that's part of the reason why you haven't been attentive about your eating and exercising. Isabella's advice was good, as well....focus on getting your health issues taken care of and worry about the weight after that. You know we love you - now take care and get yourself well, you hear?

Lucinda, oh, MY....that malware business is scary! Would you have to cancel out your cards and get new ones issued just like if they were physically stolen?

I'm glad the hubby is getting a bit more communicative, Rosey. I figured he would. Steve's a good fella except when he's hurting, I think.

Mary, sleeping late....sounds heavenly. If I can't do it, I'm glad that at least a few of us can. My time is coming......YAY.

Carol Sue...I'm at that point where my birthday celebrations are more for the family than for me, too. I'd just as soon try not to notice them myself. The grandkids do make it fun, though, don't they? I hope you're on the mend...are you feeling better?

Okay, over and out for another day. Take care, y'all!!!

Z

jess1 01-26-2012 07:32 PM

PT/Zoe - remember that you do have vacation and sick time accumulated if it gets too bad before you can retire!! How DARE the PowersThatBe treat their "underlings" that way? It just infuriates me that bullying isn't just a product of the schools. Come the revolution.............!

Ashenpond 01-26-2012 07:54 PM

You girls are a real support to me. With regard to my my eyes - the muscles that are above the eyebrows cause my eyes to shut tight and it takes ages to get them open again - I am noticing that it is longer now and then when they open all is hazy, images, people, words etc. I have spoken with my son and we are in agreement for me to see the neuro=opthamologist so I will go ahead and make the appointment.

Today the weather is warm 27 degrees C. and so I am just going to listen to an audio book that I have - it is the only way that I can get any reading done. We had a holiday yesterday for Australia Day.

Although it is only 3 days of healthy eating I seem to have got my eating back under control. I look at all your menu's and wonder how you can exest on under 1000 calories - I am having at least 1200 a day - and 27 points - I am following a WW program.

Well girls until later - I am going to try and workout how I can answer each person individually and how to get color and different fonts in my post. Any help would sure be appreciated.

:hug: Jenye.

Karen31 01-26-2012 07:58 PM

Hello everyone, Gosh, I may never get caught up again. But I have read everyones posts and Welcome to all the newbies!!!

Lynn, sounds like you need to start thinking of you and give yourself a breather. Sometimes we have to learn how to put "NO" back in our vocabulary. Take care of you.

Zoe, you can't let them get to you now!! Like jess says, use up some of that vacation and sick days and then when you are there on the last day, you can BLAST them with all you have stored up for them!! Now wouldn't that be more fun?? You can even start writing a little speech for them all on your last day.

Jess, this little girl is my cousins daughter. They are living in Hawaill right now. And like Freda was saying there may be some jealousy among them. This is a response I wrote to that question. I am just so glad that I don't have any young kids growing up now in these schools. I know I would find myself in trouble...

"Maybe some jealousy for sure--- She was Miss Preteen Alaska when she lived there. She is now Miss preteen Milani Hawaii, where they are living now, has just signed a contract with a modeling agency, has been in several pageants and sang the National Anthem at several of the games in Alaska. I didn't say all that to brag-- I haven't seen her since she was tiny, and she may have an attitude too. But dog gone it no one needs to be treated like that.. I really hope her Mom does something and being military over there you think she would have some more options. I don't know."

They didn't do much to me at the dentist today, x-rays and just an exam. I will be going back next month to have root planeing and scaling--- not looking forward to that. But they didn't see a lot of anything that needed to be done as far as cavities or anything. I do have two pieces of "root tips" that are working their way out from teeth that were pulled. One is already peeking through the gums so they will get that easy when they do the cleaning. The other one is going to be a little more difficult to get to. But guess I can't complain.

Well, better get busy and finish cleaning up the kitchen, and have clothes in the dryer that are going to be calling my name any minute!!

Have a Great Night!

Karen31 01-26-2012 08:09 PM

Jenye, one way we do things is to open up like Microsoft works/word and then answer all the posts in that program and then copy and paste it into this thread.. It isn't cheating-- we all do it. we could never keep everyone straigh all the time.

Ashenpond 01-26-2012 08:42 PM

Thanks Karen, my foggy mind is now remembering.

Now the different colors.

:hug: Jenye.

Karen31 01-26-2012 08:45 PM

If you click on the A that is underlined at the top of the message window where you write your post you can change colors

akrosey49 01-26-2012 09:01 PM

Hi everyone.sheesh its cold out again and as we were driving into town i wished i had my camera so u could see how high the snow banks are. we went to see a nutrionest and it sure explained alot. my dh is the 2% of folks who have trouble after a gall bladder surg who cant tolerate any fat,and to find out what his trigger foods are he is to experiment with things like moose meat and eat only that for 1 day with no seasonings and only a vegie and water. if he has a reaction then it goes on the dont eat list she said to do this with milk products meats and carbs. then we will have abetter judge of what hes allergic too. we are to keep a journal for 1 month and then go back.she said its the only true way of figuring it out. thats its a pain but using the body to tell you what not to eat. made sense to me. dh is in abetter mood,but when hes sick hes a beast but i know he's agood guy.lynn im so sry you are feeling discouraged would a :hug: help? tomorrow dh is going to anch with a former co-worker to see their other co-worker that had open heart surg,they all worked together and retired about the same time. they all have cabins near each other and love to hunt. anyways im looking forward to a day alone.i try and be a good wife but at times i just need a little me time:D im so excited to say that my youngest dd and family are moving back to alaska. i have not seen her in 2 yrs and was heartbroken when they moved. my dd hated the move and where they were at but followed what her dh wanted. anyways they have struggeled to make it and came to the realization that it wasnt working. so they are coming home who says prayers arnt answered as mine was. they leave oregon in mid march.i can hardly wait :cp: well here i am rambling as you all are so easy to chat with.have an awsome evening rosey :wave:

breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt 1/4 c kashi cereal

lunch
2 pieces turkey bacon,1 egg
1/2 banana

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
slice turkey
green salad

Ashenpond 01-26-2012 11:03 PM

HELLO

Ashenpond 01-26-2012 11:07 PM

Helen

Daylily 01-27-2012 09:08 AM

Good morning,everyone.It is snowning today,but I shouldn't complain as we have had a very open winter so far. And the fresh snow does make everything pretty.
I am not a very chatty person. But I am a good listener! I am enjoying being here so much.
Retiredone... I have Newfoundland roots. My grandparents were from Newfoundland (on my dad's side). I have the history of where they lived and so forth tucked away somewhere in my files.
Ashenpond.... I see that you are new too. Welcome aboard.
akrosey...So happy for you that your DD and family are moving back home. Such joy that brings you.
Karen....Have been praying for your cousin's daughter.This kind of abuse is so wide spread and something really needs to be done!
Well,girls, I must go get some things done.
Have a great and joyfilled day.
Chris

beesparkle 01-27-2012 09:16 AM

My husband's friend has a friend who is a retired butcher and he made us all sausage meat with no fillers in it or junk to cause us to gain weight. So we all got 8 pkgs to take home about 6 weeks ago. So we all use the susage meat in spagetti caseroles or make hamburgers or meat loaves. I have had it as a placement of hamburg meat and had it as a hamburg with a bun for supper at night with a salad on the side. Matter of fact I am having it to-night. I do not need relish on it or anything really to add. The flavor it's self is delicious. He made mild spicy taste and regular so we mix the meat together to get the yummy taste. Sometimmes we bake it as a meat load. Cut it up in baggies in slices. Freeze it for quick supper portions one night. It never has caused me to gain weight. Just sharing here.
Bee

It is 4 points. The bun is like 4 points as it is like 2 bread. Then I have fruit and home made Vanilla pudding 3 points with skim milk 2 to make the pudding with.
Strawberries on top. Yummie.

This is re to Bobbolink referring to her post in # 3 post. Where she mentioned she was Miss Piggy because of the Cheese and Mac.

beesparkle 01-27-2012 09:28 AM

Karen that is a good idea. Good to know. About doing it into Microsoft word.

Thanks.