Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - I'm so glad your mentioned user CP. I had always had it checked to receive emails, but I just went in and double checked and it was set NOT to receive emails. I don't know how it got changed and I don't know why I was still getting emails for the other threads I no longer visit, but maybe because January GG is a new thread. So now I'm all fixed up and should get the emails again. I checked to get emails right away. It's under "edit options".

Karen31 - I have a generic Gazelle and I still use it. I have a treadmill, an elliptical, the off-brand gazelle, a body glide, a weight station, a body bag, and a Torso Track which I will probably never be able to use again after all this abdominal surgery. darn. I like it. I, too, have had other pieces that I have sold or thrown out over the years because they were taking up more room than they were worth. I like going around using the different equipment to add variety to my workout. The ones I have left are the ones that I will use. When they start to just sit there collecting dust, out they go! LOL

Zoe - I have used Smart Pasta. Is it made by Ronzini? If not, then I have also used Ronzini which is similar. I tried whole wheat lasagne noodles and didn't like them. I got rid of them by using them combined with the regular and will not buy it again. Something that is good for you is not really good for you if you won't eat it. I shouldn't be eating pasta because of my diabetes, but I do occasionally. It's just not a weekly thing.

Rosey - I'm sorry to hear your hubby is having problems. I hope they find out what's wrong with him and he is soon on the mend!

Marie - There is no projected recovery date for my surgery. Actually, I think I am past what would have been the recovery date, but this saroma is an unexpected complication. The nurse I had yesterday said she had a patient who had a much larger saroma than mine and it took a year to heal. She also said they can reopen after they heal. So good to hear!! NOT! I found out they forgot to schedule me for a nurse on Saturday. When I hadn't heard from anyone by 10:30 I called the office and they added me to someone's schedule. It was a male nurse and he didn't come til 1:30. I was a little bit leary of having a male nurse, but I really liked him. He was friendly, gentle and seemed to know his stuff.

Gayle - It wasn't until I retired than I realized just how much snacking I did at work. I'm amazed, even at how much money I was putting into the snack machines! That stuff is so much more expensive than if you bring your own from home, and none of it is healthy. I ate candy, chips, pretzels, cakes. Many things I would not even consider having in the house, and that don't even appeal to me normally. I was not hungry. Maybe it was stress that made me do it. At that time I thought I was watching my weight and considered the snacking as just a little sidetrack! How we fool ourselves into thinking what we want to think!

Rie - When I was a kid growing up, I didn't know pancakes were for breakfast. They were always supper at our house! Our breakfast was either cereal or eggs. I don't know why my mother never made pancakes for breakfast, but she probably made them for supper because they were cheap to make. It wasn't until I started working and would sometimes go out for breakfast with friends before work that I saw people eating pancakes for breakfast. And sausage! That was definately supper!

Did you ever eat "seedless cucumbers"? Are they really seedless? A friend of my husband's has diverticulitis and his wife cuts the seeds out of cucumbers and tomatoes for him. And grapes too. I think it's funny that he can't eat grapes unless "mommy" takes the seeds out! LOL

Maryea - I hope your UTI is better. I used to get them often and I started drinking cranberry juice at the first hint and it seems to ward them off. That and yogurt. I buy Ocean Spray Diet cranberry juice. It is much lower in carbs and sugar than the regular. In fact, I don't think the regular would help because sugar feeds the yeast which is usually what is causing the UTI.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #152  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Carol Sue, seedless cucumbers are a long thinner fruit with little tiny soft seeds. The skin is also very soft and most people don't peel them. They go by the name "English Cucumber." You'd have to buy one to see if it is suitable for your diet.

Just a quick run through today as I'm supposed to be out the door in 2 minutes and I'm still sitting here all sweaty from my bike ride.

Catch you all later.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

For the next 3 weeks, I will try to check in everyday to post my food & exercise.

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-09-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #154  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinweighting View Post
Monday, 1/9

90 min exercise

Breakfast - Nugo Vanilla Protein bar

Lunch - 1 cup Amy's Veggie Soup, 1/2 WW pita, 2 Tbsp Hummus

Snack 1 - light cheese stick

Supper - egg, soy sausage, veggie pie

Snack 2 - SF/FF pudding w SF Cool Whip

Snack 3 - 4 prunes

Today's Food

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 01-09-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

quick good morning...just realized I haven't checked in recently and need to keep Donna calm. Just quiet here with sun shine. Supposed to have another cold front later this week....Welcome to the newbies....Rosey, I framed your card...looks like modern art! later....k3

ps..meant to ask have you tried the chickenstock that comes in wee foil packs? I chopped up cabbage and onion 2 packs of the stock some water then turkey kiebabas...it was so so good. Piggied out on just the cabbage for lunch. k

Last edited by Karen3; 01-09-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens.

I just wanted to stop by and say.... Gayle, I am so proud of you. Your post made me smile.

Have a great day.

Rie
[/COLOR][/FONT]
Old 01-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome Lucinda! Pull up a chair and just jump in!

Gayle, I just read your post and I laughed a lot about it too! I'm glad that you are enjoying your walks and that is great!!

CarolSue--- I hope you get to feeling better real soon. If you are concerned at all about the opening I would get to the Dr. and make him/her explain to me exactly what to expect! After all WE pay their salaries!! If it wasn't for patieints they wouldn't have jobs!!!

Not a lot of time this morning. Need to get a bunch done that I have put off for too long! Like I just realized Ginger was due for her vet visit last week for her regular visit and shots. So need to get her an appointment made. Sissy will be due next month!

Everyone have a great day and I'll be back later..
Old 01-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #158  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Quote:
Sunday’s Keep me Accountable menu 1,160calories + 39grams fiber

Breakfast - Fiber One, peanut butter yogurt , Flax & Chia seeds, 3oz. Chunky Cinnamon applesauce

Lunch- skipped lunch and had angel food cake with regular cool whip at nursing home. They have different churches prepare a dessert bar with all kinds of delectable goodies, I usually splurge. Since the scale hadn’t moved all week, I was good and had the angel food.

Supper- 90% lean hamburger on light bun with dill relish and ketchup. 9 oz. butternut squash.

Night time Snack- ff cheesecake topped with blueberry pie filling , sf cool whip

Dry Fiber One, butter spray pam, cinnamon and splenda…. zapped in microwave (crispy, crunchy & sweet)
Good Morning girls and all the newbies, Lucinda I see you're at 151, not a whole lot for you to lose.... But we'll help ya. You've probably noticed that some of us are posting our ww points/calories and menu's. Jump right in if you think that will work for you. Just knowing we have to post our food intake from the day before stops us from eating things we shouldn't.
Freda...I've never been good at planning menus in advance like you, do you just planned your main meal or the whole days? I wish the blackberries were cheap around here, I love them. Yesterday the store had large pinkish seedless grapes on sale. I made some 50 calorie packs in snack size zip bags. After washing them, I sprinkle some stevia on them and tossed them in the freezer for a quick evening snack. Not only are they good but take awhile to eat.
Rie...my mom always made grilled cheese sandwiches and canned tomato soup on Sunday nights. (We had our large meal at noon after church) After we all married and left the nest, they had a bowl of cereal on Sunday nights. She still continued to make the large meal everyday until her alzheimers took away her love of cooking. Then my dad who had never boiled water took over the cooking until they sold their home and moved into a nursing home.
Quote:
growing up, we often had breakfast foods for supper. It was a good "cheat" for a quick and filling meal on busy days
Isabella... funny you should mention eggplant Parmesan. While shopping yesterday, I looked for the eggplant thingies that Zoe eats and could only find Eggplant lasagna. Do you buy fresh eggplant for your recipe and what do you use for the protein?
Zoe....where are you? Is that what you eat sometimes?
Lynn...yup, yup and yup! I stopped counting on Fitday and up the scale went. I'm not to be trusted, I know that's what happens and I do it anyway. Sometimes I just get so sick of counting every morsel.
Quote:
Guess it’s time to get serious and go back to counting and measuring.lynnI will try to check in everyday to post my food & exercise.
Rosie...your moose roast sounds yummy. I've eaten most wild meat but never moose. DH applied for a license for 9 years in a row and was never picked. He finally gave up plus the moose fees run around $3,000. You're lucky you live in Alaska where the moose is more abundant and of course you're residents which cuts way down on the fee. We have moose in Northern Minnesota but the call of the West was always too strong for DH. (Wyoming mostly)
Glynne...I'll post the Ukrainian sweet sour cabbage soup after I post todays gab. Good job on your menus, very healthy.
KarenFla...yes, I have some of those foil packets in my pantry . Very tasty and more importantly NO MSG. Those of you that haven't tried it, "Swanson Flavor Boost" and 30 calories per liquid packet.
Carol Sue...glad you got your email box checked. When whole wheat spaghetti noodles 1st came out, they were grainy and yucky. I mixed them with white spaghetti to get rid of them too. "Waste Not, Have Not" or something like that. Anyway, we tried them again a couple of years ago and love them. They finally got it right.
Quote:
I tried whole wheat lasagne noodles and didn't like them. I got rid of them by using them combined with the regular and will not buy it again
KarenMo...I'm sure that's the case with your slim fast, couldn't stand it when it first came out. I'm sure the taste has improved or it wouldn't be around. I'd rather chew something then drink it, but it works for you plus the bonus of not having to you to think about what to make for lunch. I make a weeks worth of plain old veggie soup so I don't think about lunch either and I never get sick of it.
Mary...check out your user CP until edit options and re-check your box.
Hi Marie...busy at work? Do your dogs ever get into mischief while you're at work? My Charlie only has one bad habit, he likes to drag my couch blanket around the house. He doesn't chew it, just likes to keep it in his mouth and show me he has it. Like, see what I've got? With 4 dogs, they probably entertain themselves. Do you trim their nails yourself? My DH does Charlie but I can't stand being in the room when he does it. I cringe thinking about getting too close to the quick. He never has but our daughter did on her Golden Retriever and he wouldn't let her get close with the clippers after that. DH did it for her or the vet.
Hi Donna....same O, same O with you?
Time to get started with my day, I picked up some Carob powder yesterday for mock chocolate pudding. I found a recipe that sounds good and I don't eat chocolate since it spurs on migraine headaches.
Oh, almost forgot...I'll post the soup Glynne.
Have a great day and Hi to anyone I missed.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #159  
Bobbi

Here's the recipe Glynne...I used the base for the soup only to cut down on calories. I used spray pam to fry the apple/onions. Balsamic vinegar instead of cider, stevia instead of brown sugar and about 6 chopped prunes instead of raisins. I was reading in the reviews that some people used the prunes instead. Go to allrecipes.com to read all the reviews if you're interested. Some of the gals put their own twist on this recipe as I did. This soup is very tasty! I'll be eating it all week for lunch.

Quote:
Ukrainian Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup

Rated:Servings: 7Submitted By: MARBALET
"Granny Smith apples and shredded red cabbage are cooked in beef broth flavored with brown sugar, cider vinegar and celery seed in this recipe which also includes raisins and apple butter."
INGREDIENTS:</div>2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored
and sliced
3 cups shredded red cabbage
4 cups beef stock
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup apple butter
DIRECTIONS:</div>1.In a large saucepan, saute the apple and onion in the butter until tender. Stir in the cabbage and saute for 5 more minutes.2.Pour in stock and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in sugar, salt, pepper, celery seed, and raisins. Simmer, uncovered, for an hour. Stir in apple butter.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-09-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #160  
Bobbi

The picture of the old shed down the road from us (not ours, the farmers) was taken last night when the orange moon was rising. Much prettier than what the picture shows.
Charlie sleeping in his favorite spot. That's a king size quilt we keep over the couch. Why we purchased a cream colored couch is a puzzle. Dumb and dumber. I think I was thinking it would go with anything and wasn't thinking of the dog. Yes, the dog can sleep anywhere he wants in our house, he's a member of the family. He doesn't sleep on the beds, door are always closed to prevent that. Dog hair isn't allowed in the bedrooms. I purchased two king size quilts with pillow shams to match. Different patterned quilts but I needed a spare to put on when I washed the quilt. I use the shams to put behind our heads, DH used hair stuff and he naps on the couch. The shams works great for keeping the quilt clean. Overstock.com always has great prices and the quality of these quilts are awesome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1178.jpg (17.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1179.jpg (34.0 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-09-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #161  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

hmmm. maybe i got the order of the starting weight, current weight , goal weight mixed up. i am 151, I started at 151 and i am supposed to weigh 115.
although i am so very careful the scale has not budged.
I got on the scale this am and it said 151.5 uuhhgggg. It is this post menopause peasant genes, designed to survive the cold Polish winters in the shtetl.LOL.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #162  
Isabella

Lynn, it's so nice that you and your DF can at least enjoy a movie together. Glad your starting to feel much better.

Rosey, you reminded me to boil a few eggs to have on hand. I never remember until I want one and then I never do boil them.

Gayle, I often put apples in my oatmeal. They taste so good in the hot cereal. I walked up and down my street for a year when my mom was living with us. The neighbours would often ask me what I was up to. That's similar to walking the parking lot. You sound very happy and upbeat about the walking.

Welcome Lucinda. Join right in. I'm vegetarian. Did you see the Veggie threads. Lots of vegans and vegetarians chat there as well.

Karen3, I've never used those little packets but I do use bouillon cubes or powder in my cabbage and it does give it a wonderful flavor.

Karen3, it's not hard to forget the things that have to get done. You know it has to be done and then the time just slips by and before you know it the time/thing has come.

Bobbi, I've never seen frozen eggplant in any form where I live so I always use a fresh one. I slice it up and sometimes peel it if it's a bigger eggplant. I prepare it by dipping in an egg/milk wash and coating in fine cracker crumbs. Then I fry or bake the slices until soft. Yesterday, I fried them but used my vegetable oil sprayer to cut down on the oil absorption. Eggplant is like a sponge with oil. I usually serve the eggplant Parmesan as a side dish or if I want it for a main I use veggie burger in the tomato sauce (which would make it more like lasagna, lol). Yesterday I had veggie meatballs for the main protein serving in the meal.

I just finished mixing 4 loaves of 100 % ww bread in my stand mixer. Love that thing. I usually mix in white flour but I'm cleaned out with all the Christmas baking I did and I refused to pay nearly $5 for a 7 lb bag. I'll get a larger bag (10k) and cheaper when I go to town later on this week or next. The dough is in its first rising but it should be ready to form into loaves in about 20 minutes. DH wouldn't know what to do without his toast in the morning, LOL.

I'll be back to post today's food. I'm going to include my time and distance on the bike as well.

See ya all later.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #163  

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Lynn, it's so nice that you and your DF can at least enjoy a movie together. Glad your starting to feel much better.
Hi Isabella,

Unfortunately, my friend with Altzheimer's can no longer enjoy movies - she gets too confused.

Watched the movie with another friend.

Lynn

PS my DD & SIL are talking about a summer trip to NF to see whales. I told them I would go if we can stop by to see you.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #164  
Isabella

Lynn, Oh so sorry. I'm glad you two enjoyed the movie.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #165  
Isabella

OK, here's the lowdown on today's eats and exercise.

Quote:
Breakfast: 1 slice ww bread, toasted, 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut butter, 2 tablespoons apple sauce.

Dinner: Left-overs (spaghetti, 1 veggie meat ball, 1/2 veggie chicken pattie, mashed potatoes, turnip, carrot, cabbage, ff gravy) 1/2 cup soda, small piece fruit cake

Supper: 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal, brown sugar, 2 walnut halves, skim milk, 1 boiled egg, 6 grapes

Exercise: 6.5 k on bike-24 minutes

Last edited by retiredone; 01-09-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Closed Thread