Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #301  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Lyn. Thanks for that information about ergonomics. That just might come in handy. Congrats on the 2 lb loss. Great!

Gayle, sounds like you had a nice weekend. I'm glad you asked for that spaghetti squash recipe from Chickadee. I'm going to try and find a spaghetti squash and try out that recipe. Glad your computer is back to normal.

Rie, glad to know that the frozen veggies turned out so good roasted. I was just wondering, this week, how frozen vegetables would roast. Now I have the answer to that question. I use an exercise bike so it's not the same as a real outside bike. Christmas pudding is similar to fruit cake but it is steamed in a pudding can instead of baked. It is served hot with a hard sauce (just like a frosting which melts down over the pudding) or a variety warm pourable sauces --brown sugar, lemon to name a couple. I usually make one but this year we were given one and we just didn't get around to eating it during Christmas so we had some of it yesterday.

Lucinda, don't beat yourself up over one day. I overdid it yesterday, myself but like you said today is Sunday. Weekends are always a challenge, especially if there are family meals to attend or make. I always have special things on the weekend and I always eat what everyone else eats. Today I made lentil burgers and had potato chips with them but I bought only 1 small bag of chips and divided them between our two plates. Now I don't have chips in the cupboards screaming out my name. (I'm totally addicted and in love with potato chips.) So glad you felt so happy about how you looked. I'm sure you deserved all the attention.

Chickadee, I love your embroidery, especially the monkeys. My DGS loves monkeys so I love them too. Thank you for that spaghetti squash recipe. It sounds so good! I had a stitch left in an incision that I didn't know about. Twenty years later it worked its way out. That particular area used to get tender and swollen every now and then but then it would be better for months or even a year or two. One day when I was in the bath it was painful and I squeezed that spot and out popped the stitch. I couldn't believe my eyes. Never had a bit of trouble since.

Bobbi, that fresh butter sounds so delicious. Wish I could get some of that here. My niece would sometimes bring me fresh cream when I was babysitting Boo. That was really good. I'd share it with the family or else I'd have eaten it by the spoonful all by myself. I like coconut cream pie so that's why I suggested the coconut flavouring for the yogurt. Maybe it needs sweetening to bring out the flavour.

Donna, I've found ingredients left out of casseroles and other dishes on the counter. Just Thursday I was making a lentil loaf and had it in the oven about a minute when I spied the sauteed onions sitting on the table. I pulled the loaf out of the oven and stirred them in. It just ain't food without the onions!

Karen3, so sorry for your friend's brother. It's a hard price to pay. Will say a prayer for him. I hope you're jelly feelings soon pass away.

Lynn
, I hope your DD got lots of donations today. What kind of marathon? Running? Your supper sounds just lovely.

Marie, you foxy lady! Yeah, for the ticker moving.

Karen31, I have that same juicer. We used it some this summer and loved the juice but have gone back to smoothies as it uses so much produce. I'll probably use it again this summer. I loved fresh ginger juiced with apples and any other fruit or vegetables.

Deelee, good for you going back to the club. You'll be so happy about that.

DH and I went shopping today and had a nice time together. We got home just after dinner so we had a late meal. We hardly ever eat out together. He really doesn't like restaurant food. I'd eat out all the time but it's so hard to find something to eat healthy and vegetarian. Salad just doesn't feel like a meal. Ha.

Here's my eats and exercise for the day.
Quote:
Breakfast: 2 small slices ww toast, about 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 2 tablespoons applesauce, about 1/4 cup ff yogurt.

Dinner: Lentil burger on 2 small slices ww bread, mustard, relish, lettuce & tomato, potato chips, 1/2 cup homemade vegetable soup, 2 small cookies.

Supper: 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 teaspoon sugar, skim milk, about 1/4 cup ff yogurt, couple spoonfuls applesauce.

Exercise: 8.48 kilometres on exercise bike, 32 minutes
I had a much better day food wise today. I did have some potato chips but only half a small bag which was 37 grams (about 1 1/2 ounces).
Old 01-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #302  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Glad my computer is working again.

Off to bed here soon. Four days until my next day off. I hope I can figure out how to position my stuff, so that I can be pain free (or at least have less pain).

It has been kind of a weird weekend. I didn't accomplish much ~ just kind of rested a lot. Maybe I needed that. I feel kind of bad though. I was sort of hoping to hear from Sara or Jason. Kind of hoping to see the kids and sad that I didn't and weirdly at the same time relieved because I didn't feel up to it.

It is supposed to be warmer tomorrow and I am hoping to resume my walking routine. Now that the pain is less, and it should help me want to with the weather being nicer.

Rie ~ I heard the thing about the virtual lap band on the radio. My daughter from time to time brings up the lap band thing (she knows people who have had it and have had good success) out of concern for my health. I just have always felt that it is not the choice for me. I am scared of the surgery. I am not brave like our Rosey. And my thinking was that ~ doing the surgery, you have to change your ways ~ eating and exercising. The same thing you need to do to lose it the regular way. And I have not been able to make those changes to do it the regular way, so felt that I would probably not do any better making those changes just because I had had surgery. And I did not want to put myself at surgical risk for something that I felt I would not succeed at.

But this virtual lap band thing that I heard about, I told my husband I would maybe like to try that ~ if I could get the same results with out having to have surgery.

From what I have read, in preperation before, they help you deal with why you have eating problems. That would be good for me, because my over eating seldom has to do with hunger, but things like stress, depression and other reasons. My dr a long time ago, told me that what I was doing was medicating myself with food.

I maybe need to do this ~ I haven’t had much success the other ways and feel so hopeless sometimes that I will ever succeed. I have gained most of the weight back that I had lost with Weight Watchers. I do good for a bit, then fall back into my old habits. I just can’t seem to sustain the right habits. Maybe this virtual lap band thing would be the tool that would finally help me succeed.

Ok, I’d better head off to bed.

Hope you all have a good rest.

Take care
Old 01-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #303  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

GLYNNE oops sorry about the caps
You have hit the nail on the head.
yes we have been self medicating w/ food. I am just like you in that aspect.
I need to admit to myself that I am an addict. and I deserve to love myself and to embrace that I have a chemical disability and i deserve the same kudos and respect that alcoholics who kick their alcohol dependence get.
I am a sugar addict. If I can't get it at as straight sugar, then i crave carbohydrates. So therefore I can say NO.
I say no to all sugar and i say no to all white flour. I have an illness. I protect myself from foods that are making me sick.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #304  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Quote:
Friday’s Keep me Accountable menu 1,200calories + 39 grams fiber
Breakfast - Fiber One, Caramel yogurt , Flax & Chia seeds, 3oz. Chunky Cinnamon applesauce

Lunch- Cherry Cheesecake at nursing home.

Supper- 1 egg+ 1 egg white Omelet filled with leftover Venison Chili, light bread toasted, apple butter.

Night time Snack- Pineapple dessert with sf cool whip and topped with 15 grams dry Fiber One.

Wee hours of the morning, honey nut cheerios

I skipped lunch because I had dessert with MIL. Last week I had a slice of angel food cake but no such thing on the dessert table this time. It’s a Lutheran nursing home and all the area Lutheran churches take turns bringing a wide variety of goodies for afternoon coffee.
Good Morning...woke with a really bad headache this morning, think it's because my new glasses still haven't arrived. They said it'd take about a week, it's almost 2 weeks. I'm calling them this am, grrrrrrrrr!
I can't see straight so no personals today. Marie, your pizza looks devine.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

My DD stayed out in that freezing weather for 4 hours! She received over $400 in donations! Almost 1/3 of her required amount to run the full marathon in Lake Placid in May.

Today, my friend and I are doing a jigsaw puzzle and going to lunch.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 01-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #306  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Lynn: Funny, I just started a jigsaw puzzle too. Nice and relaxing on a cold winter day.

I also did 1 and a half hours at the gym today. mixed up some stationary bike, eliptical, abs, upper body and stretching. looks like i may be down another pound too.
Bye for now
Lyn
Old 01-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #307  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

me and my cats
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000028.jpg (29.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 01-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Love that picture!!! You all 3 look pretty cozy!!
Old 01-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #309  

Hi everyone from a freezing cold alaska -24 out right now. its been a trial trying to cook for my dh becuz there are more things he cant have than can. today i made him a chix macaroni salad. with rice macaroni noodles,vegies, chix breast and mock mayo(i invented it i think as he can have ff coffee mate so i mixed the powder with some apple cider vinegar,1 t sugar and some garlic) it turned out pretty good so hope he likes it. 1 more week of this elimination diet and then start to add things back. hes a cranky guy,and looks a bit peeked glynne i dont know anything about the virtual lap band what is it ? my sister had the reg lapband.my other sister had the same as me. i think i have had better success with bariatric surg. you are absoulutely right. the surg is just a tool and you still have to work at it after. in my case i hit my bottom,i was so sick and had so many health issues that all i wanted was my life back.it was not an easy choice but im so glad i did it. hopefully you will find what works for you. and that goes for all of us,we arnt cookie cutters but share so many of the same things i value each and every one of you,on that note i dont always do personals mostly becuz i cant keep it all straight but dont think for a moment i dont read and cheer and sympathize with you all hoping a peaceful day for you all. rosey

saturday
breakfast
coffree
lunch
turkey lunch meat roll ups
dinner
1 small piece of pizza
chog mocha smoothie

sunday
breakfast
coffee atkins protein bar
lunch
egg salad and cucumber slices
1 sf russel stover chocolate
dinner
moose vegie soup

Monday
breakfast
coffee
lunch
moose soup
snack
smoothie
1/4 c almonds
dinner
1 c chix mac salad
4 grape tomatoes
snack
homemade trail mix 1/4 cup
iced tea
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. Did day 3 at the gym. Trying to figure out what to make for dinner. Had a lot of chicken over the weekend.
Jess: How did your Tilapia turn out? I like Tilapia. That's what I should make for dinner but I would have to go back out to the store. I don't feel like I have the energy right now - yet I'm feeling pretty hungry, hmm, dangerous situation.
Isabella: I love potato chips too. Smart to get the little bag and split it - No one can eat just one, right? I don't keep them in the house, hadn't had any for over a year but for some reason I was really craving them during the holidays. I did not succumb until I was on vacation (in Belize - wonderful) with Dh and both of our d sons the first week in January. First bag I only had a handful, lasted 3 days. Next one lasted 2 days. Last one I demolished in one day. Good thing I left the next day!
Mary and Rie: My condolences on your loss - you did make me lol. Try being a lifelong Chicago fan. Talk about sadness...1985 the Bears won the Superbowl. In the 90s we had Michael Jordan and the Bulls. The year before last the Black Hawks won the Stanley cup. And the Cubs...well, we're still waiting for the Cubs. Sob!
Gayle: sorry you didn't get to see the kids. I feel your pain. Sounds like you got some much needed rest though.
And I so agree that eating often is not about hunger. For me it was boredom - I'm getting better about recognizing and dealing with that though - but so often it's about happiness, joy, that "party in your mouth thing" as Dr. Phil said. Joy can be hard to come by. The thing about food though is that it is such a fleeting feeling. Which is why so many of us overeat. If one cookie (or one potato chip) was enough, I wouldn't have gotten in so much trouble. Perhaps that's the difference between an addict and a nonaddict.
I think I'm going to go cut up some celery to nibble on. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Lyn: Good for you - 1 1/2 hours at the gym.
Akrosey- Moose soup sounds so interesting!

Last edited by deelee10; 01-16-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: forgot something...
Old 01-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #311  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Gayle, I know what you mean about wishing the kids would come and not feeling up to it. We really miss our kids and wish we could see them all the time. We were going to see our youngest this Sunday but he has a bad cold and DH decided we'd wait another week because he didn't want to catch the cold. I really wanted to see him but DH doesn't need a cold when working.

Bobbi, hope your headache cleared up. If I didn't have my glasses I'd be sick with a headache, too.

Lynn, high five to your daughter. Give her a GG hug from all of us.

Lyn, that was quite a workout today. Hope you do see the scales go down. You looked so comfy with the cats.

Rosey, I'd never have thought of making mayonnaise with the coffee whitener. You, my dear, are a creative genius! You have my sympathies with feeding your DH. He's lucky to have you.

Deelee, I can't keep potato chips in the house, either. I've been known to eat them until the inside of my mouth peels from so much salt. And I can eat them when they are not even a nice brand...sigh...If I had been with you on vacation you'd have had a fight on your hands to get the bag away from me. lol

I made half a recipe for a lovely vanilla cake today. It smelled so good while baking and I so wanted to eat a big chunk when it came out of the oven. I actually made 3 little layers for a cake I'll be putting together for the weekend for the kids at church. I could have eaten one of those little layers and still had enough for my purposes but I took all three layers and froze them. I'll get a taste this weekend. I'll have to share it with the kids and no one wants to take "candy" from a baby so I'll just have a taste.

Here's today's eats and exercise.
Quote:
Breakfast: Oatmeal (with flax, bran & wheat germ), brown sugar, skim milk, 2 chopped walnuts, ff yogurt, 2 tablespoons applesauce, 1/2 banana

Dinner: Cabbage roll casserole, mashed potatoes, 2 clementines

Supper: Green pea soup, 1 tangelo

Exercise: 9.29 kilometres on exercise bike, 33 minutes

Last edited by retiredone; 01-16-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone!

Brr. It is cold here and the wind makes it even colder. Very little snow.

I got all the laundry done and put away today. The rest of the day I played on the computer and goofed off. I did work out this morning.

I have pool league tonight - way across town. For those of us here in Billings, that means about a 10 mile drive. LOL All you city dwellers will laugh when I say that is a long way....

Well, sorry but I spent too long messing around and I don't have time for personals. Have a great evening. Hugs to all

Rie
Old 01-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #313  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Isabella, I’m with your DH on restaurants. I don’t like going out because of my food allergies and I can’t control their cross contamination. Much more wonderful to eat at home.

Gayle, gorking weekends are good for the stress and psyche. I’m glad your DH fixed your computer.

Bobbi, I hope you gave GG whacking to the eye glass place. That’s an awfully long time to wait for glasses. Did they have them made in China?

Lynn, tell you DD great job on the marathon. You must be so proud of her.

Lyn, WAY TO GO on the gym work out and the one pound loss. And I love the picture with you and your kitties. The white one is beautiful!

Rosey, you are a good wife and your DH should be thankful for all your efforts. Crank he should not at you. And I remember this past summer when you passed the 100 pound loss mark you were to get a diamond ring (I think) and you got puppies instead (good, wise choice in my humble opinion). So now, looking at your ticker, you’ve left the 100 pound mark in the dust. What happens when you reach goal?

Deelee, my father is a die hard Cubbie fan is waiting patiently. As he will be 84 in 6 weeks, they better get to it.

Rie, good luck at pool tonight. Glad you had a good gork day.

I got lots done today. My file cabinet was overstuffed with stuff and it’s all cleaned out. I got rid of all my old Windows software and compacted my Mac stuff. So clean and organized. I gave my DH the insurance paperwork file and said to reduce it. It was 5” think. So he started on it and got it down to ½”. One of his comments was that he swore he’d cleaned the file since 2002. Guess not. All this file cleaning started with installing TurboTax. Then it snowballed. This afternoon I made my way back to TurboTax and did our taxes. A lovely return will be forthcoming when I get my W-2. I used my last paystub of 2011 so I know it’s pretty much right, but I need the real one. I had all the rest of the documents. DH is currently researching how to spend the return. My Darth Jeep and his Durango are both getting new shoes so we don’t slip and slide down the street. And the other item for updating is the pool. I want my Aquabot fixed/replaced since it didn’t work last year. That and we’re going to get a bigger DE filter. I’d bought a DE filter 3 years ago and I knew it was too small but I couldn’t afford one for my not so small pool. So it’s getting the right size one and I’m selling the other one on ebay this summer. Cool beans. And my DH got all but one kink out of my gold herringbone necklace. My parents gave it to me when I received my masters degree in 1992. So it is 20 years old, never worn because I’m psychotic about things around my neck. For 20 years it swished all of the place through moves and was kinked like crazy. I decided I wanted to see if it could be altered to be a bracelet. I showed it to DH (who rolled his eyes how bad shape it was) and he worked on the kinks. I’m going to bring it to a jeweler to get it made into a bracelet. I think that will be so cool. Anyway, I’m happy today and hate the idea of work tomorrow. But for now, it is still weekend.
Marie
Old 01-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #314  

Yup he sure is cranky. hes off to anch tomorrow to see an allergy speacialist.im staying home hmm good choice i think. i'd think he was having a monthly if i didnt know better. lol so sensitive grrr. by the way the salad was ahit Marie you asked whats up when i reach goal. well a tummy tuck for one. then sexy undies and apair of real blue jeans and jean jacket. i want to walk a 1/2 marathon with my grkids,and maybe wear a dress for the 1st time in 40 yrs. lol the sky's the limit.nice way to fall asleep thinking about it. rosey
Old 01-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Good evening GG!

Rie - I tend to cook like your Grandmother. I get all the ingredients out before I start then put them away as I use them. I started doing this because one time I got several ingredients mixed and then discovered I was out of the next ingredient and had to stop and run to the store.

Chickadee - I know what you mean about the doctor telling you "it's normal". When to you, it doesn't FEEL normal! That's what my doctor has been doing, then they finally did a culture and found out I have an infection.

Bobbi - We keep our house at 68. Sometimes DH will lower it to 67 and boy do I notice the difference! I think I would suffocate at 80!!

Donna - I'm wondering how you liked the talapia after you tried it again, and how did you prepare it? I love talapia.

Karen31 - Chickadee is the one with the sore thumb. I'm the one will the holes in the belly! LOL

Lynn - Congrats to DD for collecting for such a worthy cause. You must be so proud of her.
Closed Thread