3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~January Golden Girls 2nd thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/251419-%7E%7Ejanuary-golden-girls-2nd-thread.html)

Karen31 01-25-2012 06:56 PM

I have the video on my facebook too. My cousins daughter is being bullied at school and these girls even hacked into her facebook and gmail account and said a lot of nasty things. They reported it to the school but the school hasn't really done anything. It really is pretty sad. I don't know why it won't post the right link here on this thread. The video is My Story-- Words Hurt.

retiredone 01-25-2012 07:23 PM

Karen31, I did eventually see the video on my facebook page. Kids can be so mean.

Carol Sue, how old is your grandson? He sounds so sweet. Glad you had an enjoyable family birthday.

Karen3, how long will you have to wait for your echo test results? My friend has to have one next month.

Marie, it's warm here, too, today. The bay is even breaking up near the shore. Tomorrow promises to freeze it up again.

Jeyne, a good friend of mine suffers with MS. She has alot of pain in the nerve endings. I hope the doctor can help with your eyes.

Gayle, very funny Charlene cartoon. I think we can all identify with that.

Hi Bobbi, we were posting the same time.

Here are my eats and exercise today.

Quote:

Breakfast: 1 slice Carrot and Onion quiche, 1 small slice ww bread, 1 teaspoon almond butter, 1 tablespoon applesauce, 1/2 smoothie

Dinner: 1 small quesadilla on homemade ww tortilla (cheddar cheese, veggie chicken, black beans, onion, green pepper, salsa), 1 tablespoon low fat sour cream, 1 corn-on-the-cob, shredded lettuce

Supper: 1 slice Carrot and Onion quiche, 1 bite granola bar, 2 handfuls potato chips, 1 bite date square

Exercise: 11:45 km on exercise bike, 42 minutes

deelee10 01-25-2012 07:31 PM

happy birthday to Rie and Carol Sue!
Carol Sue, your story about your sweet grandson made me smile. I still have my 26 year old dear son's blanky.
Hi to everyone else. I am craving the bad stuff like crazy...I've been having some too...Not today yet. WHAT the heck is WRONG with me? - I was doing so well...I'm kind of soothing myself with it. I know I need to find another way to comfort my self. Bubble baths, scented candles, yada, yada, yada. It just doesn't do it for me. The worst time is right before I go to sleep. What do you ladies do? Well, have to go play bridge. I have to make sure to not stop at the drugstore that I drive right past on the way home and pick up any contraband. Maybe I'll try a glass of wine. Less damaging than my preferred contraband. Hope everyone is well.

glynne 01-25-2012 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good evening GG’s,

Well, done with working on the room for today. I got a late start, so haven’t gotten as much done yet as I had hoped, but it is a start.

Jason was here last evening and we visited and watched some TV. He then was using my computer to make an e-mail (says his is slow). So, I was up later than usual visiting him, then tired this morning. The dreary weather didn’t help make me get very productive. I do much better when the sun is shining.

Since I was already late getting going on the room, I caught up with some friends via phone. That is important too.

I think DH is avoiding me. I do acutally want to growl and chew him out. 6:55 pm and he just got home from watching Maddie. He is usually here earlier than that. Jason was here last night ~ DH and DS don’t get along, or should I say ~ DH is the one who can’t get along. He causes such sadness and hurt to Jason and me because of it. Jason was working on a letter on the computer ~ he knew it would take him a while and that I would probably go off to bed before he was done, so he asked if it was ok for him to hang out even after I had gone to bed. I said it was ok with me. He asked me if I would talk to his dad to tell him. So, when I went to bed I told DH that Jason was still here, working on a letter and planned to go home when he was done and to please just leave him alone. DH said ok. I woke up at 5 and had to go to the bathroom. Jason was still working on this letter. I went back to bed. Jason woke me at 6 and said it had taken him longer than he had thought and would it be ok if he slept on the couch. Ok with me. Well, DH woke up before me and found Jason still here and threw a fit ~ made him get up and leave. Jason said it made him feel really bad. The Jerk. I don’t understand what the problem is. I have asked before and I can’t remember what the answer was, except that it makes sense to him, but makes absolutely no sense to me. You would think I had let some scummy awful person in or something. Jason is a nice person, hard working, has held the job he has, going on 10 years. That is not a bad person. He doesn’t spend his money like his dad thinks he should, but he is an adult. Sara doesn’t spend her money like DH thinks she should either, but he doesn’t treat her like that. He has always played favorites with the kids and I guess he is never going to change. Sad ~ all the hurt he causes.
My supper adventure ~ I made a sandwich ~ ham and cheese on wheat bread with a little smear of horse radish sauce. When I visited my daughter Jennifer ~ she had made something to eat and used some horse radish sauce and it was delicious. My dad used to eat it when we were kids, and I didn’t like it, but thought that since Jen had made such a tasty dish with it, that it might taste good on a sandwich and be a nice change. I was telling my mom about it and she warned me that she thought I would find it too strong. I assured her that it was different than the stuff that dad used to use (his was some kind of shredded up stuff) and would be ok. I should have listened to Mom ~ LOL. Now I have a bottle (small) of the stuff that I will probably never use again unless my son-in-law (who likes hot stuff) wants it. If I lived near Dad, I’d give it to him.

In the closet in my sewing room, I used boxes and made kind of like cubby holes to put my various projects and supplies in. There were all these bags with stuff, and every time I wanted something I had to look in several bags before I would find what I was looking for, so today, I went through the bags and tagged them with what was inside, so when searching for a thing it will hopefully be a little easier to find. See picture below ~ it probably looks kind of messy right then, but you get the idea.

Hopefully I will get to bed earlier tonight and get an earlier start on that room tomorrow. Thank you for listening.

Hope you all have a nice evening.

Take care

ladyinweighting 01-25-2012 09:04 PM

RIE

http://caccioppoli.com/Animated%20gi...appy)/0129.gif http://caccioppoli.com/Animated%20gi...appy)/0119.gif

I WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Lynn

ladyinweighting 01-25-2012 09:09 PM

CAROL SUE

http://caccioppoli.com/Animated%20gi...appy)/0115.gif http://caccioppoli.com/Animated%20gi...appy)/0125.gif

HAVE A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

lYNN

glynne 01-25-2012 09:57 PM

Wow Lynn ~ those are awesome :)

maryea 01-25-2012 11:15 PM

Happy Birthday, Rie!!! ;)

Today seemed like a really good but fast day as I got up late again...I took some pain meds last night which helped me sleep. Dh got up really early to go to his men's breakfast then came back and slept in his recliner in the family room so the house was very quiet and still dark so I slept until almost ten. Then I got a couple phone calls and a text so that got me wide away finally. :D I did some laundry and got a hair cut today...not much else. That was my first haircut in about four months I think..something like that..and I didn't get it cut really short as I usually do. It's about bottom of ear length in front and an inch or so longer in back. It had gotten pretty long and wild looking, LOL so feels much better now. As it grows it gets real wavy and I miss that when it's short but short is easier to care for.

Ashenpond - This year my dh has had a problem with keeping one eye open. The doctor says he had a stroke in the eye (not in brain) and that it should heal in time. Wonder if you could have something like that although having it in both eyes makes me think it's likely something different. We had hoped it would be totally healed by now (started in Aug with double vision then by about Sept it had progressed to the lid closing on him), but while we are very thankful it is much better it is not quite back to normal and causes him to become very tired at times as it can become a strain trying to keep it open esp when doing closeup work. I'm repeating myself here as most people here know about all this but you are new. Hopefully your problem is something that will correct itself quickly.

CarolAnne - it's your birthday too I see...Happy Birthday!! to you too! :D

akrosey49 01-26-2012 12:18 AM

Hi Happy Birthday to Rei and Carol sue :cheer2::bday2you::cheer2: hope your day was as speacial as you both are. i spent the day in 3 diff stores reading labels and shopping for things that my dh can eat. i miss using our game meat. boy have prices gone up for meats in our stores. he had his 1st physical therapy apt today and now hes sore. we had anice talk about how he was feeling last nite. ive been there so can relate but sometimes you just have to get on with it right. glynne im so sry for the conflict with your dh and son that stinks :hug: rosey :wave:

breakfast
coffee

lunch
kasci cereal,few almonds
1/2 c grapes

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
2 slices trukey bacon
1 egg
1/2 of a lite ww sandwhich thin with spray butter and sf jam

Riemontana 01-26-2012 02:15 AM

Hello Goldens!

I jsut want to say thank you for all the birthday wishes. I am thankful to be a part of this wonderful group. I had a really lovely day filled with work, family and friends.

Gayle, I am sorry about your dh. Some folks just get locked into a place and they can be so stubborn. Your dh and son are responsible for their own feelings and actions, but I am sorry that it hurts you.

Well, I just don't have energy for posting more tonight. Another busy day tomorrow. Hugs to all

Rie

lucindaarrowspark 01-26-2012 06:20 AM

Ashenpond.. do you mean you can't physically keep your eyes open, like they weigh a ton or that you are inexplicably tired? Which ever it is I hope the doctors can help you.
My computer decided to creep out on me and I had the darnedest time trying to start her this morning. I think I allowed malware into her.... so if my credit cards start zeroing out on me, I'll know why.
Marie.. I went to check out you blog posts but there were no recent updates!
I'll be busy cooking up a storm today of food I can not eat. Will not eat. But if I don't cook for my family members they will "vote me off the island"
It's a quote from a reality tv show.
I wish all my fellow golden girls health and strength and I will keep your wishes for recovery in my prayers.

ladyinweighting 01-26-2012 09:11 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Welcome, Lucinda.

To all my GG DF's,

I am in trouble and need some of your wonderful motivational comments.

I have not been planning/shopping/cooking as I need to do to stay on track.

I have been bringing trigger foods (sweets) into the house that I know I will binge on.

I have not been doing my regular gym workouts.

I am gaining weight -duh!

There are only 2 things I can think of - 1 is the UTI symptoms that just will not go away - the other is not checking in here on a regular basis.

I see the Urologist tomorrow - maybe he can help.

Will check back later,

Lynn

glynne 01-26-2012 09:15 AM

Hang in there Lynn ~ sending hugs and positive thoughts your way ~ feel better.

the slim me 01-26-2012 09:20 AM

:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you::bday2you: Hope you had the best Birthday ever Rie!!!

the slim me 01-26-2012 09:21 AM

:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you::bday2you: Happy Birthday Carol Sue. Hope it was filled with fun!