Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #256  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

ROFLMAO KarenFL on the dinner you made last night.

Carol Sue, I'm glad the PA has reassured you. A co-worker had that wound vacuum too and her wound was really large. I'm thinking you should skip the quinoa since you have problems with cucumber seeds. I'd guess bird seed would be worse.

Lucinda, congrats on finding the right school for you daughter. It is always good when we don't give into food for emotional support.

Gayle, I hope you feel better and get some relief from something. What about Aleve?

Bobbi, I'm not watching the Firm but thought about it. I like the actor's incredible blue eyes. Josh something or other. He was in Sweet Home Alabama and I just LOVE his eyes so I thought of maybe taking a look at it. Is it any good? And my 4 pack of huskies would lick an attacker too but since they sort of look like wolves, no one comes near me. Plus I live in the middle of nowhere.

Zoe WOOT on catching onto exercise's draw. I'm cool with not catapulting into the realm. Gracefully floating in will work. You are going to be a limber chickie in retirement.

Isabella, giggles at "bread, milk, eggs and the Subaru". Beautifully written.

Lynn, great job losing 60% of the holiday weight gain. Those last 2 pounds will be gone in a flash.

All is good in my world. I still have the slight pain but I'm no longer holding out hope that it will go completely away. I can live with this. Once they know what is wrong and perhaps fix it (you all know my faith in the medical profession), then maybe it will be gone. Regardless, this level is ok and I can mostly ignore it. Somehow I think in three weeks, the excruciating will be back. But I will do what the drs say for now. I rode my bike on the fluid trainer last night and that was tiring. My poor quads didn't know what hit them. Then I did a Zumba workout. Very nice night. If the wind stays non-existent and it's near 50 (as predicted) I think I will go rollerblading after work for my aerobic workout. My new PS3 Move dance workout should arrive today so I'll play with that this evening. For now I sit on my butt at work. I have so many better things to do that work. But back at it I will go.
Marie
Old 01-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Golden Girls. Thanks for the invite. I'm 57. I've read through some of the bios and posts and can relate to so many of you, I hope to get to know you better. Just a couple of quick comments:
Lynn - I'm so sorry you had lymphoma. I can relate about being rusty at giving presentations. I think 1 - 4 graders are very forgiving and appreciative of anyone trying to teach them something in an entertaining way. I bet you'll be great. I look forward to hearing about it.
I also loved the "cracked pot" story. Perfect! We're not broken - we might just be spreading beauty in an unconventional way!
I am up 7 lbs since holidays and vacation. Have to get back on track. Was planning on going to health club with dh til I got a phone call from my parents' helper at their retirement community. Mom, (has some Alzheimers) has been refusing to cooperate with the helper we've hired to help her bathe...ongoing issue...cut it down to just twice a week and still...sometimes I laugh but more often I'm so frustrated I cry and worse - start craving the evil carbs (not the good ones like broccoli.) I will be reading more about you all. I'm off to the book store. Then maybe the health club...Good luck to all.
Dee
Old 01-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #258  

Hi everyone, sitting here enjoying our 6 inches of fresh snow and cold temps, NOT! All I can think is it is already the middle of January. Yeah!

I have been doing real good with my plan, I think I would just like to move along as I am, I feel better about myself and what I am eating. Don't have as many tummy problems. A slow lost is probably better for me in the long run.

You guys are busier than ever, I miss so much even during the day and one night not on here.

I eat Quinoa and love it, maybe it does depend what kind you get and if it is fresh. But I like it with just olive oil, salt and pepper. Speaking of food, I have to go find something for dinner.

Take care all.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Welcome, Dee.

Carol Sue, regardless of the size, sounds scary to me. Probably a good thing to be on an antibiotic. Please keep us updated. My best wishes and prayers are with you.

Presentation was fine - kids were adorable.

Funny, I just bought a box of Quinoa. I've never eaten it before.

Good Evening to Everyone,

Lynn
Old 01-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #260  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello Gals.

Welcome Dee. Nice to meet you.

Glad your presentation went well, Lynn. Grades 1-4 are usually a good age group to talk to.

Marie, glad you're feeling much better. Hope you find out what the problem is, beside being a woman.

Here are my eats and exercise for the day.

Quote:
Breakfast: 1 slices ww toast (1 with butter, 1 with pb), 1/2 smoothie with about 1/3 cup ff yogurt, 1 clementine

Dinner: Green pea soup, 1 small plain biscuit with dried blueberries

Supper: Green pea soup, 1 boiled egg, 1 cookie

Exercise: 7.57 km, 28 minutes
Old 01-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hello all....why did you sent that cold front down here? It's 54 and dropping! A damp chilly night. After 11 years down here below 40 and I look for a den to hiberate! You can tell locals from snowbirds...snowbirds are in shorts when locals are in ski jackets.

TMI about the quinoa but it did pass quickly. blaaaaah....

I can't believe what's happening with my DH. He had the right shoulder replaced in Nov (already had both hips replaced). 2 back surgeries and 2 hand surgeries. So our fab denist saw him this am and is building a new cap. Then he had orthop appt and got a shot in his knee. The pain is so much less already that he feels like dancing.

BBL....PHONE...K3

PS..My bridge partner's brother was riding his bike drunk and hit by a car. He is in a coma in Cal. Please add him to your prayers. That was the phone call

Last edited by Karen3; 01-13-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Someone had to remind me,

So I'm remindingyou, too.

Don't laugh.... It is all true!

Perks of reaching 50

Or being over 60

And heading towards

70 or beyond!

Kidnappers are not very

Interested in you.

In a hostage situation,
You are likely to be released first.

No one expects you to run --

Anywhere.

People call at 9 PM (or 9 AM) and ask,

'Did I wake you?'

People no longer view you as a

Hypochondriac.

There is nothing left

To learn the hard way.

Things you buy now

Won't wear out.

You can eat

Supper at 4 PM.

You can live without sex

But not your glasses.

You get into heated arguments

About pension plans.

You no longer think of speed limits

As a challenge.

You quit trying to hold
Your stomach in no matter who walks

Into the room.

You sing along

With elevator music.

Your eyes won't get

Much worse.

Your investment in health insurance

Is finally beginning to pay off.

Your joints are moreaccurate meteorologists

Than the national weather service.

Your secrets are safe with your friends

Because they can't remember them either.

Your supply of brain cells is finally down to

A manageable size.

You can't remember

Who sent you this list.

And you notice these are all

In big print

For your convenience.

Forward this to everyone

You can remember

Right now!

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING:

Never, NEVER,NEVER ,

Under any circumstances,

Take a sleeping pill, and a laxative on

The same night!

"Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you know they are always there."
Old 01-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #263  

Hi everyone welcome Dee. hope you all are having agreat day. we had to send dh back to the dr office becuz i wasnt comfortable giving him his new meds. i read the labels and they said to give him 2 injections every 12 hrs. which was a diff amt from what he was taking. i called dr;s nurse and she got irrated with me. however i wasnt going to give dh a med i wasnt sure about so sent him back to office. the nurse was nasty about it again but after seeing the dr they figured the pharmacy made a mistake. if i had not been persistent he would have been given double the dosage and a bigger amount. yikes glad it got sorted out but would have liked that nurse to aplogize. what a "female dog" sry dog lovers me included but swearings not allowed but u know the word i mean. In spite of my worry over dh we are coping well.his new diet tho the next 2 weeks is easy. nothing processed,no eggs,fat or dairy,no spices except salt. so if its not natural without persvatives and additives he cant have it. i just made a stir fry with moose ,fresh vegies and rice. no soy sauce tho.he said it was ok.then in 2 weeks he can start to add things back and see if he reacts to them. ive been sewing flannel tops for myself. i found some shirts that i had cut out 5 yrs ago. i really had to alter them to make them fit me now. my kids call them my uniform cuz i love my flannels and sweats and funky socks. the fabrics are so pretty, some flowered and prints with bright colors. well here i am rambling,happy days to you all ttfn rosey

food list for today

breakfast
coffee.atkins protein bar

lunch
homemade trail mix 1/2 cup
apple

dinner
moose stir fry

snack
mocha coffee smoothie

the trail mix i make is
1 cup kashi honey crunch cereal
1 cup almonds
1 cup dried cranberries
i bag it up in snack baggies 1/2 cup each

Last edited by akrosey49; 01-13-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #264  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

KarenMo...yes to all, thanks for sharing
Welcome Dee, we don't have a dee........2 susans and 2 Karens.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #265  

Height: 5'3"

Well the garage thinks the trouble with our old car is the alternator and dh can replace that so we are having it towed home. It's not worth much of course but we'd rather have our old car than someone else's and are not ready to buy another one right now. If it's just the alternator it should run a while longer after it's replaced. After he got home from the garage we did some shopping...stocked up on our supplements and I got some skin care and then we went shopping for clothes and I bought two pants for the gym and a sweater and dh got a pea coat he's been wanting. I had to laugh as it seemed like a lot for us, but the cashier said we saved over $200! We did get a good buy and even got the $10 Kohls cash (so we'll be tempted to shop again!). Since i got home I've been working on our tax returns.

Karen31 - That was funny! I can certainly identify with some of them.

Karen3 - Glad your dh's pain has been relieved and good to know the shot works that fast! Is it Cortisone? I have prayed for your bridge partner's son.

Marie - Glad you're able to work out now. I'm still hoping you will be pain-free at some point!

Lucinda - Husbands are strange...they see us all the time and just take us for granted so they don't see the changes. I recently lost 18 lbs and my dh only occaisonally realized ...LOL...by that I mean once he said, I think you do look a little more slender, your stomach's not so big ...this at least 1/2 way into my loss but then later he said he couldn't tell much difference!! What?!! I lost 18 lbs and he can't tell?!! I agree with Isabella your dh will eventually realize you've changed even if he can't figure out how. LOL In my case, I realize partly it's because of how I carry it (torso/waist with slender legs) and to be honest only one other person noticed and she didn't seem sure (and maybe only noticed because I told her). I have to lose about 30lbs before it makes much difference apparently. Once I lost 33+ lbs and my oldest dd who seldom sees me didn't even notice! Now that is harder to understand! Finally I purposely strutted around in front of her trying to get her to notice and she still didn't! Later when I told her I had lost that much weight (after I had already gained back most of it!) she said, I remember I thought you looked different but I'm too busy to notice things like that. If it'd been one of her friends I bet she would have but who really looks at mother..you know..Oh well, what you gonna do, you just have to lose it for yourself and not for others cause some just won't see it. When I lost that same 33+ lbs I also had two friends who saw me when I was out and one didn't recognize me and the other one was scared to approach me because she wasn't sure it was me! So I KNOW the change showed!

Well, I stripped the bed this morning and still haven't remade it so better do that before I get too sleepy. Hope you all get a good rest tonight.

Last edited by maryea; 01-13-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi GGs, my apologies if I don't do personal notes as thorough as some of you ladies do...maybe I am just new to these kinds of threads, and I am a much better lurker than I am a poster. Hopefully in the future, as I get to know you all better, it will get easier to follow along.

Dee, welcome! I am a newbie to this group too.

Marie, glad to hear you are feeling better. Pain is always so much worse when you don't understand why you have it. The unknown and the fear that goes along with it seems to intensify pain.

Carol Sue, I hope you continue to improve, and your wound heals a little bit more each day. When I read about the quinoa, I too was glad for the warning and won't eat it either, because I have had a diverticulitis attack 2 years ago and live in fear of having another. It sounds like quinoa could be a food to avoid for me.

I just weighed myself this morning and I am 3.5 lbs down already after only a few days of counting calories! This is really exciting because never in my life have I been able to make the scale go down. I guess even though I knew all about what foods were healthy, I still ate too much. Watching my calories and portions has made a huge difference and I am so happy to see some quick results. I was afraid of losing my momentum and getting discouraged if I didn't see a change on the scale pretty quick.
We will be traveling tomorrow so I won't be checking in for a day or two. Have a great weekend ladies and I can't wait to hear how you all are doing!

Last edited by gardend1va; 01-13-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: added boldface type for emphasis
Old 01-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #267  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Yippee ~ next two days off. I feel in better spirits tonight. If you prayed or sent positive vibes ~ thank you. I am not in such terrible pain tonight. I lowered the height of my chair and it seemed to help. I had done that before, but it made me so low to the desk (surface is at about my chest level with my chair lowered) that I put it back up. The chair is not as high as itG could go, but I guess the height it was at must have put pressure on the back of my leg and aggravated the nerve and made the pain worse. Tonight, it was my neck that hurt because sitting down lower, I had to look up to see stuff including the computer screen. I'm not sure what I am gonna do about that.

I asked the boss if our work place had an ergonomics person. She said the physical therapists would be the people to ask. My husband had a similar problem where he worked before he retired. He was having terrible pain in his arm. They worked with him and helped him with his work area. They lowered the place where his keyboard was and it made a world of difference ~ the pain went away just by making that one little change.

The problem with my work area is that (unlike DH ~ that was his office and nobody else used it) my area is used by other people ~ the lady who fills in for me on my days off, and the night shift people who sit in my spot. So, they can not do any changing around that is a permanent change.

I feel like I will be able to resume my walking now

Please forgive me ~ getting sleepy ~ guess I will head to bed. Hope to get to the personals tomorrow.

Hope you all rest well.

Take care
Old 01-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 160/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Gayle, I feel your pain-literally :/ Last night I went to see a movie they were showing over at city hall. We sat in metal folding chairs for over 2 hours. My girl friend couldn't take it so she left. I thought I did pretty well until I was in bed with my hubby and started getting back spasms-I never felt anything like that before. I also hate when someone borrows my car and changes the seat position. I can't get it right for days after. Luckily, no one uses my desk chair but me-that would drive me bananas. Trish
Old 01-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #269  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy week-end everyone, we have a 11 O'clock funeral this morning. (DH's aunt) It's out of town, maybe 65 miles away so I can't loiter this morning.
Quote:
Friday’s Keep me Accountable menu 978 calories + 47 grams fiber
Breakfast - Fiber One, Caramel yogurt , Flax & Chia seeds, 3oz. Chunky Cinnamon applesauce

Lunch- Butternut squash and Apple soup

Snack - raw carrots/celery with peanut butter dip.

Supper- Venison Chili

Night time Snack- Pineapple dessert with sf cool whip and topped with 15 grams dry Fiber One.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #270  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Bobbi ~ could you share your recipe for the butternut squash and apple soup ~ sounds yummy.

Safe travels
Closed Thread