Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Bobbi - one container dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt, 2tbs part skim ricotta cheese, 1tbs sf choc syrup, 1tbs sf choc pudding mix. Mix completely and then let it sit for a while. It gets thick like chocolate cheesecake. Livestrong says 156 calories, 19 carbs. You could use any yogurt but you might need to add sweetener without the vanilla flavor.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #32  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks Rie, I just went back and looked at the recipe. Unfortunately I don't have ricotta cheese. Maybe I can use ff cream cheese instead, I'll mess around with your recipe and see what I come up with.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!! Well, I have made the first step to get back to the Wii!! I deleted all my past user data and am starting from scratch!! I thought it had been longer since I had used it but it said "Is that Karen? It has been 44 days since you were last here!" Anyway, I will change my ticker and start yet once again!! I weighed 179.77 so my ticker will show 180 today.... when I go change it.

Lynn, the vent free logs are gas logs. And there is no smoke and no mess!! We have put gas fireplaces in two homes and it is very nice!

OK--I know I need to get set down and do personals but that will have to wait until later.. Got to get some breakfast now and then do the wii workout!

Have a great day!!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Lynn...please post your dessert also.
Hi Bobbi,

Not much of a recipe - just 1 container of lo-fat, lo-sugar vanilla yogurt; 1 container of SF/FF chocolate pudding; some sweetner; and a tablespoon of peanutbutter.

Mix it all together & enjoy!

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-02-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #35  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Mary, my DH can fix nearly anything. One of his bosses once said to me that he has “black magic” when it comes to fixing things (BTW we’re taking about F-15s here). On certain repairs the military engineers only allow a repair if DH is going to do it. I love that I don’t pay for repairs of anything. Our DHs sound a lot alike.

Lyn, your day at the beach (in January no less) sounds awesome. I love walking through cemetaries too. Reading the markers always makes me feel grounded and I also imagine what their lives had been like.

Gayle, I think that the cleanliness is why other than keeping my house neat, I stopped with the deep cleaning of my home. I figure I could be a slave and to what end? My dogs don’t care if it is dusted.

Lynn, I love the image of your kitties helping you knit. What if you gave them their own ball of yarn while you knit? I take your kitties are Harry Potter spin-offs. My whole family loves HP but I’ve never watched/read any of them. And yes, the Packers did win. They get to sit out the first week of the playoffs so I don’t need my packer cheering outfit for two weeks.

Chickadee, I hope you’re feeling somewhat better today. My friend that suffers from Migraines has after effects for a couple days after. Hopefully you’ll only get one for the year and now you’re done with it.

Carol Sue, and I hope you start feeling better. I totally agree with house buyers that demand the moon should just be building a house to start with.

Bobbi, great job on the weight loss. You’ll be back where you want to be in no time.

KarenMO, great job getting your Wii back into action and facing the scale. That is never fun after a time away.

My last day of vacation. I’m not crying yet so that is good. I’ve already been online shopping. I needed one more accessory for my PS3 Zumba workout. I was googling calories burned for it and got side tracked on Zumba info in general. Clearly the biggest comment was to not use running shoes for Zumba because the bottom of a running shoe flares out and that is bad for knees when doing lateral movements. I have a bad knee so I took the info to heart and bought some dance shoes. I mean, me and dance shoes??? Wow. I even paid for two day shipping so I will only use the running shoes for another two days.

So this story if furbaby lovers – anyone else might want to skip this. This morning my beloved Kai (the non-morning eater with low blood sugar) ate without fuss. It was awesome. So then DH and I are getting our bagel thins ready for breakfast. He put his in the toaster and mine on the counter next to it. He grabs his from the toaster when it was done and I start looking everywhere for mine. He said he put it by the toaster. I look and no bagel. “Where’s Kai?” I ask since she’s my counter thief. Dave says, “You mean the dog on her dog bed chomping away on your bagel?” I started laughing and by the time she finished getting the chewy stuff out of her mouth, I had tears rolling down my cheeks. How could I ever get mad at her. She brings me such delight. BTW, the other three thought they should have a bagel too but I refrained as I didn’t have that many left.
Marie
Old 01-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #36  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi everyone. I'm sick--some stomach bug or a very bad case of indigestion. I knew something was brewing all day Saturday and I wasn't feeling very good at my party Saturday night. I was up several times running to the bathroom, early Sunday morning and have been flat on my back since yesterday. This is really the first time I've been up and we've got a family supper at MILs tonight. Ugg. I've got to make an appearance and would like to, actually. Hope I'm up to it. I'll be back to post more. Have a good day.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #37  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I have a Stevia dessert cookbook with some good recipes, not all low calorie. I think it's more for diabetics, not weight loss. I made the following but excluded the heavy cream. Instead I made some homemade cool whip using dry skim milk and folded that in instead of the cream. I put it into 6 individual containers, no crust to save on calories. I also used PB2 peanut butter, my version is only 72 calories per container. Hope you can read this, I scanned the page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peanut butter pudding (631x640).jpg (45.0 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-02-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #38  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Dear GGs
Took down the decorations and went to the gym. Did 30 minutes on the stationary bike – as my heel hurts and I can’t walk on it very well. I looked up heel pain and it sounds like planter fasciitis. Anyone else ever have this?
Karen – We may need to look into a gas fireplace..ours does not seem to draw very well and sets off the smoke alarm! Good for you getting back to your Wii…mine has been dormant for about 8 months now
Gayle –Sounds like you enjoyed your last day off and areking forward to your organization days in Jan. Keep us posted on your projects.
Lynn – I am in Barnstable County. The cemetery was in East Dennis…lots of old sea captains and their families..some lived to very ripe old ages, but, yes so many children too. Sorry your First night was a bummer.
Chickadee – Sorry about your New years migraine. Glad it’s better today.
Carol Sue – that sounds painful. I’m sending healing thoughts your way.
Bobbi – your doing well with your eating…keep it up. Will be anxious to see you blue jean quilt. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 5 POUND LOSS!!!

Marie- Enjoy your last day off…and have fun Zumba-ing with your new dance shoes. Sorry the dog snatched your bagel!
Isabella – Get better soon, stomach flu is no fun!
Old 01-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #39  

Height: 5'3"

Finally got back to the gym! I kept it very light though...walked 15 min at 3.2 and biked 15 min at 5. My back began to hurt a little...not spasms just feels weak and a little achy. So I didn't push it...will try to slowly work back to doing more. We plan on shopping for tiles or something for the bathroom floor if we have the energy...seems like we are both tired.

Chickadee - Can you do the pencil test yourself? I tried it this am and I never see double! Is that a bad thing? Feel like I used to know this but don't any more. I have very poor eyesight, have been told I would be considered legally blind except my vision can be corrected with glasses/contacts. Up to a point at least...the doc says no more can be one with my close up vision, so I just take off my glasses and bring whatever I'm looking at up really close to see it. So guess it's better than not being able to correct my distance. My distance changed a little recently too but so far I haven't gotten new glasses. Just too much going on recently and I haven't gotten to it. It's not a big deal change...doc said just if I want.

ETA: Tried the pencil thing again and I do see a little double...right before my nose. ;-)

Last edited by maryea; 01-02-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #40  

Hi everyone.. its quiet around here and im loving it. my grs went home with his folks yesterday.i had such a good time with him. my dd and i went too 2 sessions of bingo new yrs eve. i won 25$. and had fun. its been a long time since this old lady stayed out that long. they had hats, and noise makers, snacks and sparkling cider. my dh left to go to wassilla to dd's house. she had asked her dad to make her a breakfast nook and table for her kitchen. he did and they picked it up but the measurement was 1/2 inch off on the bench and since hes a perfectionest he took his tools and is going to fix it. soooo i'mm alone except for the puppies. new year new start for all of us. congrats to us all for all our efforts in being healthier i like the idea of posting our foods. keeps me accountable. hoping your day is awsome rosey

breakfast,coffee,greek yogurt,1/4 c granola

lunch,turkey lunch meat roll ups( i slice turkey,1 slice cheese,one sweet banna pepper rolled up) 6 grapes,iced tea

supper,1/2 chix breast,green salad

pictures of the furniture my dh built,the table had wrought iron accents to match dd other furniture.there is another piece which L's off the bench but its not finished. he also made 4 chairs for the set. i'll try and get a picture of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 733.jpg (26.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 701.jpg (25.3 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 01-02-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

About connection problems -

I sent a message to 3FC about our problems. Below is the 3 FC reply -

Hi Lynn,

I'm very sorry, but I don't think there is a resolution to the problem
yet. There is a thread in the Help forum that the tech department has
been following, so they are aware the problem persists. Hopefully it
will be fixed very soon!

Suzanne
Old 01-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #42  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Lyn, I have plantar fasciitis and have for years. At first my podiatrist made me orthotics (I love them). Then they stopped helping about 2 years later. He began injecting my heels with steroids. While I was enduring that nastiness, I noticed he wore birkenstocks. So I decided if they were good enough for him, why not me. I’d say I bought my first pair over two years ago and have been nearly heel pain free. I do have occasional flare ups but they’re seldom and far apart. I now own a ridiculous amount of Birks and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. I have my orthotics in my hiking boots and my exercise shoes I have just good insoles for them. I can’t jog with the orthotics and I’m partial to the backless Birks. So my running shoes are as is. BTW, my sister has PF as well and finally after years of me preaching that she needed to try Birks, not a similar different brand, bought a pair of Birks. She now has as big of a collection as me and is pain free. BTW, she was a hospital RN on her feet constantly and is older than me. She’s now a PNP and working in an office so her feet are less abused now.

Mary, my eyes didn’t change to double either. And I have natural double vision when I’m tired and my eyes won’t work together (at night I have to close one eye to watch TV or I see two). Also, I was in that legally blind distance until Lasik. I love Lasik.

Rosey, my husband would never leave a ½” mistake alone either. It’s the perfectionist in them. Wonderful win at bingo and I’m glad you had a great celebration.

So sad, it’s time to put my portable fridge back in my Jeep to bring back to my office. I brought it home since we “lent” our 2nd fridge to son and DIL. Think I’ll get it or payment for it? Nuh, I never learn. Anyway, with the holidays, we needed a little more fridge space. It’s been off two days and ready to go back to my office. With that means I have to go back. So sad…
Marie
Old 01-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #43  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Goldens!

Wow, it sure doesn’t take long to get behind! Lots of chatting going on… as usual!

PT/Zoe – it’s shocking, isn’t it, to emotionally acknowledge our age? Sure, intellectually I know how old I am, but I look in the mirror and gasp… or I remember something that happened 50 YEARS AGO and gasp! I don’t feel much older than 12, inside… it’s this outside that’s going to caca. And there’s nothing old ladyish about crocheting. If so, I’ve been an old lady since I was 12 (maybe that’s why I’m stuck there??). Anyway, it keeps me off the streets and out of the bars, plus it’s cheaper than a shrink, so all of those are good things. And it’s nice to make purty thangs.

You and I said the same thing about Nancy’s SO (“sucky orifice”). I’d love to go to NC with you and just throttle him. And her, maybe, for letting him hang around and for wanting him back? Snarky is kind of a PT thing, I think.

The scalawag has been gone since August. I thought I had him, but he disappeared again, and the cops “can’t talk about it”. I think that means he ran off from them, and they’re embarrassed. Regardless, it’s my pocketbook that’s being hit. I’ve had to pay one time only in the 16 years I’ve been doing this, so this isn’t anything really to complain about… but I had money then and don’t now! Mostly, I knew and trusted the family… move valuable lessons learned.

Lyn – it was good to see you! How’s your daughter doing?

Chickadeee – thanks for the pencil pushes explanation. Have you noticed improvement? It does sound like you and I have very similar problems, and I’d love it if something this simple would work! I hope your migraine was short lived!

KarenFL – SamCat the Paragon was mortified that you thought he had teetled too much and was hungover! No, he’s just old and has a delicate digestive system. I have to be very careful to keep as much as possible to the same flavors for him; otherwise, he eats too much because it’s so delicious… and then he pukes. It also gives him either diarrhea or constipation if he eats different things. He’s such a delicate flower! TMI?

I’m so sorry you have a staph infection, to top everything! I’ll bet you feel that you’ll never be well again! Your tendons haven’t popped and fallen off, have they?

Lynn – do you have a cat sitter when you go away? Have you tried putting your yarn balls in a plastic bag? It tends to keep the CuriousCats away. “Gorking” means lazing around.

Rie – how are you feeling? I like Duane Lee, too (but I couldn’t think of his name before… he’s not quite as cute as Leland, but he looks like he’s a very NICE fellow!). You know that I know Dog and Beth? She’s every bit as mouthy, foul and piggish as she’s portrayed; he spends a lot of time putting out fires and apologizing for her. He’s a very nice person, actually; however, I agree that dipping him in Clorox and cutting his hair would improve his appearance!

Marie – no, to a kitty, every ball of yarn is his/her ball of yarn. They just don’t get the concept of “yours and mine”! Sweet Kai! SamCat sends his love.

Isabella – feel better soon!

Rosey – hola!! DH did a good job. I'm looking forward to the chairs pictures.

I’ve been way too busy these three days off. I did domestic drudgery (eeek!)…. changed the bed, spiffed the toitie (cleaned the toilet), dishes, laundry, finished all the paperwork and am ready to do taxes soon, grocery shopped, blah, blah, blah, and blah…. I’m ready to go to work tomorrow. They’re a lot easier on me!

Sounds like you’re all doing well! Keep up all those resolutions! Onward!

Last edited by jess1; 01-02-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #44  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Marie, Thanks. I will check out the birks
Old 01-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #45  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Marie I have plantar fasciitis also and have been in great pain the last 6 months. I can't get out and walk and I'm hobbling around the house until my foot adjusts to being walked on. Thank you for the information on the Birkenstocks. Don't know if I can find them around here but I'll look online for an outlet closest to me. I don't dare buy shoes without trying them on first.

Last edited by retiredone; 01-02-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Closed Thread